• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Team Suggestions

These are moves I was thinking of and wanted advice, and need help finding good moves for some pokemon

Empoleon
Brine
Flash Cannon
Drill Peck
Avalanche

Luxray
Thunder Fang
Charge
Swagger
Crunch

Rapidash
Fire Blitz
Will-O-Wisp
Poison Jab
(Unknown)

Staraptor
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Endeavor
Endure

Spiritomb
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse
Confuse Ray

Carnivine
Ingrain
Crunch
Power Whip
(Unknown)

Ok, a few Unknowns in the party, so any suggestions?

Empoleon
Brine
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Stealth rock (Cant think of a fourth move)

Well, Empoleon is definently meant for Special sweeping, so I just took out the physical attacks is all.

Luxray
Thunder Fang
Charge
Thunderwave
Crunch

For the most part, this was fine, Its just, it dosent have the defence to survive if the confusion part of swagger fails and they manage to land a hit

Rapidash
Fire Blitz
Return
Poison Jab
Agillity

Honestly.. I hate these things, but i gave it a decent moveset anyways.

Staraptor
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Endeavor/U-turn
Endure/protect

Nothing really wrong here, just threw another move idea out there.

Spiritomb
Hypnosis/rest/shadow sneak
Dream Eater/rest/shadow sneak
Dark Pulse
Confuse Ray

Feel free to completely disregard this one, your set was a fine one, i just dont like inaccuracy (Hypnosis/ 70)

Carnivine
Ingrain
Crunch
Power Whip
Swords Dance

Honesty, i think this thing is to slow to use... you could replace it with Roserade, or something... either way, there isnt any other move thats all that good for it...

use what sem said for the rest, but for the unknowns, respectively,

rapidash: megahorn, takes care of most dark types.

carnivine: yeah, figs's right, swords dance.

Isn't Surf a better move than Brine? I know Brine's atack doubles if they have less than half max HP, but anything weak to water tends to go down after Surf, especially with Empoleon's Sp.Atk.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
It depends really. I go with Surf since I don't use much double battling, since Surf hurts your partner too now. So yes, Surf is better if you plan to do more single than double battles.