• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your WiFi competitive battling status?

What's your WiFi competitive battling status for Gen 5?

• I only have teams raised for VGC 2011/2012

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I'm happy to train new Pokemon for any tourney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain in topic)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I currently have no interest in Gen 5 competitive

• I'm still interested in competitive but lack spare/prep time

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I only have teams raised for VGC 2011/2012

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I'm happy to train new Pokemon for any tourney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain in topic)

• I currently have no interest in Gen 5 competitive

• I'm still interested in competitive but lack spare/prep time

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Because it's clear that WiFi battling has been incredibly quiet around here since the jump from Gen 4 to Gen 5, I wanted to touch base with you guys to figure out where you currently stand regarding WiFi competitive battling within the 5th Gen.

Drop me a vote in the poll, and feel free to given a written answer if you choose "Other" or would simply like to discuss things a bit more.

But for the record, if you vote for the first option imma gonna kick your butt towards KoL's current tournament. :p

Much thanks guys. ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I only have two teams on my current game file, one for VGC11 (which I no longer use for obvious reasons) and one for VGC12 (which I use instead now.) I don't have a singles team on the file yet since B/W Wi-Fi is currently useless for singles battles.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I guess I'll comment too. I'm still interested in taking part in tournaments, but I currently don't have a proper Gen 5 team raised for anything (may it be Doubles, Singles, VGC, or even Little Cup). I'm really not sure when I'd find the time and/or energy for the necessary prep work either.

I'm still considering this Dream World tournament. Any Pokemon I use for it will likely suck, but what the hey, eh? I just don't want to officially sign up yet by chance that I can't make good with a team.

I guess my problem is actually getting up the effort to train a Gen V team ingame because I'm certainly interested. I have the means to do it, but for some reason, EV training in Gen V just seems daunting. This summer is pretty busy for me what with working and volunteering and other random stuff, but I'm sure I can get something together.

On another note, I'd like to join the Dream World Tournament, but I despise Dream World so much. It's killing my motivation to sign up.

All I have is my old Gen IV stuff, around 20-25 EV trained Pokemon. Some of them have been transferred to White, some not.

I don't -really- have the time to train any more, though stuff on POnline is fine.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Still interested, just sadly completely lacking the time. I have my VGC12 Team, and my usually singles team has been Gen V upgraded, aside from one or two bits that need changing, but as for training up a new team I currently just don't have the time available to me. Of course, if that changes I'll be on the DW tourney like a shot, but I can't sign up until I know I'll have time. The Dream World is generally an ass to me anyway <<

At the time of posting I only play doubles (being awesome at it is just a happy accident).

But if people want to convince me that singles are worth playing in then try your best :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
NidoRich said:
At the time of posting I only play doubles (being awesome at it is just a happy accident).

I saw your team on PW. That ain't an accident.

I think that the whole chore of breeding and EVing your Pokemen is redundant when you have tools like Pokemon Online and Shoddy Battle.

I guess I would be up for it. I still dont know much about the meta but I guess I can just play it by ear because some things dont change.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Seeing as I know nothing about the Gen V metagame I'm currently "not interested". I have a month left of school, which means finals and other stuff to prepare for. So I won't have any time to breed and train a team.

I currently have about a dozen EV'd Pokemon on White, but no real proper team. Though I do believe I made a doubles team for the failed League, or something, that we never ended up doing a while back.

I'll most likely get back into the metagame during the summer, but at the moment I'm not really taking part in any of it (plus I really don't feel like dealing with the Dream World crap to get some Pokemon I want).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the replies so far guys, and anyone who hasn't commented yet - keep 'em coming. :)

As things currently stand I'm guessing that it's not really worth us attempting to run the summer league this year though, unless we want to do Little Cup or PO again or something.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The winter league WAS the summer league. It just ended up being postponed by half a year.

I might as well scrap the DW tournament since I did overlook the slight issue of the Dream World being a useless pile of shit.

Since we're here, what do you guys want for your next tournament? (Also when would you like it to take place, that helps too?)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
The winter league WAS the summer league. It just ended up being postponed by half a year.

It'd be more accurate to say that the Winter League was last year's Summer League though. I'm referring to the upcoming summer months, but I don't really see our low activity levels changing anytime soon. :x

Regarding potential tourneys: I'm up for another Little Cup. We haven't done Gen 5 Little Cup yet anyways. :)

King of Lucario said:
NidoRich said:

I saw your team on PW. That ain't an accident.

I'll take that as a compliment KoL :)

I have gotten so much better since last year, just a pity there is a minority on PW who don't accept new players being marked down as 'good'.

#Controversial :o

I will be honest, I have lost interest in the battling scene as gen 5 just hasn't been anywhere near as fun as Gen 4 (and I have just lost my mojo lol). I am not sure if I would have the time to be honest but if I get some motivation then I would be up for it. The DW tournament is just not my thing but if there is a single tournament I may consider it as singles is where I used to shine even though I have done well in previous doubles tournaments.

I will check it over with KoL and see if he can give me the kick i may need otherwise I happy helping with admin and stuff.