• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

When Time Stops

Rex

Resident Furry
You are a Keeper for the most important clock in the entire world, perhaps even the entire universe. Powered by the five Time Gears, from this clock atop its mighty tower, time flows ever forwards. In this position, you are subordinate to Dialga itself. You work with a small group, among the mighty gears of the tower itself, and live in the adjoining building. It is a quiet existence on the foremost edge of time.

Of course, that cannot stay true. As with all great adventures, it starts when a great evil visits. An attempted theft is made, and the Time Gears are lost, scattered throughout time. The clock stops, and so does time. The world freezes, all except for you, your co-workers, and Dialga itself.

It is then that Dialga gives you your mission. Without the gears, the clock cannot tick, and without the clock, time itself cannot go on. Dialga however, is not the literal embodiment of time for nothing, however! It has extended its influence over you, the keepers of its tower, and has entrusted you with the recovery of the five time gears. Dialga cannot leave the tower itself, as it would threaten the already fragile balance of time, but it can sense periods in history where Time appears to be out of wack, the work of an extra Time Gear in that era.

Though Time is not set, Dialga can see all eventualities. Having foreseen this possibility, it has already prepared the means by which you may travel back in time, using the tower as a stable point in existence. The future, quite literally, hinges on your ability to return the five Time Gears to their places in the tower. Failure would bring the story to this world to a close, an eternal cliffhanger.

(Use of Dialga approved by @StellarWind Elsydeon)

Rules:
1. This is a PMD RP, this means you must play a Pokemon. Any non-Legendary from any of the six generations may be used. No Fakemon for this unless you can provide me a full bio for the creature, including description, stats, appearance, and movepool. Even then, only if I approve it.
2. Follow all Pokecharms site and RolePlay rules. This includes a minimum post length of one paragraph. If I feel a post is too short, I will PM you and ask to add more.
3. I will be RPing all NPCs as necessary, including Dialga. No other Legendaries will be appearing in this RP.
4. I probably shouldn't have to mention this, but you do have to play as one of the present set of Keepers. I'm looking for 2-5 people, excluding myself, for a full roster of 3-6 players.

Feel free to comment if you're interested, or have any questions, and start putting together characters! This RP will be first come, first serve, so if you're interested, be sure to post saying so, just in case!

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I haven't given a PMD RP a shot for a while now, it'd be interesting to give it another go. Count me among the interested. A few questions though, namely, is there a particular way each of the keepers became keepers, or is that up to us? Also, since this is Mystery Dungeon based, I have to ask, are these going to be conventional Pokemon only, or can they be of the transformed from human variety?

Rex

Resident Furry
I imagine Keepers are decided upon at birth, and brought into the fold shortly after the death of a prior Keeper. However, how your characters officially learned of their status and joined the ranks of the Keepers is up to you!

Also, due to the possibility of us visiting a time when humans were still alive, I'd like to keep the characters as conventional Pokemon. But, if you really want to be a human, and you can write a good enough explanation as to why they are now a Pokemon serving the embodiment of Time, I might allow it!

Mr.RMA

Might have gone slightly overboard with the background to explain his current situation, so, I wrote down a more compact sort of history for him as well.

Name: Corey
Species: Ralts
Ability: Trace
Identifying Marks: Both of his horns are noticeably chipped.
Personality: Very twitchy, even in the least eventful circumstances, though he attempts to keep his anxiety under control when working or, in rarer occasions, socializing. He sees pretty much everything around him as both fascinatingly new, and terribly frightening, eager to learn, but always intending to distance himself from hazardous situations if possible. All the same, he's not averse to resorting to a more physical approach if backed into a corner, and it's generally not the best idea to provoke him to such measures in any case.
Background:
He always had difficulty explaining just why, but Corey had been fascinated from a very young age over the concept of time, and had taken it upon himself to become as much of an expert on the subject as possible, ignoring the usual call to train or breed Pokemon that so many of his peers answered. Of course, he couldn’t remain completely ignorant to the iconic creatures, especially not a particularly legendary one, the Temporal Pokemon Dialga. Naturally highly intrigued by an entity that was known to effortlessly bend time to its will, a great portion of Corey’s studies were devoted to the little information on-hand concerning Dialga. Ancient documents and a handful of supposed first-hand accounts were usually the best he could go on, and others studying the same topic tended to have little more knowledge that they could share on the subject. Much as nearly any legendary Pokemon, this one was quite elusive.

