• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What does Pokémon super mystery dudgeon mean by this?

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
in the game, I was looking at moves to teach my pokemon and the one I play as in the towns and was my starter the whole game had a move that apparently can be used in the town and the village (forgot the exact wording) I let my Pokémon I was as learn it and I was moving around lively town trying to figure out how to use the move in the town like it said

How do I use attacks in village/town when the move/attack says it can be used in village/town

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
I think it was venoshock or poison powder but it is a poison move bulbasuar can learn or remember...

EDIT: I checked, it was not either of those, it was safeguard that said it could be used in towns

I’m not sure where you read that description, but Safeguard is a move that protects you and your allies from status conditions in Dungeons. I’m thinking maybe you misinterpreted some dialogue from the game or something.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
No, I read it properly, see for yourself and thunder, nature power and possibly some more moves said they could be used in town, I read the description on the TM and they said it could be used in town

Would you be able to provide some text/screenshots of this? I would pull out the game myself if I wasn’t currently 30 miles away from my 3ds.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
It says it on some TMs, if you have the game check them ( I noticed them on safeguard, nature power and Thunder, that's a few that I saw them on) I know the game doesn't mean the TM itself can be used in the town becouse the message that says the move can be used in town is only on some TMs but not all, I can't use a screenshot, if I find a picture or video I will show

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
R.i.p my 3ds :(

Okay I think it said that the TM was thunder/nature power/safeguard and the TM only can be used once and the move and be used in city and town

Nature Power does not come in the form of a TM in Super Mystery Dungeon. But anyways, I dusted off the game and looked through my Deposit Box and found the other two TM’s you mentioned. Both of them said the same thing:

Use it to teach the move [MOVE]. But it will disappear once it is used. You can’t use it to teach a Pokémon that has already learned the move or can’t learn the move.

As you can see, the description of TM’s in Super Mystery Dungeon don’t actually describe what the move does or say that it can be used in a town/village. This makes me very sure that you probably misinterpreted something the game said. Hope it helps :)

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
I am 100% sure they said that, is it possible my game was hacked? It was owned by someone else before me but I deleted their save, maybe they hacked the tms to be used in towns and the description is on my game (and nature power being a tm) were from the hacks the previous owner did? (I don't know the previous owner)

I’m sorry man, but unless you can provide more evidence or copy a description or two and put it here there’s not much I can do to help.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
27lgvqeoov.jpg
Evidence of the move able to be used in town and nature powers is Tm

https://i.quotev.com/img/q/u/18/12/19/27lgvqeoov.jpg

(Yes, the URL is safe)

You can use the TM in towns and villages, meaning you can select it as an item and teach it to a Pokémon while you are in Lively Town or somewhere else. The move itself cannot be used in a town, only in dungeons.