• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Locily Tales

Dawn draws near on a quiet Thursday morning; the express cruise ship S.S. Lobo drifts in from the Afamali Sea, far west of Kanto, south of Kalos and Galar, far east of Unova -- Locily stands mostly disconnected (until now) from the Pokemon world, shut off by the high, treacherous Apemites Mountains in the North, and the windy seas at all other sides.

The Lobo is flanked by a flock of Wingull and Pelipper, hawking through the human crowd for food -- a young boy leans over the tall cruise ship's railing to a hurl a PokeBall at one of the Wingull, though it falls well short of its mark, plopping down into the ocean, lost forever. Backing off in defeat, the boy begs his parents for some ice cream. Made up of a wide-berth of passengers, the Lobo boasts vacationing tourists, working businessmen, and ambitious trainers looking to make it big in Locily's Pro Pokemon League.

Not known for its indigenous Pokemon, Locily is known for its dedicated and talented trainers, whose Pokemon League matches are broadcast world-wide -- popular even in a place such as Kanto.

Four young trainers making an adventure to a far distant land stir from their beds (or maybe sleep in, if that's their style), the Lobo not far off from docking at the port of the small but bustling Foster Town.

Carved into a high rock face, the buildings of Foster Town stand several meters high above water level, steps then carved into that rock face as well leading down to the full, busy docks down below. The town stretches even higher into a loping set of hills, where the steps become bridge-like, gapping the separate halves of Foster Town while curving past the homes, still higher up. Atop the peak of Foster Town's hills stands a massive light-house, and what could only be called a lab -- Professor Laurel's Lab, to be precise. Just getting there from the docks would be a long, arduous hike for the trainers answering the Professor's call; but he never said his task would be an easily achievable one.

@FireFly12 @Your-Friday-Filet @Stadium @ManyAchievables

Last edited:
Clara's mother laughed at her daughter. "They grow up so fast, I can't believe you're going on your journey already..." Her mother had dark brown, curly hair and blue eyes, and stood at around 5'5. She sat down on seats on the bow of the ship, where they could see Foster Town in the distance. "Well, I feel like I've been preparing my entire life." Clara responded. Her mother gave her a look. "You just got your first Pokemon from your brother and you're saying that? Speaking of him, where did he go? He's supposed to be getting refreshments." Clara looked unsettled by the Wingull and Pelipper seemingly raiding the boat, then took a Pokeball out of her backpack. "I've decided to name you... Mac..." Her mother sighed. "If only your father were here, he would be so proud." Christian, Clara's older brother, interjected. "You make it sound like he's dead, he's just had a stressful week at work." They both were shocked by his sudden appearance. He was really tall even for his age, but he always seemed to disappear with his more reserved personality. He had light brown hair, reminiscent of his mother. One difference would be his brown eyes, which stand in contrast to his mother's blue ones. Christian was carrying three drinks for them all. "Coffee?" Clara made a face at Christian's drink. He sat down with the three, giving a lemonade to Clara and iced tea to his mother. He sipped his coffee. "You'll like it when you're older." Not liking his pompous attitude, Clara responded. "Someone seems arrogant today, did gran call you a 'handsome boy' again?" His face didn't change, nor did his tone. "Sassy. If you're going to keep that up, I'll just take my Tyrogue back." Clara didn't want to go away defeated, so blurted her go-to response. "Christian, get a girlfriend." Their mother was chuckling the entire time. "Can't siblings get along sometime?" Clara paused for a bit. "Why aren't Nick and Stacy here again?" Everyone was silent. "I think we forgot to invite them..." Their mother said, ending the silence.

The three were in awe at the natural beauty of Foster Town. It's patchwork houses seemed to have some pattern, and the seaside town was carved into a majestic hill overlooking the dazzling ocean. Clara ran across the wood deck to the very front of the ship. She didn't have a fear of the heights, if anything bothered her it was a Wingull. She took one breath of the salty air over the sea, getting a hint of Foster Town. Clara wondered who the other trainers on this mission would be. Maybe they would be around her age? Nevertheless, hopefully they would get to meet in advance and not on-the-spot.

A kneeling Isabelle broke a piece from her remaining poké puffs and fed it to the bouncing and eager Eevee. They were becoming stale, and the crisp and salty wind did the pastries no favors. A shame since she had hoped they'd be fresh long enough for her to share with her new partner Professor Laurel had mentioned they'd receive. So much mystery around them, it made her a little excited to see who they'd be. The young woman reached out and roughly brushed her fingers against Cura's furry mane. "Eeev– eevee!" All Isabella could do was nod in agreement and smile gently. Of course, she would not forget about her adorable Eevee suddenly.

The Pokémon lept into her lap as she rose. After disappearing the bag of goodies, she took a firm hold around her partner. The fabric of her coat was sturdy, with its pockets and her buns serving as footholds for Cura's paws as she crawled around before perching like a sea captain's Chatot on her shoulder. Cura nuzzled her furry face against Isabelle, then blissfully closed her eyes. As she did that, Isabelle took in the sight of Foster Town, in silent awe at the city seemingly carved out of the rock, and followed the craggy cliffs to the lighthouse that'd be their ultimate destination. The trainer tightened her grip on the railing as she winced, feeling a little weak in her knees. Maybe she could take a taxi, just this once. Then, with steely determination, Isabelle shook the thought away.

A breeder had to be as strong as the Pokémon as she raised.

Her reflection was interrupted by a young girl fending off a curious Wingull. Isabelle snickered, unable to keep the amusement at the comical sight from creeping into her soft laughter. "I'm sorry. I think it's picking on because it's hungry. The least they could do is ask nicely...," Isabelle suddenly noticed the girl's pokéball and took a more thorough look at her. Internally quite satisfied, Clara was shorter – disregarding the inconvenient fact she had to be four or five years younger. Details.

"When two trainer's eyes meet, they're supposed to introduce themselves by battling. But I think the crew would throw us overboard if did that." Smiling softly again. "I'm Isabelle, and this is my partner, Cura." She teased one of Eevee's ears, who opened one of her green eyes and let out a short 'eevee.' Isabelle glanced around before catching sight of the girl's family. "Oh? Are you locals? If so I could use directions to Professor Laurel's laboratory." She ended with a hopeful note.

Last edited:
Andy was abruptly woken up by a pounding on his chest. He snapped his eyes open to see Arno, his partner Seedot, hopping up and down.
"Ugh... what's wrong, Arno? Did we make it to Locily?" Andy asked, groggily sitting up from his cabin's bed. His companion quickly waddled across the floor to the door and turned expectantly to Andy. The boy nodded and stood up from the bed, brushed himself off slightly, and slowly paced out to the deck.

Sure enough, the view outside did not disappoint. It was... breathtaking, and it filled Andy with a high hope for the future. Foster Town truly seemed like a new experience to anything he'd seen all the way over in Unova. So many bright, enlightening colors spread across Andy's vision through the canvas of the town, almost as if the entire town was a satellite. It took a few moments for him to take it all in, but he eventually got it together. The boy was excited to essentially start a new life here, as he hadn't really been doing much in Unova ever since he left his parents.

Putting in his favorite earbuds, he thought about playing one of his preferred pieces of music in the genre he found comforting, but decided against it. It was a new adventure for him, so why not listen to new music? He scrolled through some random tracks in a different genre, and pressed play. It felt invigorating to Andy to concentrate on something new, and he started really enjoying it, slowly nodding his head to the beat.

He spotted some people as he turned to the front of the deck, but decided against going over and talking to them. He wanted to stay in this serene moment, listening to a leisurely country song for as long as he could. He knew he'd probably have to talk to them eventually, but he wouldn't want to engage until he felt ready.

Samuel opened his eyes, he was in his cabin on thet ship and his phone was telling him that he was near the Lociliy region. Not wanting to waste time, he put a pokepuff in front of his partner, Hel, to wake her up. Once that was done, he stepped out and went to the bow of the Lobo to watch battles of this region's gym leaders to get an idea of what lay in store for him. Hel looked up at him and pointed to the crowd of people gathering in the morning light.
"Absol." (You should interact with other.)
Samuel shook his head.
"Why, they'll forget about me soon after.
Hel snorted and looked away, they had had this conversation numerous times during the journey and he still didn't want to meet the other passengers.
"Sol." (Your parents are right, it isn't healthy to stay alone all the time.)
"We already talked about this, you can go but I'm staying here."
The Absol sat down next to her friend, she could feel his sadness at his curse and wondered, not for the first time, what would have happened if she wasn't there to act as a mental support.

A lone girl and a blue pistol shrimp pokemon were crouching over the dock of Afamali Sea. Alice stared intently at the water that slowly rocked back and forth. A slight tug on the fishing rod triggered a bell attached to her dark blue fishing rod. She bit down harder on her dried Slowpoke Tail. She grabbed her fishing rod and reeled as if her life depended on it. "I think this one's gonna be a big one Cherry!" "Claun! Claun!" said the Clauncher. She did her best to reel it in and with one last big pull, the fish pokemon was in the air. "That's a Gray Bubbles Magikarp! Cherry Water Gun!" said Alice. Cherry nodded and launched a high-pressure water squirt at the gray fish pokemon. The Magikarp took a good amount of damage from the water gun which let Alice reel it in with little to no difficulty. She held up the Magikarp. She fished out her Rotom Phone with a phone case designed after a Lure Ball. Cherry jumped on Alice's shoulder before she smiled and took a selfie with it. She removed the bait from the Magikarps mouth and released it back into the sea. She grabbed another piece of Slowpoke Jerky. "That was so cool," she said before popping it in her mouth. Alice pat Cherry on the head before noticing a cruise ship pulling into the dock. "Huh Cherry, don't see those every day. Whaddaya think they're here for?"

Macey practically ran off the boat and across the docks, both because of her hydrophobia and her excitement. The second she was on dry land, she pulled out Harpy's pokeball and let her out.
"C'mon, Harps, we're here!" She let the seaside wind ruffle her pigtails, before wiping her glasses off-one of the reasons she didn't like water, it virtually blinded her--and taking off into the town... before remembering she'd promised to call her mom. She skidded to a stop, Harpy nearly tripping her, and pulled out her beat-up rotom phone. As she fingered through her contacts, she crouched down to give her Rockruff a few strokes.
"Yes, mom, I'm here. Yes, I'll be fine. You let me go to the Isle all the time! Yes, I know I can find friends. Love you too!" She waited for her mom to hang up, before breathing a little sigh of relief. While she was one of the few people that could talk faster than her worried mother, it definitely took some breath out of her.
She turned to scan the horizon, wondering where she should head first, when she noticed a boat coming into port. A big boat, most likely a cruise ship.
"Oh, now that looks important." Her mouth forming into a huge grin. "I bet there are loads of trainers there!" She took off for the ship, honestly not really thinking about what would happen once she made it there.

The Lobo swayed back and forth ever-so-slightly as it slid into its place at an empty dock, the ship bucking a little as the crew dropped its anchor and tied thick, rope knots between the ship and several posts on the dock, further meant to steady the Lobo. As some people did that, others dropped the boarding plank, and a horn sounded. Without a second to waste, everyone on the ship in a position to rush toward the exit did so.

Though a tight throng of people, the dock-workers from Foster Town did a good job of funneling them through to avoid any sort of messy stampede. The trainers looking to exit the ship would find themselves then on the sturdy docks, clear, blue waves lapping gently against the wood. Further north, a path seemed to lead up. Way up.

@Your-Friday-Filet @Stadium @ManyAchievables @killerwolf9980

On the dock already, Alice could pick up conversations happening all around her. Families excited for vacation, couples flirting and fighting, adventurers oozing excitement -- but then she heard,

"You sure nobody saw you?"
"Na, we're good."
"Then let's kick rocks outta here."

Two older men, each wearing dark ball-caps, hoods, sunglasses and heavy coats - even in the light, spring daytime - rushed past Alice, not north toward the Lab, but west, out of town.

@Crystal1302

Running around the docks, finally setting her sights on the docking Lobo, Macey weaved in and around a huge mass of people - dozens, maybe even hundreds - in tight-knit circles or pairs, moving together, back-and-forth, up-and-down -- workers heaving heavy barrels and chests, travelers with suitcases and other luggage.

In her rush, Macey runs face first into the side of a very tall man. He's not strong-looking, though running into him stops the young Macey dead in her tracks.

He covers a spiky head of midnight purple hair with a matching, long-brimmed fedora, a white hyacinth flower poking out, The man wears a sleek suit of all black, except for a tie that matches his hat and hair. His eyes are a piercing silver as he - having previously been zoning out on the docks - comes back to, looking down to Macey.

"I apologize," He says simply, his voice a soothing, low tone, "Am I in your way, little one?"

@Astrial

Now on land, the air no longer carried the same salty tang, instead joined with the local Locily flavors that told her she had left her home in Almia. The pang of homesickness was quashed by the sheer excitement Isabelle felt bursting in her chest. A bright smile that almost reached her ears quirked the edges of her lips. Two shady-looking men wearing coats heavier than hers and speaking in hushed voices caught Isabelle's attention. They were quickly forgotten about as Cura pressed her paw atop her trainer's head for support as she scanned over the crowd.

"Eevee! Eevee!" The Pokémon chirped happily before emphatically pointing with her paw toward the lighthouse. Only by reaching up and holding onto her with both hands did Isabelle keep Cura from jumping down and running ahead. The crowd was thinning, but she didn't want to risk either of them getting lost in the town's side streets before they had even officially begun their adventure. And, well, she would hit the road as soon as possible. Her feet were itching.

"We'll both have time to explore after we visit the Professor. It'll be a brisk enough walk up the mountainside without getting stopping to sightsee." The would-be Breeder didn't make any attempt to quiet her voice as she spoke, letting anyone close enough to overhear her. Isabelle screwed her head and looked around the pier; having directions would still be helpful.

She spotted a brown-haired girl wearing pigtails seemingly gawking at her. Not Isabelle in particular, but the trainers and anyone else who looked remotely interesting. Isabelle waved at her, Cura following suit.

Samuel walked through the crowd going to the exit, he was deep in thought as he entered the dock and started walking towards the professor's lab, where he was supposed to go. He didn't notice when Hel got an idea and, in a second, Samuel landed in the water. Surprised, he looked at his pokemon, who had a smug expression.
"What the, Hel? Why did you do that?"
"Sol." (You looked like you needed exercise, so I gave it to you.)
Having gotten back on the dock, he grabbed the Absol.
"I'm not the only one who needs the exercise."
He jumped back into the water to get revenge on his partner. After having come up for air, he noticed a girl with a Clauncher which he had probably splashed.
"Um... Sorry."
Then he realized something and looked at Hel.
"You chose this exact location to throw me for a reason, didn't you.
It was a statement, not a question. The Absol regained her smug expression as the only answer.

Alice finished chewing on her piece of slowpoke jerky before tossing another in her mouth. She was about to cast her fishing rod again before she noticed two shady looking men talking about something. "Whatever those two are doing, it sounds like trouble. Pa would probably kill me if I went investigating, but I just can't stand by." Alice's thoughts were interrupted by an Absol knocking what seemed to be his trainer into the ocean. She couldn't contain her laughter before introducing herself. "It's no problem. When you spend as much time as I do around the docks you get splashed a lot. Heck if I had 5 Pokedollars every time I got splashed here I'd be able to buy that fancy boat you came here on." Said Alice with a bit of a laugh. "Name's Alice and that's Cherry." She said pointing to the pokemon on her shoulder. "How about you?"

"Hi, I'm Samuel from Kalos, and this troublemaker is my partner, Hel. She seems to think that my lone wolf lifestyle isn't okay and does stuff like what you just say to make me talk to others."
He lowered his voice to a whisper.
"Between you and me, I think that my mom, Diantha, hired her."
He raised his voice back up.
"Now that introductions are out of the way, do you know somewhere were I could get dried up. I have to go the the professor's lab and don't want to be dripping wet when I get there."

"Oh, no, it's my fault, sorry!" She kneeled down, picking up her glasses from where they'd fallen. I really need something to keep these in place. "I didn't see you there, sir." She added on the extra title because it felt right. As she stood back up, brushing off her pink leggings, she met the man's bright silver eyes. While she was kind of used to strange people by now--that aspiring gym leader from the dojo was a whole thing in themselves--his startling eye color made her do a double take.
"If you'll excuse me, I think I hear someone calling me." She backed up quickly. Dealing with adults was not her thing, and, thankfully, she noticed a girl with an Eevee waving at her. She darted over, Harpy at her heels, as always, stopping in front of the girl.
"Hi! I'm Macey, and the Rockruffs Harpy. You have no idea what kind of jam you just saved me from." She grinned. "What's your name?"

"Don't worry. I came prepared. I get splashed a lot." said Alice before looking behind her and grabbed her black and blue fishing rod bag. She dug through the long bag and pulled out two towels. One was dark blue, one was orange. "I even have one for your 'hired body guard'" said Alice with a bit of a chuckle. "You're heading to the professor's lab? Boy, do you have a walk ahead of you," she said pointing up at the light-house that was almost at the top of the hill. "I've been up there a couple of times and there's usually a couple of wild pokemon. I don't doubt that Hel could take care of you, but it would be good to have some backup. Mind if I come with you?"

Cura immediately leaped from her perch on her trainer's shoulders, landing gracefully on the pier. "Eeeeevee, eevee!" She sniffed the air around the Rockruff, taking in the canine Pokémon for a few tense moments before deciding she liked her. "Eevee!" Her tail wagged as she playfully bounced in place.

Even if it was slightly discourteous, Isabelle turned her attention from Macey to smile gently at the pair of Pokémon. "Isabelle Flores. And bothering your Rockruff, is Cura, an Eevee." She hunched down, patting and stroking Cura's ears to calm her down with limited success. This was the first time she had seen a Pokémon like Harpy, and Isabelle inspected her it with a would-be breeder's sharp gaze. "Her creamy fur is beautiful... and are those glossy stones set in her collar?" Isabella couldn't keep up the serious expression for long and it melted into a bright effluence as she continued to praise Harpy.

"...Sorry. Got a little excited there. And, even if I'm not exactly sure what I did, always glad to be off help to a friend in need. I am going to see the professor," Isabelle clapped her hands together, holding them out as if begging Macey, "but not exactly sure the best way to reach him at his lighthouse. Don't want to be late for my first day as his assistant."

"S.S Lobo..." Nathan said to Chu. "Our adventure truly begins!" He was really excited. He was out of the house (at last) and was beginning his journey. Anyway, he had waited a long time for this, like going to a theme park.

Last edited:
"thanks for the towels"
Samuel said as he grabbed them and started to dry off. After the first one was wet, Hel shook off the water from her body. Used to this behavior, he used the second towel and did it all over again.
"Sure, you can come, I might not need protection from the wild pokemon but I do need protection from my own partner."
He let out a chuckle and looked at Hel.
"If you didn't do things like this every week, I might have been mad."
"Absol." (I could push you into a wild pokemon.)
Raising his hands in defeat, Samuel shook his head.
"Okay, you win."
He straightened his jacket.
"Let's get going."

"Don't be sorry. My mum always spoils her when we're at home, so she's used to it." She watched Harpy yip happily, playing with the Eevee named Cura. "I caught her on the Isle of Armor, just off the coast of Galar, my home. We've been together for about three years now, but I'm not much a trainer, so she's still on the weaker side, but I love her anyway." She kneeled down to stroke her pup.

"Anyway, you said you were headed too the lab up there?" She nodded towards the lighthouse. "I pretty much memorized the maps I got online of this place after my mum said I could go, because she was worried that I'd get lost, but mostly because I was pretty excited." She grinned, a lightbulb popping off in her brain. "I could take you there! I don't have anywhere to go yet, so I'd love to help!"

Note: Just remembered that Macey has a British accent, since she's Galarian. Whelp.

Isabelle could see the love that Macey had for her partner as she knelt to pat the canine Pokémon. It filled her heart with a warmth that spread out to her extremities as a gentle wave. With a low whistle, Cura returned to her perch on the Almian trainer's shoulder. It'd be easier to keep her Eevee in a poké ball, Isabelle thought as a bunch of her hair got caught in a stray paw, but seeing her this excited made the tiny inconveniences worth it.

"Cura has been with me for years now, but barely a month as my partner. My parents are Rangers, so we never really caught Pokémon before. They just asked them whenever they needed help using their stylers. So you're my senior when it comes to being a trainer, Macey." Isabelle smiled softly. "Maybe I ask you for notes. And I think both our parents would sleep easier if they knew we had a friend to rely on." The edges of her lips quirked, subtly altering her smile into a smirk.

"We were supposed to be a few more assistants to meet the professor, but I haven't met any of them yet. Let's both try to keep a lookout for lost-looking teenagers. You've already found one, so maybe you'll find the others too." She rolled her shoulders in a shrug, forcing Cura to adjust her grip. Both her tail and ears stood on end. "And, hey, Macey! You should come along to meet the professor. Pretty sure he could use an extra hand. Otherwise, I could use one."

"Alright. Let's go." Alice disassembled her fishing rod bag and packed it away before slinging it over her back. Alice started off toward the lab. Alice walked through the docks, waving at the occasional passerby. Alice stepped onto the stone steps one by one humming the pokemon center theme. She dug through her fishing bag and pulled out her half-full bag of jerky. She pulled out a piece of the dark pink smoked meat. "Wanna piece? Don't worry, I have a second bag. I freaking love these things. I was hoping to one day make my own since they can get pretty pricey. Smoked Slowpoke tails can cost about 2,200 a pop so I really want to be able to get some myself. I hear they're a lot more popular and easily obtainable in Alola but I've never left Locily. Heck, only on rare occasions I've left Foster Town. One day I'd like to go out and explore all of what Locily has to offer. Oops, look at me. I'm rambling." she said before popping a piece of jerky in her mouth.

"Nice!" Macey let her grin explode into a full on smile as she stood up, pulling her bag back up onto her shoulders. It didn't have much in it, just potions, a pokeball or two, and some camping equipment, it still felt heavy to her. Harpy ran around her ankles, ready to run, as she said, "Let's go then!"

She began walking off towards the lab. "So, you said your parents are pokemon rangers? I've heard they're pretty common in some regions, but we don't have any in Galar. Anyway, do you want to be a ranger like them when you get older? Or something else? My mum works at the gym in Stow-on-side, but the typing there's not really my thing, so I'll probably do something different."

She turned back to look at Isabelle, blush dawning on her face when she realized she was several yards ahead already. "Sorry if I'm getting too personal. Or going too fast. I kind of get carried away sometimes, but I promise I'm a good friend. I can also make a mean curry, so there's that too." She backtracked a little to stand beside Isabelle. "Here, I'll try to stay beside you. Let's go for real this time, Bella! Also, do you mind if I called you that?"

"No, nothing like that." Slower to start, Isabelle jogged the first few steps to try and catch up with her new friend. Macey could not be described as slow in any sense of the word. By Arceus, she didn't want to compete against her in a sprint! "Oh, I still want to work with Pokémon, but as a Breeder and pair Pokémon with trainers that'll treat them as a lifelong partner and friend – so I need to know as much about them as I can!" There was steel in Isabelle's heaving voice as she spoke about her hopes for the future.

A blush also painted Isabelle's face, heat rising from the burst physical exertion. The long leisurely cruise had really taken it out of her. Not like you could run or go anywhere unless you wanted to take a deep, deep dive in the ocean. And, having access to all those creature comforts had been nice. Feeling her Eevee's weight press down on her shoulder, her Pokémon had clearly thought so too. Isabelle waved it away as Macey spoke. "How else are you supposed to get to know a new friend." Injecting as much serene wisdom as she could as she recovered and steadied her breathing. "I liked hearing about you and your mother, Macey."

The blush deepened slightly, turning from a rosy red to pink. "Bella..." Isabelle chewed on the nickname as Macey came up beside her, "don't think I will." She said eventually and smiled softly, the edges of her lips curving into a crescent. "Hmm," tapping her lips, "then how about I cook for Harpy as a thank you. Much better at making poké snacks than I at regular food. I know you'll love it." Bending her knees slightly and shifting her attention to the Rockruff to include her in the conversation.

"Eeeevee!" Cura chirped, agreeing with her trainer's assessment of her baking skills. She received a few scratches on the underside of her chin for her endorsement. Expected to keep all her parents' partner Pokémon fed, those who stayed at their house anyway, she cooked for more for them than she had for herself. It had been difficult with all kinds of individual diets and tastes, at least before she had figured out their quirks. She wondered what Harpy would like. Or her new Pokémon that the professor would give her.

'Bella' nodded to Macey, indicating she was ready to set off before starting to walk along the pier. Felt like most people had already left and gone off on their adventures. "If it isn't too much to ask, hoped we could hurry to the professor's laboratory. But, if you'd like to do anything later in the town, then I am up for it. No questions asked. A free slip you can use for anything."

"Don't mind if I do."
Samuel took a bite out of the meat.
"Delicious. So you've basically stayed here all your life? I can't say I blame you, this place is beautiful.
He walked in silence for a few minutes, taking in the sights before speaking up again
"If you want, you can travel with me, I'll be taking on Locily's league and it would be nice to have a rival or something of the sort. Someone to challenge and compare to.

"Wow. I've never been someone's rival before. I might just have to take you up on that offer. " Said Alice before putting the package in her back pocket. Alice started taking larger and larger steps up until she could see the lighthouse. "Alright, just a little more." When she got to the final stretch the steps transitioned to blocks of stone you would almost have to climb up. "Wow. I bet all of the mail companies hate delivering to this guy." She said before grabbing onto the ledge of one stair and she tried to climb it up but she couldn't. "Curse you lack of upper body strength." Alice muttered to her self. She slowly pondered before she got an Idea. "Cherry! Use Icy Wind to make a platform!" The Clauncher nodded before spraying a cold wind at the base of the stairs to make a block of ice for Alice to step on, which made getting to the next step much easier. "Much better. Hey Sam, do you wanna try this or do you wanna ride on your absol or something?"

"Thanks for the offer but I'm already on the top."
Samuel had climbed on Hel's back and she had used Quick Attack to increase their momentum and make them jump higher.
"Note to self, get a flying pokemon so that Hel doesn't have to waste energy on transportation."
He turned around to look at Alice.
"Shall we go in to meet the professor who doesn't want visitors so much he made his entrance a climbing wall." Samuel joked.

The path to the top of Foster Town only got steeper from there, the steps taking them through houses stilted hanging over the rocks and the water alike, maybe a few dozen or so -- two or three stories at most. The group's path was clear, unperturbed by wild Pokemon poking out of grass. Foster Town wasn't the tourist destination -- most of those people had gone west, including the various mysterious men Alice and Macey had run into.

Several towns' people gathered out on their porches, relaxing, some playing chess or cards and others playing instruments; they waved at the struggling young trainers; they realized it was a struggle, to climb the stairs, but it was a struggle they'd lived their whole lives fighting. So, to them, these were just adorable visitors.

Soon, though, the steep steps would grow closer together, and the Lab itself grew taller and grander in sight; it was a wide thing, wrapping around into a c-shape, with five, tall stories. Further behind it, the lighthouse stood even further away, like it was well in the lab's back-yard. Foster Town was a quiet, unassuming place, and in spite of its size, so was Laurel's Lab. There were no busy assistants rushing to-and-fro with equipment or paper-work -- nor even the Professor himself to greet them. Just the door and what remained of the path between them.

@Stadium @killerwolf9980 @Crystal1302 @Astrial @ManyAchievables @Your-Friday-Filet @FireFly12

After a few more jumps up the very steep stairs, after what it felt like hours doing it, she finally got to the top. "Whew, climbing these stairs was a lot easier when I was riding on Grandpa's Swampert. Are you ok Cherry? You did a lot of Icy Winds." she said while stroking the pistol shrimp's back. The Clauncher took a moment to catch his breath before he nodded. "A flying type pokemon does sound like a good investment." She silently pondered what possible pokemon she could catch. "Let's see, there's Pelliper, but I've never been too fond of them. They're always a bit too loud." she walked up to the professor's door. "I guess there's nothing left to do besides just knocking on it." A bit out of breath she walked up to the large lighthouse door. "Professor Laurel! My name's Alice and I'm here with a guy named Samuel. We're here to see you!"

Last edited:
"Finally, we're here!" Macey panted when they finally reached the top of the stairs. Luck for them, it seemed that someone else had just climbed up the rough stairs a few minutes ago, leaving ice platforms that they could use. She turned her head to look at Bella, ponytails swaying slightly and covered in dust from the eroded rocks, which--along with scrapes on her hands--were battle scars of her tripping halfway up the stairs. After she'd given her a thumbs up and promised not to get distracted on the way, they'd began the trek to the lighthouse, Macey eventually having to carry Harpy since the puppy got to tired.

Macey's attention was quickly drawn away from Bella by the sound of knocking. She looked forward to see two people--a girl and a boy, looking to be somewhere near her age--standing in front of the lighthouse, with a Clauncher and an Absol by their sides. "Hey, those must be the other people you were looking for!" She said quietly to Bella, so the others couldn't hear.

She then hurried forward towards the two, before remembering Harpy was still on her shoulders, and quickly set her down. She stood back up and held out her hand to the apparent trainers. "Hi! I'm Macey, and my friend over there's Isabelle. You must be some of the assistant applicants! I'm not one myself, but I'd be happy to join you!"

Isabella followed Macey's gaze toward the other two trainers. The girl nodded. "I think so too," speaking in the same hushed tone, even if she found it a little silly to whisper, "although I thought it'd be the youngest of the professor's assistants." But she guessed they were strong. All those ice blocks lining their path had to be from the Clauncher. And the Disaster Pokémon had a fierce aura. "Pay attention to them, Cura. I think we can learn a lot from them and Macey."

She almost envied Macey as she let her Rockruff down while Eevee remained protectively perched on her shoulder. After patting down her coat, easing out the wrinkles accumulated during their ascent, she followed after them at a leisurely pace. "And this is my partner, Cura. And Macey's is Harpy. Nice to meet you all." With introductions taken mostly care of by Macey, Isabella decided to salvage what she could. She slightly tilted her head forward in a casual bow, hiding a faint smile. It was nice to have friends. "You introduce yourself too." Scratching Cura's ear until she leapt down.

The eevee required some more coaxing before leaving her trainer's side, but once she did became more energetic and bounced around as she sniffed both the Clauncher and Absol. "Eev- Eevee!"

"Since no one is here to meet us, should be fine to go in." Isabelle motioned to the laboratory's door. "Given any thoughts to what kind of Pokémon we will receive. Probably no use in speculating, but I am little excited about the chance to raise to a rare Pokémon breed."

Samuel was surprised to see two girls behind them.
"hi, I'm Samuel, and the Absol sizing up your pokemon is Hel."
He looked at Isabella.
"So you're another of the assistants, huh. Where are you from? I'm from Kalos. But yes, I agree, let's open the door."
With a low bow, Samuel grabbed the handle, turned it and entered the lab.

The interior of Laurel's Lab was nothing like its exterior; whereas it seemed mansion-like on the outside, the inside seemed like the lobby to an incredible museum. A (empty) front desk with a massive computer system and a lone bell labeled "ring if in need of assistance" in the back left, with a hallway leading to a set of elevators past the desk. The ceiling was high and the floor was tiled with expensive marble.

Off to their left, the group of aspiring trainers could see what could only be described as an Aquarium -- massive water tanks filled with sand, sea-shells and other natural things such as seaweed and algae. Of course, Pokemon: Shellder and Tentacool, Chinchou and Octillery, Corphish and Carvanha and Sharpeedo -- all types of water Pokemon! Even several Clauncher poking around in the sand at the bottom of the tanks.

To the group's right, they could see - and feel the heat - of a fiery biome, watching as Pokemon like Magmar and Torkoal and Darmanitan roamed around on heated stones, harsh but controlled fires burning all around them, crackling with sparks.

In the lobby's back-right, parallel to the front desk, was simply a room marked, "Private: Do Not Enter", its door just slightly ajar.

@Stadium @Crystal1302 @Astrial @killerwolf9980

Alice turned around to see two more girls. "Hey, the name's Alice Sunstone. Just call me Alice. I'm no Professor's Assistant or anything like that. I'm just this guy's escort and I guess I'm also his rival." she said with a bit of a chuckle. "Right here on my shoulder is Cherry." the Clauncher nodded. "I guess there's nothing left to do but head inside." Alice stepped inside and it was certainly fitting. After all a pokemon professor would certainly have a few pokemon around, but this was basically a museum. Her eyes instantly darted to the aquarium section, coming from her love of water types. One of the Chinchou she waved at even blinked it's light in response. The pistol shrimp pulled Alice's hair before she got too distracted. "Ow. Sorry Cherry. No time to be starstruck. We've gotta meet the professor." She said before turning around to the front desk. She saw no one there and shrugged before ringing the bell.

Last edited:
Alice's chuckle was infectious, and Isabelle couldn't help a giggle as she pushed aside the front door so they all could enter. "A rival, huh. That is fine. Let's all see who can raise the best Pokémon then, Alice." Her eyes sparkled. "I won't lose to any one of you." Cure, swept up in the moment, chirped a challenge to the other Pokémon. She didn't say anything else, stunned into silence by the impressive interior.

Her coat rustled as she nearly skipped over to the fiery biome, then sighing as she felt the heat blasting in her face. Not just from the fire, but also radiating from the Pokémon. While living in Almia, she had never been to Boyle Volcano, so this was the first time the young trainer saw these species of Pokémon. The professor had really gone beyond with his recreation of their native environment. Although that stone sphere resembling a Darmanitan looked tacky... Wait, did it just move? Isabelle leaned forward, squinting at it to make sure.

After breathing in an eruption of billowing white smoke, Isabelle coughed to the point of nearly doubling over. However, once she had recovered she didn't try to get out of the way as if challenging the Toarkoal to a test of endurance.

Macey looked up from where she'd been gawking at the volcano biome. She lived in the desert-like area of Galar, so she was no stranger to heat, but this was strait up fire. She'd also been absent mindedly wondering if the professor raised any Houndour or Growlithe here. "Well, they need a place to raise pokemon that can't swim, and can't survive in that volcano's temperature, so they probably have a meadow-type thing going on somewhere."

Then, she spotted what she thought was on off-limits door, though she couldn't tell from the steam covering her glasses. She quickly wiped them off on her shirt and looked back at the door, which was indeed marked private. Though every single bone in her body was begging her to be curious and check it out, Alice was already ringing a bell, so she promised herself that she would check it out later--though she gave a quick nod towards Bella when Samuel brought up the question of if Cura could sneak inside, telling her that if she could, she should totally do it.

She quickly turned towards the empty desk, pulling Harpy away from where she was staring challengingly at a Magby, and walked up to stand beside Alice and Cherry.

Alice, ever curious, rang the bell at the front desk even as her new friends wondered what it might be like to sneak into the private room presenting itself to them. The bell echoed around the tall walls of the lab's lobby-like entrance hall, which seemed to startle the Pokemon roaming around -- the water Pokemon rushed away from the tanks, either burying themselves in the sand or heading deeper into the tanks for safety; while the fire Pokemon shuffled away much slower, simply trying not to be visible through the door way.

Then there was silence for a moment. Not a tense silence, just a confused one -- did anybody hear the bell? But then they could hear a Thump! from upstairs, and the shuffling of feet against the floor passing through the ceiling. This seemed to last a much longer time before the group could hear the elevator Ding!

And the downstairs door opened slowly, letting out a very tall, intimidating man in a white lab coat. He was over 6'6", with snow white hair but a stern face of sharply shaped angles. His eyes were an unimpressed azure, his mouth tightened into a wrinkled frown. Underneath his coat he wore a blue polo that said "Laurel Academy's Gym" and khaki pants.

Again, Professor Laurel shuffled toward everyone, from the very back and over to the front desk, where he set down a cup of coffee he'd been holding before taking a proper look at everyone. Once he realized who was visiting, and ringing his bell, Laurel's features softened -- his eyebrows raised and his eyes shone, his mouth curling up into a smile.

"Oh, hello there everyone," He said with an apologetic chuckle, "I didn't realize it was that time already. Do forgive me. I'm Professor Laurel? Are you all that's made it here -- to assist me with some research?"

@Crystal1302 @Astrial @killerwolf9980 @Stadium

"From what I understand," Samuel started speaking, "Isabella and me are the only ones who got your letter, but the others seem interested enough."
He put his hands in his pockets before realizing he hadn't given his name."
"I'm Samuel, Diantha's son, by the way."
He looked at the private room before asking a question that was on everyone's mind
"What's in the room in the back?"

While Isabella was busy, her Eevee had been sniffing at the half-opened door, deciding that if her trainer was busy with something else could go on her own adventure. Taking the suggestion from Macey and the boy Samuel. And who knew what kind of danger lurked there! The thumping from upstairs did put an end to both their plans. Isabella broke eye contact with the Toarkoal that had so rudely let out steam in her face. Though not entirely sure how long the contest had lasted, she could feel a stinging in her eyes after straining them for so long.

That sound couldn't have been good news. And the subsequent shuffling didn't inspire confidence either. The last hit came when the elevator door opened and a quite casually dressed old man if not for the labcoat he wore shuffled inside. But, never mind that. Isabella bowed slightly before calling over Cura and hurrying over to the desk to stand beside Alice and the others who chose to join them there. Then bowed again.

"Alice used her Clauncher to make the stairs easier to walk up." Choosing to believe that they had simply been early rather than tarnish her image of the professor. Although, being the last leg, couldn't have saved more than a few minutes. "Isabella Flores. I've been excited to finally meet you...," the young woman bit her lip, shifting the weight on her feet, "when will we have a chance to meet our new partners?"

"Yeah, like Samuel said, him and Isabelle are the only ones that were actually invited." Macey blushed slightly, trying to keep Harpy out of trouble by nudging her with her legs. "I just ran into Isabelle by the docks, and we kinda helped each other get up here." She finally gave up and picked Harpy up in her arms, ruffling her collar fluff, being careful of her rocks.

"But, since it looks like only two of the people actually made it, I'd love to help out!" She gave the professor a winning smile. "I'm pretty good with Pokémon, and I'd love to start becoming an actual trainer!" She held out her hand. "I'm Macey Conners, by the way, from Stow-on-Side, Galar."

Alice turned to the professor that was summoned by the bell. The man was rather tall and almost scary looking. "Oh. Hi Professor Laurel." Alice said with a wave. "I guess we are here to help you with some research. My story's like Macey's. I met Sammy on the docks and I offered to help him on the walk here. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm Alice Sunstone. I know my grandpa has come here a couple of times to help with the Water pokemon exhibit. Does the name Anthony Sunstone ring a bell?" She said before fiddling with one of her bright orange pigatils. "Anyway, like Sammy I'm curious anout that door. What's over there?"