• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Strange New World [DISCUSSION]

Hey there! This is my first time running a rp thread in.... well, several years, so bear with me, haha. In this roleplay, we'll be playing as characters from another world, dropped into the pokemon world without the slightest idea how they got there. To find out how they came to this bizzare place, they'll need to embark on a journey across the region... but at the end of the day, will they even be able to return home...?

So! Pokemon isekai rp. Sounds like fun, yeah? Let's lay down some ground rules before we get into the swing of things.

• All standard pokecharms rules apply here. We're not looking to do anything that'll get us in trouble with the mods, are we? I'm certainly not.
  • Be kind to your fellow roleplayers! Your characters are absolutely allowed to dislike, disagree, and fight with each other--but at the end of the day, remember that in the main thread, we're all just playing a character. Treat the person behind the character the same as you hope they'll treat you, even if your characters despise each other.
  • Swearing is allowed! I ask that it not be every other word that falls out of your character's mouth, but if you think they'd drop an F-bomb here or there, I'm not going to stop you.
  • You can play as many characters as you want. If you just want to stick to one, you're more than welcome to, but if you want to play multiple, go for it! As many as you're comfortable playing.
  • If you are playing a nonhuman character or one with special abilities, they must be made to appear more human/conceal most nonhuan traits or forms and their abilities will be nerfed. This is to help keep things from clashing with the plot--I've got an idea going, and if we've got a giant firebreathing insectoid monster in with the main party, things could get a little... weird. This isn't to say you can't keep any odd traits or abilities from your characters, of course! Be creative with how they could translate to a humanoid form while still being relatively concealable! If your character does, for instance, breathe fire, maybe they still do a little bit--it's just not the level they once could. And if it's reasonable, I'm willing to hear someone out for an exception! An instance of a reasonable exception can be seen in one of my characters, Ai, who hides himself in my other character's device when he needs to.
  • You are allowed to use picrews and other similar things for your characters! You can also simply describe them with words, but if you would like to include a visual aid, you're more than welcome. All I ask is you provide a link to the site you used, per the rules regarding them.
  • Keep violence around PG-13 levels. No in-depth descriptions of gore or anything like that, please! Some people are extremely uncomfortable with that(myself included), and we really don't need to hear all the details. Fighting, injury, and even character death(so long as it's your own character) are fine, just... spare us the gory details.
  • Romance is allowed, but for the love of god keep it PG-13 and use your brain. No gross relationships, I hope I don't have to specify, and keep smut out of the thread.
  • You may use characters of your own creation, or from other shows/games/books/medias. Go ham! Got an oc you want to show off? Go for it! Wanna send your favorite character on their own pokemon journey? Get this person a bag and some pokeballs! Anything goes here!

Aaand that should just about do it! Let's get on into the bio sheets, shall we?

Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Appearance:
Visual Aid(optional):
Abilities:
Source Material: (If they're an oc, say that here too!)
Starter Pokemon: (They won't have this pokemon when they arrive, but they'll get them soon!)
Other:

That should be it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Name: Yusaku Fujiki
Gender/Pronouns: Male, he/him
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: While not unfriendly, Yusaku isn't exactly the social type. He tends to try and fly under the radar and avoid being noticed. He also has a habit of being quite matter-of-fact, sometimes coming off more bluntly than he wants to. Despite his aloof exterior, he really does care for his friends, and can be fiercely protective of them. He has a strong sense of justice and won't hesitate to step in if he feels it's the right thing to do. He can also be awkward, unsure of how to respond to questions sometimes. Yusaku is highly intelligent and quite skilled with technology and code. He's also good at coming up with strategies on the fly, which is a good thing as he can be easily baited into things, sometimes walking into a trap while knowing it's a trap.
Appearance: Yusaku is a beanpole, tall and skinny. His hair is an absolute anomaly, but the basic gist of it is that it's dark blue, with lighter blue streaked with pink in the front and physics-defyingly spiky. He has green eyes and fair skin.
Visual Aid: Drawing by me
yusaku drawing.jpg
Abilities: Yusaku's skills lie in his hacking abilities and technological prowess, as well as his skill at the Duel Monsters card game. He has no superhuman abilities
Source Material: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS
Starter Pokemon: Porygon
Other: It's not pictured, as it's on his wrist and therefore in his hoodie pocket, but Yusaku is also wearing his duel disk.

