• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Hallowed Realm: Mythic Academy (Monster RP)

Welcome to the Hallowed Realm
The Hallowed Realm is a world that exists on the opposite side of our own world, much like two sides of a coin, and here, all manner of monsters and mythlogical creatures exist and live out their lives as their own small societies, such as the Cyclopian Isles and the Vampire kingdom of Valachia, on the Twilight Continent. Werewolves, Harpies, Lamias, Goblins, you name it. It is a world where fairy tales and mythology are the norm.

The proverbial edge of this coin is the Border Between Worlds (usually just referred to as the Border), a space between the worlds usually impassable by both sides. However, on rare occasions, rifts open up through the Border, and this causes humans or monsters to cross the Border over to the other side.

While the monsters of the Hallowed Realm have gotten along relatively well in the past, there's a new sense of unease growing between the different nations. The Border is growing more and more unstable, making passage between worlds more and more frequent, and earthquakes have also become more common. There are also whispers of a sinister order looking to fulfill a prophecy telling of a great catastrophe in the ancient past; a cataclysm that would be devastating for both the realms of humans and monsters! The Prophecy is as follows:

When the sun goes dark in daylight sky, the first stirs shake the land;
Oceans tremble, valleys quake, mountains turn to sand.
Brother turns on brother, and ally turns to foe,
Upon the first great yawning, joy gives way to woe.
The slumbering king awakens, his rage shall never end,
And the realms of man and monster shall become as one again.

Magic in the Hallowed Realm
Magic is a common thing in the Hallowed Realm, and comes in 3 flavors:

Mystral- Anyone can use this magic with practice and guidance. It draws on the energy between the realms to cast spells that enhance one's physical abilities, summon weapons or aid, transmute matter, and other such fantastical abilities. For those new to this form of magic,

Racial Traits- A vampire's shapeshifting, a dragon's breath attack, a Siren's voice entrancing. These are the natural magics that monsters have the ability to draw on.

Celestial Pact- In the Hallowed Realm, the pantheons of myth and legend are known as the Celestials, tremendously powerful entities that live within their own sub-realm, a sort of pocket dimension called the Astral Plane. Sometimes, monsters can make pacts with these entities, being granted a special ability so long as they maintain the conditions of their pacts with them. It could be that the power is only accessible during the dawn or dusk. It could be that a certain price must be paid each time. Whatever the condition, it must be followed, lest the pact be broken and the power lost.

The Mythic Academy
Nestled on the Twilight Continent's coast, in the city-state of Citadel, there is an academy that welcomes all monsters from all nations into its halls. This is the Mythic Academy. And this will act as a sort of Central Hub for all of the RP's adventures. Citadel is a large city, carved out of a mountain by the titan Atlas for his followers to live in. It now acts as a melding pot of cultures and national identities.

RP Rules:
1) Please familiarize yourself with the Pokecharms Rules and be sure to follow them. I don't want to see anyone get kicked by admins.
2) Godmodding and Mary Sue Characters are a strict No-no in my RPs. A character's abilities must be within reason, and they must have some sort of flaws or weaknesses.
3) Do not grief or bully your fellow RPers. Obvious rule, but we're all here to have fun, and I want to make sure that's the case.
4) Romance is permitted between characters, as it's a natural part of life, but keep it at PG-13 at most, please.
5) You may control as many characters as you wish, but I would advise quality over quantity. My suggested max is 3.
6) Have fun! That's all I want with these RPs.

Addendum 1.1: Since Celestials are basically gods, even if they are mortal, no one will be allowed to RP as them. Yet. You can still tie a character's backstory to them, but you can't RP as one at the start. They will eventually play a part in the overall scheme, but that won't be for a while. When the race is open, I will make a list of available celestials to choose from (since they're based on gods from real-world mythology).

General Information
Character name:
Species: (If Human, be sure to include how they got into the Hallowed Realm in their background)
Homeland: (Feel free to make one up)
Background: (Optional)
Personality: (Optional)
Appearance:

Magic (NOTE: Make sure to describe each spell/ability clearly)
Racial Traits (No more than two. Humans gain the "Wildcard" Trait, which instead allows them four Mystra Abilities):
Mystral Spells (No more than two to begin with. If your character is human, your "Wildcard" Trait allows you to start with Four Instead):
Celestial Pact (If any):

If you have any questions, @ me, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Other than that, I hope you all like the idea and are willing to give it a shot.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I’d be down for this! Just sayin something so I get notified of any future posts here lol, sounds like a super cool concept!

General Information
Character name: Danielle
Species: Human
Appearance:
Danielle screenshot.png

Racial Traits: Wild Card
Mystral Spells:
1. Familiar Binding ×3; Danielle can make servants out of weaker monsters. It's only effective on three monsters at any one time. Also allows her to borrow her familiars abilities for a couple of minutes.
2. Summon Crystalline Weapon; Conjures one of three weapons made of earth and gems from the very ground beneath her feet. Said weapons are as follows; Bow and Arrows, Shield and Sword. Each item imitates their seemingly more functional counterparts through shape and functionality. Sadly, they're not quite as durable. Even if their properties were further altered to perfectly replicate the flexibility of of metal or wood, they are more likely to shatter after taking a number of hits.
3. Transmutation; Changes physical properties of materials and organisms, mostly herself. A seemingly invincible spell, it requires a steady mental state to stay effective for indefinite periods of time if used on living organisms. Any lapse in concentration can be disastrous as the target returns to their original state shortly afterwards.
4. Shared Senses; Danielle can indirectly experience what her familiars feel, hear, see, smell, and taste.

General Information
Character name: Fafnir
Species: Wyvern
Homeland: Draconian Highlands
Appearance:
IMG_20221019_211840018.jpg

His belly scales, claws and horns are gray, body is mostly dark green, larger scales are black, wing membrane is green at the arms and transitions to black, eyes are golden yellow, and the stinger is black while the bulbous venom sack is dark red.

Racial Traits: Venomous Sting/Bite; As a Wyvern, Fafnir has a bite similar to a Komodo Dragon and a tail stinger like a scorpion. The venom in his mouth prevents blood from clotting while his tail stinger produces a fast acting neurotoxin that induces paralysis.
Mystral Spells:
1. Fireball; Fafnir's attempt to imitate true dragons fire breath, a ball of flame is ignited inside his mouth and hurled at the target.
2. Hurricane Wind; Fafnir generates a powerful gust of wind by flapping his large wings while staying in one place. He can do this hovering in midair or standing firmly on the ground.

Here's what I got so far. I promise I will update in the future. If there's anything that needs to change right now, I will take care of it.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
General Information

Character name
: Mavyn of the West Wind
Species: Kamaitachi
Homeland: Spectral Realm — a pocket dimension hidden in the middle of the Lake of Dreams, within which the many variants of Yokai dwell.

Background: (TBA)

Personality: Mavyn is a mischievous little dust devil with a tendency towards the chaotic. A bit of a kleptomaniac with an obsession with shiny things, Mavyn boasts a large hoard of stolen goods squirreled away in her homeland. She can be rather narcissistic and will tease others incessantly, but will immediately become apologetic if it becomes apparent that she took it too far—though that happens too late too often.

Appearance: In her base form, Mavyn is a cream-colored ferret-looking creature with black markings along her back and a thick, furry tail. Her eyes are green and gold, and her underside is white. Greenish scythelike claws extend from her front paw-wrists and curve over her back (as listed in racial traits). In this form, she is a little more than a meter long, including the tail. Oftentimes, Mavyn will shapeshift into a more human form in order to use the wonder of opposable thumbs, and in that form she appears as a young child (about 4’6”) with a mischievous grin, black markings on her face and arms, and sandy blond hair that match her fur. She maintains the long greenish colored scythes on her wrists, as well as her tail and ferret-like ears.

Racial Traits:
-Sickle Claws—as a kamaitachi, no matter what form she takes, Mavyn will always have two long, bladed claws extending from each wrist, curving widely towards her forearms like scythes.

-Windborne—Mavyn’s speed is much greater than that of most other creatures as a result of her (and other kamaitachi’s) connections with the wind. In addition, small flurries of breezes sometimes will kick up around her, but these are harmless and barely strong enough to ruffle fur.

Mystral Spells:
Shapeshift — Yokai, including kamaitachi, have a natural affinity for this spell. It allows the user to change their physical form to anything they have seen before— though their base strength doesn’t change (ie, if they once fought a strong enemy and shapeshifted into them, they wouldn’t have nearly the same power). However, Yokai give up total change in form for their ease in mastering it— they often maintain attributes of their base form regardless of what they transform into.

Sticky Fingers — Mavyn learned this spell to aid her in mischief. It’s a simple spell requiring only an activation word to take effect. In essence, it allows the caster to teleport a (one) known object up to six inches in diameter anywhere within a foot of its initial position, given that it would be touching the caster.

Backstory’s a work in progress but here’s what I’ve got so far!

Last edited:
General Information
Character name: Danielle
Species: Human
Background: (Not the entire story, I'll let you know how she got to the hallowed realm) Danielle was just hiking along a mountain trail one day when she saw a cave that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Being curious, she decided to investigate the interior when she fell through the floor and into a portal that deposited her in the Draconic Highlands. The landing was less than ideal as she landed on a sleeping Wyvern named Fafnir. Seeing as he was caught off guard, Danielle unknowingly activated her Familiar Binding which placed Fafnir under her control while he was caught off guard.
Appearance:
Danielle screenshot.png

Magic
Racial Traits: Wild Card
Mystral Spells:
1. Familiar Binding ×3; Danielle can make servants out of weaker monsters. It's only effective on three monsters at any one time. Also allows her to borrow her familiars abilities for a couple of minutes.
2. Summon Crystalline Weapon; Conjures one of three weapons made of earth and gems from the very ground beneath her feet. Said weapons are as follows; Bow and Arrows, Shield and Sword. Each item imitates their seemingly more functional counterparts through shape and functionality. Sadly, they're not quite as durable. Even if their properties were further altered to perfectly replicate the flexibility of metal or wood, they are more likely to shatter after taking a number of hits.
3. Transmutation; Changes physical properties of materials and organisms, mostly herself. A seemingly invincible spell, it requires a steady mental state to stay effective for indefinite periods of time if used on living organisms. Any lapse in concentration can be disastrous as the target returns to their original state shortly afterwards. Effects on inanimate objects are usually permanent unless she decides to change them again.
4. Shared Senses; Danielle can indirectly experience what her familiars feel, hear, see, smell, and taste.

General Information
Character name: Fafnir
Species: Wyvern
Homeland: Draconian Highlands
Appearance:
IMG_20221020_222949808.jpg

Magic
Racial Traits: Venomous Sting/Bite; As a Wyvern, Fafnir has a bite similar to a Komodo Dragon and a tail stinger like a scorpion. The venom in his mouth prevents blood from clotting while his tail stinger produces a fast acting neurotoxin that induces paralysis.
Mystral Spells:
1. Fireball; Fafnir's attempt to imitate true dragons fire breath, a ball of flame is ignited inside his mouth and hurled at the target.
2. Hurricane Wind; Fafnir generates a powerful gust of wind by flapping his large wings while staying in one place. He can do this either while hovering in midair or standing firmly on the ground.

Last edited: