• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Team Rocket Resurgence!

"Breaking News"​

"In a series of unforeseen events, pokemon throughout the region have been going missing from trainers and homes in Kanto. The police have been investigating the strange disappearances of trainers as well..." Director Blackwood stood in front of a group of trained and highly skilled agents on different screens that show the image of agents. Aubree Blackwood was the managing director of this group and was giving them a mission that would take them awhile to complete.

"As you can see the news has picked up the news that most poekmon are being stolen along with trainers disappearing throughout the region. We have leave to believe that the nefarious group Team Rocket has made a move to recruit new trainers or holding them indefinitely until they agree or dumped somewhere with their memories whipped from them. The ones that we have found have turned up in other regions then the one that they started in. It seems that they have been covering their tracks much better than in the past. You are our most seasoned and trustworthy agents. I want you to find out what is going on with the trainers, and pokemon of Kanto. Each of you will have an identity of a Rocket member, this was from an inside source from the recruitment part. They are not able to get us much info, but they were able to place the information that each of you have submitted for one of your personas as an agent." Blackwood spoke to the screen with a clear and concise manner befitting her high level within the agency. Pulling out a few different items, she placed them on a device that transported them to the location of each agent.

"This is your standard starting gear for this level of mission. As you can see each of you have a trainer card, this is for the job given to you, as you will starting out as a trainer with the understanding that you would try to find out what is happening to the trainers. You will be giving a pokelink box as a way to keep your pokemon separate from each of your roles as a trainer and Team Rocket member. You must not draw attention to your role as Rocket members, this means doing what they ask in a way to sabotage their inner workings. We need to stop them from the inside. More information will be given once you are in higher ranks of the criminal organization." With that the screen went black, which was the signal for the agents to get to work. There was a beep that signaled to the agents that they received of their mission.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah Winchester was a short girl, which was contrasted with the man standing next to her. "I will be fine Xiaver; I am just going to be going to Kanto. You know Blaze can get to me in no time.' Xiaver was Sarah's long-term boyfriend. He was six feet tall with a strong wiry build. He had thick hair that fell to his shoulders, it was in waves. He wore dark colored clothing, in a punk style with ripped jeans and black leather vest. Around his eyes was black eyeliner that was smudged. "Besides you know that I can handle myself even with a new pokemon that I will be getting later on today."

"I know Sarah, but I just worry about you. I love you, and I will see you later." With a soft kiss given to the short trainer, Xaiver watched as Sarah walked to plane that would take her to Pallet town. The plane ride was easy with the new plane, which was state of the art, and had the room to hold most people in Lumiose City in Kalos. It seemed that her job would be a bit more relaxing than most of her other missions.

The ride was swift and uneventful, which caused her to pull out her tablet and began to read the packet of information. After some time, the plane started to land in the airport of Kanto, which also was close to Pallet town. Retrieving her bag from the overhead compartment, Sarah walked gracefully off of the plane. It did not take her long to reach the front of the Pokemon Research Center, though it did look like it was still undergoing some renovations because of the break in. Walking in, she was greeted by the bustle of activity as workers were taking their time to set everything back to how it was. Closing the parasol, Sarah was greeted by the regional Professors of the region. Professor Oak and Professor Gladiolus who were quietly talking to one another.

"Hello young trainer, we are glad to welcome you to the region. My name is Professor Oak, and this is my collogue, Professor Gladiolus. I am sure you are wondering what happened to the lab, well we had some trouble with a break in. Though that won't change the fact that you will be given a pokemon today. If you would follow Professor Gladiolus, she will take you to the back to choose you new partner." Professor Gladiolus was on the younger side and looked to be around the age of 25. Her hair was pulled back with small braids going into a ponytail, it fades from a soft pink to a brighter pink at the ends. She is wearing a grey pantsuit with a white tucked in shirt. The woman was taller than Professor Oak even without her heels.

Sarah followed the young Professor into the back where the pokemon were kept. In a small area there was a lot of different pokemon set out for the new trainers. "After years of young trainers coming to get pokemon and someone always running out of them, I had finally convinced Oak to allow me to stock up on more pokemon instead of the three he normally kept. Is there one that you would like?" Professor Gladiolus' voice was soft and kind sounding. Sarah took the time to look at the different pokemon gathering and playing. She walked slowly around and knelt next to a green pokemon. She was sitting gracefully on the grass and ate an oran berry. The small Snivy looked up to Sarah with a curious expression. Within a moment, the female starter climbed to her feet and went to Sarah.

"You are a regal and powerful looking young lady. How would you like to come with me on my journey Snivy?" The pokemon looked at Sarah for a moment, and then nodded. She then climbed up the shoulder and settled down to enjoy the ride back into the young professor. "I think I will name you Lady as you are a perfect lady." Sarah was happy to see the expression of her new pokemon was happy at the new name.

"If you follow me, I will lead you where we keep the pokedex upgrades and equipment that you will be given to start your journey with." Professor Gladiolus spoke as she walked the new trainer back into the building and into the room where Professor Oak was setting up bundles of different colored boxes. "Welcome back it is good to see you have chosen a good pokemon in Snivy there. If you will come up to the table, I will explain what is in the boxes." Opening up the nearest box, Professor Oak started to pull out items. "This is a chip to install into your phone it gives you a few different apps for you to use. One will allow you to record any and all pokemon that you will encounter in this region, another is a town map that will show you an updated regional map with one for each town as well. I will let you explore that more later. Here we also have some different types of pokeballs, there will be a list of them in your box." Oak pulled out what looked like a pill shaped container, which was almost as big as a jigglypuff. "This is a portable berry garden. It is for storing berries as well as growing new ones when need." The last item that was pulled out was an incubator. "This last item will help you hatch any pokemon egg safely while out in the world."

Sarah ended up picking the purple box as it was one of her favorite colors. She carefully packed the box in her bag, and walked out of the lab, and towards route 1. She wanted to watch for any pokemon that would be nearby the grass and other places. "Well, are you ready to take your first step as a trainer pokemon Lady?" The small grass type nodded and together the two walked onto the route smiling as they took their first steps as partners.

"Yo, Agent D!!"

Daniel J. Grespers walked up to his friend. He was talking about new things. Like always. "'Sup now?" he said, "Is Team Rocket still up?"

His friend stared, confused. "Yeah," he said, "Why?"

Daniel smirked. "You know I'm into infiltrations," he said, "This will be the most interesting mission since the Team Galactic infiltration."

Daniel walked a few kilometers and entered his house. He picked up 2 Poké Balls and pressed the button on each of them. One released a Salamence and the other released an Honedge. "We're going to see Professor Blackwood," he told the Pokémon, who were happy with going to see Professor Blackwood.

Feray Siegfried | Anna Wilson

Location: Interpol HQ -> Pallet Town, Kanto -> Route 1, Kanto
Pokémon (Agent): Zwirra the Dusknoir
Pokémon (Trainer): Stripes the Litten

Interactions: Sarah Winchester (EmoKitty21)

A young woman, short enough and youthful looking (with the appropriate makeup and clothes setup) to come off as a girl in her late teens, leaned back against her chair as she eyed the screen of her laptop. She sat in her room at Interpol's headquarters, hoping to capitalize on a bit of vacation before this whole thing popped up and, honestly, she was a bit upset she couldn't just call in sick. But, what did pique her interest was that it fell within her skillset.

The ethereal hum of her Ghost-Type partner behind her helped her drown out the useless information she didn't need. All she needed was to know what was happening and what she'll be doing. People and Pokémon going missing in Kanto - while the latter could be attributed to a few things - the former not so much and it had her considerably worried.

She watched the director - Blackwood - on her screen with a dull expression, only lit up by the screen in front of her and the concern that dotted her eyes. It was their idea that this was all Team Rocket's doing. Apparently, the memories of people who refuse to be recruited also get wiped. Even if they could return home, they likely didn't remember where it was or who their family was. Especially when dumped in a completely different region, it must be incredibly terrifying to realize you're not home... This was incredibly dangerous...

A change in the hum behind her caught her attention. She reached a hand back, the Dusknoir's corporeal hand chilling her entire arm as he grabbed her hand. "We'll be okay, Zwirra." She spoke soothingly, only getting a stubbornly, worried hum from her Pokémon. Her laptop's teleportation ring began to glow at the corner of her laptop beside her mousepad, the woman having sent over a box. It was a PokéLink, a box with a handle and a screen that showed the Pokémon she had in storage if she turned it on. Inside was a teleportation ring with a new Trainer ID all set with her look and her fake name: Anna Wilson, born in Unova. She picked it up to look it over, nodding with an impressed smile.

Perfect.

Apparently, they needed to keep all Pokémon separate. She looked at her Dusknoir, already feeling that eerie magenta eye looking at her with such concern. "I'll be fine, Zwirra." She patted him on the shoulder. So, come out being a trainer, then get recruited by Team Rocket, keeping both identities as well as her real one separate, and then sabotage Team Rocket from the inside.

