• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok first off the warning
This is going to be a mature dark game at the least it will have violence.
18+ only please

The idea is this a new tournament Has been announced backed by mysterious benefactors. However the reward is just to good to pass up. A full set of evolution stones. 10 master balls, and 100 hyper potions. To ice it off 10 rare eggs.

Trainers are only allowed to use one Pokemon and are required to leave the rest of their Pokemon at the islands center, along with all their items. The island accomedations are top class and all expenses are paid for qualifying trainers.

Ok now the twist and real plot. The tournament is a trap sponsored by team rocket. They plan on testing a new weapon to drive feral Pokemon far more wild and dangerous than normal. The trainers will be pitted in a game of survival and will have to rely on each other.

So who Is intrested?

As second story teller I will make the rules on your pokemon.
1. You can use any evolution of a pokemon you want.
2. Only 4 moves, no changing mid rp, so choose wisely
3. Don't make your pokemon too op. As in, nothing like a salamence that can trash anything it fights.
4. Make the moveset logical for trainers going to a tourney. I don't want to see any pokemon with only aoe attacks and perfect counters to all wild pokemon we face.

Now, with two storytellers, we need domains:
Astral will take story elements and events. Basically, she controls plot.
I will handle controlling enemies and wild pokemon. Basically, I control battles and encounters.

Oh, and no capturing pokemon during this rp.

Oh, and can I suggest something? Can we make it possible for people to die in this?
Plus,
Rule 5: Must make sure your pokemon can actually legally learn all of its moves. I don't want to yell at people for illegal movesets.

Name: Kossetsu Chikyu
Appearance: Dark brown-black hair and amber colored eyes. Tanned skin color, with white scars scattered along his body, notably his arms.
Clothing: Short sleeved, dark red t-shirt with a think yellow stripe along the stomach. Over this is a cobalt cargo jacket, with the sleeves rolled up to just below the elbow. A rip can be seen on the left side of the jacket. Black slacks that hugs the legs, as well as dark brown working boots that are tied tightly.
Pokemon: Garchomp (Ago)
Moveset: Dig, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Iron Head
Ability: Rough Skin

I'd like to join this as well!

Name: Delilah "Bumble Bee" Jones

Appearance: Short black hair and green eyes. She has fair, light-brown skin.

Clothing: Delilah sports primarily black and yellow colors (making her look very bee-like). She wears a yellow jacket with dark horizontal stripes along the midsection.

Pokemon: Beedrill

Moveset: Twineedle, Pin Missle, Fury Attack, Agility

Ability: Swarm

I'd like to play.
My Character's name is Dr. Adinia Moon. I am a fairly young Poke Dr. from the Kanto region, Cinnabar island where people are trying to rebuild. My main Pokemon is Sylveon and she aids me in healing Pokemon and their trainers. I am Red headed and Fiery with a quick wit and strong personality. I am a Drs with out borders type that travels to remote areas to heal injured or diseased pokemon. I am returning this island after having been born there. My parents died at sea and I was raised in Kanto. When the news came that people were going to rebuild on Cinnabar I couldn't pass up the opportunity. The tournament being held at the remote island of my birth gives me the chance to see where I was born. As well, I can heal and work with new exciting pokemon on the island.

Sylveon's Name is Alex and her move set is Heal Bell, Wish, Endure, and Moon Blast

This looks cool.I'd like to join.

Name: Matt Amari
Appearance: Matt has messy,violet hair with strip of red in there.His eyes are two different colors.The right one is blue and the left one is red.His skin is a darker color,but is still fair.
Clothing: Matt wears a dark hoodie with the hood always up.He also wears jeans and sneakers.He wears a amulet with a emerald at the end,silver shackle-like bracelets,and silver piercings.

Pokemon: Honchkrow(Shi)
Moveset: Hurricane,Night Slash,Haze,Mean Look
Ability: Insomnia

Name: Zedek Reglis
Appearance: Black hair and green colored eyes. Pale skin color, decently toned muscles, 6'7"
Clothing: Black vest with white sleeves and hood, plain black t-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers
Background: Zedek is a young man who has been on his own ever since he turned 10. He comes from an average family, a father who is a trainer-turned-lawyer in his own right and a stay-home mom. That being said, he hated being stuck in the same place. So as soon as possible he took off, traveling around the region and when he turned 16 he challenged all 8 gyms.
Hometown: Vaniville, Kalos
Badges: 8
Pokemon: Gallade
Moveset: Drain Punch, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam
Ability: Steadfast

Last edited:
that can work but can I start getting some backgrounds and a little more info from the trainers like at least what region you are from if you have badges etc.

Ok so taking a look at some profiles. I see that I have a couple of people below 18 including my co-st. So here is what I am going to do I think you guys can handle some standard violence but if a scene gets really dark I will reserve those privately for players 16 or older. Anyone younger will just get a brief description of what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no plot is fine whether your an ace trainer or not hmm I would like to know any personal skill sets the trainer may have like Loz is a pokemon doctor so she has medicine.

Let's see...Delilah knows a lot about bug pokemon. I could also say she has an extraordinary amount of determination, but that might be too generic of a skill. When the going gets tough she does everything she can to stay positive and keep pushing forward. She's also very athletic and energetic, so she moves pretty fast (which is because of her practicing imitations of fast moving Beedrill).

Ookay here's my character proposal

Name: Cassandra 'Cassie' Michaels
Appearance: Wild, wavy, coarsely chopped bob styled blackish brown hair. She keeps them side-swept and pinned down by a white fedora. Her eyes are silver, and she has a small scar under her right eye and disfiguring burn scars on both hands, which she hides with brown work gloves. Cassie is a short girl, being only 5'2, but is physically fit and capable of many athletic feats.
Clothes: A white, sleeveless turtleneck, and black elbow guards. Over them, she wears a brown coat that stops below her breast with four black buttons, and long sleeves that stop at the hem of her gloves. She wears a belt which holds her Pokeballs, black pants riding pants, and brown and hot pink waterproof boots that stop right below her knees. Cassie uses a hot pink messenger bag with hot pink straps, brown clasp, and brown inner-side, to carry her stuff in.
Background: An ace trainer-turned-treasure hunter. Once an extremely successful trainer before being accused of selling fake gym badges. Bottomline, she's broke and the tournament prizes would really make some nice piles of cash.
Pokemon: Liepard
Moves: Attract, Encore, Thief, Night Slash

Last edited:
Name:
Floyd Johnstone
Appearance:
Straight, kind of short dark brown hair. Blueish-Purple eyes and extremely pale skin. 6"2
47614464.jpg

Clothing:
Rectangular lens prescription glasses with a black frame. A large white silk scarf atop a black, button coat. Brown cargo pants and slightly grey lace up boots.
Background:
Floyd comes from Jubilife City in Sinnoh and managed to catch his first Pokemon (Staryu) at age 13 using an old fishing rod
that his grandfather left for him. His mother plunged into debt soon after he set off on his journey due to his
father divorcing her and refusing to pay alimony. Floyd plans to sell the prize so that he can prevent his mother
from going to jail. Unfortunately he wasn't notified of his mothers bankruptcy until he entered the Sinnoh league, where he lost to Aaron of the Elite Four.

Pokemon:
Starmie
Moves:
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rain Dance

Ability:
Natural Cure

Last edited:
sharrkan-magi-the-labyrinth-of-magic-38.3.jpg

Name:
Salem Archon

Appearance: Salem stands about 5’10 tall with a lean swimmers physique. His skin is quite tanned and his shoulder length blonde hair is almost white. He has a clean face a relaxed neutral expression with an easy smile. His green eyes often lose focus when his mind wanders to distant shores.

Outfit: Salem is wearing dark blue cargo shorts held up by his PokeBelt, a white t-shirt and a light blue short-sleeved shirt he rarely bothers to button up. Around his waist he tied a slightly too large black vest complete with hoody and on his feet he wears dark sandals that have seen better days. He has several ribbons tied around his left wrist which he sometimes uses to tie his hair back.

Story: Salem is from an island in the south of Kanto. He has always been free spirited and comfortable with the outdoors. His peaceful upbringing has made him a relaxed and trusting person, sometimes to the point of being naïve. The first Pokemon he captured was a little Nidoran he named his little princess Hinako and whom he took great care looking after, but as Hinako matured the roles seemed to have slowly reversed somewhat. Salem set out on his journey, fueled by his desire to see all the wonders the world had to offer. He captured a couple more Pokemon along the way and even pursued a few Gym Leaders he felt could teach him and his team something valuable. He trains his Pokemon very hard, if mostly so that they can feel extra satisfied resting and relaxing afterwards.

Pokemon: Nidoqueen (Hinako)
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Body Slam, Venoshock, Smack Down, Earthquake

[Edit]

Inventory: Salem carries with him a backpack stuffed with an extra set of clothes, basic toiletries, some rations, a thin blanket, and two empty Pokeballs. Tied on top is a sleeping bag and strapped to either side is a water flask.
Because Salem is in the habit of traveling long distance over water he has a watertight pouch strapped to his belt containing his documents and money, little though it may be.

On his Pokebelt Salem normally carries 5 Pokeballs containing his Nidoqueen (Hinako), Blastoise (Ajax), Mawile (Kaguya), Exeggcutor (Jeeves), and Cherubi (Lenalee).

(I realize that for the sake of this story he is going to be giving up his Pokemon, but this is the team he travels with and he surely would have them with him when arriving for the Tournament.)
[/Edit]

Last edited: