• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Singles Showdown 2018 - Signups

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
SS2018.png

Time for the annual Singles Showdown; I imagine you all know the drill by now.

Standard 6vs6 singles on Pokemon Showdown is the name of the game. The rules are almost identical to last year, the only changes being Blaziken being thrown into the Uber list and the Baton Pass clause being removed. Below, the link to Showdown for anyone who needs it:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ (Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator)

And here's the rules:

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon:

Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Lunala
Marshadow
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Solgaleo
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
Necrozma-DM
Necrozma-DW
Ultra Necrozma

Banned Abilities:

Power Construct

Banned Items:

Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Salamenceite
Soul Dew

Signup deadline is June 9th 2018, if you wish to compete simply post in this topic saying so. Any questions about the tournament are to be posted here as well where they will be answered by me. Any post that's not a signup or a question about the tournament will be considered SPAM and will get you a warning as always.

Signups away.

- Rohan Kishibe
- Mr Fishykarp
- Brendan Savem
- Ruko

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since my PC kicked the can and I only got it back today (combined with the low number of entrants) I'm extending the signup duration by one week.

Assuming my PC remains working by that point of course.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Sign-ups are now closed.

Tournament layout and matchups will be revealed tomorrow.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
So tomorrow got delayed a fair bit, due mainly to my computer playing up.

I'll try to get this up and running at some point this week, assuming I don't have to do any more rig-fixing.