• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

When it rains, it pours. (18+) Discussion

https://pokecharms.com/threads/when-it-rains-it-pours-18.16462/

Link to the original post.

Rules are on the original post

If anyone would enjoy a more thorough description, of the cerulean city in this universe, please let me know. I think it's very lack luster

Essentially the city is in a full scale riot. This is the day after the second major riot, which ended with most of the exits of the city being cut off from the rest of Kanto. Some parts of the city have been bombed out, others are burning, the rain unable to put out the massive amounts of gasoline fires, only spreading the slicks of oil and flame. Thankfully the nuclear powerplant remains protected by Pokemon, and armed guards. Any trespassers are shot at will with no warning. You can be a rich aristocrat, or a nobody. You can be a loner or work in a group with another survivor, or several. The plot is open, but the main goal is to escape the city alive. This is no easy matter.

Bios below please!

Name: Veronica "Ronnie" (Only to close friends) Everdale
Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova
Height: 5'9
Weight: 137 lbs
Hair: Hazel/Black, shoulder-length. Some of the ends tend to curl.
Eyes: Seafoam Blue, and Storm grey, create a moody tone to her facial features.
Clothing: fond of anything soft, and non abrasive, she often can be found wearing worn blue jeans (quite snug against her ample features) a crisp white tank top, and men's dress shirt over this. Occassionally wears a sweatshirt with the words "Roman" stitched into the back.
Identifying Marks: Tattoo on her neck, which reads "Count to 5"
Musculature: pretty strong for someone of her age, clearly works out a lot. She isn't huge by anymeans, but is visibly toned.
Personality: Veronica is a schizophrenic. Keep in mind, Schizo does not mean "Insane." She will not try to harm other characters, unless she feels really threatened or is very scared. Her Bisharp sees to her and makes sure she is alright with people, before allowing her to befriend them, in case she gets paranoid. For the most part she try's to act pretty lax, and her medication helps with the more disturbing and scary voices that sometimes talk to her. For the most part they are nice, and stay quiet. Occasionally she has an outburst telling them to shut up, but these are rare. (Also note, my character is bisexual, and the voices in her head tend to be quite lewd, no I will not describe this, but still she will be flushing or act embarrassed quite often. They will ask ridiculous stuff of Veronica, usually to try to get her too laugh, however never at appropriate times.
Skills: Veronica is physically fit, to make up for her mental health lacking, and is quite capable of subduing targets much larger than her. She is also quite adept at communicating with Pokemon, and befriending them after a certain period of time. She doesn't believe in poke balls, but she uses them for short periods of time to carry her group quickly. Veronica is quick, and agile as well, able to climb most objects fairly quickly. However if she does get hit, she tends to soften up and get tired very quickly. Thus making her a glasscannon.
Past: V had a abusive child hood, mother was an alchaholic, beat her and her siblings. She ran away at age 14 and started experimenting with drugs, and was inducted into a mental hospital after complaining about voices in her head. Later she was released at 16, however no places would take her in, afraid that she might murder someone due to her psychosis. She resorted to camping out under a bridge, night after night. This continued for almost a week until a rather lonely Bisharp, who had lost his pack of Pawniward, picked up the smaller, sleeping female and carried her off to his nest. When she awoke, she was in the arms of a rather large individual, who was warm and nice. The two formed a strong bond very quickly, and more of this snugly behavior continued, until the two were inseparable.
Family: Father - Dead / Mother - N/A / Siblings - N/A

Pokemon: Bisharp, (Bishop). Male.

Last edited:
(( If you're hesitant to bring a child character into the RP (I am actually 18, I swear), that's fine. I figured it might be controversial whenever I wrote it. If I got any facts wrong about the timeline of the RP, feel free to correct me. ))

Name:
Erin Wakefield
Hometown: Cerulean City, Kanto
Height: 5'3
Weight: 59 lbs
Hair: Rust-colored, fixed in a messy pixie-cut
Eyes: Teal
Clothing: She loves practical stuff more than prissy dresses, and owns a wardrobe that easily gets her confused as a boy. Since the riots have begun, Erin has been wearing worn, beige cargo pants, with a plain white shirt and an unbuttoned, purple plaid flannel top.
Identifying Marks: Several freckles on her face and shoulders
Musculature: Thin and lean- she isn't that strong, but her small, quick body makes up for it
Personality: Erin's always been stubborn since she was little, and was quick to get into trouble for attention. She's extremely brave, but reckless, and is not yet able to comprehend a lot of current events and her father's true nature. She is very idealistic, imagining the big picture rather than focusing on minor details. Her current alliance is with the rebels.
Skills: Her small body and youthful energy makes her quick, and able to hide in small spaces. Not long after the riots began, she found a video camera among a mostly-looted tech store, and has started using it to document the riot. She is bad at holding the camera still, but the quality is fine enough.
Past: Ever since she was little, Erin saw his routine: her dad would come home late at night from the nuclear plant, eat dinner, drink a few beers, sleep for four hours, and then go back to work again. His job controlled every aspect of his life. Any time that she spent with him was rare, but treasured. Meanwhile, her mom stayed at home, nagging her to death while her dad did all the hard work. It wasn't fair, not to mention that her mom was always fussing over her clothes and her hair- it didn't make any sense how she would always fuss when Erin got a bruise, but then she would wake up with all these weird bruises herself. Her mom was worrying about stupid things, while her dad slaved away. Sure, he screamed at her mom sometimes, but that was just because he was passionate. It wasn't his fault. It was his stupid job, taking him away all the time. She knew this, but she couldn't do anything about it. What could she do? At the time, she thought the only way to be powerful enough was to become a powerful trainer, but she wasn't supposed to get her first pokemon and leave for her journey for a few weeks (she was so excited- what starter to pick though?). But then, the protests began. They started somewhat peaceful at first, with people holding signs, screaming about dreams of a better future. Erin had joined them, writing messy signs of her own- wanting her father back. However, things started to get dangerous, real fast. At the middle of the night before the first big riot broke out, Erin found herself woken up in the middle of the night, her mom frantic. She was quickly dressed and pulled out the door, towards a safe house that a few her mom's friends constructed. They were walking through the street when they heard the first bomb crash. In the confusion and screams of small families starting to pile underground, Erin pulled free, and ran away towards the fires. How could all these people hide, and how could her mom be so cowardly to join them? This was the chance they've all been waiting for- the world could change. She would find her dad, sneak into the power plant, film everything that those stupid rich people were hiding in there, and show it to the world. Erin would change everything. She knew she could.
Family: Bill Wakefield (Father - Status Unknown), Norah Wakefield (Mother - Status Unknown)

Pokemon: Venonat (Nat) - Male - Befriended, but not yet caught- Was intending to take him along on her journey

Last edited:
Hey @soulonawing , I was going to invite you, but I forgot your name, sorry! And you don't have to be 18+ to join, and all character age groups are accepted. It was more so about the themes of the RP taking place. Like the part where it says "Her mother would wake up with bruises," implies abuse. And I love the details. Anything goes, as long as it follows the rules. Glad to have you on board Soul! Feel free to post, or if you'd like to wait for more people. ^^;

Hey @soulonawing , I was going to invite you, but I forgot your name, sorry! And you don't have to be 18+ to join, and all character age groups are accepted. It was more so about the themes of the RP taking place. Like the part where it says "Her mother would wake up with bruises," implies abuse. And I love the details. Anything goes, as long as it follows the rules. Glad to have you on board Soul! Feel free to post, or if you'd like to wait for more people. ^^;

Thank you! I have a small essay due tomorrow, so I won't post until I finish that.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker (Last name unknown)
Hometown: Canalave, Sinnoh
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Brown
Skills: Parker is a quick thinker. A strategist at heart Parker can make plans in an instant and inspects everything more closely than others. He also has lots of battle experience and knows his way around a fight, Pokémon or other.
Past: Parker knows nothing of his past, nothing about his family or friends, nothing about where he grew up, nothing about himself, all he knows is that he's gonna get out of this stupid city and save his Pokémon, whatever it takes. of course he wants to know about his past, but what's important right now is keeping him and his friends alive
Family: N/A (Admiral is the only living thing he considers family)
Pokémon: Male Emploeon (Admiral)

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Uh @Top_Smug_ could I have an actual backstory, before I accept you? The whole Amnesiac thing is way overdone...
Yeah, I can change it

Past: Parker was a mostly average kid, when he was growing up he had a few friends and his family was mostly normal, a mom, a dad, and a little sister. Parker was content with his life, it was simple and Parker liked it that way. However, there was something that Parker and his little sister didn't know about. Parker's parents had their own business, it gave their family everything they needed and without it the family would inevitably go into poverty, and this was the reality. At the moment his parent's business was flopping and they hadn't told their children. Parker's parents were out one night when a stranger approached them, the mystery man offered them 5 million dollars if they could kill both of their children. So they accepted. Parker was sitting at home with his little sister watching television like usual. Their parents came into the house, "Mommy! Daddy!" his little sister said as she ran to hug her parents. Just as she attached herself to her father's leg, he pulled out a massive handgun, 45 caliber, and shot her twice in the head. Parker's brain went into survival mode, he ignore what had just happened and lept off the couch. His mom took out another handgun and started firing. A bullet grazed his arm and he winced but he kept running, he jumped out of the first story window and ran across the street to the bridge in the middle of town. He lept off and pulled himself onto a boat. The boat's captain had sat there while he explained and took him to Kanto. While on the boat Parker had met a Piplup while they were docked getting supplies. He took the Piplup in and they had been best friends ever since.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Past (Again): Parker's parents were always kind of... off. His dad was always gone until very early in the morning, he would come home, sleep for a couple hours, and leave again. Because of this Parker never saw his dad very much, and Parker wasn't a stupid kid, he knew what his dad was doing and it was something he would rather not think about. On the other hand his mom was always home, she bossed him around and sometimes even beat him. With a flask in one hand and the television remote in the other his mom was the ruler of the house. One day while Parker was out under the bridge by the ocean like he usually was he found a Piplup, unconscious and seemingly injured float by. He scooped it up out of the water and sprinted to his house in the hopes that he could help the poor thing. When he went inside his mother immediately started screaming at him. "Why would you bring that disgusting thing into the house?" she boomed. Parker knew the Piplup wouldn't last long if he couldn't help it, so he decided that day that he would run away from home and his deadbeat parents and find a new life in Kanto. However, he wasn't expecting it to be like this.

Just because it's 18 plus, doesn't mean it has rules. I specifically state in the rules that no excess gore, or descriptions. CHILDREN are watching.

Um, I know tagged people have priority, but I hope you keep me in mind if you end up having a spot open! ^^ Please correct me if there's anything I can change.

Name: Cain Moore
Hometown: Cerulean City, Kanto
Height: 5'7
Weight: 133 lbs
Hair: Black, and long enough to cover much of his eyes and ears. He doesn't have enough money to get a proper haircut, so he usually lets it grow out until it gets annoying and he cuts it himself (though it's pretty obvious that the quality is poor).
Eyes: Gray/dark
Clothing: Can usually be seen wearing dark jeans and an oversized black hoodie. He has a chain accessory hanging from the front belt loop of his jeans to the back, possibly able to be used as a weapon if need be.
Identifying Marks: None that I can think of, at the moment.
Musculature: Fairly thin and slender, a build that's partly natural and partly from malnutrition.
Personality: He has a pretty sarcastic exterior and a problem with authority that often gets under people's skin and gets him into trouble more times than he can count, but he has a soft spot for children and Pokémon. He has a bit of a hard time with silence or awkward situations, and can seem rude with his lack of tact. He's distrustful, and prefers to fast-talk his way out of confrontations or flee rather than fight, especially if he's not absolutely sure of his chances, as he's not particularly adept at physical activity (in other words, he's a bit of a coward).
Skills: Being a local, he's familiar with the layout of the city and quite street-smart (I could be more specific on this, if you like) from his time on, well, the streets. He's not, however, particularly strong or fit, so he prefers to use non-physical methods of solving problems when he can.
Past: Cain's parents lost their well-paying jobs at Silph Co. when he was around six years old and had trouble finding work anywhere else, so they had to move to a different area of the city and accept low-wage work for which they were far overqualified. Cain, and later his younger sister, had to be raised in this area which was notorius for its crime, and Cain eventually joined one of the numerous "gangs" in the area just for protection. They didn't get up to much, mostly petty crime, as the majority of the members joined for safety in numbers like himself. One day when he was around fifteen, his sister became incredibly ill, and no doctor that they could find would see her for an affordable price. They tried to treat her themselves, but she died four months later. Out of anger and devastation, Cain began spending less and less time at home and more time with his "friends", before he stopped going home altogether. When the riots broke out, most of the members of their group joined in on the fray, but Cain is one of the few that is trying to keep a low profile.
Family: John Moore (Father, Unknown location), Lilah Moore (Mother, Unknown location), Mercedes Moore (Sister, 7 at time of death)

Pokemon: Mightyena, Female (named Mercy, in memory of his sister). Cain found her as a Poochyena shortly after he left home, packless and rooting through the garbage for food. He didn't have much of an intention of taking her with him, but he offered her some of his own food and she began following him. She became quite protective, and they've been inseparable ever since.

Last edited:
There wasn't any excess gore, it's not like I went into detail. I just said she got shot

I'm not sure whether I should get involved with this or not, but I will defend @_Umbreon_ in the fact that was a little excessive- just not in the most direct way. While the violence in the first post wasn't extremely detailed or anything, the actions inside it didn't really contribute much to your character. There is no describing how Parker evolved from the first situation, or how it affected his goals later on. Also, why were they paid to kill the children? And why would the parents go through with it, if it was such an average home? Wouldn't there be any signs of extreme trauma from having your sister killed before your eyes? Unless you could better describe what led up to the assault, and the consequences of it, it just seems unnecessary- like some excuse to have bloodshed and gore. Remember, unnecessary violence falls under excessive violence. Now, your second backstory makes more logical sense. Trying to "find a new (better) life" is a good ambition, but the description itself could still be more detailed. Did he grow up in a poor neighborhood? Was he surrounded by bad influence? What made him decide that being a trainer would lead to a better life? I'm not trying to tell you how you should write or change your character- I'm not some godlike writer or anything- I just want to get the point across that your background has the potential for development.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
I'm not sure whether I should get involved with this or not, but I will defend @_Umbreon_ in the fact that was a little excessive- just not in the most direct way. While the violence in the first post wasn't extremely detailed or anything, the actions inside it didn't really contribute much to your character. There is no describing how Parker evolved from the first situation, or how it affected his goals later on. Also, why were they paid to kill the children? And why would the parents go through with it, if it was such an average home? Wouldn't there be any signs of extreme trauma from having your sister killed before your eyes? Unless you could better describe what led up to the assault, and the consequences of it, it just seems unnecessary- like some excuse to have bloodshed and gore. Now, your second backstory makes more logical sense. Trying to "find a new (better) life" is a good ambition, but the description itself could still be more detailed. Did he grow up in a poor neighborhood? Was he surrounded by bad influence? What made him decide that being a trainer would lead to a better life? I'm not trying to tell you how you should write or change your character- I'm not some godlike writer or anything- I just want to get the point across that your background has the potential for development.
I planned on going into detail about the whole kill the children for money thing in the actual RP, but I actually like my second backstory a whole lot more and I wrote the whole thing in like 3 minutes so it was all live from my brain, which is probably why it wasn't very detailed. I guess that becoming a trainer and going through the gym challenge would end up in fame and fortune and therefore a better life. Thinking about it now it could be cool to see him go from cocky and selfish to someone who really cares for those around him.

Accepted @DragonFlye ! Welcome! Top smug, would you please rewrite your bio? I know it may seem rather demanding of me, but I want this RP to stick around for a while, rather then die off due to annoying charcaracter's or lack of interest. Sorry for the I convince.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker (Last name unknown)
Hometown: Canalave, Sinnoh
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Brown
Skills: Parker is a quick thinker. A strategist at heart Parker can make plans in an instant and inspects everything more closely than others. He also has lots of battle experience and knows his way around a fight, Pokémon or other.
Past: Parker was the best battler in Canalave and he knew it, he was so good in fact that he ended up getting all of the Sinnoh badges and placing top 4 in the Sinnoh Pokémon League tournament. After the Sinnoh League Parker set off to get all of the badges in Kanto and Johto, while he was in Cerulean city getting his 2nd Kanto badge riots broke out and people rampaged through the city.
Family: All deceased
Pokémon: Admiral-Male Empoleon (Metal Claw, Waterfall, Swords Dance, Aqua Jet)
Gamma-Porygon-Z (Tri-Attack, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Psychic)
Crystal-Female Frosslass (Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Reflect, Ice Shard)

Top Smug, I like to know that way I can plan how future interactions work. And it's my thread. So either follow the rules like everyone else, or please leave. Sorry if I'm being an ass, but it bothers me a little.

Ah, I apologize for the NPC usage :'| I'm not intending to keep him around, it's just the best way I thought I could characterize a bit and throw in some conflict. I posted, though.

Name: Elisabeth “Lis” Fifer
Hometown: Lacunosa Town, Unova
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 119 lbs
Hair: A bright, smooth shade of silver. The roots start out dark, but quickly blend into the shimmery color. It falls to her mid-back, but it's tied into two, cute and loose braids.
Eyes: An icy, sort of snowflake color. Flecks of grey and deep blues are scattered in the irises.
Clothing: A light, baby-blue sweater. It's thin and soft. On the left wrist of the long sleeve is three small, black stars. Lis is usually wearing dark, skinny jeans and white sneakers for the outfit. In addition, she wears a black cap.
Identifying Marks: She has a twisted scar on the back of her left hand, and three tally marks tattooed on the back of her neck.
Musculature: A bit average. She doesn't look it, but she has nasty ways to cause physical harm.
Personality: Lis is a really quiet, emotionless girl. She isn't very fond of people, so she often spends time indoors. However, on any occasion she goes outside, it's only so that she can study strangers that pass by her. Lis is very artistic, and is surprisingly creative and clever for her appearance. Lis believes that all people are beautiful and is bisexual. She often gets serious headaches and migraines, so she takes specific pills and medication once or twice at the least. Lis, when fond towards somebody she likes, is accepting and reassuring.
Skills: She has a really wonderful ability towards drawing, and can remember a face she's seen from a few weeks ago at the most. She's often been used as a witness to draw the criminal at police stations. Lis has had a few paintings and drawings published, and is a bit known in the Unova region. She has beautiful writing and tends to write short poems and stories every now and then.
Past: Lis' mother died at her birth. Almost immediately, her father took care of her to his best ability. He did good for a few months, but wasn't getting any better for awhile, so he remarried. Not long after, he had a stroke and died. Lis' stepmother did her best to take care of the little girl, and did pretty well for a good amount of time. When Lis was 14, her stepmother came home drunk and dizzy, and beat the living daylight out of Lis. When Lis woke up, she was covered in cuts and red bruises and marks. This went on for a couple of weeks, until her stepmother mysteriously disappeared and was nowhere to be seen. Skeptically, she disappeared after Lis spotted the three tallies on her neck. Lis abandoned and ran away from her home, pursuing a little life with little sleep. She often traveled miles a day to find places to settle, and was eventually joined by a small Vaporeon. The two grew close together, and they ended up in Unova. Lis eventually was old enough for a small place to live, where she created her art and received money for it.
Family: Mother/Dead, Father/Dead, Stepmother/Comatose, Siblings/None

Pokémon:
A small Vaporeon, nicknamed Aki. (Female)

Please let me know if anything needs to be changed, chum-buddy-pal-dude!

Last edited: