• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hola! I´m Nero. The point of this thread is very simple: You can post your top 5 games of any console you like, be it the Playstation 1, the Xbox 360, the GBA, etc. The rules are the next:

• Respect everyone´s opinions: Not everybody thinks the same, and that´s ok. If you don´t see any game you like in other peoples list, please respect their opinion and don´t insult them for not liking the same games as you
  • Please don´t argue about what console is best: As the name of the thread implies, this is about your favourite GAMES, not CONSOLES, so please keep that in mind

Besides that, you can do whatever you want. You want to tell about your favourite GBA AND PS2 games in the same thread? Well, go on ahead! You want to debate with other users about what games you think are the best? Well, you can as long as you keep rule number 1 in mind! The beauty in this is that everyone has different tastes, and maybe in this thread you will see some games you never heard of an that way you can expand your horizons and play new games!!!

For the 3DS:
5) Pokémon Ultra Moon.
It's Pokémon, duh. While I wouldn't say that any of the 3DS era of Pokémon games are god tier, Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun are probably my favorites. Alola is a fun region to explore and the game looks very calming, like any Pokémon game should. Also, this one's surprisingly really tough. Arguably the toughest in the franchise.

4) Tomodachi Life
I'm a simple man. I love Mii-based games. The downright strange situations and ideas you can come up with thanks to Tomodachi Life are incredible. Glad that it seems that Miis are making a comeback with the new Mario Golf and Miitopia Remake.

3) Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
I love the chibi artstyle of this game and it's a nice re-adaptation of A Link To The Past. The new mechanics from the wall walking are really fun to mess around with and it's, in my opinion, one of the best Zelda games ever. Apart from that, a simple story and solid gameplay.

2) Dragon Ball Fusions
Criminally underrated, in my opinion. Another game with a chibi kind of style, but fits even better here than with Link Between Worlds since this is an anime game. The gameplay is almost completely unique from any other DBZ game out there. The customization is great and the unique story is really fun. The balance gets a bit questionable at times but I'll always have a smile on my face when I play this game.

1) Miitopia
One of my favorite games of all time. I love every bit of this game, and I always will. I can't wait for the game to get even better with the Switch Remake.

I´m going to make a Top 5 GBA games. One of my favourite consoles of all time, one filled with tons and tons of classic games and hours of fun. Number 5 being the one I like the least from the top and number 1 being the one I like the most (although I love all the games from the list). Here goes! (Apologize in advance for my not-so-good English. I mainly speak spanish, so if there´s any mistake that´s the reason):

5. Metroid Fusion: We start the list with a banger. A Metroid game like no other. Although the linearity kinda beats the point of a metroidvania, the fear factor added to the game with the SA-X overcomes it´s flaws. Besides the linearity, this is still a Metroid game, so you will keep unlocking new weapons, armours and hidden upgrades along the way, with pretty cool and intimidating bosses too. Seriously, if you haven´t, play it.

metroid-fusion-game-boy-advance-nintendo-3ds-wii-u_312980.jpg
WiiUVC_MetroidFusion_02.bmp
0c7b504693da5c4474d8dfe06725878d.gif

4. The Legend of Zelda and The Minish Cap: This is, to this day, the only LoZ game I completed. It´s also one of the first games I ever completed 100%. MC has a lot charm. The dungeons, characters, enemies, and everything is super detailed and looks beatiful. It also has some interesting items that make exploring the different dungeon a lot of fun. Some cool mechanics like shrinking, which makes exploring the world of Hyrule pretty interesting and keeps things fresh. Oh, I almost forgot: Ganondorf is not the final boss in this game!
tumblr_2b5e0feb868879e86c929e0fbbce482b_3048be40_640.gif
CA275C2A2178264C9300D4BA45B886FCC9D52194
giphy.gif

3. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen: There´s 2 things that make LG a pretty important game for me: First, I love Pokémon a lot and the Kanto is a pretty cool region, and second: This was the first Pokémon AND GBA game I first ever played. So, I´m a bit nostalgic. I always come back to this game from time to time, trying to come up with new team compositions or doing a randomlocke run sometimes. When it comes to story, it´s really simple so don´t expect much. The most important thing of all it´s that FR and LG are huge upgrades on the first gen games, adding up the implementations made in Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire, with the brand new abilities, steel and dark types, new moves, a PokeDex more than double it´s original size and much more. One of the best Pokémon games in the whole franchise in my opinion.
starter.png
hqdefault.jpg
elite5.png

2. Megaman Zero (From 1 to 4): I can´t really choose only 1 of the 4 Megaman Zero games. Playing as Zero is one of the best experiences in the franchise. The combat is fresh, the level up mechanic is great, and every new game adds different weapons to keep things fresh. But for me the story is what sells this game. I believe it´s based 100 years after the X games, but that´s as far as I want to talk about it. I don´t want to spoil to you. Just do yourself a favor and play. this. games. now.
D_NQ_NP_818521-MLA41027435612_032020-O.jpg
latest

ph5.jpg

1. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow: AAAAAA I LOVE ARIA OF SORROW SO MUCH!!!! This is probably the most fun game I played on this console. Exploring Dracula´s Castle and discovering new rooms, items, weapons and armour along the way is always fun. You can also unlock new abilities like Simphony of the Night. But the cherry on top is the new "souls" mechanic Nintendo added in the game: For every enemy type you defeat, there´s a chance they drop their soul. You can then equip said soul to use new abilities in combat based on the enemy´s soul. Thereps 3 types of souls: Red Souls or Bullet Souls (They let Soma do an instantaneous attack at the cost of MP), Blue Souls or Guardian Souls (You can activate and deactive an ability, and they will drain your MP as long as they are activated) and Yellow Souls or Enchanted Souls (They give Soma a passive benefit without draining your MP). Oh, I almost forgot, the protagonist is Soma Cruz (my husband, I love him very very VERY much). The music is always good in Castlevania games, so there´s that. The sprites are pretty well detailed, and there´s a secret ending in here. This is without a doubt the best GBA game and the best Castlevania game for me. Play it. Now. *points gun at your back* Now.
1.jpg
450_1000.jpg
latest

Last edited: