• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to Resk U

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-popular-genre-discussion.22426/#post-854913

"You have been accepted to Reskin (reh-skin) University. As you know, the three classes necessary to be a successful hero include first aid, law, and of course, combat studies. Your dorms will only include a desk, a basic bed, an empty wardrobe, and complimentary water bottles and pens, so everything else you will need to bring. We're waiting for you!"

Matt turned off his phone after listening to the message. He had everything he wanted in his bags, he had his PC, Nintendo Switch, and PS4 along with his other streaming equipment, his collection of Funko Pop figures, and a few sets of clothes. "I'm gonna be paid for being a hero after this class." He said to himself.

Fumihiro slept in, so he didn't get to the e-mail until 3:47 pm. Even so, he didn't listen to the attached audio, he knew what to expect, so it would just waste his time. Four years of school just to fight people? What a pain. Still, he didn't have any better ideas for money, since he didn't want to be a clerk for the rest of his life.

Oliver slowly and reluctantly got out of bed, he didn't set an alarm for the night but instead woke up on instinct, as he went to his wardrobe to put on a fresh pair of clothes, he raised an eyebrow as he saw there were a lot less than he usually had only to remember that he packed his bag the night before. "Oliver! Breakfast!" A female voice called out from downstairs in a rather strict tone, Oliver sighed with slight annoyance. "Gimmie a sec, just getting dressed!" Oliver called back as he put his clothes on.

As he walked downstairs, he saw that his mother had prepared pancakes, something she usually doesn't bake unless it was a special occasion, and it seemed today qualified as such. "Hard to believe it's already happening..." Oliver said as he sat down while his mother set the plates down and joined her son at the table. "I know, feels like yesterday since you were still in high school." His mother said as she began to eat. "I still remember those drawings of your "dream costume."" She added with a light chuckle which caused Oliver to blush. "I thought I threw those away!" He said with clear embarrassment.

After a little argument with a lot of teasing with their breakfast, Oliver went to collect his bags and looked back at his mother. "Looks like this is it." Oliver said as he looked back at his mother who immediately pulled him in for a hug. "You've helped me even as a child, not just with chores, but you always came to comfort me. Now you're gonna go and learn to help so many other people, I know you'll make a fine hero." She said in a soft tone which made Oliver sigh and hug back. "You've always been a strong woman, mom. I'll make sure to be a hero you can be proud of." He said before he let go of her and kissed her cheek.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jake was bored he had listened to the message and already packed and prepared, he walked over to a bar attached to his ceiling and started doing pull ups, eventually he moved to doing pull ups by having two green chains come from his wrists and wrap around the bar, he then suspended himself from the and began to do several exercises while suspended off the floor.

Bordie finished listening to the message and was very excited, she could barely wait to get to Reskin and check out all the gorgeous chicks and chiseled studs. She was also excited to be going to school with her best friend, they had been at the same school since forever and she was happy that was still the case, she layed back on her bed and casually scrolled through her social media.

"Have you finished packing?" a loud, gruff voice shouted from across the lawn towards Lauren. The girl, who was hanging by her knees on an elevated bar opened her eyes to see the upside-down figure of her father she gave a firm nod before closing her eyes and going back to her hanging sit-ups. Lauren could hear her father grumble something about her being a weird kid as he returned inside, she finished her set of sit ups before flipping off of the metal bar and sighing. Unfortunately, she couldn't bring all of her workout equipment - so she was making the most of it while she still had it. "Do you want dinner or not, I'll just pack it away if you're not hungry." the man appeared once more, causing Lauren to nod briefly and follow after him.
"Are you sure you'll need all that?" Lauren's father asked her, gesturing to the three suitcases lined up at the door.
"I brought only the things I was most certain I would need." Lauren shrugged as she ate her dinner hurriedly, after that the dinner turned silent. Lauren had always wanted to be a hero, nobody is really sure why. She's trained daily for the last view years, and now she was going somewhere that was just one step away from her dream. But she wasn't nervous, not even excited. She didn't know what she felt, honestly she just wanted it to start already. Her father was a caring man, but he had trouble understanding Lauren- and since her mother passed away they father-daughter pair seemed to grow more and more distant. Honestly, it didn't seem to affect Lauren- her father just hoped sending her to Resk was a good idea. After eating, Lauren got up from the table and immediately walked back outside, her father sighed as he took her dish and washed it while watching her from the kitchen window. Lauren had moved onto working with her ability, popping off each of her finger tips and aiming them at a target pinned against the garden shed.

"Are you jealous?" Erik teased as he bounced around his older sister.
"Not even a little." the girl replied as she focused on her phone where she was reading on social media.
"Oh, come on- you gotta admit it's pretty cool. Once I'm a hero, I'm sure you'll be super popular." Erik grinned as he leaned over the couch and dropped his body, head first, next to his sister. The girl let out a dismissive huff as her gaze lifted from her screen to her younger brother's glowing expression.
"More like embarrassed." the girl teased as she stood up, "You're leaving tomorrow, right?" she added as she tucked her phone away and moved towards the TV to turn it on.
"Uhuh." Erik nodded, fixing his position on the couch.
"Excited?"
"Uhuh."
"Have you packed yet?" as soon as the words left the girl's lips, Erik's eyes grew wide. He grumbled a cuss before jumping up and racing down the hall followed by his sister telling him to watch his language. Erik's parents lived across the sea, so it was just him and his sister in the small apartment. His sister was 25, a psychology major at a nearby college- a college that Erik would've gone to if it offered a hero course. "Don't forget toiletries!" The older female reminded, chuckling as she heard a gasp from Erik's room.

Thomas had slept in rather late but only because he'd been up so early, falling asleep at around 10 am. His sleeping pattern was sporadic to say the least but now he had awoken to a rather pleasant message. He'd uncovered his phone from underneath his pillow and listened to audio with an ever growing smile. He launched out of bed, landing perfectly on his feet and dashing through the bungalow towards the living room. "I got in nana!" An older lady, who had been watching tv turned around to look at her adoptive son with a smile. "I knew you would" She arose from the sofa, pausing the program she'd been watching. "You feeling hungry?" Thomas nodded, turning towards the entrance of the kitchen before rapidly turning towards his room again. "Wait I gotta pack!" The older lady chuckled to herself a little, watching the teen run off to his room again and calling after him."It'll be ready in an hour alright!"

He was very excited. With amazing speed he burst into his room, jumping onto his bed and leaping off it after he grabbed his phone. There was already a suitcase on the floor, big and hefty. Thomas could very easily fit in it and on numerous occasions he had. His body was pumped full of adrenaline, his attention shattered due to his excitement. "Clothes! Laptop? Probably? Books maybe?" Thomas was in a good mood. He was proud of himself and couldn't wait.

Ariana Silver had woken up to the sound of a dog barking in the yard, and got dressed into a light green dress, and walked into the kitchen, sitting down on a nearby stool. She waited for breakfast.

Allie Silver had woken a little differently than her sister, unfortunately her brother's room is above her, and he was currently rehearsing for his band concert.

"Jacob Ivan!" Allie yelled into the ceiling, "I was trying to sleep here!"

After no response from her brother, Allie got dressed and headed down to eat breakfast.

"Hi, Ariana." Allie dragged to her seat.

"Did Jake wake you up again?" Ariana asked.

"Yes." Allie's head fell on the table.

"Breakfast's ready!" A female voice called out.

The two perked up when their mother placed their plates in front of them.

"You guys packed, fair warning, your grandfather's coming tomorrow to help you unpack, along with Devin and Jason." Their mother asked.

"Which one?" Both girls asked at once.

"My father." Their mother explained.

Both girls gulped, their mother's father, was Azrael, the Angel of Destruction. They hoped all would go well tomorrow. After they ate, they checked their stuff, and had it moved to the garage so it could be loaded into the truck. Ariana took her car, with Allie, to find some toiletries, and the last little things they needed to get. They arrived at the local store, and parked the car. The two get out of the car only for Ariana to suddenly be hugged from behind, making her blush.

"Ari, I heard you're leaving for college tomorrow." A male voice whispered.

"Damon?" Ariana asked.

She hadn't seen Damon in over a year, due to events unknown. Ariana was blushing intensely, as if her face was hit by tomatoes.

"What brings you here?" Damon asked.

"We're getting the last things before we leave." Ariana explained.

Damon let go, as he went back to his house. The two went into the store and got what they needed. They went home and got out of the car, taking everything with them.

