• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Charming Mafia - Round Five: Rules, Sign-ups, and Q&A

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sign-ups are now open for Round Five!

Any rule changes are to be confirmed, based on the number of interested participants, but I don't think we will see any huge changes.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: The Charming Mafia - Round Five: Rules, Sign-ups, and Q&

I kinda liked the Vigilante role from game 2, and the Godfather/Mob Boss or whatever it was called... but eh. XD

So, I'm guessing depending on the number of players again, we might get one or two mafia families. Does that also include more roles?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Might as well give this another shot, and I'll try not to piss anyone off. (Much) ;D

I'm in! :up:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Fudging heck yeah, I want in on this hootenanny!

Just wondering when will this round start just want to know just incase I have my head buried in work xD

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

So...I am currently committed to a play...three of them...but dang it! I haven't missed a Mafia game yet! I'll make time, I swear it! I'm in

Add me to the list~

Being drowned in Peanut Butter wasn't so bad, and I'm sure I can have fun dying horribly!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

The start date is currently negotiable, but won't be for at least a week due to my Real Life commitments. Would people prefer me to put a poll up, or would you rather just give the best times for you in this thread?

Well next week is best for me as I'm off college but any time after 20th April would be good

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Assuming my life decides to keep playing nice for the foreseeable future, any start date is fine for me.

I'm pretty sure most of us are willing to wait for as long as it'll take to set up a new Mafia, but any time is fine to me.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Anytime is fine. ^^ I'm away from the 28th-30th of April for a school trip, but I should have internet connection the whole time.

Any time is good for me. As I said earlier, I'm not committed to anything atm, so I have nothing to distract me and keep me away~

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I'm free basically all the time, just a few hours out of the day I need to take care of my baby. :p

Dear god please dont let me die this time I'm In~
I swear I have some sort of death wish... I just have to play this game again..

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

In Because everyone else seems to be, and it'll be fun. :p

Just quickly had a look to see how many people have signed up so far and I counted 17 hopefully I counted correctly and didn't embarrass myself xD But with the looks of things we might have enough for 2 mafia's this time :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I doubt it. The percentage of mafia to the total number of people is anywhere from 25-30% in every game so far, and the maximum number of mafioso possible without breaking that percentage is 4 or 5 people. And each family has at least 4 people, so that doesn't really work.

Unless we get like, a few more people to sign up, then it's not impossible to get 2 families. XD But yes, it is 17 people as of El :3

Thats what I meant :p Thats why I said with the looks of things which means I expect more people to sign up because the number keeps creaping up larger and larger I'm hoping Sem, Tailon and P_M join up they would make things even more interesting ^-^

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Katie's playing? I'm defo playing. I will kill you, wench D=<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem said:
Katie's playing? I'm defo playing. I will kill you, wench D=<

Make that double for you, whore. >=O

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Right, I'll be sorting out Mafia in the next few days - if you haven't signed up yet, get in fast! :)

If it's not been all sorted yet can I join?

If not then don't worry about it Peter 8)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

It's still yet to be sorted, so welcome aboard NidoRich! :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Ka-BUMP.

Okay, the rules have been updated for Mafia 5. Go read them! Roles will be allocated shortly.

EDIT: Roles have been allocated! The game will start Wednesday, the 25th of April.

Please reply to your role PMs as soon as possible to confirm delivery. If you haven't had a role message, send me a PM and I'll resend it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Teapot said:
* Please respect the spirit of the game: even if you find a loophole in the rules, refrain from abusing it if it would hurt the game for others. I maintain the right to implement whatever sanctions I feel necessary to enforce this rule, including but by no means limited to public announcements of misdoings, or removing offending members from the game.

Personally I'm starting to feel like the revealing of special roles within the Mafia Day threads is being abused now.

Revealing or lying about your role within the game can be a nice strategy to trip people up, but this time 'round it's not coming off like that. More and more it's feeling like people are just doing it out of defeat, laziness, or being bored/not wanting to continue playing. If this is true I'd rather not see it happen anymore. It's a major fun killer. :?

For the record, this isn't me putting my foot down as an admin. As a fellow player of this Mafia 'round I'm just getting sick of this emerging trend. I'd like to hear what the rest of you think because I'm likely just jumping to conclusions after what happened with Shiny and Dway, but this is how things currently feel to me.