• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

That game I never beat....

Has their been a game you started playing but never got around to beating?
Sadly for me I never beat Bioshock and Halo 3. Halo 3 because my first copy broke and the one I have now is in spanish :o and Bioshock because I just never got around to it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LongArmProd said:
Has their been a game you started playing but never got around to beating?

8D

Yes. Yes there has. Many, many times.

To be more specific, Final Fantasy XII is my biggest shame. Unlike many other games which I haven't gotten more than 10 hours into, I'd played FFXII for at least 55 hours before stopping. REALLY loved the game while I was playing through it, too. But life got in the way, and once I'd finally returned to the game I got bogged down at a boring section. Then my PS2 broke.

Since then, even after buying a new PS2, I've not been able to get back into it. I think the memory card my save was on no longer works, and starting over is rather daunting considering how long the game is and how frelling jam-packed it is with extras.

Plus, there's so much else to play now. :x

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
For me, the game that lords over this position in my collection is Metroid Prime Hunters. I've completed every Metroid game in the entire series (even Prime Pinball) except for Metroid Prime Hunters. Unfortunately, I find Hunters so sickeningly dull and boring I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to beat this game, although I managed to put myself through the blasphemous disgrace that was Other M so...we'll see.

Wolfenstein 3D also waits in the wings. I've beaten every episode bar the last one, and unlike Metroid Prime Hunters this game isn't complete ass, so it'll likely see completion eventually. I'm currently on the final disc of FFXIII as well and one day I'll get around to beating Bayonetta's Hard Mode too.

Oh there are too many to tell.... Well maybe one will do.

I've never been able to finish Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Remember that? I know it's been a while, but it was a rather fun game. Ironically, I had no problems with the sequels, but the first one is just difficult to beat. I still haven't gotten past that cyborg shark D: I wish I could've finished it though.

Another I had difficulties with was Star Ocean 4. The Xbox 360 version of course, but I doubt it would be any different had I gotten the PS3 version. I did get, I think, adequately far. I met Faize, "kidnapped" Lymle, broke out of jail with Bacchus, destroyed the earth with Miracle, and met the featherfolk girl while saving Reimi from her disease. Oh, and we met the half naked elf chick :p Anyway, the dungeon is rather difficult on Roak, as I couldn't clear that Priest guy. All of those Furry ninjas D:< Other than that though, it was a wonderful planet....wish I could destroy it like alternate earth >:D

Heh.

Back in the times when my DS was still in one piece, I had bought a lovely game called LostMagic. It's basically a combination of a mage RPG, draw-a-symbol and Tamer game; You draw symbols for spells and bewitch and control monsters you find, or try to, as you progress troughout the land. It was a nice game, up to the point where I ragequited purely because it was too hard for me to finish- Even though I was on Easy. About a month later, I tried it again, and succeeded only to get stuck a few levels afterwards.

One game I haven't got around is Final Fantasy XIII. it's gotten too a very boring part and the battles are repetitive, so I left it in the wind. Also I got Heartgold from my brother around the time I got Pkmn White, sooooo I've been ditracted by it to go back. :p i really want to though so I can see the new content thats different from the original.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Pretty sure my only uncompleted games are Final Fantasy 3 (had to go back to do other stuff before the final dungeon) and Zelda: Link's Awakening (could never get through the fifth or sixth dungeons. I think I completed the fifth once, but the sixth stumped me).

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
There are several games that I just never beat simply because I got bored/sidetracked with other things/games and have not yet come back to them, but I know I will some day and finish them (I often do this :x). Then there are the games that I never beat as a child because they were either too difficult or playing the multiplayer was a hell of a lot more fun that the actual story mode. XD

One game that I never beat, though, was Super Mario 64 (but I'm playing through it currently, so that all might change ;D). Other than that, I can't think of a game that I never beat simply because I just hated it/it was impossibly hard...wait, I never beat Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA. I got stuck on one of the last battles and was drastically underleveled and after trying many, many times on several occasions I have never beaten it. :x

I came to think of my PS2 days. I never managed to get through Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 14 (I think it was that one).

For me it has to be Poke'mon Emerald. No no wait ,I beat the E4 (29 times ,with 20 of them being a solo run of only my Salamence) but I like to say that I never "beat" the game untill I catch every ledgendary. There's where the problem comes in... Latios ,yes ,Latios. I have been able to catch that little bugger ,IT HAS BEEN 57 HOURS AND 38 MINUTES before I said f**k it and sold it at Gamestop.

But since I technically "beat" the game ,I'll mention another game that even though I enjoy playing it ,I just cant beat it. The game I'm talking about is Star Fox 64 on the N64 (I bought mine in the Wii virtual console). It's mostly the final boss or the boss before it where I usually die ,and unfortunately in Star Fox 64 when you die ,you lose good day sir! and there are no continues.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Knew the ending before I played, lost notivation>_<

Pokemon Collosseum

Excellent game that I never finished for some odd reason.

Pokemon Gold Version

Silver I'd beat a million times. I had two copies, and BOTH had the dead internal battery :/ so I never played past....Azalea.

Pac Man

;D never ends

Ohh theres alot..Either because I got tied up in school, lost motivation or just picked up a different game. Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (I really wanna finish that one), Resident Evil 4, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...I have no idea how the eff I'm supposed to beat that one, it just seems endless.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon would be on the list as I got to the last level and quit, but I randomly picked it up recently and beat it..It wasnt very hard :(

Hmm, I think there are two games I never finished...

Yoshi Island DS: It's a shame I didn't finish this one because the game is gorgeous just like the Super NES one. I remember getting to this hard level that involved falling stones and I couldn't beat it...I ended up putting and down and not touching it again. Now I don't even know where that game is, but I'd like to give it another shot if I find it.

LeafGreen: I'm fairly sure I beat the Elite Four...but I don't know if I did anything else past that lol

Fallout 3. I hated it. It was just... ugh, unplayable!
Also- deBlob (I was younger and now I feel as if I've outgrown it)
Super Mario Galaxy (again, I was younger)
LOZ: Twilight Princess.... I could not catch that stupid fish in the very first level!

And for the people who haven't finished Bioshock, JUST PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE YOU FORGET!!

The first two digimon worlds I recall as to never finishing, I was young and I didn't really understand how to get much further than Meramon and Centaurmon in World 1. And Kira(?) in World 2 was difficult for my team of un-DNA-divigvolved vaccines, I didn't realize the benefits of it for years. I still have both games for PS, but since my PS is both, i don't get to play either. They're both probably so scratched it would be a miracle if a console even recognizes it as a disk.

The next game I recall to have never completed is the original Legend of Spyro, I didn't even get much further than the first world with it. I kept going back to the start of it because the monsters scared me back then, especially those dog things.

I am great lover of games, I love playing all type of games it may be rockstar game or whatever it may be it doesn’t matter. There are many such games which I start playing but doesn’t beat me anytime one of those is lost magic which never beat me. This post looks good as we come to know the views and opinions of others. For me enjoying the game is most important and nothinh matches the enjoyment then playing the game on the HDtv

There have been A LOT of games I never got around to finishing in the long stretch of time I've been playing video games, and for a myriad of different reasons; the console/ games broke, difficulty, losing patience with the game (although that was mostly a childhood issue), losing interest in the game, losing the game disc (or cartridge), none of my friends played and/ or I sucked at it. Literally too many games for me to even remember by this point.

Although the single worst example in recent memory would be Prey (the one by Arkane Studios - not the 2006 game of the same name). It was a fun game by all accounts and seemed like the perfect kind of game for me. It had great mechanics and decent progression, the game took place on a space station with segments where you could actually float around outside, good sense of mystery and world-building, and there was a good deal of choice on approaching situations to suit your preferred play-style. It felt more like a spiritual successor to System Shock than 2006's Prey - which I believe was actually what sold me on the game in the first place. So with all that in mind...what happened?

It just lost me at some point, and I'm not exactly sure why. I just put it down and didn't pick it back up.

I still have the game, though. I'm sure I'll pick it up and start afresh at some point. But as of right now, all of my free time is being eaten up by Hollow Knight, so Prey will just have to wait.

i never finished a final battle in any zelda game i played. i get to that point and think - nope. can't do it. the moment before the battle fuels me up with so much anxiety, no kidding i start to shake gtratra so i'm not succumbing to that stress. i'm not sure why it's only with those games, especially since it's my favourite gaming franchise. every other game, i complete til the end, but a zelda game ?? no way.

When I was 6, I got Pokemon Emerald and breezed through it until being stuck on the water routes. I never beat it until four years later...

Then a few years back I got lost in Tokyo in SMT IV and could never figure out how to do the quest to fight Pellaidh, and I never bothered to look up a walkthrough until a few months later. It took me a full year to beat SMT IV. Put me in a maze and I guess I'll just die.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
560ce83efce6d1e16fadc9568bc98f4f37574f15.jpg
7521d08ae8fcc8d9de902c53933365de8ddbcafa.jpg
98016e57be4605d3bcaa4e948aaa83934999555c.jpg

Kio's Adventure looked so promising, however, the English was so terrible that it ruined the gaming experience for me. If it was slight spelling or grammar issues then I would have been fine with It, but alas - there was no saving the game for me. It took you out of the atmosphere.

• Blade Kitten is amazing and frankly, I have no excuse for having procrastinated as hard as I have with it. It's definitely on my to do list. I keep getting side-tracked with horror games. My focus is not the greatest unless I'm solving puzzles and murders.

• The Town of Light can fucking bite me. This game makes me so unbelievably sad. The tension is fantastic, the graphics are pretty, but I cannot for the life of me play it. The camera motion is far too nauseating for me. I've fallen ill numerous times with migraines to match. There is no getting used to it for me. So bummed out about it.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

It was the first ever game I played, yet I just CAN'T get past that one battle with the rock in the mountain area. (Can't remember his name)

Well, there's every single Pokemon game I have never beaten but started, there's Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Chibi-Robo, Skyrim, Diablo III, and basically most of the GameCube and GameBoy games that I've owned. XD I'll make a comprehensive list later. XD

Ohhhhh boy....where to begin?....lets start with the Final Fantasy franchise....I love 5 to death and the game is so fun, but after the spoony bard's were insulted and I got to after the fire crystal I kinda just had no idea where to go, yeah i can google it but looking shit up spoils fun...so i kinda just dropped off....bummer to as it is my third fave in the series....I also never beat 7 but thats because I hate it.....
Moving on is Shin Megami Tensei 4 I have always loved the SMT franchise....but 4 bored me....the game basicly insults you at times....like I can either kill my old friend on the spot ending his misery or belay it....either way I get chewed out....so I traded it in at game stop....oh back on FF i never finished Lightning Returns....