• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Kanto Trainer Graduation Intake (Anime Style Journey)

When the battle was done, Mark decided to get up and leave. "Nice battle guys!" He called out while his Toxel gave a little wave while Mark set him down so he could make sure his bag was on safely, afterwards he picked Toxel back up and looked down at him. "Ready to start our journey, Tox?" Mark asked with a smile which caused Toxel to give a little confident flex which caused Mark to laugh lightly. "I'll take that as a yes." Mark said as he began to walk away and gave one last wave to Professor Oak.

After several minutes of walking, Mark made his way on to route one, the road where his journey would begin. The two looked around for anything interesting before Toxel caught eye of a little Rookidee who looked back at the little baby Pokemon with clear curiosity.

Route One stretched before AJ and Hera, his vulpix, like a gorgeous painting of a landscape rather than the real thing. There was just something in the fact that he was actually taking his first steps towards a real-life pokemon journey that made everything seem kind of picturesque and fantastical rather than mundane. The tall waving grass, the smell of the crisp clean air, and the promise of wild pokemon around every corner all lent themselves to this dream-like feeling that AJ felt in his chest.

The illusion couldn't last forever though, not when there were sounds of other trainers and their pokemon battling wild pokemon disturbing the peaceful scene. AJ felt something brush past the leg of his jeans and then he saw Hera's orange-furred form marching into the field of tall with her head held high, and hardly a care in the world. AJ followed after her and caught up to the vulpix quickly enough.

"We have to try and stick together," he admonished her, but she pretended not to hear him. "I mean it! I don't want to see you get hurt again."

Suddenly, Hera leapt sideways into a patch of grass. At first, AJ thought it was because of something that he had said, but then he noticed that there was another shape in the grass besides his pokemon, a small purple pokemon that was hissing and spitting at Hera as intimidatingly as it could.

AJ reached for his pokedex, but before he had gotten it out of his pocket the entire patch of grass went up in flames with a great "whoof", and when the smoke and fire cleared, Hera was sitting in the middle of a charred patch of land, alone, and grooming herself nonchalantly.

"Your first battle with a wild pokemon, and I missed it," AJ said ruefully as he and Hera resumed their trek north. "I really wish that you would let me help you," Hera delivered a sideways glance in her trainer's direction, "or at least try to help you."

Hera didn't respond, she was already looking for another wild pokemon to pounce on.

Mark simply looked at the Rookidee who simply stared at them, meanwhile Toxel decided to slip out of his trainer's hands and waddle up to greet the bird Pokemon. Before Toxel could get close, however, the Rookidee simply hopped back a few times, Toxel tilted his head before he looked back at Mark. "Looks like it wants to challenge you, one sec." Mark said as he got out his Pokedex and began to scan the Pokemon.

"Rookidee, the tiny bird Pokemon, Rookidee will bravely challenge any opponent, no matter how powerful. This Pokemon benefits from every battle—even a defeat increases its strength a bit. Jumping nimbly about, this small-bodied Pokemon takes advantage of even the slightest opportunity to disorient larger opponents." The Pokedex explained.

"Something tells me this lil' guy wants to battle you, whaddya say, Tox? Ready for our first throwdown?" Mark asked confidently, Toxel let out a cheer like cry as he looked back at Rookidee and began to assume a stance similar to the Tryogue's... albeit sloppier. Mark quickly blinked in realization. "Right! Forgot to see your moveset." He said as he got out his Pokedex once more and scanned Toxel.

"Toxel's moves are: Acid, Nuzzle, Growl and Tearful look." Mark nodded. "Not bad. Let's start things off with Nuzzle!" Mark said, Toxel began to run towards the Bird Pokemon who flapped it's wings and began to take to the sky before Toxel could run in to it, but Rookidee remained close to Toxel which only proved the Pokedex right; This Rookidee was after a challenge and Mark was only too happy to indulge it.