• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Star Signs

What Star Sign are you?

• Aries

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Taurus

• Gemini

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Cancer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leo

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Virgo

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Libra

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Capricorn

• Aquarius

• Pisces

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
*Hopes she did the poll correctly*

We recently did this at University, as a fun project to see how many of each Star Sign there was in the Uni, and if any patterns occured. I thought it might be a good idea to see if any patterns occur here :p Is there a Star Sign, or element (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) that is more likely to come on Pokecharms?

I had a look to see if this had been done before and couldn't find anything, so sorry if it has and I looked in the wrong place.

Anyways, as another question, does your Star Sign suit your personality? Or do you think they are just something people read too much into? Does your Chinese animal sign suit you?

I'm a Libra, and I have to say that the descriptions do fit me rather well. If my balance is disturbed I melt ::)

I'm a Pisces and proud of it!
And those descriptions sometimes fit me scarily well... My Chinese zodiac sign, the snake, description fits pretty well too.

My sign is a fish, and my ruling planet is Neptune, the Roman god of the sea--and yet I can't swim and used to have a general fear of water I wasn't bathing or showering in. On of my goals is to learn to swim this summer.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My Chinese sign is the Rabbit, which to me seems like Libra all over again, so I'm practically double Libra :p Balanced in both Eastern and Western Zodiacs, some would say...

The scales fits me really well, and I never make decisions until I've considered every last detail. Annoys my friends, but keeps me out of trouble ;)

My sign is a fish, and my ruling planet is Neptune, the Roman god of the sea--and yet I can't swim and used to have a general fear of water I wasn't bathing or showering in. On of my goals is to learn to swim this summer.

I'm fine in any water that isn't the sea... I'm a really good swimmer, but Sharks methinks can swim better!

EDIT: whoops, pressed send before I'd finished XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I am a Leo, ruled by the Sun. The descriptions of me are quite accurate, as I am quite broad-minded and creative and very loyal, but I can be quite over-aggressive when angered and I do enjoy to brag about my achievements a lot more than is generally tolerable.

My Chinese sign is the Dragon, which is practically identical to Leo.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Leo's are winning so far :p

It's weird that your two signs are similar to each other, like mine. Maybe there is more to the Zodiacs than meets the eye...

I was always kind of disappointed with being a Rabbit. I was always one of the oldest in my year at school, which meant most of my friends were Dragons, which sounds so much cooler :p

I was always kind of disappointed with being a Rabbit. I was always one of the oldest in my year at school, which meant most of my friends were Dragons, which sounds so much cooler :p

Same here. When I heard that Dragons were supposed to be special, I wanted to be one. But, alas, I was born three months too late. As time went on, I grew proud of being a snake, particularly after reading the Snake's profile in Volume 1 of Fruits Basket.

All Chinese Zodiac signs have positives and negatives. Here's how it went in Fruits Basket:
Positives: Romantic, Clever, Beautiful
Negatives: Vain, Procrastinator (this one fits the most).

Ironically, the western counterpart to the Rabbit is Pisces. I don't know how true that one is though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I like being a Rabbit now too ;D

I think you're right about Pisces being the Rabbit's Western counterpart, but I've always thought Libra and rabbit fit together really well. Both are about the need for peace and wanting quiet (Which I love)

Two of my best friends are snakes, and your description fits them quite well :p If it can be delayed, it will be!

I am a Leo. Most of my Friend compatiblity descriptions for Leo that I've read are true. I get along well with Scorpios and we do have engaging arguments. (Usually about the stupidest things, like lines in movies or anime....) And the love compatiblity description with Sagittarius (my gf) is almost spot-on:
When two explorers hook up, it makes for a relationship that's never boring. You and Sagittarius both love social events, sports and adventures of all types. Your Archer will open your eyes to the world around you, and you'll never tire of hearing them speak passionately about saving the world. This is a relationship full of optimism, playfulness and passion. It may not have long-term potential, though, because you both tend to live in the moment and aren't terribly concerned with building a solid foundation for the future. But it will be fun while it lasts.

I took this from MySpace....anywho...my relationship with my gf has been goin' since last November..And we're both always happy.

I am a pisces which isnt that good of a match for me, except that I am well suited to guessing what someone is going to say next, and actually being right.

Usually being told "How did you know I was going to say that?!"

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I am a Leo. Most of my Friend compatiblity descriptions for Leo that I've read are true. I get along well with Scorpios and we do have engaging arguments. (Usually about the stupidest things, like lines in movies or anime....) And the love compatiblity description with Sagittarius (my gf) is almost spot-on

If find it quite true too, as a Libra (Air sign) it always says I should find another air sign or a fire sign. My boyfriend is Aries and we've been going out for a year and a half now without argument.

I am a pisces which isnt that good of a match for me, except that I am well suited to guessing what someone is going to say next, and actually being right.

My dad's a Pisces and he does that a lot too :p

Im a saggitarius, in some ways I do conform highly to that ideal, as I tend to be very extroverted and hate monotonous routines. I do however know enough saggitarius' that don't conform to any of the typical characteristics for me to stay skeptical about star signs in general.

Ok this tells you your element depending on what your sign is

[glow=red,2,300]ELEMENT ZODIACAL SIGNS
Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Water: Cancer. Scorpio, Pisces[/glow]
I am Virgo so i am the earth element

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So far Fire signs seem to be winning...

RLRL I have a friend who is the same sign as me, and we are completely different. Someone who really believes in star signs might say that it just means you are effected by another sign more than your 'Sun sign'. There are so many other aspects to one's star chart, that a build up of say, Capricorn, can override some aspects of your sun sign, therefore creating difference. Sometimes I'm skeptical, but other times I think there is a lot behind them.

Wolfnoid Thanks for posting that, I should have really in case someone doesn't know what element there star sign is

Well... I'm the first Capricorn then, yay for Goats ;D

As for my Chinese one, I'm the Monkey. Somehow the pair don't seem to tie together well :p

Hmm, didn't think Gemini would be winning. GO GEMENI! ^^! I am a gemini as well. I don't have 2 personalities though. I have like 10. And my element is air...even though I have Vertigo... my animal is the dog, not exactly true. obiedeince, not really my thing.

I am an Aquarius. I am also a Boar, not a Rat. I get somewhat annoyed when people call me a rat. (Zodiac sign.)

Also something I found out about my star sign:

Special note for Aquarians: With the new Millennium heralding the Dawn of the Age of Aquarius, at this time, ready or not, your sign is regarded as the zodiac's leader.

Pfft. Yeah right.

Rees, please stop replying to old, dead topics. It's against the rules. Please ensure that you check the date of the last post before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.