• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favorite underrated movie?

There are a lot of great movies out there but sadly a lot of great movies are underrated and no one really talks about them. Well I want to talk about them and I would love to hear about what's your favorite underrated movie is. I guess I could start and say my favorite underrated movie is Treasure Planet by Disney. I've only meet 2 or 3 people who seen this movie. So please tell me about your favorite underrated movie I would love to hear about it.

Last edited:
Personally, I think mine would have to be Annie: a royal adventure. The only people besides my family whose seen it is my best friend who watched it because I asked her to.

Underworld and its sequel Underworld:evolution...i dont see all the hate...its a movie about vamps and werewolves (excuse me...lychans....)...so what its not very accurate concerning the original legends but that doesn't mean its bad by any means!

Thank You For Smoking. The most politically incorrect comedy that uses it's extreme wits in a not good way...as in glorifying smoking due to the main character's occupation. It is one of my favorite films of all time, and it poses good questions about everyday life, and making fun of both sides.

The Scooby Doo live action movies. Well, the second one at least. There are a lot of clever jokes in that one, but I don't mind the first movie. How the Grinch Stole Christmas live action is funny too. And the first Surf's Up from Sony Animation. Probably the only movie by them that doesn't make me feel pain from watching it.

Last edited:
There are a lot of great movies out there but sadly a lot of great movies are underrated and no one really talks about them. Well I want to talk about them and I would love to hear about what's your favorite underrated movie is. I guess I could start and say my favorite underrated movie is Treasure Planet by Disney. I've only meet 2 or 3 people who seen this movie. So please tell me about your favorite underrated movie I would love to hear about it.

I've seen Treasure Planet! I agree that it is super underrated and it's a shame because it's a pretty good movie.

I'd say a favourite of mine has to be Labyrinth, I've always loved that movie as a kid and still have a huge crush on The goblin king played by David bowie

The Secret of NIMH is one of my top 10 favourite animated movies, but barely anyone I know in real life or online has seen it.
It's a great watch, though a bit dark for a children's movie, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes animation.

I think Kubo and the Two Strings and Cloud Atlas are underrated as well.
Cloud Atlas has a fairly long run time (over 2 hours, I think?) and complex plot, so it may not appeal to everyone, but I found it to be a very interesting movie.
Kubo is just amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has not yet seen it.

I also agree that Treasure Planet is criminally underrated. Definitely one of my favourite Disney films.

Last edited:
Despite having a bit of a cult classic status, one of my favorite films is criminally underappreciated and not known to a lot of people, as far as I can tell. The 1985 film Clue (yes, it is based on the board game) is a fantastic comedy-mystery-thriller that is filled with great one-liners and snappy comebacks. The actors have a lot of fun in their roles, even improvising lines a few times to great success, and they play off of each other well!

As I mentioned earlier, this movie is based off of the board game, and it cleverly tries to weave many elements of the game into a believable narrative that mostly works.

The mystery is also clever, with three different endings that each explain who the murderer is, and all of them work, even if a few plot holes arise from certain lines and events that make little to no sense in certain endings.

Overall, it is a fantastic film with fun characters, a suspenseful mystery, and amusing, if cheesy, dialogue that intelligently uses the board game elements in a way that seems fairly realistic. I highly recommend it.

I´ll go with the Tim Burton movies. I haven´t heard a lot of people talk about them, so I don´t know if they are famous or not. TB´s movies are awesome, and I love their dark tone.