• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Vermillion City skyline at sunset

Hi!

So I wanted to put some colors on my wall at home, so I painted this today as the first piece in a series of three (or maybe four) and I thought I'd share it with you guys:

NRROeXR.jpg

It's a view of a possible Vermillion City skyline at sunset (kinda) as seen from perhaps a pier. The S.S. Anne is of course the ship to the left and Lt. Surge's Fearow is seen soaring through the sky. The sorta prominent building to the right is the now finished structure on the construction site. It's painted with water colors and the skyline is cut out of thin cardboard.

I think Vermillion City is my favourite city in the Pokémon games and it's much because of the music. I always love entering the city and when that wonderful tune that starts playing I feel like I'm home. So this is my humble homage to Vermillion City - I hope you enjoy it. =)

Last edited:
That is quite pretty. I like that it is pokemon artwork without alienating people that wouldnt know much about pokemon.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh wow, I think that's really beautiful! I love the skyline, and I love how nicely you've blended the watercolours. I also really like the story behind why you've painted it, it really adds that extra something. I really look forward to seeing any more of these you do if you do indeed make a series! :)

Thank you!

Jeydis: Yes, most people around me don't know about Pokémon, so I'm glad to hear they'll most likely be able to enjoy it as well.

Magpie: Thanks! I'll hopefully start painting the next one this week. I'll post it here when it's done. =)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie: Thanks! I'll hopefully start painting the next one this week. I'll post it here when it's done. =)

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing your other paintings in this series, too. This one here turned out amazingly gorgeous. ♥ Vermillion City isn't necessarily one of my top favourites but this painting lets me appreciate it a bit more than I previously did. I bet it looks even better seeing it with your own eyes, too. ^^

Linkachu: Thank you! I'm really happy to hear that. If I may ask, what are your favorite cities in the games?

I updated the first picture with more details. It looks more like a ship now. Anyway, here's the next one:

PTmUXgM.jpg

I did screw this one up at first, but I tried to make the best of it and I'm pretty happy with the result. I'm not gonna tell you what city it's from, you'll just have to guess. :p

Last edited: