• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Too Much Pwnage? (Kecleon)

I have a couple kecleons and I plan on giving one of them the following moveset....the question is....Is it too much?

Skill Swap

Thunder Punch

Fire Punch

and (due to the lack of Water Punch) Water Pulse..

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Nice, but would this not be better?

Kecleon
Skill Swap
Flamethrower
Water Pulse
Thunderbolt

If you use them in that order, you will get Super effective hits from Water Pulse and T_Bolt

Yeah, my two cents

Add some attack stat based attacks. Kecleon's attack stat is generally higher isn't it?

I went Ice-beam
Flamethrower
Rockslide.

And if by some gods cursed miracle they survive that you are all set up to repeat the pattern.

Yeah, my two cents

Add some attack stat based attacks. Kecleon's attack stat is generally higher isn't it?

I went Ice-beam
Flamethrower
Rockslide.

And if by some gods cursed miracle they survive that you are all set up to repeat the pattern.
I would use earthquake rather than rockslide because then you get a super effective hit off of ice beam

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I would use earthquake rather than rockslide because then you get a super effective hit off of ice beam

Probably would help if Kecleon could actually learn EQ ;)

HP 60
Attack 90
Defense 70
SP Attack 60
SP Defense 120
Speed 40

Meangreen's right. Giving it offensive attacks would be more beneficial, though the power and accurary of Rock Slide leave a bit to be desired...

I haven't used Skill Swap before so I'm not 100% sure how it works. If you switch out, would Kecleon regain its original ability? If not, then I have an issue with this strategy. Unless you skill swapped again before you landed the KO, it'd only work for a single opponent (And that's considering that it doesn't KO you before you get the chance to set everything up). Makes it a bit pointless, doesn't it? Unless the whole purpose of the set is to take out key Pokemon in a kamikaze-ish way...

Well that's a change. I offer advice on a moveset and it actually has basis in reality, not just in my caffeine addled mind... Yay!

Rock still supers ice too remember.

I actually put some thought into it and came up with:
Skill Swap
Brick-Break
Aerial-Ace
Rockslide/Ancient Power

Gives you a total Attack based moveset that supers each time if used right.

Heh, it's funny how one thread can make a boring (to me) pokemon greatly more interesting.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Katie is right though, it is only useful for one pokemon. (If switching out does not change Kecleons ability back)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Water Pulse can be useful due to its confusion-inducing side-effect. The fact that it's the only water-type move that Kecleon can learn, not counting Rain Dance...

There are only a few moves that 'suck'. And even 'sucky' moves can be sometimes used effectively, all depending on the way they are used. >>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
awesome moveset! skill swap on a kekleon is possibly the only time it isn't useless...

I've seen other uses for it, but most of them were double-battle related (ie. using one of your Pokemon as a throw-away and skill swapping its ability with Slaking, leaving Slaking free to put the smack down on all who oppose it. I guess if you survived long enough you could technically skill swap again to stick Truant on one of the opponent's Pokemon, too...).

Norman managed to Skill Swap 2 times to give my Blaziken Truant along with Gardevoir who had traced Truant. Not sure what happened. I'm crappy with movesets but here goes.

This is an alternate and maybe less effective set.

Kecleon

Skill Swap or Shadow Ball
Faint Attack
Psybeam
Brick Break

When Kecleon skill swaps and attacks there is a super effective move to attack with. I think I may have used this once and I did pretty well. I tried to work with the fact that Kecleon's attack is higher.

I've seen other uses for it, but most of them were double-battle related (ie. using one of your Pokemon as a throw-away and skill swapping its ability with Slaking, leaving Slaking free to put the smack down on all who oppose it. I guess if you survived long enough you could technically skill swap again to stick Truant on one of the opponent's Pokemon, too...).

that is a pretty awesome idea, it takes a lot of leading up to though.