• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Singles Type:Null and Synchronizers

I'm thinking of getting a shiny Type:Null to use competitively, but I need to ask a few questions first.

1. Would a Synchronizer work on it?
Of course, you need the correct nature. I want to run a bulky set on it, So I need to know if a Synchronzier would work or not.

2. The set I should use.
I'm still not a good enough player to develop my own sets yet, so for competitive use, I usually search up guides. I do know that I want to run a bulky set on it using evoilite.

The Evs I'm training I think will be:
256 Defense (Max)
256 Special Defense (Max)
*and the remaining invested in HP

Also, which Nature SHOULD I actually use?

But, I have absolutely no clue which moves I should run. If anyone could help it would appreciated.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
1, Apparently Synchronize does work on it, if Bulbapedia is to be believed. Best thing to do is test it yourself and find out, but I'd save before you do it.

2. Eviolite Type: Null wouldn't be too bad stat-wise, but in terms of moves there's really very little it has to offer beyond Thunder Wave. Swords Dance is OK but it has no way of getting around its awful Speed stat (Flame Charge doesn't count) and no way of healing itself (Rest absolutely doesn't count) or boosting its defenses. Honestly, Silvally getting Parting Shot is enough to outdo any benefit that a bulky Type: Null would provide, which is a shame really considering how good Null's stats would be for an Eviolite set, so I'd just evolve it and make the most of having more moves and a type you can change.

Eviolite Porygon 2 gets Recover though, has similar stats and the same type (sometimes, Conversion's a thing) as Null, so I guess you could use that instead and squint really hard so it looks like Type: Null or something.

Thanks! I'll still try to get a normal one with a good nature to at least test it. If it fails, there's still over 800 pokemon available to use.