• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ultra Sinnoh Adventure RP

Miel watched and listened in amusement as the pink-haired kid next to him pinpointed the martial art technique. He had no idea what it was, he just knew it was really cool to watch. Though, it definitely reminded him of his brothers, who all had some kind of experience in martial arts techniques. But never with swords, as it was pretty much a dying art and nobody had any use for swords nowadays - what with Pokemons being a thing (and to a very lesser extent, guns). He waited patiently for the blue-haired man to turn to him before talking.

Once the swordsman replied to him, it took Miel a second to think on it. Finally though, he figured it out. Since he had used TMs in the past that were rather fragile, he invested in the non-breakable version of those moves. "Since I'll be training my Pokemon so they may swap movesets for battles or contests, I'll need a few. I don't remember all of them at the top of my head, but I'd really like a Toxic and Flash, if they are the non-breakable kinds. By the way," he casually changed the topic to something else while they both waited. "With skill like that, it makes me wonder if I'm going to need to worry about a rival in the contests. Are you going to join the contest challenge?"

"Tents are definitely a basic necessity." Verity approaches a wall of them, bringing Stella with. "I have numbers down so I should..." She breathed a sigh of relief as she recognized the measurement unit abbreviation as well as the numbers. It was smaller than the main units of Sinnoh but still noticable. "If you want, we could share a two person tent so that we can get extra blankets. The cold is an awful feeling."

Verity didn't even think of what other implications could be in that statement. It was a matter of practicality. More people, more heat. Less money spent on this, more money elsewhere. Resource management was always a point of pride for her. "After that we can get a medium sized cooler with solar charging. That way we need not worry for ice or batrees." Verity obviously meant 'batteries, but pronounced it 'bat trees', visibly wincing after hearing herself.

"Aaah... I see, mhm," Stella paid attention as Verity explained. After Verity ended her explanation, Stella blushed a bit at Verity's proposal of sleeping in the same tent, and said: "Yes, of course, we can definitely sleep together, I mean, in the same tent, it'll be handy, like, I definitely want to, too" she fumbled around, flustered, blurting things out. "And, uh, cooler sounds cool," she was definitely dumb, yep. She barely registered Verity saying 'batrees', but thought maybe it was another pronunciation from where Verity was from, Pewter, right?

After only processing half of what Stella said, Verity grabbed the handle of the tent package and turned to her companion. "Together..? Did you want a double sleeping bag as well? We could get a heavier blanket instead of two regular ones in that case." She was well aware that Sinnoh had plenty of colder regions and the fall of night always meant temperature drops. The better the preparation, the less likely it would be that they'd face harsh consequences.

After making sure the tent was secure in her grasp, Verity went slightly down the aisle to the sleeping bags. "Huh. No fur or anything." It was a statement of slight surprise, even Pewter had fur and leather sleeping bags. These were all man made plastics and such.

"Y-yes... sure," Stella said, a bit timid. Frankly, she had never slept together with someone, and, well, she hadn't slept on a tent frequently either. On the one hand, this would be helpful, and she would love to sleep with Verity. But she also feared she'd be uncomfortable or, worse, she'd make Verity uncomfortable! She decided to take the leap anyways, and whatever happened, well, she'll bear with it. Daisy had told her Sinnoh could get pretty cold, especially in the north, so the extra heat would be appreciated. And, well... sleeping with your crush, of course.

"Mm? Should they have? Maybe there's another aisle for them? Or we can go check in some other place..." Stella said, now she didn't want to be frozen in the cold Sinnoh nights.

"Oh, that doesn't matter much, we can get one of these. It's simply strange to think of a place that has no..." Verity thought for a moment about what to say "Naturally sourced material." That's what leather, furs and suchlike had often been referred to when spoken about. "I... I can't actually read these labels, will you please find one that says 'double' and point it out to me?" She asks politely, although with a bit of shame.

Shinx, who knew what was coming next, climbed onto the top of Verity's head. She'd need that shoulder to sling the sleeping bag over. "After that we just need a solar cooler and food to fill it." Plain and simple. "Maybe water bottles would be a good idea. We can save them so I can filter river water and catch rain water."

"Ah, alright!" Stella said, worried no more. " Sure, let me check... if they're uncomfortable for you, though, we can just go and try another place, okay?" Stella said as she looked for double sleeping bags. There were single ones, then double ones on the left. "There," she pointed to those, there were brown, green, yellow, and red bags. "Any colour preference?"

Meanwhile, Dan was curiously touching some of the bags with the non-fur material. "Mhm," Stella looked around, "seems like food-related things are over there," she pointed to another aisle three aisles to the left.

"I don't care about the color unless you do." Verity says, looking at each of the doubles with Dan. "What do you think?" She asks him, prodding a few herself to be sure they didn't have damage from shipping. While she allowed Dan to continue investigating the sleeping bags, Verity pulls Stella closer by the hand to allow someone more room to walk by. "Sorry, Stell." She apologizes almost immediately, having completely forgotten to ask before pulling her.

Verity looked a bit nervous, "I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." She said with a furrowed brow.

Stella was about to answer when she felt herself being pulled closer by Verity. She was confused for a moment, looking back and forth, but it didn't really bother her. Dan seemed to be fixed on the yellow bag now.

"Eh? Ah, it's fine!" she said, waving her free hand back and forth in hopes of conveying that it really had been nothing. Then she pointed to Dan, "maybe we should get the yellow one..."

"Alright, multiuse TMs of Flash and Toxic." Robin said, and began to flick through his TM case. The swordsman pulled two discs from the case. The first one was a plain white color, and read HM05. Its case was a bit older, with some dust having accumulated on the outside of it. Robin brushed off the dust and checked to make sure the disc inside was still in good shape. It was, so he placed it beside him. The second disc was in a clear, purple case and read TM06. It appeared to be newer, or at least hadn't accumulated as much dust. Robin checked the disc to make sure there wasn't any marks or scratches, and placed it on the first white disc.

The swordsman paused, considering Miel's question.
"You know... I always thought the contests were interesting. A fantastic way to see unique Pokemon techniques, or more common Pokemon techniques utilized in a different manner then when battling. We didn't really have them back in Johto when I was growing up, and they looked to be a lot of fun. I might as well try them while I'm here in Sinnoh. Do they cost money to compete in?" Robin asked Miel.

Last edited:
After what seemed like forever to the little Zorua, Tony managed to find what he was after; a decently large tent that came with a nice sleeping bag. Tony took it from the shelf and looked at his Zorua, he tilted his head which was meant he wanted her to come along, and so she did, while a few children in the store wanted to give the cute Zorua a pat on the head, Tony's gloomy appearance seemed rather intimidating and he went to get his items paid for, afterwards, he and Zorua left the store and Tony went to put his newly acquired tent in his bag.

"Well, looks like we have everything we need, whaddya say we go and find a place to do some training? Who knows, maybe we can run in to another trainer to battle against." Tony asked as he looked down at Zorua who barked in excitement, she always enjoyed every chance on getting stronger and going all out against others. Tony simply looked on ahead and started to walk through the streets once more, this time he intended to find somewhere where Pokemon trainers tended to battle one another, worst case scenario, he just goes to train his Pokemon in the woods... which he likely planned to do either way.

Miel watched with some amount of interest when Robin pulled up HM05 Flash and TM06 Toxic. He remembered when they made Flash an HM and was it now a TM? He didn't remember the exact number, but it was interesting. He must have not had a newer TM for Flash. He did remember how difficult it was for a Pokemon to "unlearn" HMs, and he was hoping he had the know-how to get them to forget in exchange for another move. He remarked on HM with a chuckle. "Goodness, doesn't that bring me back?"

On the topic of contests, Miel listened with intrigue as Robin talked. So, he lived in Johto? That's cool. "Contests are really spectacular and I implore you to join them. They don't cost any money. They just need your Trainer ID for verification and then you'll be set. They give you a plaque for your Ribbons and then a suitcase for the clothes and effects you and your Pokemon may wear."

@Captain Cardboard

"They don't cost money, and they give you stuff for signing up? Wow!" Robin said. It did sound like a lot of fun, but the suitcase could be a problem. The plaque would likely fit into his backpack no problem, but a suitcase would be a pain in the neck to lug around. Perhaps he could mail it ahead of himself? Robin supposed he could figure it out when he came to it.

"Looks like you're in luck. I have a Kanto HM05, and a Unova TM06. Flash and Toxic respectively. The HM might be a little old, but I can assure you it still works. Though the HM part might make it a bit harder for your Pokemon to forget Flash, but there's a few skilled people out there that might be able to help with that. But it looks like you're already familiar with that." Robin said. "For the HM, it's 2500 Pokedollars. For Toxic, it'll be 20,000 Pokedollars. So your total would be 22,500 Pokedollars."

Laying the TM and HM in front of him, Robin brought the conversation back to contests.
"So where do you start with contests? Is it like Gyms where there's a contest facility in every town? Or are their tiers?" Robin asked.

@Darkmaster006

"Yellow it is! Like daffodils." Verity was attempting to wave away some of her own awkwardness before picking up the double sleeping bag. "A solar cooler and some food, then we're done." It always helped Verity stay on task to say out loud what needed to be done.

She approached the next aisle, reaching out and twining her fingers with Stellas before stopping and waiting for her to take the lead. This was a new place, she needed guidance.

"Yep!" Stella exclaimed, happy that Verity seemed to be in a good mood. "Mhm," Stella had no idea how a cooler worked... or what exactly it was, so she was glad to have Verity.

Stella felt Verity intertwine her fingers with hers, and was delighted at the gesture. She squeezed lightly and headed for... wherever the cooler section was. They went round and round, mostly since Stella had no idea where the coolers were... but she was enjoying the walk anyways. Finally, they found the coolers two aisles to the right. "There, coolers, you see that Verity?" she pointed at the sign at the entrance to the aisle.

Verity had been humming happily the entire time, not really paying too much attention to anything other than other patrons so she could observe the social etiquette. When she heard Stella's voice, Verity's attention turned to her before realizing that they had reached the aisle. "Good! Should be get a small one? Or something closer to medium size?"

Despite being somewhat skilled in food preservation, Verity did like the occasional cold meal straight from a cooler. It was a bit of a novelty, something she hadn't experienced until her move into modern society.

"Mmm," Stella pondered as she kept on holding Verity's hand firmly. She pointed at one, then at the other... she really had no idea which one was better... maybe a small one would be best, they didn't want to carry too many things, right? Or maybe then they'd need space on the cooler and they wouldn't have and it'd all be Stella's fault! "Soooo-honestly, I have no idea, so I'll let Verity the Expert decide," she flashed a smile as Dan stroked his fur on Verity's leg.

Verity squeezed Stella's hand slightly before surveying the coolers, taking one on the smaller side but not the smallest. When she needed her hand back, Verity slipped her hand out, keeping skin contact for a moment before steadying the cooler under her arm, offering her again free hand back to Stella before gazing down at Dan.

"You're so friendly!" She says happily, moving her leg slightly to pet the Pokemon.

Stella watched as her friend—how she'd made a friend so fast... that was beyond her!—chose one of the coolers. She didn't have a care in the world, she was sure Verity would choose the correct one. Their handholding was broken for a moment by the cooler... but Verity offered Stella her hand again, and, god, she could only oblige gladly! She took it again, softly.

"Reep, Mareep!" cried Dan, happy that he was being put onto the spotlight by Verity. Maybe it wasn't so bad.

"Well, that's a cooler for sure!" Duh, Stella. "Seems like it's not problem for you to carry it one-handed... that's amazing... uhm, do we need anything else?" Stella said, looking at Verity. "Ah, food, right?" The cooler was being held by Verity with one hand with the sleeping bag on top, did she not need help? Stella eyed them, and Verity's muscles, intrigued.

Verity's arm was flexing but not quite strained by the weight on one arm. "Yeah, I'll need my hand at that point, sadly," she said, very nonchalant. She hoped that 'sadly' was just in her head and hadn't actually slipped. The last thing Verity wanted was to think too familiarly before it was comfortable. Making new friends was always strange, especially since Verity's formative years were spent with the same people every day.

It's not a bad thing, just different! Verity assured herself mentally, subconsciously squeezing Stella's hand a bit before she started looking around at where the food aisles would be.

"Eh," Stella said, surprised. Had Verity already taken a liking to her? Or was she just delusional and jumping to conclusion? Either way, she'd definitely said sadly, so... "We can always hold hands, so don't even, like, uh, worry about it, okay?" she said, trying not to embarrass herself.

"And, uh, food, I think it must be this way," she said as she motioned for them to turn left. She, again, had no idea were the food was but, she was bound to find it soon and still look like she had it nailed, so, no worries there.