• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Tale of the Locily Region

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon; you can call me Professor Laurel. Very few species of Pokemon were found native to the Locily Region -- instead, in the past several decades, many new species have been imported and bred as they've been discovered elsewhere! I've since come here to study their effects on the region's ecology, as well as to aide in the study of the Dynamax phenomenon discovered in Galar, and even Mega Evolutions, discovered in Kalos.

Though most Pokemon aren't native to the region, trainers are born tough here in the mountains of Locily! I'm seeking 3 to 5 strong-willed, talented individuals to aide me in my research across the region. As my assistants, you'll have access to not only a rare Pokemon, but to all corners of Locily itself. I'm sure the chance to challenge our 8 great Gym Leaders and qualify for our notorious Pokemon League will entice plenty of you to come along. If this message finds you well, come to my Lab in Foster Town, and we'll discuss things further in person.

A small, peninsular country with tall, dangerous mountains blocking off almost all access to the north, Locily is a beautiful mixture of windswept valleys , wide, green plains, and blue rivers. Mostly a pastural, farming folk, of late a large, international corporation has been sweeping its way through cities and small towns alike - RKT Corps, originating in Kanto but now based out of America, though expanding heavily into Locily.

There are a total of 12 towns and 5 major cities. In order the towns are: Foster, Cavehood, Entale, Yost, Lakelook, Drident, Wettle, Fastpot, Allador, Conchet, Postelm, Quinten. In order, the cities are: Mastport, Packold, Cormier, Crodd, West Cormier.

8 Gym Leaders are spread throughout, using these types, in order: Normal, Ground, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Electric, Fire, Psychic.

The Elite 4 are trainers who reached the final four in a Pokemon League Bracket. This includes the Champion from the previous year, and can include any of the Gym Leaders, were they to make it to that position. In the Pokemon League, even Gym Leaders can (and do) use more than 1 type of Pokemon.

If your character signs up to help the Professor, they'll be given a Pokemon. However, unlike most games, you'll also be allowed to start with one Pokemon, up to level 15.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age (anywhere from 10-16 let's say):
Hometown:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Pokemon (1 to start, up to lvl 15):

A good concept... I'm Down!

Name: Nathan
Age (anywhere from 10-16 let's say): 14
Hometown: Lumiose City
Appearance: White Hair, Blue Jacket, White tshirt, Green Jeans and black shoes
Personality: Funny, Friendly, Loves to Eat
Biography: Father dissappeared and his mother sent him here...
Pikachu
Lvl 15
Thunder Shock, Headbutt, Agility, Dig

Name: Clara FitzSimons
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Appearance: Clara stands at 4'7, with shoulder-length blonde hair with bangs and blue eyes. She wears a judging look on her face, though doesn't intend it. Clara dons a white tee covered by a light grey sweatshirt with a Pokeball pattern in white. She's also clad in black sweatpants as well as socks and sandals.
Personality: Being very energetic, Clara is not afraid to express her opinions and thoughts, but doesn't forcefully push it on others. She's overly protective of people she holds dearly, and they can count on her responsibility and optimism when they need cheering up. When she sets her mind on something she'll be determined until the very end. She can be overbearing when you first meet her, and later may be nosy and meddle in situations she shouldn't be.
Biography: Clara was born in Ecruteak and is the youngest member of her family. Despite being pampered for all of her life by her parents, she's ready and willing to go on a new adventure in the Locily Region, something her older siblings haven't. Spending all of her life with a tight-knit family, it'll definitely be hard making new adventures on her own. She received a Pokemon from her oldest brother, Christian, who wanted to give her something to take care of her and bond with all on her own.
Pokemon: She owns a level 5 Tyrogue named Mac she was given by Christian. It's very brash and fierce, but still warms to Clara.

A good concept... I'm Down!

