• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Animal, or Creature would you like to see, as a Pokémon?

So I think I'll post on this thread again, just because I thought of another Pokemon...

I think it'd be amazing to see some kind of dachshund Pokemon. I know, there's a TON of dog Pokemon already(Rockruff is my favorite BY FAR, though XD), but there isn't one of this particular breed. Plus, I could see being combined with a worm or something for Ground-Normal typing. Like if it didn't have a tail or something. Idk, but I think it'd be a pretty darn cool design. XD

qlovers

Previously pæstella
@Lord Of Pain Here's some Ideas I think would be Cool:

1.Okapi. It should be a Ground and Dark type, since it's a Zebra and half horse, Zebras are quite Dark, they have Mohawks and dark stripes that look cool :3 It should be called Mokapi, sounds cute.

2. @Lord Of Pain I think a Red Panda would be a GREAT IDEA! Especially a Fire-Fighting type.It should be called. . .Crimpain (Crimson (For blood and Pain, because blood is pain) Eh, I should think of better names. . .

3. A normal-ground type Fossa would be good.Fossalis is a good name :).

4. @the-mirrors-wish I love that Idea.It could be named Mapleoth (Maple-Oth)

5. Chimera, please? It could be Poison Fire type and the only Poison type Legendary.The name would be Chimmerarara

6. More Unicorns please?

7. I was thinking about a New Galactic type pokemon.And I thought a Pokemon like Nebby or Mew two would do.

8. Lynx please? It can Be Ice and Fighting type since its Wild cat also known as Bob-Cat, It can be called Rinkuice (Rinku-ice) coming from the Japanese word 'Rinkusu' which means Lynx.

9.Kappa.A Japanese mythical creature which can be a Legendary with 'Physic' type or 'Bug' it can be names Kappaoni
( Kapa-On-Ee)

I would love to see pokemon based off of greek legends. Like there are about 1000 unique creatures in the old stories. Some of my favorites are..
1. Minotaur
Type: Dark/fighting or normal

2. Kampe (I'm sure a lot of people have no idea what Kampe is)
Type: Poison/Dragon

3. Pegasus
Type: Flying (and maybe dragon)

4. Those steel bulls that king had( the king with the golden fleece, can't remember his name)
Type: Steel/Fire

5. Harpies
Type: Dark/Flying

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
Pink and grey galah.
Reason: they are so cute.

Kangaroo (I know we have kangaskhan)
Reason: make them more look like a kangaroo or a male version of kangaskahn

@Lord Of Pain Here's some Ideas I think would be Cool:

1.Okapi. It should be a Ground and Dark type, since it's a Zebra and half horse, Zebras are quite Dark, they have Mohawks and dark stripes that look cool :3 It should be called Mokapi, sounds cute.

2. @Lord Of Pain I think a Red Panda would be a GREAT IDEA! Especially a Fire-Fighting type.It should be called. . .Crimpain (Crimson (For blood and Pain, because blood is pain) Eh, I should think of better names. . .
3. A normal-ground type Fossa would be good.Fossalis is a good name :).

4. @the-mirrors-wish I love that Idea.It could be named Mapleoth (Maple-Oth)

5. Chimera, please? It could be Poison Fire type and the only Poison type Legendary.The name would be Chimmerarara

6. More Unicorns please?

7. I was thinking about a New Galactic type pokemon.And I thought a Pokemon like Nebby or Mew two would do.

8. Lynx please? It can Be Ice and Fighting type since its Wild cat also known as Bob-Cat, It can be called Rinkuice (Rinku-ice) coming from the Japanese word 'Rinkusu' which means Lynx.

9.Kappa.A Japanese mythical creature which can be a Legendary with 'Physic' type or 'Bug' it can be names Kappaoni
( Kapa-On-Ee)
(Spinda is part based off of a red panda)
(Shinx and it's line are based off of a Lynx but an ice version of them would be cool)
(Lombre and it's line are inspired by kappas)

I would truly be fascinated to see a Pokemon that takes inspiration from a Newfoundland pine marten. They are primarily found on the island of Newfoundland (which is where I am from) in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. They would be a remarkable fit for the world of Pokemon. Not only do they look irresistibly adorable, but they are also a threatened species.

The typing for the Newfoundland pine marten could be a normal/fighting type or a pure normal type.

Photograph Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/pine-marten-newfoundland-population-1.4017241

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
I'd love to see a roadrunner pokemon.
Yes, I'm aware of G.Zapdos, and while I really like the design (but not the typing. Why couldn't it be electric/fighting ;_;), but I mean a completely new pokemon, not a form.
They'd probably be flying (since roadrunners can actually fly), and maybe ground, since earth and road. Electric would be possible too, since they're fast.

Let's be honest though, if there ever is one, it'll be the regional flying/normal.

Spongzilla

Previously LizardWarrior
I would like to see any Australian animal like a kangaroo or wombat or platypus or giant spider.

they would probably be like mostly normal maybe normal-fighting for the kangaroo, normal-round for the wombat, normal-water or water-poison for the platypus bug-terrifying for the spider.

A creature or technically a monster I would like to see as a Pokémon is Frankenstein cause it would be really cool to have Pokémon based off of the universal movie monsters and the close’s we ever got to having a actual Frankenstein Pokémon is silvally and mewtwo. But sense I’m too impatient for Nintendo to make one I just made them myself. introducing silvalstein and draconian.
37BE269C-F273-4D32-AFF9-AE5635677E1D.jpeg
17AC23FF-BB29-4A45-B0C6-4523A3A2D3AD.jpeg