• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What would you say when sending a Pokemon into battle?

So, some trainers say something other than just go, insert Pokemon here when they send something out. Like, I think I recall Paul from the Sinnoh anime saying "Stand-by for battle" or something like that. So, my question to you is, would you say something special upon sending a Pokemon out?

Okay! win this one and we can go and get cake!
Well, I'm getting cake, you can watch I guess...
Actually you'd better just stay outside, they probably wouldn't want you in the cake stor-oh wait the battles already over? I LOST?
Screw this I'm getting cake anyway....

I'd imagine (for me, at least) it would depend on the context.
For a friendly battle with virtually nothing at stake, it may be just the standard "<Name>, go!" or nothing at all, for that matter. Wherein a losing battle against—let's say an evil organization—might lead to more silence or just "<Name>, kick his ass!" Unfortunately, Pokémon aren't real so there's no real way to find out.

Last edited:
"You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" <.>

Jk, I'd probably say something more like, "Ya wanna dance, Bucky Jones?! Let's dance! Go, (Pokemon)!"

But then each Pokemon I would,send out, I would say a dancing style. Like, ""Slash them with your Salsa, Salazzale!" Or "Take 'em out with your Tango, Tangela!" Or "Gut them with your Gangdam Style, Girafarig!"

Before battle:
"Let's make this a battle worth remembering. Go, *insert Pokemon here*!"

"Hmph, this battle was over before it even began! I choose you *insert Pokemon here*!"

"Good luck, you're going to need it. *sends out Pokemon*"

After battle (win):
"Great battle, but it wasn't enough to beat me!"

"I knew it. You truly are a novice."

"Looks like luck wasn't enough for you to win."

After battle (lost):
"Amazing! You were able to defeat me! This'll definitely help me come up with a better strategy the next time we battle."

"I-it....it looks like you've bested me. I'm sorry."

"It looks like I was the one who needed luck for this battle."

I would choose something intimidating like:
*Pokémon Name*, give 'em hell!
Or
Omae wa mou shindeiru (you are already dead)
Something funny should be good too:
Fighting with you is like playing chess with a Pigeon (or Pidove :D). It will eventually knock off the pieces and poop on the board.

I have too many sayings, so I will start with a few at first. (Mainly because I have exclusive ones for my fan made Pokémon.)

When a Pokémon has high HP:
“[Pokémon Name] show them what you’re made of!”

When a Pokémon has moderate HP:
“Don’t let up! Give it your all [Pokémon Name]!”

When a Pokémon has critical HP:
“Be careful [Pokémon Name]! Stay calm and run around if you must!”

If sending out Todoclor:
“Never fear, the medic is here! Let’s go practice medicine Todoclor!”

If sending out Toiroca:
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Toiroca will most certainly break your’s!”

If battling against Nucador (First Encounter):
“Woah... the little one is already upset! Don’t get too close [Pokémon Name]!”

If battling against Nucador (Second Encounter):
“Alright, he’s back for round two! [Pokémon Name] avoid his attacks and attack his core!”

It'd probably depend on the pokemons type like:
"Lets win this with some awesome ice [pokemon name]!"If it was a ice type.
"Leaf blade wins before a battle starts,you'll never beat me and [pokemon name]!"If it was a grass type.
"Electricity will win!Go [pokemon name]!"For a electric type pokemon.
and so on and so forth.

I would say "let's do this [insert pokemon's name]
Then jump in the air this while throwing my pokeball.
tumblr_oyl9zqbsar1udfmeqo4_500.gif