Name: Nathan
Hometown: Lumiose City
Appearance: White Hair, Blue Jacket, White tshirt, Green Jeans and black shoes
Personality: Funny, Friendly, Loves to Eat
Biography: Father dissappeared and his mother sent him here...
Pikachu
Lvl 15
Thunder Shock, Headbutt, Agility, Dig

Name: Clara FitzSimons
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Appearance: Clara stands at 4'7, with shoulder-length blonde hair with bangs and blue eyes. She wears a judging look on her face, though doesn't intend it. Clara dons a white tee covered by a light grey sweatshirt with a Pokeball pattern in white. She's also clad in black sweatpants as well as socks and sandals.
Personality: Being very energetic, Clara is not afraid to express her opinions and thoughts, but doesn't forcefully push it on others. She's overly protective of people she holds dearly, and they can count on her responsibility and optimism when they need cheering up. When she sets her mind on something she'll be determined until the very end. She can be overbearing when you first meet her, and later may be nosy and meddle in situations she shouldn't be.
Biography: Clara was born in Ecruteak and is the youngest member of her family. Despite being pampered for all of her life by her parents, she's ready and willing to go on a new adventure in the Locily Region, something her older siblings haven't. Spending all of her life with a tight-knit family, it'll definitely be hard making new adventures on her own. She received a Pokemon from her oldest brother, Christian, who wanted to give her something to take care of her and bond with all on her own.
Pokemon: She owns a level 5 Tyrogue named Mac she was given by Christian. It's very brash and fierce, but still warms to Clara.

You're both accepted! Just gonna wait for a 3rd to join in and we'll get the party started. If others wanna join in later they can, but I think 3 is a good start lol

Character Sheet:
Name:
Isabelle Flores
Hometown: Vientown, Almia

Appearance:
As careful with her grooming as she with her Pokémon, the olive-skinned teenager keeps her silver spun hair tied in a neat pair of braided buns or loose in braided twintails. Usually seen wearing a kind smile that makes her gentle amber eyes sparkle brightly. Seemingly regardless of the weather and season, she wears practical and bulky outwear with plenty of pockets. As a side effect, possibly intended, Isabelle's nature-colored coats and wooloo sweaters hide much of her lithe and thin body. On the shorter side for her age, and not particularly intimidating.
Personality: She has a complex about her height and calling her a 'shortie' or some variant is usually the best way to make her pout – and harbor a lifelong grudge against you. Watch your back. While her manner is personable and softspoken, Isabelle reserves her warmest smiles for Pokémon that are hurt or distressed. For Isabelle, earning Gym Badges is a way to measure her ability, serving as milestones toward her goal of becoming a breeder rather than an end to themselves. An outdoors-woman at heart, Isabelle is never wholly comfortable inside cities and longs to put her feet on the ground. Though Isabelle is unaware of it, a fierceness creeps into her expressions whenever she feels the heart-pumping beat of battle.
Biography: Both of Isabelle's parents are Rangers active in Almia. Her hometown is small and with so few children her age, Isabelle spent a lot of time playing with the wild Pokémon wandering inside Vientown, especially as her parents' duties could take them away at irregular times. Despite Isabelle's upbringing, she wants a steadier life for herself, eventually, but still working with Pokémon her way. Before she settles down, however, Isabelle is eager to explore and learn as much as she can about drawing out the potential in her partners!

Pokemon:
Cura, Eevee, Lv 5
Ability:
Adaptability; Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Helping Hand, Wish
Cura is a lifelong friend, and entrusted to Isabelle by her parent's Partner Pokémon to help keep her safe. A task the bundle of energy takes seriously.

Firaga, Torchic, Lv 5
Ability:
Speed Boost; Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember
Isabelle's newest companion, only recently joining her adventure. Often cuddled up in his trainer's jacket where it is warmest.

Changed Cura's level from 15 -> 5, changing Quick Attack to Tackle.
Added Firaga.

Last edited:
Hey, so I haven't RP'ed on this site in a while, so I apologize if I do something wrong or dumb.

Name:
Andy Perry
Age (anywhere from 10-16 let's say): 13
Hometown: Aspertia City, Unova

Appearance: Andy is somewhat short, only being about 4'9". His normal eye colour is dark brown, but he often wears contact lenses to make his eyes appear bright blue. That can be similarly applied to his shaggy, shoulder-length hair, which has been dyed aqua blue with brown at the roots. Thankfully, his regular clothes are a lot less strange, consisting of some simple black leather jeans, brown boots and a navy blue sweater.
Personality: Andy's a pretty shy kid. He doesn't love to speak much, but he can have interesting things to say. He doesn't put himself out there due to a constant thought of being less useful than others, but his hair and eyes are made to put up a tough-kid façade. Andy often spends his time listening to heavy metal and getting lost in thought.
Biography: As a child, Andy Perry was always feeling pressure from his parents, for not going down the same career path as them. His parents were both very talented make-up artists, occasionally working on popular Pokéstar Studios films and gaining critical acclaim for their work on them. Andy, however, was more interested in expressing his passion through enduring plenty of long sprints and acrobatics. However, one day led to him outright snapping the bones in his right leg. Andy expected support, but was instead met with snark from his parents, saying that they knew something like this would happen. Once he recovered, the only thought he had was resentment for his parents, causing him to move out early on at only 12. He still can't quite run as much as he used to, due to a leg brace, but at least he isn't bound to a wheelchair.

Pokémon (1 to start, up to lvl 15): A level 5 Seedot, nicknamed Arno. It, much like Andy, isn't very good at fighting, but it gives Andy emotional support and vice versa.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Isabelle Flores
Hometown: Vientown, Almia

Appearance:
As careful with her grooming as she with her Pokémon, the olive-skinned teenager keeps her silver spun hair tied in a neat pair of braided buns or loose in braided twintails. Usually seen wearing a kind smile that makes her gentle amber eyes sparkle brightly. Seemingly regardless of the weather and season, she wears practical and bulky outwear with plenty of pockets. As a side effect, possibly intended, Isabelle's nature-colored coats and wooloo sweaters hide much of her lithe and thin body. On the shorter side for her age, and not particularly intimidating.
Personality: She has a complex about her height and calling her a 'shortie' or some variant is usually the best way to make her pout – and harbor a lifelong grudge against you. Watch your back. While her manner is personable and softspoken, Isabelle reserves her warmest smiles for Pokémon that are hurt or distressed. For Isabelle, earning Gym Badges is a way to measure her ability, serving as milestones toward her goal of becoming a breeder rather than an end to themselves. An outdoors-woman at heart, Isabelle is never wholly comfortable inside cities and longs to put her feet on the ground. Though Isabelle is unaware of it, a fierceness creeps into her expressions whenever she feels the heart-pumping beat of battle.
Biography: Both of Isabelle's parents are Rangers active in Almia. Her hometown is small and with so few children her age, Isabelle spent a lot of time playing with the wild Pokémon wandering inside Vientown, especially as her parents' duties could take them away at irregular times. Despite Isabelle's upbringing, she wants a steadier life for herself, eventually, but still working with Pokémon her way. Before she settles down, however, Isabelle is eager to explore and learn as much as she can about drawing out the potential in her partners!

Pokemon:

Cura, Eevee, Lv 15
Ability: Adaptability; Moves: Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Helping Hand, Wish
Cura is a lifelong friend, and entrusted to Isabelle by her parent's Partner Pokémon to help keep her safe. A task the bundle of energy takes seriously.

Hey, so I haven't RP'ed on this site in a while, so I apologize if I do something wrong or dumb.

Name:
Andy Perry
Hometown: Aspertia City, Unova

Appearance: Andy is somewhat short, only being about 4'9". His normal eye colour is dark brown, but he often wears contact lenses to make his eyes appear bright blue. That can be similarly applied to his shaggy, shoulder-length hair, which has been dyed aqua blue with brown at the roots. Thankfully, his regular clothes are a lot less strange, consisting of some simple black leather jeans, brown boots and a navy blue sweater.
Personality: Andy's a pretty shy kid. He doesn't love to speak much, but he can have interesting things to say. He doesn't put himself out there due to a constant thought of being less useful than others, but his hair and eyes are made to put up a tough-kid façade. Andy often spends his time listening to heavy metal and getting lost in thought.
Biography: As a child, Andy Perry was always feeling pressure from his parents, for not going down the same career path as them. His parents were both very talented make-up artists, occasionally working on popular Pokéstar Studios films and gaining critical acclaim for their work on them. Andy, however, was more interested in expressing his passion through enduring plenty of long sprints and acrobatics. However, one day led to him outright snapping the bones in his right leg. Andy expected support, but was instead met with snark from his parents, saying that they knew something like this would happen. Once he recovered, the only thought he had was resentment for his parents, causing him to move out early on at only 12. He still can't quite run as much as he used to, due to a leg brace, but at least he isn't bound to a wheelchair.

Pokémon (1 to start, up to lvl 15): A level 5 Seedot, nicknamed Arno. It, much like Andy, isn't very good at fighting, but it gives Andy emotional support and vice versa.

No need to apologize friend, you're off to a great start! Both of you are accepted. I'll write up the opening post later today! I'm gonna start all 4 of your characters on a cruise ship heading toward the region, since you're all from other places!

Double post, but!

@FireFly12 @Your-Friday-Filet @Stadium @ManyAchievables

The opening post is up! You're on a boat! https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-locily-tales.25740/ here is the thread

here is a picture to help better visualize Foster Town (based on Southern Italy's coast):
gettyimages-1152083012.jpg

and, here's some music that I think sets the mood a little bit:

They can be! Hadn't thought about it b/c I'm so used to Pokemon protags going it alone, but I don't see why not! The point is to have your OC's go off alone eventually, but to start, I think it's totally cool for their parents to be around a bit.

Just a warning that this idea I had is a bit unique, I understand if it's too much.
Name: Samuel ???
Hometown: Lumiose city
Appearance: Samuel has black hair, green eyes (edited) and a pale skin, he wears a black jacket, stone-washed jeans and a dark gray shirt with a strange symbol (symbol of Loki)
Personality: Samuel has this sort of "aura" (don't know how to describe it) that makes him forgettable by strangers, back in Kalos, he used it to go to private training clubs with Hel, his Absol. He is calculating but has a good heart and is a bit of a show off.
Biography: It is a known fact that people who go through Ultra Wormholes lose their memories. However, there are some rare cases where that doesn't happen, Samuel's father was one of them, He came from a planet simply known as "Earth". His unique fighting style caught the attention of Diantha, they got engaged and Samuel is the result of that bond.
Pokemon: Hel (Absol, lvl: 12)
  • Ability: Justified (edited)
  • Moveset: Bite, Quick Attack, Magic Coat, Leer (edited)

Last edited:
Just a warning that this idea I had is a bit unique, I understand if it's too much.
Name: Samuel ???
Hometown: Lumiose city
Appearance: Samuel has black hair, gray eyes and a pale skin, he wears a black jacket, stone-washed jeans and a dark gray shirt with a strange symbol (symbol of Loki)
Personality: Samuel has this sort of "aura" (don't know how to describe it) that makes him forgettable by strangers, back in Kalos, he used it to go to private training clubs with Hel, his Absol. He is calculating but has a good heart and is a bit of a show off.
Biography: It is a known fact that people who go through Ultra Wormholes lose their memories. However, there are some rare cases where that doesn't happen, Samuel's father was one of them, He came from a planet simply known as "Earth". His unique fighting style caught the attention of Diantha, they got engaged and Samuel is the result of that bond.
Pokemon: Hel (Absol, lvl: 12)
  • Ability: Super Luck
  • Moveset: Bite, Quick Attack, Magic Coat, Swords dance

so i'm all for some unique, weird stuff, and ultra wormholes are def things that Pokemon has introduced has exisiting; that said, i think we should take some time here, OOC to get a better idea of what this aura is like and what it will do eventually. i'm fine accepting it for now, but i think in a limited capacity -- say Samuel can't quite control it so it just happens sometimes, or some it just doesn't affect some strangers. and over time as we figure out where to go with it OOC, Samuel can get better at it IC. does that make sense?

other than that, im down for him being Diantha's kid but he's got big shoes to fill lol -- but it gives me an excuse to maybe bring some other Pokemon characters (champions?) in on the adventure here-and-there. so far i've been letting people rp their families, but i might have to take control of Diantha, just bc of the power level -- at least to start the RP.

and i know absol learns swords dance via TR and all, i just think the move-set might be a bit too good for the level. but i'm also open to discussion on this, lol

tl;dr -- accepted, but we gotta work out some stuff about the aura and wormhole along the way; Diantha strong and i might wanna write for her in RP to start; swords dance absol maybe too broken at beginning?

welcome to the Locily region!

I actually never though of Diantha appearing and really don't want to control another character. I never said he could control his aura, he just knows that he seems to fade from peoples mind, it would be too op if he could control it, maybe we could base it on how noteworthy he acted. For the Absol, I'll change Swords Dance for Leer.

I actually never though of Diantha appearing and really don't want to control another character. I never said he could control his aura, he just knows that he seems to fade from peoples mind, it would be too op if he could control it, maybe we could base it on how noteworthy he acted. For the Absol, I'll change Swords Dance for Leer.