"Alright, it's time to load the cars, we'll load Jake's truck in the morning." A male voice called out them.

The two girls, along with their other sister, Tina, their brother Jake, and their parents, started loading their stuff into their cars, and finished within the hour.

"Lunch will be in thirty minutes!" Their mother exclaimed.

The two girls went back in the house and sat down at the table. As expected, lunch came thirty minutes after, and they ate. Allie then got a text from several of her friends, saying goodbye as she was heading off to college the next day. At that moment, a large SUV pulled up.

"Grandpa?" Ariana asked.

"Definitely." Allie responded.

A man walked up to the door, and knocked. The door opened, revealing the two girls.

"It's been a long time, Ariana, Allie." The man explained.

The two greeted their grandfather, "How's life, with your occupation and all?"

What the town doesn't know, is their grandfather was the Angel of Destruction.

"I'm currently free for a little bit, so I'd come and visit you two, and help unpack." The Angel of Destruction, who was currently in human form, explained.

The three went back into the house, and both their parents were floored.

"Dad?" Their mother asked.

"Yes, it's me." The Angel of Destruction responded.

The family sat down and since everything was done for the day, they played a few games, to keep busy until dinner.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
(OOC: Sorry it took so long, something came up.)

The next day:

Matt was already awake when his alarm went off, last night he fell asleep early at his desk. Today was the day. He summoned an Uber as he made sure he had all his bags, and ran around his house once to look for anything he might need. He had everything, and was on the doorstep when his driver pulled up. He loaded everything into the trunk and backseat, and off they went.

As the campus came into view, Matt grinned. They pulled into a parking lot, unloaded, and went their separate ways. Matt wasn't sure if he forgot or just was never told- he didn't know where to go.

Fumihiro woke up early. The only bag that needed packed was the only bag he was taking. He packed essentials, as well as a laptop. Still pretty early, he started walking to the university.

Fumihiro saw another guy, but didn't engage in conversation, he just slipped behind a car, staring at the ground.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
An electronic-sounding alarm tone filled the large bedroom, awakening the girl in her bunk bed. Yawning, the teen stretched out, before sitting up.
As if on cue, a light whirring sound emanated from the wall closest to the exit of her bunk, revealing a square platform just in front of the exit. Kiara smiled slightly. This invention had been rather pointless, to say the least, but she couldn't deny how cool it was. If only her family thought the same way.
Standing up on her bunk - the high ceilings ensuring she didn't hit her head - she stepped onto the fenced platform, which instantly lowered her down to the ground. Once she stepped off, it went back up and disappeared into the wall.

After getting dressed and equipping various devices, she headed downstairs. No one was awake, thankfully. She hoped to get out of the house before her sibling woke up and heckled her as usual. She hastily began to make pancakes, her rush causing the breakfast to burn slightly. Cursing under her breath, she looked down at the burnt pancakes. Deciding that her power could be of use here, she pointed at it, closing her eyes-

A middle-aged woman entered the kitchen, glaring at the eighteen-year-old. "You know the rules. None of that bullcrap in the house," Kiara's mother snapped, staring down at the pancakes.
Kiara instantly stopped, averting her gaze. She couldn't wait to get out of this place. Her family had been chilly towards her since she was ten, and her power had revealed itself. They were resentful of her in general, even regarding things that had nothing to do with her abilities. All that had been made so much worse when she got accepted into Resk U.

Minutes later, the rest of her family had come downstairs. Kiara quietly ate at the counter while everyone else ate at the dining table.
"These suck, Kiara. Why can't you just cook like Mum?" her little brother chirped petulantly.
"They're just burnt around the edges," Kiara said meekly, earning glares from everyone sitting at the table.

After finishing, she got her bags, which she had packed the previous night. She put her backpack on her back, carrying her first suitcase by her side. She placed two strange devices on either side of her other rather large bag, typing something into a keypad on a controller. The bag began to float, powered by the devices, following her wherever she walked.

She glanced back at her family one more time. They were paying no attention to her at all. She turned around, opening the door and walking out. If everything went well, she'd never be back.

~

With the help of her hoverboard, she got to the school with ease, entering the parking lot. It felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, despite her heavy baggage. There were several people on campus already, but she didn't engage yet. She leaned against a nearby tree, her yellow and blue hair covering one of her eyes slightly.