• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh: Two Years Later

The boy took the offered hand with a warm smile. "Nice to meet you. You can call me Cass, and this is Totodile. The rude ones," he jabbed his thumb behind him, "are Arienne and Chatot."

While the humans talked, Totodile peeked out from behind its trainer's leg, confidence slowly returning. The new Pokémon had leaves on its head, which Totodile found odd. It wasn't like the big leaf that Chikorita from back home had, though. She'd smelled sweet, like flowers, and this Pokémon smelled like freshly tilled soil.

"He was given to me by Professor Elm, back home in Johto," Cass answered, meanwhile, in response to the other boy's question. "We were supposed to only be on a short vacation here in Sinnoh, but...well, it was extended."

He paused, and tilted his head. When he spoke again, his words were more of a question than a statement. "Looks like you two're headed toward Jubilife too, then?"

Hugo creeped out behind Irene's legs, looking at Twigs and the Totodile, envying their interraction. He wanted to join them as well, but was too shy to approach them. "Yeah, we're going to Jubilife," Irene said. "I'm Irene, by the way. This is Hugo," she pointed at the Chimchar.

"What do you mean by extended vacation, though?" Irene asked.

"Oh, you haven't heard yet?" Cass asked Irene after her introduction, mildly surprised. "Ships into and out of Canalave were shut down this morning. Something about an explosion on one of the liners, but they're not sure what caused it yet."

Arienne finally approached the trio, Chatot having moved to her shoulder. "He says that," she chimed in "But a major port city like Canalave...don't you think it'd be a perfect target for something like an attack?"

Her brother rolled his eyes at her theatrics. "Or an accident," he insisted. Meanwhile, Totodile was investigating this new Pokémon with the flame for a tail. He'd never seen anything like it, and his jaws ached to bite this new creature. His human didn't seem to like it when Totodile bit his skin, though, and he wanted to get along, so he resisted the urge in case these Pokémon were the same.

(OOC: I'm very sorry for my own inactivity over the past few days. I've had to switch between living with mom and then living with dad and it's been rather stressful. I do not want this RP to lose your interest, so I'll make sure to post more often from now. Believe me when I have a lot of plans with this RP to make it as awesome as possible so lets not let it fade guys!)

BIC:

Roman raised an eyebrow at Arienne's theory, because it wasn't the first time the Sinnoh region had been at the receiving end of an attack like that, or did everybody already forget about Team Galactic blowing up Lake Valor two years ago? He had heard rumours of a new evil organisation making their way into the Sinnoh region, but seeing the region was still at peace it seemed very unlikely. Until the explosion, that is.

"We're headed to Jubilife City." Roman diverted the conversation, referring back to Cass' earlier question. "You two are more than welcome to join us." He suggested, looking at the two trainers in front of him. Upon hearing the words 'Jubilife City' Twigs the Turtwig glanced up at Roman with a grin, eager to finally reach the next city.

(ooc: it's alright! school's been taking a toll on me, so I haven't been active anywhere, too. hope it all went well!)

bic:

Hugo recoiled when the Totodile came near. The Chimchar wasn't a fan of water, and that included water type Pokemon. To make things worse, the Pokemon's jaw seemed strong, too, so Hugo was afraid of making a wrong move which would result into him getting bitten. Hugo managed to hide himself behind Irene's legs, the girl pinching the bridge of her nose as a reaction.

"Hugo, the Totodile won't hurt you," Irene said. "It's good, see!" She kneeled down to greet the Totodile, but felt the same fear when it showed it's teeth. Irene kept her hands to herself, and smiled nervously. "Yeah, don't worry!" She rose up, but allowed Hugo to stay behind her. She was surprised that the Chimchar was so timid, but maybe it was just around certain Pokemon. Hugo didn't seem as afraid when he was with Turtwig...

Her focus shifted to the attack Arienne mentioned. It didn't seem impossible, but Irene couldn't figure out why someone would do such a thing. It couldn't be Team Galactic again if they were dismantled, but Irene didn't like the idea of another evil organization terrorising Sinnoh. She shook her head, not wanting to think about things like that. When the time comes...

For the time being, the group was going to Jubilife city. And, then they were going to figure out what to do next. Irene liked that thought, and when Roman mentioned departing and suggested for the two new friends to come along, Irene jumped in front of the group to initiate the journey. "Yes, let's go!"

Hugo couldn't stay in cover anymore, not with Irene moving so quickly. He dashed towards her, trying to climb up to her shoulder. That way, he would be at a safe distance from the Totodile. Irene laughed, picking the Chimchar up and placing it on her shoulder. "Alright, I guess you're not that heavy."

(Yep, no problem, life happens ^-^ I'm far from a quick replier myself, as is evident haha. Hope everything's getting better!)

BIC:

"Sure, that'd be great!" Arienne answered, and her partner swayed on her shoulder, chanting "great! Great~!" in a musical tone. Cass nodded in agreement with a smile. He could tell Ari liked them already.