Name: Ai
Gender/Pronouns: ???, he/him
Sexuality: Gay as hell
Personality: Ai is an absolute little gremlin. If you looked up "overinflated ego" in the dictionary, you'd find a photo of him. He's loud and obnoxious, but his heart's in the right place... usually. Although he can be a pain, he does do his best to be helpful, even if it's just to provide some comic relief to lift someone's--usually Yusaku's--spirits. When he's not being self-centered, he can be sweet. And boy, is he expressive of his emotions. Where Yusaku's usually closed off, Ai is an open book--even when he doesn't want to be.
Appearance: Ai appears as a tiny Solid Vision--that is, a tangible hologram--projection of a small black humanoid figure with purple markings and yellow eyes. He mostly projects from Yusaku's duel disk, and can hide in it when necessary.
Abilities: Ai can manipulate code and, though it's become much more difficult in this world, navigate the Internet and transfer himself to different devices.
Source Material: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS
Starter Pokemon: N/A
Other: He's not actually a Trainer! He's kinda just Yusaku's little guy.

Hmmm, might see about giving this a shot to try and get back in to charms RP, most likely gonna use an OC for this instead of a canon character from a franchise. I do have a few questions as well.

1: What region will this be taking place in? And will it only focus on that region or expand to others?
2: Depending on the region we're in, are we only limited to Pokemon from said region?

Glad to have you both! I'm excited to see your characters!!

What region will this be taking place in? And will it only focus on that region or expand to others?
I actually was going to see what everyone wanted, actually. So far the regions I have in mind are Unova, because it's my personal favorite, and Alola, because the "other worlds" thing slots in nicely with the ultra wormhole stuff. But I'm open to suggestions!

Depending on the region we're in, are we only limited to Pokemon from said region?
Nope! Pokemon from any region are allowed.

Alright, here my character is. An OC from a superhero story. I'm a big fan of Unova, not gonna lie lol

Name: Sevens (Subject-7777)
Gender/Pronouns: Female
Personality: Sevens struggles on the social side. Only recently having broken free of the clutches of the evil corporation that raised her, she has a difficult time connecting with people. Sevens is still getting used to being able to speak, barely talks. Still, she is trying her best to use her abilities for good now, even if she is not great at showing it. Sevens can be blunt, and prefers the straightforward approach to problem solving on first attempts. It is only when that fails that Sevens will consider other means.
Appearance: Seven is a human clone that has been genetically enhanced. She comes in at 5'4". She has an average body type, and a defined musculature. She has long, black hair that comes mid-way down her back. On her face, she wears a black ribbon mask that ties behind her head. The mask covers a series of black bars tattooed on her face, resembling a barcode. She wears a black, sleeveless gi and has a barcode tattooed into her left upper arm, as well as the number 7777 tattooed on her right arm. On her forearms she wears black armor gauntlets of a light yet durable material. A ninjato sword is slung across her back, and Sevens wears a utility belt. Black shorts and boots.
Abilities: In her original world, Sevens has increased strength, speed, and durability. In this new world, it's just slightly enhanced strength and athleticism. Sevens also is skilled in the ninja arts.
Source Material: Superhero OC
Starter Pokemon: Nincada

Name: Cody Phillips
Gender/Pronouns: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Cody is a calm, curious and friendly individual with a laid back demeanor that can often be seen as indifferent, mostly shrugging off negative comments towards himself. While like any teenage boy, he can be seen checking out social media on his phone, yet at the same time, he certainly enjoys being outdoors and taking in the scenery. He also seems to have a strong hatred for losing--while he may not show it much, stubbornly seeing it as humiliation. Though his personality might change a bit during his time in the Pokemon world.
Appearance: Standing at 5'7" with fair skin, a slim body build, smooth jet Black hair and Grey blue eyes. His attire mainly consists of a navy Blue t shirt under a Crimson hoodie, dark Blue jeans and Black sneakers. Though his attire may change some time within the Pokemon world.
1683471851981.png

Made via Rinmarugames
Abilities: He's only human, so... none.
Source Material: Simply an OC.
Starter Pokemon: Torchic
Other: Nothing particularly interesting really; He was just a simple high school student before ending up in the Pokemon World.

Last edited:
Name: Pyrah
Gender/Pronouns: Female
Sexuality: Straight
Personality:
Appearance:
Visual Aid(optional):
Pyrah screenshot.png

Abilities: Fire breath, Scales, Dark vision
Source Material: DnD Red Half Dragon/OC
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Other:

Tell me what else needs to be done, this is still in development.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Name: Joker (Actual name never stated)

Gender/Pronouns: Male/Masculine (He/Him)

Sexuality: N/A (The only thing he cares about is being the best of the best.)

Personality: A lonesome rebel who needs nobody but his team to support his quest. Quiet and ambitious, this youngster appears to fear little and is willing to jump into any danger, big or small, just to prove his worth and give his team the training they need to excel at becoming the very best of the best - be it as a Monster Scout or a Pokémon Trainer.

Appearance: Short, average stature with a caucasian skin tone, light-blue eyes and large, spiky white hair. Has red cloth tied around his shoulders and waist like a cape and kilt. Wears a yellow sleeveless shirt with brown bands on each arm. A chain connects the top with the legwear, which consists of torn, blue pants. Shoewear involves simple brown shoes.

Visual Aid:
ef4a5a2bf29de3c2e07c493d69cb53ae.png

(Source)

Abilities: While not a direct ability, his prominent skill is his ability to recruit monsters (or in this case Pokémon) to his cause through a feat of might via his Scout Ring (which, like a trainer pass, also serves as proof of him being a Monster Scout). If allowed, this could be used like a substitute for Pokeballs, instead relying solely on whether or not a Pokémon deems him and his team worthy enough to follow along. (For reference, this functions by imbueing whoever it is that ends up attacking the foe to prove their might with a purple energy, which in-game can be up to 3 monsters who attack one after another with their basic attack/physical strength)

Joker himself possesses four magic spells on his own, which act more like items than they do spells as they’re all for utility. These are as follows:

Zoom - Whisks Joker and his allies away to the last Scoutpost (or Pokécenter in this case) visited. Functions much like the Teleport move.

Evac - Teleports Joker and his allies out of towers, caves, dungeons and the like. Acts like an escape rope.

Whistle - Joker whistles cheerfully to grab the attention of nearby (wild) monsters/Pokémon. Acts like Honey, or Sweet Scent.

Vanish - Joker hides his and his team’s presence from monsters using magic. Acts like Max Repel.

Source Material: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Starter Pokemon: Wulfspade (Electrike, Male)

Other: Due to the way of fighting in his previous world, Joker prefers 3v3 battles over anything else and will pick such a format every single time if given a choice.

Last edited:
May I join this roleplay?

Name: Mina Ashido
Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: Cisgender
Personality: Mina is a cheerful and easygoing girl who displays a smile on her face most of the time. Highly social and excitable, she loves to hang out with her friends and is shown to become very upset when denied an opportunity to be at a gathering. She possesses a strong fashion sense and likes to go shopping. Due to her athleticism and energy, Mina enjoys and is very skilled at dancing. Her demeanor becomes more strict and perfectionist when teaching others how to dance, in direct contrast to her usual happy-go-lucky nature. She is known to use her dancing to somehow pacify even those who have bad relationships with others. Mina's academic performance is quite poor, with Mina goofily laughing about it despite showing clear anxiety and frustration on the inside. Because of that, she is often viewed as an airhead. However, Mina is capable of showing dedication to her studies as long as she gets proper tutoring. Mina is somewhat of a romantic and holds a lot of interest in the love lives of other people, to the point of being obnoxiously curious and intrusive about them. Her suspicions, however, tend to be rather baseless most of the time, as she seems to view any instance of a pairing as possible proof of a relationship regardless of compatibility.
Appearance: Mina is a girl of medium height, possibly set a little more broadly than some of her other female classmates, with, according to her profile, "healthy thighs". She has somewhat square-shaped eyes with black sclerae and yellow irises and notably long eyelashes below and around the sides of her eyes. Her face is framed by short fluffy and unruly pink hair. She is also always seen in a headband that features two thin pale yellow horns protruding from her head, hooked squarely and leaning diagonally to opposite sides. This headband however is hidden by her fluffy hair.
Visual Aid (optional):
346131857_3445633969013706_2833690682409323566_n.jpg

Abilities: In her original world, she has increased strength, speed, reflexes, and her quirk: Acid, allowed her to release white corrosive acid. She can control the solubility and viscosity of this corrosive liquid. There is a limit to how long she can produce the corrosive liquid until her skin gradually loses its natural resistance to it. Overusing her Quirk or pushing it too far can also be fatal, as it dehydrates her body very fast. In this new world, it's just slightly enhanced reflexes and athleticism, along with extremely sweaty palms. She is still very good at dancing.
Source Material: My Hero Academia
Starter Pokemon: Goomy
Other: She tends to reference her former life as a student of U.A. in subtle ways, and actually names some of her special techniques after her hero ones.

Last edited: