• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Murder Awards 2012

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Murder Awards! I'm setting up a short awards ceremony for the best, the worst, and the most hilarious events in the six Mafia games so far. Awards will be in two categories: the first will be open to public voting, and the second will be decided upon by me.

So, as these awards wouldn't be here without you, you will be able to nominate your fellow players for most of the awards: you can nominate up to three people for each award, and the most nominated players will be used to decide who gets the (fictional) trophy and the (also fictional) fame and glory that inevitably comes with such prestigious accolades.

So, without further ado, here are the nomination categories:
The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch
The Phoenix Wright Award for the Best Accusation
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest
The Yoink! Award for Best Thief or Underboss
The Betrayal Award for Best Double Agent

The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team
The Innocent Bystander Award for the Best Townsfolk Team

And the awards I will be handing out:
The Consolation Prize for Never Getting a Role
The Genocide Award for Most Kills/Lynches/Explosions at Once
The Phoenix Down Award for the Most Games Survived
The Freight Train Award for the Most Bandwagons Started
The Hippocratic Oath Award for the Most People Saved by a Doctor

Nominations should say who you are noninating, which award they're being nominated for, and why you are nominating them. They can be posted here or sent by PM, whichever works best. Also, let me know if you think I've missed any categories that should be added! The deadline for nominations is a week from today: 13th December.

ETA: Linkachu reminded me to add a Double Agent award - so I have done so.

This sounds interesting mainly going to be drawing from cycle 5 and 6 for my nominations :3

The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch : JadaStark (against Red, Cycle 5)
The Phoenix Wright Award for the Best Accusation : Shocari (against Belle, Cycle 6)
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death : El (Cycle 5)
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake: Urm I don't know, if this is for people running the game whoever nerfed the Detective
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail: Shiny (Cycle 5)

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership: DS and Red (Cycle 6)
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry: I would put me and Red from cycle 5 but instead Tan and Sem (Cycle 5 because I can't think of anyone else xD)

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective: Petey (Cycle 3)
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber: El (Cycle 5)
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest: Katie (Cycle 3)
The Yoink! Award for Best Thief or Underboss: El (Cycle 6)

The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team : Chanandler Bong family (Cycle 5)
The Innocent Bystander Award for the Best Townsfolk Team: Cycle 6 Townsfolk

Also just putting it out there February or Easter time sounds like a good time for the next Mafia game :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I PMed a few nominations~

I also suggested that we make a Best Double Agent award, namely for Belle's amazing performance in Game 3. :8B:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch: Carmen and I killing each other on the same night (Round 3)
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death: Alex in Game 3, for bombing the crap out of everything and killing a Mafia member too.
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake: Petey for getting lazy with his posts in Game 2 (Day Six)
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail: Riley for giving in when he knew I was Mafia and being lynched (Game 5)

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership: ShinyxInformation. But Seriously, KatiexRed Game 5
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry: Katie vs Sem Game 3

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective: Tan (Game 6)
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber: Alex (Game 3)
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest: Katie for her awesome smiting of RX (Game 3)
The Betrayal Award for Best Double Agent: Belle (Game 3)

The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team: Mafia in Game 1, seeing as we won!
The Innocent Bystander Award for the Best Townsfolk Team: Game 2, because we lynched the crap out of Mafia.

Also, DS and I never talked once during Game 6. :x

Do I get a sticker for voting?

The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch: Round 4 Day 3; Belle survives and El dies through Bus Driver switcharoo
The Phoenix Wright Award for the Best Accusation: I don't even need to give an example for Sho's case. He's a flawless accuser, only ever failing to pick his mark when he was the mark anyway. The only thing that held him back was how quickly he usually dies in the game.
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death: Dr Oak, despite being bowed down by the lynching, he still managed to activate his bombing powers and took a mafioso down with him.
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake: Well that award is going to you anyway, so I don't even know why it exists. But during Round 4, Day 5, you made a double dunce in a day, forgetting half of your job for the entire day, and having to play catchup once the day closed.
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail: Red (The 2012 Murder Awards) For accusing Riley of openly admitting himself as Mafia when it looked bleak, when he himself did the same thing twice.

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership: Demelza and Belle, Round 4, despite one of them being a member of both mafia, Demelza did Belle a many great favours, secretly selling out members of both teams to the watchful eye of the detective, while also garnering support to make sure Belle stayed alive, until she was done with her.
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry: Petey and Shiny. Every time, EVERY TIME, Shiny will be the one to cry out "Lynch Teapot", and destroy the gamemaster in the first day. And one time, she technically succeeded.

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective: Tangrow, during Round 6. He successfully tricked the Mafia into believing Shocari was the detective, thus prolonging his life. And how much further it would have lasted if he kept his charade up for a little longer...
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber: El, during Round 5. Although mine and Dr.Oak's bombings were spectacular, only El's boom ended the game with a bang.
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest: Sem (Round 4, Day 6), Ended Demelza's wicked campaign to be the last one standing with a strike from the heavens.
The Yoink! Award for Best Thief or Underboss: Linkachu Chadwyck (Round 2), Shiny was ruling the entire game, and that made her an ideal target who when converted to the dark side, could bring down the whole defence she worked to create, even though Shiny failed to follow through and made it obvious that she was the converted one.
The Betrayal Award for Best Double Agent: This one was a toughie because both agents denounced one of their sides and sold the allies of that side out to the rest, and usually ended up dead too. And I happened to be one of the allies for both of them. Yeah... I have to think real hard about this one.

The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team: Round 1's team (we're too cool for names). Say what you want, but we all know that only 1 team actually succeeded in all 6 rounds so far. To the rest of the teams: You had one job. ONE JOB!
The Innocent Bystander Award for the Best Townsfolk Team: Round 4's peasants. It was a landslide, there was no hope for the mafia that time.

(Edits, corrections and addition of betrayal award to the table)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Brendan, you miss what I was saying. Riley knew I was Mafia and accused me. I argued against him and rather than trying to continue to get me lynched he gave up and was lynched (despite being innocent). I was not saying he was Mafia and gave up when accused, he was innocent and gave up despite being told by somebody that I was Mafia (God that whole game pissed me off...).

And yes, I have admitted defeat before. But only when I had no chance to argue. Plus in Game 1 I tried to argue and it got kind of ugly, so I've tried to avoid that since then. We have enough problems with this game without me getting really intense and mean (more than I usually am in Mafia >>).

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Brendan Savem said:
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake: Well that award is going to you anyway, so I don't even know why it exists.
Not true! There have been three Mafia gamemasters - Me, El, and Sem. Plus we're giving the award to the fail, not the person. :p It's my way of learning from my mistakes - getting everyone else to laugh at them.

-attaches a "You're Winner" sticker to your forehead-

The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch : Katie against RX, Game 3
The Phoenix Wright Award for the Best Accusation : Shocari against Belle, Game 6
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death : Doctor Oak's bombing sensation, Game 3
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake: Teapot for forgetting to list details of death, Game 5
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail: Riley for scapegoating himself, Game 6

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership: Demelza and Belle, Game 4
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry: Sho and Red, all the time ;D

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective: Teapot, Game 3 mainly due to him surviving xD
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber: El, Game 5 just for ending the game fabulously
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest: Katie, Game 3
The Yoink! Award for Best Thief or Underboss: Katie, Game 2
The Betrayal Award for Best Double Agent: Belle, Game 3

The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team : Game 1 Mafia
The Innocent Bystander Award for the Best Townsfolk Team: Game 4 Townsfolk

The Ultraviolence Award: Brendan for any kill he was responsible for in Game 1. No idea he was Mafia. Very good job.
The Phoenix Wright Award: Sem in the Game where his sole vote for the day killed someone. His. Sole. Vote.
The Going With Style Award: Red in either Game 2 or 3...whichever one it was where he got sniped by both Mafia families at once.
The PINGAS Award: KoL :x
The Facepalm Award: Me in Game 5, trying to kill Shiny on basis of her being Jester(which she wasn't).

The Bromance Award: Me/Tan in Game 6? :V Turned the tides, bro, and literally just before the day was over XD
The Hatefic Award: Sem/Everyone

The Super Sleuth Award: I'm going to be vain here and say Me for Game 1, but also because Tan specifically approached me in Game 6 to help lynch Belle Mafia.
The Highly Explosive Award: DoctorOak in Game 3.
The Got Religion Award: Sem in Game 4.
The Yoink! Award: Katie in Game 2. Converting Shiny was an epic move.
The Betrayal Award: Belle. That was some really impressive work in Game 3.

The Corleone Award: Game 1 Mafia. Because THEY WON. AND BRENDAN WAS A BADASS.
The Innocent Bystander Award: Everyone in Game 2. That was a great game where the Townsfolk really pulled together and essentially lycnhed a Mafia every day. Essentially, of course.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shocari said:

I've seen multiple votes towards this now and I think you guys are mistaking me with Chad. XD I'm pretty sure I was dead after the first night of that round due to everyone hating Sem and getting us both killed. ;x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
It was definitely Chad who converted me in Game 2~

Anyways.

The Ultraviolence Award for the Best Kill or Lynch - tbd
The Phoenix Wright Award for the Best Accusation - Red, against me. And then I go and reveal myse
The Going With Style Award for the Most Impressive Death - Doublesnipe'd Red and Carmi killing each other.
The PINGAS Award for the Most Spectacular Game Master Mistake - Petey, for never really eliminating anyone for the inactivity rule except maybe 5 game days later or something.
The Facepalm Award for the Most Spectacular Fail - Myself for being a douche/jerk in EVERY GAME. EVEN THE ONES I WASN'T EVEN PLAYING IN. /me rages at past self

The Bromance Award for the Best Partnership - Katie x Red because I kinda set that up in.. game 5, I think?
The Hatefic Award for the Best Rivalry - Sem and Katie, because Red and Sho have already been nominated. XD (EDIT: Sem and Tan, too, now that I think about it, though my main nomination is Sem/Katie)

The Super Sleuth Award for Best Detective - Tan~ for things people previously stated.
The Highly Explosive Award for Best Bomber - Brendan if only because of the fic he wrote after bombing Katie in Game 2. ♥
The Got Religion Award for Best Priest - Katie gunning down RX. And getting Sem as well in a normal daytime lynching~
The Yoink! Award for Best Thief or Underboss - Katie, not for Game 2 but Gave 5; a nice way to avoid diminishing the total number of mafia left while increasing the mafia to townies ratio~
The Betrayal Award for Best Double Agent - Dem. Once she saw that the mafia was losing, she tried to save herself by helping the townies~ And then sacrificed herself, kinda sorta maybe.

And I'm almost positive that the Consolation Prize goes to RMA. XD

Also, can we have awards to the games? Like, most exciting/predictable? ^^;

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
Shocari said:

I've seen multiple votes towards this now and I think you guys are mistaking me with Chad. XD I'm pretty sure I was dead after the first night of that round due to everyone hating Sem and getting us both killed. ;x
Yeah, I was going to say something about that. I knew you were a Boss that game and that Sem told you everything Shiny knew, but then you died before you could use all that information because nobody trusted Sem. xD

I think Petey should change all the votes for Katie in that game to Chad, because nobody fact-checks around here. :V

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Let's not forget that when I smote that wench Demelza I also won that game for myself the townies in doing so. And I got them to kill the right person during the day! I killed two people! I'm amazing.

The Ultraviolence Award Red/Carmen
The Phoenix Wright Award Sho, but he never survives long enough.
The Going With Style Award Katie and I's double death.
The PINGAS Award Petey for lack of Game 5 recap.
The Facepalm Award Game 1 townies for letting that tool Brendan walk all over us. Let's forget that I was the sole survivor...

The Bromance Award Belle and Demz
The Hatefic Award Me/Katie. Nothing beats it ever.

The Super Sleuth Award Tan.
The Highly Explosive Award Shout out to Alex~
The Got Religion Award Carmen for smiting Katie. Or me.
The Yoink! Award Katie
The Betrayal Award Me for never ever being a team player ♥

The Corleone Award Game 1 mafiosos
The Innocent Bystander Award Game 2 townies.

The Hippocratic Oath Award should totally not go to me. It should go to whoever actually saved someone. Did that happen?

Why is there no best Game Master award? ;-DDDD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
The Corleone Award for the Best Mafia Team: Sho and Zekrom, game VI.

New nomination! :)
I second this. And this time a Mafia family won because they were superior, and not because Sem killed Townies at random. :p

Even though I've only been in the Mafia game that just recently ended, I've read through the older ones a bit, so I'll nominate for those I can.

The Ultraviolence Award- I'd say Katie for using her holy lightning on RX.
The Phoenix Wright Award- Shocari, as he is one of the best at accusing people.
The Going With Style Award - Red. No question. After double-dying three times, twice in the same game, he undoubtedly gets this.
The PINGAS Award- I'd say this goes to Teapot, for all the reasons already mentioned.
The Facepalm Award- I think Shiny deserves this honor, although Blazi is a close second, so I'll put them both: Shiny/Blazi.

The Bromance Award- It would have to be Belle and Dem, as Dem gave lots of info to Belle, which she put into use.
The Hatefic Award- For me, this is Sho/Red.

The Super Sleuth Award- I'm going to have to say Tan here. He performed quite admirably as the Detective.
The Highly Explosive Award- El, for ending the game in such a magnificent way.
The Got Religion Award - Katie, for reasons already mentioned, but also Karu, for limited damage by resurrecting Red.
The Yoink! Award- Chad, for converting Shiny.
The Betrayal Award- Belle, irrefutably the best Double Agent in Game 3.

The Corleone Award- I have to nominate myself and Sho here. While Game 1's Mafia did excellent, almost no one even suspected us of being Mafia partners, and we both nearly made to the end, although I was killed the night before it ended, and Sho secured Mafia victory for us.
The Innocent Bystander Award- Game 2's townies, you guys did great stamping out the Mafia.

Linkachu said:
Shocari said:

This is true ^

Even though it's already been resolved.

Katie and Sem died early on because they were the lovers and Sem was the first target of every living thing in the area.

Anyway, nomination tiem:

The Ultraviolence Award: Red/Carmen
The Phoenix Wright Award: I, too, nominate Sho
The Going With Style Award: Red
The PINGAS Award: Sem, because why not? Or Petey for not incorporating the inactive rule
The Facepalm Award: Shiny

The Bromance Award: Belle and Dem
The Hatefic Award: Sem and Tan because it always makes me chuckle

The Super Sleuth Award: Tan
The Highly Explosive Award: Alex
The Got Religion Award: Sem for the smite in game 4
The Yoink! Award: Myself because my plan to give Shiny the mafia power was good, seeing as how she was a driving force in the townies ongoing discussion and /should/ have been able to win. Therefore I would have won vicariously through her. Even though it didn't turn out that way, I still think it was a good plan.
The Betrayal Award: Belle

The Corleone Award: Sho and Zekrom I haven't gotten to play the last few rounds, but I saw this and have to say they did make quite a good mafia team.
The Innocent Bystander Award: Round 4 Townies