• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Togekiss Trouble

I'm looking for a good Togekiss moveset:

I was leaning towards a Special Attacker, any help is wanted so:

Togekiss@?
Straightforward sweeper or a mixed set of EVs
Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-?
-?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Its really your choice for the moves. The thing has a big move-pool that includes a lot of special moves.

-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-filler

Aura Sphere because its Aura Sphere, and it takes care of Ice-types and Rock-types sent out against you that could impede 'Kiss.
Air Slash for STAB purposes of course.
Shadow Ball for Ghost-types who could easily get in the way without a proper way to deal with them.
Fourth move's a whatever. Basically just stick on something that the rest of your team is lacking. Also, it should obviously be something that'll take advantage of Serene Grace. Water Pulse sticks out for its Confusion possibility. As do Psychic, Flamethrower... and Silver Wind... *hint**hint* Just get a few PP-Ups and you're set.

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I say if you're focusing on one stat you better take it to the max. If you can breed one with Nasty Plot, it should give your Special Attack a significant boost. Togetic also learns Ancient Power at level 33, which is a Special Attack that can raise all of your stats. TM 29 will teach it Psychic and TM 30 will teach it Shadow Ball, both of which are Special Attacks that may lower the target's Special Defense. You could also try Safeguard to prevent getting hit with a status effect that could slow you down.

Thanks guys. I was also thinking towards a status inflicting move. That right there is quite big too. Do you think T-Wave would help? It does have low speed for a sweeper. I Know that Aura Sphere and Air Slash hits everything for at least neutral damage.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Adding to what everyone else has said, I would build the entire moveset around "abusing" Serene Grace. I'm sure that I've battled Togetics in Pokemon XD that had movesets including Silver Wind and/or Ancientpower. Tri Attack is also bloody annoying on Togetic, though only available on the one from Pokemon XD.

I'll also point out that Serene Grace should double Air Slash's probability of causing the enemy to flinch.

So when I migrate my Togetic from XD to the DS & evolve it to Togekiss, it'll have the moveset:
1. Tri Attack - NORMAL, special - STAB, 40% chance of Burning, Paralysing or Freezing opponent /
Air Slash - FLYING, special - STAB, 60% chance of making the opponent flinch
2. Ancientpower - ROCK, special - 20% chance of raising all of Togekiss' stats /
Silver Wind - BUG, special - 20% chance of raising all of Togekiss' stats
3. Aura Sphere - FIGHTING, special - never miss & Super Effective against Ice and Rock types
4. Air Slash / Silver Wind if not already used /
Water Pulse - WATER, special - 40% chance of confusing opponent
Shadow Ball - GHOST, special - 40% chance of lowering opponent's Special Defense by 1 stage

I honestly don't see the point of wasting a slot with a status inflicting move when you have such a high probability of an ailment occurring by chance, although I suppose it's harder if you don't have Tri Attack available...

Thanks for posting this topic - I think I'm going to grab me a Togetic & get in on the Togekiss action!

Well, you could always rely on the 50% chance or paralysis if you don't get your flinch. It serves the moves well and it makes the other person your playing against think that you're hacking a little.