• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your N-Song?

we have all experienced
nos·tal·gia
näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
noun
noun: nostalgia
  1. a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
. most have a song that makes them remember. Makes them nostalgic. we all have at least 1 song that makes us nostalgic. it takes us back. whether it be the song played at an eventful day or you used to like song or how said song was released growing up! what is your Nostalgia song? or songs?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to Small Talk as this is where a thread to this sort belongs - not Creative Discussion. Read forum descriptions and think before you post, please!

Also the poll has been removed as it serves absolutely no purpose.

Incidentally, when starting a thread like this, it's a good idea to answer your own question. And don't forget to explain what the song means to you, or why it's your supposed nostalgia song. Without this sort of explanation, a thread like this has no real discussion value and is basically SPAM.

I don't really have a favourite nostalgic song, due to the fact I didn't find my "sound" (If you will indulge my pretentious use of quotation marks...apologies...) until I was well outta my childhood. I DO however have a least favourite nostalgic song: Hey Yah! by Outkast.

God knows there is alot I miss about the late 90's/early 00's. Classic pokémon cards were dirt cheap, I was too young and naive to know what the word terrorist even meant, and cartoon network was still pumping out classics.

However, if you offered me a trip in a time machine, and offered to take me back for even just for a day, I would turn it down without question. Such is the damage that song did to me, over about a 3 year period of it never being off the radio. In the car, in the street, in every restaurant in every café in London it seemed, Hey Yah! was playing.

Now I am a person with many an irrational dislike, its a failing I'll admit , but few things actually make me agitated just by their existence, and that song, for better or worse certainly takes me back to a time I both miss and resent.

(Remember the pictures of the kittens Pyjax, and just caaaaalmmm dowwwwnn)

I have two, actually.

The first is "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland. My mom tends to listen to a lot of country, and when this played over the radio when I was younger, I'd always sing along. It was just always my favorite song, and though I have other songs that have climbed to the top of my favorites, this one always has that special place in my heart.

The next one is "The Weekend Whip", also known as the LEGO Ninjago theme song. Ninjago has always been something that my family can sit down and watch together, since it's interesting and certainly not too violent--they're freaking LEGO people, for crying out loud(that said...Well, I won't spoil anything. ;))! The original theme song always makes me think back to when I was way younger and watched the show for the first time with my little brothers.

There's only one, and sure; it may be generic (especially for this site), but the original Lance theme gives me so much nostalgia. I started playing Pokemon when I was only 9 years old, and that ended up being my childhood. :1

Although...

My family's song (and the song that's been our thing for as long as I can remember) was Bohemian Rhapsody. That has to be the only song I would ever come close to singing in public, since I know and love it so much.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
For me, it's easily this:

This song was one I listened to as a teenager, and it wasn't until a few months ago that I remembered it and popped it onto YouTube for another listen. Everything about it just screams "retro."