Time to bring her collection of wired mics, tiny cameras, and the rest of her collection for this mission.

Now, where were her Pokégatchi cases?

---------------------------

With all of her tiny equipment in a collection of multiple colored Pokégatchi cases as they hung on clips and carabiners on her purple backpack - the Pokégatchi cases still having their usual working circuitry (but all of them conveniently being turned off) - she was set. With the way her Pokégatchi looked, no one would think to open them since they looked incredibly inconspicuous. Her backpack held a special compartment - a hidden pocket within a pocket that held a smaller tablet-sized laptop she used to connect to a system to hack and USB drives to download information. Otherwise, all the stuff she stuffed in there would be what a trainer would have. Spare clothes, rope, rations, mess kit, a bedroll and blanket strapped to the bottom, a few empty PokéBalls and several Potions at her side pockets, and a few other random things that spelled out her personality she was going as, like her makeup. A somewhat preppy goth with an attitude problem with some obsessions. She even looked the part, having dark purple and black gradient eyeshadow, eyeliner wings, mascara, foundation to make her face even lighter in color, and black lipstick. Her black, short hair didn't even need to be changed as it fit her look. Even her clothes matched: a black crop top, a knee length purple and black plaid skirt, black combat boots, and a black leather coat.

Perfect.

She wasn't expecting - as she went by plane to the airport nearest to Pallet Town - to arrive upon a lab swarming with people already trying to fix the place up. Was there a break in? Someone had already gone in with someone she didn't fully recognize, who was talking to Professor Oak before leading her in. She decided to follow, looking at the walls as people went and painted any finished sections, then fixing some sections of the wall. She was glad Zwirra was in the Pokélink Box. Otherwise, he'd have the worst panic attack about her coming in here.

Feray- no, Anna - listened in. Professor Gladiolus? Matched the hair, at least. Anna liked her style.

As they traveled to the back where the Pokémon were, she stopped behind a ways until the younger-looking girl walked inside to see any Pokémon. Taking this opportunity, she walked up to the professor. "Hey, this where they keep the Pokémon for newbies like me?" Okay, that might have sounded a bit too obvious, but Gladiolus seemed not to have noticed.

"Oh, were you following us?" She asked with some humor. "Why, yes, it is. Find a Pokémon and follow us and we'll get you situated."

Anna nodded, keeping a wide berth from the other girl as she walked around the enclosure. The Pokémon who were in the usual Starter trios or shared the same typing seemed to be grouped up if they weren't trying to be on their lonesome. She looked at the Water-Types, but they just seemed... Too blue to match this personality she was going for. The type of character she was playing as would fit more with Fire-, Ghost-, Poison-, and Dark-Types. Or at least Pokémon that were creepy or ferocious.

Basically, none of the Water-Types fit her vibe as they were either too jolly or too prideful as they were starting out. The Grass-Types looked too serene or playful. The Fire-Types, however...

Fire always exuded power; flames deadly yet beautiful. But she wanted this Pokémon to be at least theatrical. Not Charizard, not Typhlosion, not Blaziken, not Infernape, not Emboar, not Delphox, and not Cinderace.

She looked up, noticing the girl left with Gladiolus already, taking a Snivy. Anna knelt down beside a Litten, who was busy rolling her water bowl. Anna rolled the bowl one way, causing the Litten to stare at her, then try and take the bowl back. Giggling, Anna took the bowl, only for the Litten to bat at her fingers and hiss, the hair on the back coming up, with some hairs being longer and coming in three large mounds with tips blazing red. Anna gave the bowl back and the Litten looked between the human and the bowl, mewling in question. Anna stroked the Litten's head, earning a purr. "You're cute." She said, getting another mewl, the Litten now having chosen her human by rubbing her side along the human's leg. The fur was so soft and warm, that Anna couldn't help but pick her up, smiling now at the cute kitty in her hands. She looked at the red stripes on the Litten's legs, and noticed this one had more stripes than normal. "I'm going to call you Stripes."

Stripes mewled in agreement, allowing Anna to put the warm kitten against her chest to hold her, rubbing her cheek against the cat's head, earning a loud purr.

It was when she went up to leave the enclosure that Gladiolus came back, the girl not with her. "Looks like you found a Pokémon. If you follow me, I will get you all set up for your adventure." Gladiolus led Anna to the table where Professor Oak stood. On the table were an assortment of colored boxes. They went through the spiel they went through with the girl before, getting the PokéBall for the Litten, and a chip for her phone to allow the recording of any and all Pokémon that she can encounter in the region. That opened up options for Anna to hack into the software and make this Pokémon recording app also record video and sound from her phone and send it to storage. Then it had a map app, and then they had a collection of PokéBalls of varying kinds, a portable berry garden in a big pill-shaped container, and an incubator.

Wow, she was rather stacked. She didn't recall the professors being this generous.

She took it all graciously, giving them each a small smile and "thanks" before going on her way to Route 1.

As she was going to Route 1, she saw that girl with that Snivy again. If she needed to get into Team Rocket, having friends outside of Team Rocket to at least put some modicum of trust in would be beneficial. Of course, being an agent aside, no one can know what she's doing, so she'll just hope that this girl could keep a secret, or at least go along with it.

She approached the girl, giving her a sort of awkward wave and a smile. "Hey, you starting out, too?" She looked at her Litten cradled in her arm, who watched the Snivy with a challenging glare. "You got room for one more? I'd hate to do this all alone. Being out here is kinda scary." She chuckled nervously, scratching the back of her head.

Good job, Feray. Making yourself look like an absolute anxious mess to the first person you meet on this journey.

Wait, was she supposed to collect gym badges while she was playing as a trainer???

Luigi

The trainer looked down at the Chimp Pokemon, who looked back up at him. Both locked in what seemed the longest eye starring contest. Luigi would nod and so would the Chimchar, both looking at each other as if trying to figure each other out. "It's settled!" Luigi called out, breaking the silence and startling the fire Pokemon. "We're going to be a great team, I can see the fighting spirit in you, same as mine. We're going to punch our way to the top, I know it!"

The Chimchar looked astonished at first, but then jumped into joyful celebration, jumping up and down, cheering himself and his trainer on. Both seemed equally pumped up, rushing into the tall grass and challenging the first Rattata on sight. When the match ended, Luigi picked an Oran Berry from a nearby try and gave it to the small rodent Pokemon, then parting ways as Luigi and his Chimchar chased after a flock of Pidgey to challenge.

Sarah Winchester
Location Route 1
----------------------
Sarah turned to the voice that spoke to her on her left side. She noticed a girl with a similar style to her own, though a bit more laid back. Sarah thought it would be a good idea to have someone who was on her side in this fight, though it would mean being more careful than if she was on her own. "Yes, it is my first time on a journey." This was said with a soft voice that had a breathy quality to it. If you would not have stood near her then you would have not heard much if not at all. "I would love to have a travelling partner. Though I tend to try a bit of everything. My main focus will be the pokemon contest that they have just started in this region. I love to perform and it would be fun to have someone to help me with my routine." Sarah seemed to have grown in volume as she got talking about her goals. Sarah hoped she came off as the shy girl that she was portraying.

Feray Siegfried | Anna Wilson

Pokémon (Agent): Zwirra the Dusknoir
Pokémon (Trainer): Stripes the Litten

Interactions: Sarah Winchester (EmoKitty21)
Mentions: Luigi (Hecotoro)

Wow, this girl barely talked much, did she? As opposed to Feray's persona, who was a bit more out there - defensive and argumentative. She had to step a bit closer to hear this girl properly. She smiled when she said she needed a travelling partner, so Anna nodded. Apparently, this girl was more into contests. Crap, that meant collecting badges and playing off as a trainer, right? But wouldn't it be obvious about Feray's skill level if she were to collect badges and possibly ribbons? How much attention would be put on her if she did contests?

Feray made up her mind, continuing with her Anna facade. "Well, nice to meet you. I'm more wanting to do gyms." She did notice that this girl sounded more and more bold and not as shy as before. Maybe she just didn't talk to people all that often. Still, Anna held out her hand for a handshake. "I'm Anna. What's your name?" She smiled, hoping she wasn't too weird. Her Litten, still held in her other arm, looked over as her ears perked up to see a man running around with his Chimchar. Huh, he also got a starter, and seemed to be catching Pokemon. Feray realized she'd need to catch Pokemon, too.

But none of these Route 1 'mons appeased her. She didn't need a Raticate, nor a Pidgeot. Maybe she'll find a better one later, like a female Nidoran.

Anna also noticed her Litten was looking at something, so once introductions were over she looked over and raised an eyebrow at the odd man running around and going up to a flock of Pidgey. She tried to hold back a chuckle but it came out as a snicker, shaking her head. "Huh, interesting. Uhm... He's kinda odd." She laughed a little, unable to contain herself. "Wonder if he'd be interested in joining us?" She mused to herself, tapping a finger to her chin.

Better make it not look so obvious by getting a group to follow her around.