I don't see why she wouldn't tbh, unless you don't want her to! Other than that, fair ya I guess I assumed he'd control it at some point just bc, idk why, usually people want to be able to at some point -- n i don't see why he couldn't, in the future! but there prob will be, at some point, people unaffected by the aura -- just a head's up

I don't see why she wouldn't tbh, unless you don't want her to! Other than that, fair ya I guess I assumed he'd control it at some point just bc, idk why, usually people want to be able to at some point -- n i don't see why he couldn't, in the future! but there prob will be, at some point, people unaffected by the aura -- just a head's up
I'm okay with that. But, anyways, If she appears it probably would be in a champion panel because, isn't it like a tradition for young trainers to start alone on a journey (Note: I don't really play female characters, so I don't really care if you want to take full control.)

For the most part, though we're kinda bucking tradition w that! At least heading to the Professor's Lab, one character has her family with her, and I assumed the OC's would go together. yall can split off after that, but at least to start, if Diantha like, wants to tag along to see her kid off on this journey, that's cool! Up to you though!

OOh I really like adventure RPs. Here's an OC I wanted to do for one RP but got locked before I could join
Name: Alice Sunstone
Hometown: Foster Town,
Appearance: 4'8" and light-skinned. Alice has bright fiery orange hair that she usually wears in pigtails and a dark blue bow behind her head. Her usual outfit consists of a white shirt with a pixel art dive ball with a dark blue jacket over that. The jacket has white highlights. she wears a matching dark blue skirt and white socks with dark turquoise sneakers.
Personality: Alice is very peppy and loves exploring. Her favorite activity is fishing and really likes water-type pokemon. She enjoys swimming and trying new things. Alice can be quite stubborn, and a little bit of a dummy. She's very friendly and likes meeting new people
Biography: Alice's parents passed away when she was very young so she spent her childhood in Foster Town. Living in a port town, she has grown to love the sea. Every free day she got she spent time at the docs. She spent every free second learning about sailing, swimming and fishing. She got her very first pokemon, Cherry after an incident of Alice saving her from a rampaging Sharpedo. The sharpedo bit her arm and left a large scar on it.
Pokemon (1 to start, up to LVL 15):
Species: Clauncher
Nickname: Cherry
Level: 15
Ability: Mega Launcher
Moves: Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Bubble, Icy Wind

OOh I really like adventure RPs. Here's an OC I wanted to do for one RP but got locked before I could join
Name: Alice Sunstone
Hometown: Foster Town,
Appearance: 4'8" and light-skinned. Alice has bright fiery orange hair that she usually wears in pigtails and a dark blue bow behind her head. Her usual outfit consists of a white shirt with a pixel art dive ball with a dark blue jacket over that. The jacket has white highlights. she wears a matching dark blue skirt and white socks with dark turquoise sneakers.
Personality: Alice is very peppy and loves exploring. Her favorite activity is fishing and really likes water-type pokemon. She enjoys swimming and trying new things. Alice can be quite stubborn, and a little bit of a dummy. She's very friendly and likes meeting new people
Biography: Alice's parents passed away when she was very young so she spent her childhood in Foster Town. Living in a port town, she has grown to love the sea. Every free day she got she spent time at the docs. She spent every free second learning about sailing, swimming and fishing. She got her very first pokemon, Cherry after an incident of Alice saving her from a rampaging Sharpedo. The sharpedo bit her arm and left a large scar on it.
Pokemon (1 to start, up to LVL 15):
Species: Clauncher
Nickname: Cherry
Level: 15
Ability: Mega Launcher
Moves: Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Bubble, Icy Wind

Looks good to me! Feel free to put up a post whenever!

and now we're just waiting on an intro post from @FireFly12 -- but tbh activity depending, we might move on without him lol

Last edited:
So I was generally going off of Gen 8 movesets but tbqh I think it's fine for an Umbreon to learn Toxic; however, I was planning on using a DnD-style random encounter to determine what types of Pokemon you'll run into in the wild, to best simulate the style of the games. There will be "static" encounters available, too -- and not to mention you'll be able to find out where certain encounters are, so if you really want a Pokemon you do what you do in the games to get one!

....don't worry I am not going to make you grind though, lol

Also considered going for an Umbreon. Eevees are flexible though, and have fond memories of Colosseum's Umbreon and Espeon tag team... hmm, was a while but never realized how much of a spikey boy Wes is. Edgier than a Porygon.

An idea could be to list a dozen or Pokemon we'd like to see and you sprinkle some them in the encounters where they make senses perhaps.

I was going to make a mono-dark team, but now I'm curious about the available mons

I'm going all out, for the most part. Gens 1-8 are in play, though I'm going to limit legendaries/mythics (or whatever they're called i always forget)/pseudo-legendaries, of course. I'm not limited by graphic requirements or publishing dates heheh.

Also considered going for an Umbreon. Eevees are flexible though, and have fond memories of Colosseum's Umbreon and Espeon tag team... hmm, was a while but never realized how much of a spikey boy Wes is. Edgier than a Porygon.

An idea could be to list a dozen or Pokemon we'd like to see and you sprinkle some them in the encounters where they make senses perhaps.

Incredible idea! Everyone! @FireFly12 @Your-Friday-Filet @Stadium @ManyAchievables @killerwolf9980 @Crystal1302 if you could list 12-15 Pokemon you're interested in for me in -- I'll do my best to make sure you have every chance to build the team you wanna build. This way I'll be able to work these 'mons around in random encounter tables to keep it fresh and interesting, without being restrictive (hopefully!)

(Happini)Chansey
Togepi
Budew
Combee
Miltank
Tyrunt
Mareep
Mareanie
Feebas
Nidoran♂♀
Munna
Purrloin
Bunneary
Larvesta

Don't expect all of them obviously, and, as a breeder, Isabelle is expected to care for a variety of Pokémon. But eager to see what core team she ultimately ends up with.

(Happini)Chansey
Togepi
Budew
Combee
Miltank
Tyrunt
Mareep
Mareanie
Feebas
Nidoran♂♀
Munna
Purrloin
Bunneary
Larvesta

Don't expect all of them obviously, and, as a breeder, Isabelle is expected to care for a variety of Pokémon. But eager to see what core team she ultimately ends up with.

I'll do my best not just to cater to the type of Pokemon you wanna use, but also the character you wanna play! Isabelle's a breeder, so she'll run into other breeders at certain points, etc. Maybe there can be some sorta arc centering around helping out a Day Care or some other care facility! Don't wanna just make it "go up this route, catch Pokemon, battle Gyms" you know?

OOOok Here's my list
  1. Salandit
  2. Spinda
  3. Galarian Farfetch'd
  4. Cramorant
  5. Wooper
  6. Carbink
  7. Larvesta
  8. Shuppet
  9. Carvannah
  10. Lotad
  11. Chinchou
  12. Ralts
  13. Spheal
You'll notice that there's mostly water types cus Alice really likes water types (if that wasn't obvious)

Awesome, thanks! And we still got a little bit of time, the ship isn't even docked yet lol. tho i think i'll write up that post soon, get things moving. tonight, tomorrow or something.

I'll do my best not just to cater to the type of Pokemon you wanna use, but also the character you wanna play! Isabelle's a breeder, so she'll run into other breeders at certain points, etc. Maybe there can be some sorta arc centering around helping out a Day Care or some other care facility! Don't wanna just make it "go up this route, catch Pokemon, battle Gyms" you know?
Tossed something quick together for a daycare-centered arc that I feel could work in Locily. Focusing on the themes of ecology and Pokémon you mentioned the Professor was researching.

A family of Zangoose have chased away the local Sevipers, upsetting the ecological balance in the region. This is especially disastrous as it happens in the middle of hatching season. Perhaps as a request from the Professor or the local officials our characters are roped into helping. First we're tasked with locating the abandoned nest and retrieve as many of the eggs as we can. With that solved, we potentially have a bunch of newly hatched Sevipers to care for. Though, they are supposed to be wild Pokémon, and the daycare staff might be overwhelmed enough as is even with our help. So, once things settle, off we go to find were the Sevipers are now to convince them to retrieve their babies. Perhaps at the end of this, we've bonded with one or more of the Sevipers, or one of the daycare Pokemon, and we have a new friends to travel with us.

Another scenario could involve a sudden flooding in a newly settled region. A bunch of Pokémon are displaced as they're not suited and unused to the quirks of the local Locily environment. We mount a rescue effort , fighting off some Water pokemon and other opportunists as we do our best for those left behind. Some Pokémon could be wounded and require that we care for them for a few days until they're healed and ready to go on their way. Eggs and such could also be left behind, and with no one able to identify the eggs we have to wait until they hatch and see where they should go.

We have a few gym badges under our belt and are starting to earn ourselves a reputation as capable trainers. As we arrive in [Name] Town, we are approached by the owner of the local daycare. Or the owner is a friend of the professor, with the latter letting the former know we'd be arriving. In any case, we're asked to show-off our Pokémon for the younger generation, perhaps even using a few of them so they can have taste of what trainer battles are like. Something more lighthearted and fun. And doesn't involve natural disasters.

Last edited:
All good suggestions! Will def take them into consideration, thanks! There's def still plenty of time between now and then though, hahaha. We still gotta get to the Professor's, pick out starters, and get going!

Bunch of variations you could go with, and I have no doubt my ideas could go through a few iterations before being workable in an RP. Like, I could see a Normal Gym leader running a Daycare, and using Pokémon like the Blissey, and Kanghaskan, or a Ditto as their ace. Or an aquaworld variant focusing on Water types and those who living near or close to beaches.

Actually, this is a bit of a spoiler but I don't think it affects anything it's just flavor: Professor Laurel used to be a really, *really* good trainer + Gym Leader and his ace Pokemon is Ditto, so you're really not far off hahaha. And yeah, actually the 1st Gym Leader is normal type for this sort of reason. You'll find out more though!

Hey, is this RP still open? I've got an OC that I've been working on, and she seems perfect for this!

Name: Macey Conners
Hometown: Stow-on-Side, Galar
Appearance: 5'2'' and almost pixie like, usually in a white T-shirt, pink leggings, and brown boots. Always has her brown hair pulled up into pigtails. Incredibly pale with hazel eyes. Has white full-moon style glasses.
66452DC5-E0E8-4AF2-9C05-5091556B7D55.png
Personality: Chaotic and Outgoing, she's not easily flustered. She loves to just have fun. Has a habit of seeking out the most introverted person in a group and just adopting them. Hydrophobic and an Arachnophobe.
Biography: She lives with her mom in Stow-on-Side, but spends her summers on the Ilse of Armor. She loves her island and spends ever summer exploring ever inch she can. She decided to head out on some new adventures and set off for Locily on a small charter boat, since her and her mom couldn't afford anything more.
Harpy the Rockruff (F)
Level: 8
Ability: Vital spirit
Moves: Sand Attack, Leer, Double team, and Tackle.

If I do get accepted, for my list of pokemon, just any dog pokemon (Bolthound, Houndoom, etc) because Macey has an obsession over them.

Last edited:
Hey, is this RP still open? I've got an OC that I've been working on, and she seems perfect for this!

Name: Macey Conners
Hometown: Stow-on-Side, Galar
Appearance: 5'2'' and almost pixie like, usually in a white T-shirt, pink leggings, and brown boots. Always has her brown hair pulled up into pigtails. Incredibly pale with hazel eyes. Has white full-moon style glasses.
Personality: Chaotic and Outgoing, she's not easily flustered. She loves to just have fun. Has a habit of seeking out the most introverted person in a group and just adopting them. Hydrophobic and an Arachnophobe.
Biography: She lives with her mom in Stow-on-Side, but spends her summers on the Ilse of Armor. She loves her island and spends ever summer exploring ever inch she can. She decided to head out on some new adventures and set off for Locily on a small charter boat, since her and her mom couldn't afford anything more.
Harpy the Rockruff (F)
Level: 8
Ability: Vital spirit
Moves: Sand Attack, Leer, Double team, and Tackle.

If I do get accepted, for my list of pokemon, just any dog pokemon (Bolthound, Houndoom, etc) because Macey has an obsession over them.

You're accepted, though for any people reading this thread in the future, I'm gonna cap off applications until further notice! Feel free to get a post in on the boat before it docks into the first town and y'all go to meet the Professor! I think I'm going to make that progression tomorrow, they day after at the latest (depending on peoples' activity!)

@Astrial Heads up the boat is pulling up to the docks, it's not there yet. Wanted to start everybody out in the same place and give them a chance to interact before arriving.

edit: i didn't finish reading your post before i made this; the point was kinda to have everyone on the same boat at the open. i never edited the [x] amount of trainers on the boat part of the post, but that's how many people were in the rp when i wrote it lol. but the reason is the same -- i want everyone in the same place to start, like sheep in a pen before i set you all free into the world. just makes it a lil easier for me to start