• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
(WARNING! Will be generally pointed at more older audiences. Has death, and other not that kid friendly stuff.)

A group of friends go to a cabin that they rented out for the summer to have some fun and spend some time together. It goes awry once night falls, and they'll have to escape, or they will fall victim to the horrors hidden deep beneath the surface.

Rick - Prologue

Him and his friends were going on vacation in a remote cabin, which they enjoyed doing as it usually has them hiking, cooking their own food, and learning new skills they probably won't use at all. This was their favorite summer activity, but Rick dreaded it. He hated flies, he hated bugs, and just about anything dirty. He was a germophobe, and didn't like this summer activity much, but hey, it was a good way to pass the time in the summer. It was early in the morning when Rick had woken up. His bags were ready, and everything he needed was also prepared. His friends had called him last night telling him that they'll come around at 7:00A.M. He checked the clock. 5:56A.M.

He had around two hours to do whatever he wanted, along with getting ready. He got out of bed, and got ready to take a bath. It took him about thirty minutes, and by then, he was ready to go. His mother had awoken from her slumber, and started cooking for the family.

"Is it that time of yesr again, Rick?" His mother asked him as he sat down on the table. "Yep, my friends are coming to pick me up at seven." He replied. It was now 6:30A.M. His friends were sure to arrive, sooner or later. His mother spoke again. "Well, All of us will miss you, as always. Take care, alright?" Rick replied with a nod and hugged his mother tight.

He went back to his room, and stayed there to wait out the few more minutes until his friends get there. They should get there soon, he hoped.

Sarah - Prologue

Sarah, Mark, and Quinn were driving towards Rick's house. Rock music blasted from the car's speakers, as Sarah and Mark were arguing about something. Both of them were previously dating, and Mark has a new girlfriend, who Sarah doesn't really like.

"Listen Mark, I know she's your girlfriend now, but it'd be akward having her here!" Sarah protested. They were arguing whether Mark's new girlfriend should join them on their trip. Mark, of course, protested too. "It would be fine though! There's absolutely no problem having her here, right Quinn?" Mark tried getting Quinn of his side, although Quinn just shook her head, signalling that she didn't want to be apart of this argument. They finally stopped at Rick's house, and Sarah went outside of the car to call him. She knocked on his door. Once. Twice. Nobody answered. She finally shouted out, "Rick? Are you in there?". She tried twisting the doorknob, and suddenly, the door opened.

She took a look at Rick's living room. Empty. Where was Rick and his family? It wasn't like Rick to just leave the door open, especially since they have a pet cat. She checked his room first, and saw Rick was sleeping, probably taking a nap. "Hey, Rick? C'mon buddy, wake up. We're going to the cabin today, remember?" Sarah said to the sleeping Rick. He immediately woke up in a state of shock, and apologized. "I.. must've fallen asleep, my bad" Rick chuckled, and went to the car along with Sarah.

Phoebe - Prologue

Phoebe sat in her living room, scrolling on her phone as she waited for her boyfriend to pick her up. She knew they were coming, although Sarah didn't like Phoebe much, due to Sarah not trusting Phoebe. Maybe she could show Sarah that she could be trusted during this trip, but she didn't really know what to expect. Mark only told her that they were going to a cabin in the woods, but she didn't really know anything else.

She heard a honking of a car outside, so she grabbed her backpack and went outside. Her boyfriend, Mark was waiting in his car, while she saw Sarah, and two other people who she didn't know well. She waved at Mark and ran to get inside the car. She noticed Sarah scoff at her, though it was pretty expected. Mark glared at Sarah, but it didn't really result in much. She started speaking to the other two in the car.

"Hey there, I'm Phoebe! It's nice to meet you both." She smiled as she said it. Rick waved at her, while Quinn started to greet her. "Hey. I'm Quinn. This guy beside me is Rick. And you already know Sarah and Mark." Phoebe nodded at the new information she got from Quinn. Sarah stayed quiet, probably cause it would be pretty embarassing, and so they started moving to get to the cabin and have most of their summer wasted there.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Mark - Chapter 1/Tangled

They had finally arrived to the cabin. They left the car one by one, and Mark was the last one outside. He didn't realize a pair of eyes watching him from the bushes, so he went inside after finishing whatever he was doing outside. He was pulled aside by Sarah into a room, where she was clearly angry.

"Mark! I told you you shouldn't have invited her! Is this just to spite me or what!?" She spoke in a really angry tone to him, and she definitely wasn't happy with him. "Listen, Sarah. We aren't dating anymore, you can't tell me what or what not to do!" Mark spoke back to Sarah. She was clearly offended and stormed off outside of the cabin. "Hey! Where are you going?" Mark shouted towards her, but he was only ignored by Sarah, as Phoebe walked up behind him. She put her hand on his shoulder, and was about to speak before Mark shook her hand off and ran off.

"I'm not talking to you right now, Phoebe." Mark soon ran off too. "Wait! Mark!" Phoebe shouted out, although by then, Mark was long gone, far away from the cabin. Mark got to a forest clearing, and looked around. He found nothing much, and only found a small cavern at a mountain. It was a bit covered up with a bit of vines, but Mark still went in anyway. Maybe Sarah was in there.

Sarah - Chapter 1/Tangled

Sarah was far from Mark. She hated him now. She really thought that Mark would still care about her, but everything on his mind was just Phoebe. She was so annoyed about what he told her, though she couldn't say he wasn't wrong. She hated herself for this. After all their arguing she should have known that she was so controlling of Mark, even if they were no longer in a relationship. She needed to find him, and apologize. She still hated him for everything they argued about, but this could finally be their first step in the right direction.

She returned to the cabin in a rush, trying to look for Mark. She arrived at the house in a panic, shouting out for Mark. "Mark? Mark!! Where are you?!" The rest of the gang went over to Sarah and Phoebe started talking first. "Hey, Sarah, Sarah. Calm down. What's going on? Mark isn't here. He chased you into the forest, where is he?" Sarah was worried. Really, really worried. They'd never gone to these woods before, and if Mark got lost.. she wouldn't know what to do. "Guys, we need to find Mark. Who knows what is out in these woods, and i'm worried about him." She said in a worried tone. They might not see eye to eye, but she is still so worried about Mark.

They all spread out to look for Mark, and they all hoped to find him, sooner rather than later. She really didn't want to have Mark go missing, especially on the first day out here. Especially because she knew this was her fault. "Wait, Phoebe. We should go together. It's too dangerous to go alone." Phoebe agrees, and they set off into the woods together.

Quinn - Chapter 1/Tangled

Quinn looked over to Rick to ask him the same question Sarah asked Phoebe. "Hey, do you wanna go together?" Rick shook his hair, "No thanks, i'd rather stay here. Stay safe?" He smiled as he went back inside. Looks like she was alone in looking for Mark. She hoped nothing bad would happen to him. She went through the same clearing as Mark did a few minutes ago, and noticed the same cave. The vines that were previously surrounding the cave, were no longer there and seemed to seep inside of the cave.

A shout from the cave could be heard, and Quinn could swear it was Mark's shouts. She went inside to find a small cliff that leads into a hole, where all the vines leads to. And in that hole, she sees Mark down there, seemingly trapped in these vines. Suddenly, the cliff breaks, and she falls in with Mark. She sees Mark and runs toward him, trying to shake the vines off of him. They were shockingly sturdy though, and also.. rigid? Why were these vines so rigid?

Mark suddenly starts speaking. "Help! Quinn! Oh god, Quinn. You've gotta get out of here, these vines are alive!" She didn't know what it meant at first, but then she saw it. The vines, they were moving towards her, probably going to trap her like Mark too. She had to run, and she did. She didn't know where to run, but she had to escape. She noticed some kind of latch where the vines seem to be coming from. If she closes that and breaks the vines, then.. It will stop the vines from moving, she thought. She ran towards the latch, as the vines chased her. She pulled on it once. twice. and it boomed as it closed, cutting off connection between the vines and disarming them.

She ran back to Mark, and hoped he was okay. "Mark? Mark, are you okay?" He coughed and seemed to be doing fine. She sighed in relief, but their main problem now was getting out of there. They soon heard footsteps outside of the cave, and Sarah shouted down. "Quinn? Mark? You both down there?" Quinn and Mark were relieved, they could get out of there. Soon enough, they got out and Mark was in a panic. "We've gotta go, right now! It's too dangerous here. Get to the car!"

Everyone ran towards the car, but something didn't feel right. Rick. He didn't come with Quinn to look for Mark. A feeling sunk into her chest, knowing that something might have happened to Rick. She ran towards the cabin, and the rest followed her. There, she saw it. Rick's dead body hanging from a tree, tangled by a vine.

"No. No.. No!! Rick!" She started sobbing at the sight of Rick's dead body, as the rest of the group arrived. The group was also shocked. Their friend was killed, and they couldn't believe it. Sarah grabbed Quinn, "Hey, we've gotta go, it's too dangerous here, Quinn." Quinn nodded in compliance, and then they ran towards the car. The tires were slashed, and they couldn't escape. They had no way to leave now.