• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokecharms Pokebattle Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, um, loooved this game. So I decided to revive it! here are the rules from Katie's original post, really. You use the POkemon that shows up in the top right Pokedex thing when you hit the reply button and whatnot :'D You'll now find your random Pokemon when you hover your mouse over the "PokeDex" tab at the top of the page.

* I shall start with whatever Pokemon is randomly displayed on my screen in the top right.
* The person who replies next posts whatever random Pokemon they have displayed at that moment (be honest or the point of this game kinda ceases to exist). If a Pokemon can be multiple-types (ie. Castform), point out which form/type it's displayed as.
* Those two Pokemon then battle in a simple rock-paper-scissors way based on their types (ie. Water beats Fire, Fire beats Grass). Abilities are not taken into consideration (ie. Haunter will lose to a Ground-type).
* In the case that a clear, super effective winner can't be easily determined - examples: One or both of the Pokemon are dual-types and this causes type conflicts, both are the same type, or neither has a strength over the other - the currently reigning champion wins by default (think of it as a house wins sort of idea). However, an exception to this rule is the types that are super-effective against themselves - Dragon-types and Ghost-types. In these cases, the challenger wins.
* Pure Normal-types (Dual-type Normal Pokemon don't apply) are considered "wild cards" - they automatically beat whatever they face unless it's a Fighting-type or Ghost-type. However, a pure Normal-type can also be defeated by ANOTHER pure Normal-type - something to keep in mind.
* Since Sem pointed it out... Sableye/Spiritomb are BANNED for having no weaknesses. If you land on either, refresh and post the next displayed Pokeymanz.
* The Fun is seeing how long each Pokemon can survive and what sorts of random opponents they'll take down in the process. It's up to each of us to keep the game moving by saying which Pokemon moves on to the next 'round of battle, so play fairly and play right. If you're not sure if a match-up works, check out a type chart...Or admit defeat and lose by default. That works, too.
* If your Pokemon is the reigning champ, you can't post again until they lose to someone else (no battling your own Pokemon :p).

Finally, make sure you actually use the sprites in your posts, or they'll be liable for being considered null and void.

See what I mean? Simple, pointless and spam-ish - just like the best of forum games :D

So so, I will begin~! AND THE CHALLENGER IS...

285.png
He's rather feisty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, why not?

A Shroomish, eh? Well, lets see how he fares against my...

489.png

PHIONE!! FEAR HER TINY BLUE WRATH!

Ooh, yes, this is tasty...

59.png
gets TOTALLY OWNED by
489.png

Who else wants to take a shot at me?!

I will assume by Blarg's post that a Seel has lost to the Phione. NOw lets see what shows up on the random POkedex to the top right ♥

86.png
is smushed by a passing
489.png

Ironically, I really did get the same as Blarg.

Rex

Resident Furry
105.png
fights long and hard, but also loses to
177.png

Natu isn't harmed by Ground, and Marowak takes normal damage from Psychic and Flying so... Yeah...

177.png
is brutally slaughtered by his own twin,
177.png

May he rest in piece(s).

I wish people would actually make their posts work...

280.png
(who was invisible beforehand, ninja Ralts) gets bugged by
313.png

A

Anonymous

478.png
freezes
431.png
into a kitty-sicle.

OH MY GOD that scared the life out of me D:

94.png
is going to eat you all.

Including that
478.png

I swear I've never seen that sprite before xD

Kerauno said:
126.png
burns the hell out of
94.png
Gengar would still be playing.

Tytannial said:
* In the case that a clear, super effective winner can't be easily determined - examples: One or both of the Pokemon are dual-types and this causes type conflicts, both are the same type, or neither has a strength over the other - the currently reigning champion wins by default (think of it as a house wins sort of idea). However, an exception to this rule is the types that are super-effective against themselves - Dragon-types and Ghost-types. In these cases, the challenger wins.

Anyway, since abilities aren't considered:

94.png
gets stomped on by
383.png

groundon gets soaked by
index.php

ps if you cant see it with i cant... its a Floatzel

Mankey is telekeneticly thrown down a cliff by Kirlia.
(Sorry I dont know how to put pics. I'm new. :-[)

Status
Not open for further replies.