The younger sibling recalled Totodile to its Pokéball with a sympathetic wince. "It's not for long," he told the Water-type. While he was sure Totodile would love to walk with them like Hugo or Twigs, the young trainer was still a bit wary of those teeth, so he wasn't quite comfortable with letting him run around unsupervised. He told himself he'd make more of an effort; like Ari had said, he'd been a little unfair by keeping Totodile in its Pokéball this long, just for following its natural instinct.

The siblings followed alongside their new companions, admiring the scenery and wild Pokémon that flitted in and out of view. "So, are you guys headed to the nearest gym? In, er..." Cass paused, struggling to form a mental map of the region.

"Oreburgh," Arienne provided.

"Eventually." Roman quickly replied. Even though getting to Oreburgh City's Gym was the main goal, he was curious to see what Jubilife had to offer. The Trainer School, The TV station, only to name a few. Twigs followed closely behind Roman and the others while they embarked on their journey through Route 202. The route seemed more occupied than the previous one, with novice trainers trying their first battles and catching new Pokémon. It was pleasant to see other trainers who were inexperienced like Roman was, and the others too.

The group of trainers avoided the battling youngsters, with Roman observing the battles he passes closely. This way he caught a glimpse of some Pokémon, moves and strategies he hadn't yet seen before. This way he could learn a thing or two, even from just waching them. He couldn't help but feel like just watching wasn't enough.

"Hey how about a battle?" Roman suggested, stopping in his tracks to see their reactions. He caught them by surprise, as their expressions gave away, but they didn't really oppose the idea either. "We'll do a two versus two. Me and Irene, against Cass and Arienne." He further proposed. Twigs had already assumed a more aggressive position, clearly on board with the idea, by planting his short legs in the ground and smirking at the Chatot that was hovering in the air by Arienne.

Last edited:
Irene had enjoyed Route 202. Although they haven't spoken much, she liked the company of her companions. Hugo was still on her shoulder, and Irene wondered how timid her Pokemon was. She still had to get to know the Chimchar, and she worried that she wouldn't be as good of a trainer as she hoped. But it seemed Hugo felt safer around Irene, so she felt she was on the right path. Still, he was getting quite heavy. Irene had to put him down at one point, but Hugo stayed close to her.

Irene noticed how observing Roman was. She wished she was more like him in that way – but, she couldn't focus on just one thing! There were so many interesting things to see, Irene couldn't help but dedicate only enough time to each so that she could remember them later. But, she gave more attention to the battles that took place throughout the route. The trainers used different Pokemon, and Irene managed to put the entires of some in her PokeDex. Still, what excited her more was the thought of herself battling, and she couldn't wait to get to the first gym.

And it was like Roman could read her mind, because the next moment, he suggested a battle. "A two versus two?" Irene said. She gave it thought – while the Totodile had an advantage over Hugo, she thought that there was no idea it would listen to it's trainer enough. Arienne seemed more experienced, and had an advantage over Twigs. But, it seemed fun anyway. Irene smiled. "Why not?" She ran her hand through her short hair, messing it up a bit.

Irene looked over at her Chimchar, wondering if he wanted to battle as much as she did, but Hugo didn't seem like he hated the idea. He already made his way next to the Turtwig, which seemed ready to fight. Irene still felt like she had to make sure, though. "You okay, Hugo?" She asked, but the Chimchar turned around and gave her a wide grin, the fire that was his tail seemingly getting bigger. "Alright, buddy," Irene said, getting fired up as well.

"Sounds like fun!" Arienne chirped, and Cass agreed; another battle might be good for little Totodile's bruised ego. The two placed themselves at a further distance from their travelling companions, and Arienne allowed Chatot to land on the ground in front of her. "Let's keep low to the ground this time, okay Chatot?" At her brother's look of surprise, she added, "what? I can play fair."

Cass gave a fond smile and called his Pokémon from its ball. "You ready to try again? We've never had a two-on-two battle, huh?" He asked, and Totodile snapped its jaws at the air in excitement. However, looking to the side at Chatot, Totodile seemed a bit suspicious when remembering their earlier, rather one-sided spar. Regardless, it looked like their opponents and Pokémon were ready, so Arienne began.

"Alright, everybody ready?" She asked before calling, "Chatot, Peck! Use it on Twigs!" Chatot remembered her earlier order and flew near to the ground, beak glowing slightly white as it went in for its attack.

It looked like she was going for the type advantage, Cass noted. While they did so, he followed her lead and focused on Totodile. "You're gonna go for Hugo, alright? Scratch it!" Totodile knew that one. It didn't really work in the fight against Chatot, but the crocodilian decided to go with it for the time being. Its small, sharp claws glowed with a similar energy and it charged at the Fire-type.

Hugo watched as the two opposing trainers ordered their Pokemon. The Chatot attacked Twigs, and the Chimchar suddenly lost enthusiasm, replacing it with slight fear. Adding onto it, the Totodile Hugo was previously scared of was dashing towards it, and Hugo quickly jumped to the side, taking the hit anyway. The Chimchar, hoping to get as far away from the other Pokemon, ran towards the other end of the field, now on the side of the opponents.

"Hugo-" Irene huffed, not understanding what her Pokemon was trying to do. She straightened herself up, putting her hands on her hips, and looked at Hugo questonably. Her Chimchar shook his head, and held the hand that had been scratched. Not because it hurt, but Hugo didn't want it to happen again. "Hugo, battling is like this. Now, if you don't want to get hit again, scratch it back!" Irene shouted.

Hugo took a step back, but knew that he had to listen to his trainer. Irene did want what was best for her Pokemon, but Hugo couldn't bring himself to attack. After a moment of hesitation, though, Hugo got on all fours and ran towards the Totodile. Irene noticed how speedy her Pokemon was, even before, when he attempted to avoid an attack. Granted, it was a late reaction, but if timed correctly... Irene might've had an idea.

Once Hugo was close enough, Irene shouted out another 'use scratch!" just in case. The Chimchar closed it's eyes, and scratched the Totodile. It wasn't very powerful, and wasn't going to hurt, Irene presumed, but it was good enough. "Good job!" She said, trying to keep the morale up.

(OOC: Come on guys, what happened! We can't let this RP just vanish, can we?)

BIC:

Twigs braced itself for the incoming attack, but decided against dodging it. He took the hit and was knocked back a few feet, the hit harder than anticipated. Turtwig shook it off, stood his ground and locked its eyes on the Chatot, targeting it for an attack of his own. "Alright buddy, go for a tackle!" Roman shouted from behind his Pokémon. The Turtwig followed his order and charged at the Chatot, hoping to land a strike of his own.

Meanwhile Cass and Irene were engaged in a battle of their own, with their respective Totodile and Chimchar pitting their strenghts against eachothers with simple scratches. The Pokémon were small and not powerful enough to really hurt one another, but the attacks that were hitting weren't totally harmless either.

-

"Agent Q, reporting for duty! No, that's too much… Agent Q, what seems to be the problem?" Quinn said to himself in the mirror of the locker romm, practicing his opening line. He was dressed in his full police uniform, police cap and everything. It was his first day in Eterna City's Police Department, and he wanted to leave a good impression on the legendary Looker, who for the following weeks would become his mentor.

"Quinn, my office." The aforementioned Looker commanded his trainee. Quinn followed him into his office, where a board with photos, notes and a whole bunch of red string connecting them all where smack dab in the middle of it. In the middle was a map of the Sinnoh region, with one city being pinpointed with a blue thumbtack.

"A few days ago, an explosion occurred in Canalave City. I suspect that wasn't an accident." Looker began his explanation, the pair staring at the board. The sheer amount of clues and potential theories Looker had written down was too much to comprehend for Quinn, but he still tried to make something of it.

"Do you think it was intentional then, sir? Like... Like a bomb?" Quinn shakingly asked. "But I thought Team Galactic was disbanded, and there hasn't been any sign of a return." He added to his suspicion. "Unless…"

(ooc: I'm trying! Haha. I don't want this to finish so quickly, either. Also, I completely forgot I had Oscar in this RP sigh.. oh well.)

BIC:

Since there was nothing much left to talk about, Oscar went ahead on his own. Well, back-tracked, more like. He wanted to restock on Potions, in case Abby gets into too many fights, and they were cheaper in Sandgem than Jubilife. Abby, his Abra, has no trouble going back there, only needing to teleport – but they still haven't mastered the whole teleporting-with-trainer thing. Abby still went to Sandgem alone, to tease Oscar, since he didn't let her rest earlier. Oscar contemplated gluing her Pokeball together. That petty little Pokemon.

On the way back, he saw another group of trainers, this time of four, having a battle together. Oscar recognized two of the Pokemon as Professor Rowan's (well, Dawn's now), so they must've been rookies. He decided to stay and watch them. Oscar needed an excuse to stall, so that Abby waited as long as possible. Not that his Abra could possibly be having a bad time alone. In fact, she was using this time to sleep, like every other time.

-

Irene watched as her and Cass' Pokemon battled, seemingly in vain. Each scratch seemed to do only enough damage to scare Hugo, but not knock him out. Neither Pokemon seemed close to knocking out, anyway. She needed to come up with a new strategy, but hit and run seemed like the only option available. As boring as it became, it was good practice for her and Hugo. Hugo would learn not to be as scared and gain experience, and so would Irene.

She looked over at Roman and his Turtwig, and their battle seemed more intense. Irene wished it to be like that, but she had to understand that Hugo still needed more experience before battling like that. She shouted out again.
"Dodge that Hugo! Yeah, like that! Now, scratch!"

Irene looked around and saw another boy looking at them, but decided not to mention it. He was probably a passerby trainer, and wouldn't stay for long. She had to focus on the battle, anyway.