• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What will become of Ash's Noibat?

I think some of you already knew that Ash has caught a Noibat. His Hawlucha found its egg, and brought it to Ash. When it hatched, there where some problems, but in the end of the episode, Ash caught it.

Now is the question, will Noibat stay in Ash's Kalos party, or will it be released? And if it stays, will it evolve into a Noivern or not?
What do you guys think?

Personnaly, I think Noibat will stay in his party, but I doubt that it will evolve, because Alexa already owns a Noivern. Would be strange if both of them had one. But you know what they say: everything is possible!

Well, Noibat came around to replace the dragon-shaped hole that Goodra left behind, so it's very possible that it will leave a similarly sized hole before long to reunite with its true family. Though to be honest, Ash is now on his way to his 7th badge, which is generally the point of no return for his roster. It's still a little ways off, since the 6th one has only just been earned, so there's time to boot Noibat and get a Bidoof to complete his team. However, even with Noibat, Ash is still at only five pokémon, so he needs to get a sixth one to finish off his team, which will most likely happen before Wulfric. So unless Ash calls back Charizard again, it's safe to say that Noibat is going to be a permanent resident on the Kalos roster.