• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The 8th Pokemon Movie (Contains Spoilers)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We now have a name, poster, and trailer! Just not a very good trailer ;)

Click here to find the two posters, one of the feature-length film and the other of the short which, again, has Munchlax. These posters tend to change as more is revealed about the movie, eh?

The current title is "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" but not much is known beyond that. Possibly the updated site tells more but I can't translate it ;p

www.pokemon2005.jp

http://www.pokemon2005.jp/movie/trailer.html

So yeah... Anyone want to throw up predictions? I'm leaning towards "Mewthree" as a legendary in Gen 4! (j/k)

EDIT: Just thought of something...

Maybe the next movie will be about Mew and the Regis since the Regis were supposedly ancient Pokemon created by humans (if I'm remembering correctly). Since Mew's DNA gave rise to all Pokemon that goes for the Regis too, eh?

"Wave Guiding" sounds like something related to time travel, or at least the past... They wouldn't make another time travel movie, would they?
Hopefully it just means that Mew strenches to the beginning of Pokemon history...

It sounds like it might feature the return of Victor and Pooka... did I get that right? (j/k)

But, really, it sounds surfing-related... O_o

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping just to say that the Japanese site has been updated. Check it out to see the new trailer featuring Lucario! :D

http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/261869.bmp

*Had to compress the pic because it was so big... Probably lost some of its quality. Damn paint x.x

Me and Gary both had trouble viewing the new site with FireFox, so if it doesn't work for you try IE instead.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I have only eight words on this.

I. Want. To. See. This. Movie. So. Bad.

Crystal Trees, Mew, More crystal thingies and that Rukario thing (OMG ANUBIS THINGY! ^^) My only question is why the hell are they, dressed up as medieval freaks and what's with all the armored PokeMon? (And why oh why is Lucario a freakin' Lord of the Rings overlord?)

Either way, I like the looks of it. And now I really want to draw Lucario.

I do believe that the reason they are dressed up in those costumes is because it's some celebration for the demise of the war between the Red and Green teams which were going to fight each other in some climactic battle but instead was stopped by Rukario and they pay homage to that. As this happeenfd long ago they dress up like they would have etc. You get the jist.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yet another update to the site!

On the main page, if you click the second "new" link you'll be shown a new section with clearer pictures of the three shadow Pokemon, Lucario's ht/wt, and the Regi's! Finally those things return... If anyone can translate the text, tell me what the heck the Regi are meant to do in this movie. After they were completely ignored from the poster/latest trailer I'm skeptic about their importance in the grand scheme of things :p

Well I did some searching and found the basic synopsise here it is. As ash and crew continue their journy they end up in the city (or town but I really think its a city) of rota were they get invited to a one year celebration of their hero lucario but as ther celebrating mew suddenly appears and teleports them to a different dimension.Heres my theroy I think the people of rota were ina war with a different place.The different place attached mechanical parts to the pokemon increasing their streangth dramaticly and used the pokemon to attack the city. The people of rota had no other choice but to call upon the gods of steel rock and ice. The gods defeated the other people but thier power overwhelmed them and they went out of control. The people of rota almost gave up hope until lucario came and locked up the gods in different places of hoeen.I think mews part is to bring ash and gang to the past or different dimension but its role will probabliy be bigger.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Another bump.

There's a new trailer up. It's much shorter than the first, and doesn't reveal anything new (aside from the Regi actually getting some action) but it's worth a watch anyways. Check it out if you get the chance ;)