At times, Corey’s hunt for more knowledge on the creature could verge on obsession, but the young man had his family to help keep him at least somewhat grounded through it all. He loved his mother and father dearly, especially considering their undying support of him and his perhaps somewhat unconventional interests. By all accounts, even with great difficulty uncovering anything that wasn’t already fairly common knowledge on the embodiment of time itself, Corey kept an optimistic sort of air around him, believing he’d get that breakthrough he desired in due time.

That optimism was eventually shattered however, as one single tragic event was all it took to wreck the seemingly infallible positivity he had. A homicide had been reported within his hometown, and both his parents had been convicted for the crime. The exact details strayed from his mind, completely obliterated by the fact that the two anchors in his life had the capacity to be such coldblooded criminals. Suddenly deeply ashamed of their relation to him, he cut off all ties, leaving them to the fate of the law. His work now had free reign to completely overtake his life. He hardly ate, didn’t sleep until collapsing from exhaustion, and never diverted his eyes from his studies, often observing the same materials multiple times in a single sitting. It seemed he was doomed to waste away chasing myths and legends, but then something else unexpected came to pass: a breakthrough at last.

Having used the last of his money, Corey traveled to as many alleged Dialga sightings that he could afford. Whilst undertaking this last resort, the disheveled young man stumbled upon a bit of news that quickly caught his attention. Weather reports coming from a northern spot, between Sinnoh and Johto, were suddenly predicting far more mild conditions than usual. Someone as in-tune with the knowledge of a member of the creation trio as Corey was would know quite well that this was the location of the elusive Sinjoh Ruins, a location most had great difficulty ever reaching because of the seemingly perpetual blizzard that blew through the area. For a moment, that blizzard was gone, leaving only the thick layers of snow as an obstacle to finding the location. The blizzard was due to return rather quickly however, at a rate where one might potentially find the ruins, but not without getting trapped there, in the near-inescapable storm, that was set to return at even more intolerable conditions than the norm.

At the end of his rope, common-sense long since evacuated from his system, Corey used the remainder of his resources to venture to this abandoned region, having a crew drop him by helicopter once they came upon what they were certain was the location of the ruins. The hikers that had the capacity to journey to his location on their own had completely abandoned the usual site in which they camped, a telltale sign that the risk was far too great for any sane person to bother. Corey wasn't a sane person, and indeed, as the storm suddenly began to kick up, he insisted to stay as the rest of the crew was forced to evacuate. Trapped in the ruins indefinitely, without a means of communication, Corey didn't seem to care. In his addled conscience, he felt he had nothing left, nothing except his passion.

Exploring the interior of the ruins, he feverishly observed every symbol, every mark, every structure, pristine or crumbled. The cold, dark innards of the ancient temple had far too many markings engraved in strange, indecipherable patterns, and that fear of finding nothing before he inevitably had no strength to carry any further on. As the cold and his own malnutrition ebbed at what little physical and mental health remained in him, he took a moment merely to stare at the three symbols on the triangular platform that stood at the center of the temple. The colorful marks of Dialga, Giratina and Palkia glared back at him, along with the large circular symbol connecting them all together... The more he looked at them, the more they looked like cogs in a machine... like... gears. Of course, he figured, that was no coincidence! That was how these creatures kept things running, it must have been. Dialga had to have time gears somewhere, it all made sense that way. Finally... the breakthrough he had so desperately wanted, and it seemed he would be taking that breakthrough to the afterlife with him, weakly managing to mark 'gears' on the floor near him with his hunting knife as he felt his fatigue overtake him.

From that moment, everything in Corey’s mind began to blur, memories scrambling and events falling out of place. All he could remember was the feeling of being pushed forward… very far forward… and then, the feeling he wasn’t quite himself any longer. He’d desired for so long to unravel Dialga’s mysteries... He'd uncovered one, and now, as if it were some bizarre, freakish reward, the entity of Time itself was his new boss.
Short Version: Once a young man highly fascinated by the concept of time and any and all forces directing its flow, he was driven to obsession on the subject by the recent estrangement of his family. Whilst extensively researching the legendary Dialga, at the cost of his physical and mental health, he eventually took it as far as he could go, venturing to the Sinjoh Ruins, where, under the frighteningly chilly conditions, he uncovered the existence of time gears. As his consciousness faded, before he could even comprehend anything further, he was suddenly in a new time and place, with a new body and a new job, working for the very being he’d been devoting so much of his life to uncover in the first place.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to give a PMD RP a shot! I hope you consider letting me join! :)

Name: Brom

Species: Breloom

Ability: Technician

Identifying Marks: Has a strange discoloration, causing him to appear closer to teal than green

Personality: Brom is an extremely hyper and happy-go-lucky Pokemon. He's as friendly as they come, able to make friends at the drop of a pin. He's always extremely loyal to any friend he makes, believing anything if it comes from a friend's mouth. This tends to get Brom in trouble more often than not. However, Brom's quick thinking and unique problem solving skills are often more than enough to get the chipper fellow out of whatever bind he's in. Though he prefers making friends, Brom is no slouch when it comes to battle. His Technician ability, ability to think on his toes, and speed tend to leave his opponent wondering what hit them.

Background: Brom was but an egg when his parents learned he was to become a Keeper. Neither parents were exceptionally strong or smart, so they decided the best course of action was to abandon their child, hoping that he will have survived when the time came to become a Keeper.

The moment Brom hatched, he became a target. His unusual coloration caused him to stand out amongst the greenery of the forest his parents had left him in. As a result of always being on the run, he quickly learned to think on his feet, making split second decisions that often spelled the difference between life or death. He also learned to be extremely resourceful, making traps to stall enemies and shelters to hide within out of the sticks, rocks, and greenery of the forest.

Fifteen years passed before someone came to fetch Brom to replace one of the recently deceased Keepers. Brom, who had been alone all those years, was ecstatic to see a friendly face. His new friend leading him to their destination, Brom began to bounce in anticipation, eager to meet the other Keepers.

Last edited:
Name: Apep
Species: Zorua
ability: Illusion
Identifying Marks. one eye appears to have have red Egyptian eyeliner, but it's actually a tattoo

Personality: Apep is very peace loving and easygoing, although, that doesn't mean he won't get into a fight if he needs to. It's hard to gain his trust, but if you do, he's is loyal to the end. He's smart and quick thinking, but isn't very knowledgeable.

Backstory: He was found as an infant, when he was found a mysterious figure trying to kill him, after the figure was caught and ran away, the poor infant have the tattoo under his eye, when he first when to school, his school lunch was poised, so his parents deiced to teach him at home, unfortunately, they were not teachers and they had a farm to attend too, so he played while his parents worked in the fields. Then a few weeks ago, he saw another shadowy character with a knife trying hide, because of this, He ran off to be a Keeper, to try and run from the strange figures.

(Edit: also can you give me a link the the RP please?)
(Edit 2: if of course you let me in)

Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
@Mr.RMA I mentioned everything that stuck out to me over Skype, I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but you can consider yourself Accepted.
@ThatDamnEmu I'm a little adverse to this sort of character, as it seems a little overdone. I'll be looking over your posts, and I'll let you know if things get a little too ridiculous. For now though, you are Accepted.
@thoper7 There's a few issues with your sign up, which might be my fault for not making things clearer. The biggest one is that characters do not decide that they want to be Keepers. You are chosen for the job. Secondly, even if he was chosen, if there isn't an opening, he can't become a Keeper yet. Basically, you don't go to Dialga until Dialga summons you. Thirdly, there is no "Egypt" in this universe, so your character cannot have a tattoo identified as "Egyptian." You're going to have do do some revision, so right now you are Not Accepted.

I'm glad I was accepted! I'm well aware that characters like Samson are a dime a dozen, but it just wouldn't be any fun if everyone was level-headed! :p

As overdone as the tough guy is, I figured it wouldn't hurt to add a little diversity, especially since the Keeper role seems like it would involve more intellectual Pokemon, like Corey the Ralts. Having a group of all intellectuals seems like it would be dull, in my opinion. So I made Samson a tough guy, to kind of be a ying to their yang. However, seeing as there's only so many ways you can play a tough guy, and since you seem to dislike the idea, I am open to completely reworking my character :)

He would be a Breloom, and his personality would focus more on his quick thinking, MacGyver-esque problem solving, and friendliness. He'd still be a fighter though, as he is a fighting type, but he wouldn't have it as his go to solution. Either way it's up to you! I personally love both characters, (I chose Samson by coin toss), so I wouldn't mind changing. Lemme know what you decide :)

(@EspeonTheBest )

Name: Nocturne
Species: Umbreon
Identifying Marks: Rings glow when danger is near. (Weak Spidey sense)

Back story: Nocturne was born into a middle class family. Although everything he could ever want was put in front of him, he had a tendency of stealing things. This continued for some time until Local Law Enforcment quickly saw to his arrest. After a few long, tough months in the towns Prison,
He evolved into a Umbreon, and a few days after that he was realeased back into society. The time in jail had changed him,for better or worse, now strongwilled he struck out on his own as a new Pokemon.

After a few years of Wandering the exotic ruins of an ancient temple, The Umbreon stumbled Upon a old Xatu, who told him he was destined to be a Keeper, subordinate to Dialga itself. The Umbreon also learned that his mother had meant to tell him , but never got a good chance to. He cared after the Xatu for a before he sadly passed away. After learning this new knowledge, the Young Umbreon set off towards the Horizon. He could never seem to get any closer to the tower no matter how far he walked. Until he finnally gave up after climbing up MT Bristol to try and see the tower. He was blinded by a flash of light and a sea of darkness rushed over him. When he awoke, he was being carried by a Flygon, and after a few moments the Flygon let go. And it seemed like the Umbreon plummeted forever. He hit the surface of the tower lightly, like it was made of rubber. He saw stairs leading down, and he entered bravely. . .

Last edited:
This seems like a very interesting Roleplay! I hope you consider letting me join.

Name: Solstice
Species: Espeon
Ability: Synchronize
Identifying Marks: Solstice has slightly larger ears than the normal Espeon; an attribute that helps out with her heightened sense of hearing. She also constantly wears a light blue scarf.
Personality: Solstice is usually very vocal about her opinions and thoughts, but sometimes her mind becomes 'one way' and she won't agree with anything. Solstice is very smart and most times isn't afraid to make it known. The Espeon enjoys spending time with other Pokemon, but like most other Pokemon, Solstice enjoys her alone time.

Backstory: (I'll try to incorporate he normal backstory, but I will probably fail at that.)

Ever since Solstice was an Eevee, she was very intrigued by the concept of Time. However, due to the fact that she had many sibling to take care of, Solstice never found any time to study the it. She wanted to evolve into a Sylveon to have an advantage over Dragon types because of a horrible raid on her village that was lead by a Hydregion. Luckily, all of her family memebers survived the attack, but out of stress her father left one day without a peep. She was still an Eevee when Solstice became a backbone to her family; giving the Espeon her motherly side that she shows only when a Pokemon she is close to is hurt; emotionally or physically.

The next four years went by very easily for the Espeon. Their little group of 7 Eevees, including herself at that time, and their Flareon mother continued to thrive. One day her mother recived news that Solstice was a Keeper. It came as a shock to the Flareon so she kept that information to herself. Being the oldest in her family, Solstice left one day to mature as grow on her own. She evolved into an Espeon on her first adventure when she found a Sun Ribbon

Eventually, after many months of discouragement from the Pokemon she grew close to, Solstice gave up on her goal to learn the secrets of Time and grew an intrest in adventuring and exploration. She grew up honing her skills in Psychic moves and the art of levitation to aid her in her dream of one day making a complete map of the world to help young aspiring Pokemon learn about the world.

Solstice recived a message from her mother on her birthday. It was the same letter her mother got when she was a small Eevee, and it talked about how a Keeper had died; including the news that Solstice was to replace that Pokemon. The news of being a Keeper came as much as a shock to Solstice as it did to her mother. Her former goal of learning more about time became a stunning reality as the responsibility of working next to the being of Time itself fell onto her shoulders. It wasn't an easy meal to swallow, but within a day's time Solstice got over her doubts. The Espeon awoke the morning after to be in the Clock Tower and she's been there ever since; hoping that she would do her job well.

I will gladly edit any thing that would mess the story up or clear up something if it doesn't make sense. I hope you consider! :)

Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
@ThatDamnEmu It's up to you! If you do decide to redo your character, all I ask for is an updated sheet to reflect it.
@_Umbreon_ Your character could use a bit more work. How did they learn of their Keeper Status? Could you explain more about them? Look at what Mr.RMA (Specifically the tl;dr version) and ThatDamnEmu have written for an idea of about how much I'm looking for in a character sheet. For now, you are Not Accepted.
@EspeonTheBest I'm on board with most of what you've written. However, remember that the characters ARE the Keepers. They can know about it from birth, like Samson, or they can have it sprung on them later in life, like Corey, but working for Dialga is the thread that binds our characters together. Your background will need some revision to reflect this. For now, you are Not Accepted.

Right... Sorry about that @Rex !

But yeah. So I added that Flareon, her mother, recived a message saying how Solstice was going to replace the old Keeper. Flareon keeps the message to herself until she sends the message to Solstice on her birthday while she was traveling.

Rex

Resident Furry
@ThatDamnEmu The new character is tentatively Accepted. Though I hope the idea isn't that he's a 5 year old Breloom?
@_Umbreon_ It's certainly a start, I have more information for you all, that I hope you will read. It will be posted at the bottom of this post, after my own character sheet. After you read that, see if there are any more changes you want to make. For now, I will tentatively Accept your character.
@EspeonTheBest Your character, too, is tentatively Accepted.

Name
: Shawn
Species: Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Identifying Marks: Shawn has an x-shaped scar on his back, right between the two ovals that denote him as a male of his species. He tends to wear a pair of brown fingerless gloves and spats.
Personality: Shawn is a friendly, if not very open, sort. He doesn't like to talk about himself, nor has he ever spoken of his history to anyone. Not because he has trust issues, or that he's a brooding sort, he simply doesn't like to dwell on it. Despite this, he can be very talkative, especially in subjects that interest him, and is quite outgoing. Before becoming a Keeper, Shawn was an avid traveler. Seeing the world is the thing he misses most. He greatly enjoys climbing the clock tower in his downtime and staring out over the Sea of Time that surrounds it.
Background: Though globetrotter is probably the word he would use for it, Shawn was by all accounts a drifter. He only stayed in a place long enough to save up to purchase the provisions for his next trip. His mysterious scar, coupled with the fact that he was always on the move, eventually started up rumors that he was on the run from something. Certainly, it would explain why the Buizel never said much about himself. Being a Keeper was a surprise to him. Not an unpleasant one, but not a desired one, either. Unfortunately, when the embodiment of Time tells you to do something, you can't exactly say no. Thus, Shawn has been stuck in the clock tower, desiring an adventure more than anything else.

The Clock Tower sits on the forward edge of time, a stable point surrounded by an unwoven sea of time. To any mortal eye, it appears to be an island at sunrise, surrounded by an endless ocean. The single building on this island serves multiple functions; it, and the surrounding island, are the entire lives of the Keepers. The main part of the building is three stories tall, and is home to just about anything a Pokemon could ask for - so long as it doesn't require electricity. Indeed, the only machine on the entire island is that of the clock tower itself.

Still, the building boasts a library - with a copy of every book ever written, with new ones added to the collection as they're created, a kitchen - whose larder seems to never run out of fresh foods and drinks, private bed and bathrooms for each Keeper, and, of course, Dialga's personal chambers and throne. The interior of the building commonly shifts, as rooms are added and removed, and Dialga will take into consideration anything the Keepers would like to see within the building. It's only fair, after all, the Keepers devote their entire lives to the clock tower.

The tower itself stretches up from the center of the building, adding another five stories on top of the three the main part of the building already stretches up to. The bell at the top rings for each new hour that is added to the river of Time, and the ticking of gears can be heard throughout the entire building. At the very bottom of this structure, set one after the other in sequence, are the five Time Gears that power the entire mechanism, each spinning, and weaving time into its forward progression.

Alright. Now that there are five of us, with a six slot open to whomever takes it, be it @thoper7 or otherwise, it's probably wise to start discussing seniority. Now, technically, the Keepers are equal, Dialga doesn't play favorites. However, due to the system by which new ones are added, once for every Keeper lost, soon after said Keeper is lost, a pecking order of a sort is established by how long a Keeper has served. A Keeper who has served longer would be expected both be more knowledgeable and have more experience, and therefore be a character that the other Keepers look to for guidance.

So, the order in which our characters joined the rank of Keepers needs to be decided. For now, I'll leave it up to you all to decide how new (or old) their character is. A vague idea will do. Once I've heard from all of you I'll put together a listing that compiles your thoughts and mine, which you will then have the opportunity to discuss.

@Rex

I'm a little bit confused. How does a Keeper make it to the Tower if they had a life before being chosen? Are they teleported, or do they Tavel to it? Is there a different way that I'm missing?

For superiority, Solstice would probably be a newer member and she is definitely not one to be very sage-like, so I would place her lower down.

Rex

Resident Furry
Any number of ways, none of which are really within the scope of this RP to examine. You could be walking through the woods, come up upon the building, and suddenly find you're on the island. Or, you could be transported in your sleep. You're brought there, it's not a place that can be physically reached, by the manner by which your character may arrive there can very greatly. Shawn happened upon the building in his travels, while Brom was brought to the building by someone, judging by his bio.

@Rex I didn't intend for him to be 5 in the human sense, I just wasn't sure how long Breloom live for ._. But I've changed it to a solid 15, not too young not too old.

As for seniority, I'd imagine that Brom would be somewhere in the middle. Not the top rung, but not the bottom either.

And yes, someone brought Brom to the tower. Likely one of the Keepers that will be replaced by Espeon or Umbreon. I don't think we need too much backstory on it, just that Brom was brought to the tower by a Keeper :)

Last edited:

Mr.RMA

I'd imagine Corey likely showed up right at the island, almost immediately after the latest Keeper died, especially considering the circumstances of his arrival in this era in the first place. I'd suspect he hasn't personally seen much of anything outside of the island in that case, and even if there was any reason to beforehand, he probably wouldn't want to go out there by any means.

As for his age, well, you could go a number of ways with that. Technically, depending on just what era he hails from, and just when humanity disappeared and Pokemon became this advanced, he could be centuries or millenniums old, but of course, physically, in his human form he was only about 24 or so. As a Ralts, well, that depends on when he was summoned in contrast to the current time. I like to think he's actually been here for a while, holed up in his room or hidden away in the library when not looking after the tower, just constantly reading about this future world he's in, studying over every past event that he missed, just trying to come to terms with his new life amidst all the regret of the previous one.

So, just ballparking it here, let's say he's been on the island for about a year and a half, likely placing him higher up on the ladder when it comes to seniority if several of the others are still fairly new to the team.

Rex

Resident Furry
Given that in Colosseum an elderly man has a Treecko which surpasses him in age, it's fair to say Pokemon probably live about as long as humans do, baring exceptions like Ninetales. In any case, almost everyone thus far desires to be newer, which unfortunately isn't really possible. Here's the list as I've presently put it together, ranked from oldest to newest:
Brom the Breloom (@ThatDamnEmu)
Shawn the Buizel (@Rex)
Solstice the Espeon (@EspeonTheBest)
Nocturne the Umbreon (@_Umbreon_)
Corey the Ralts (@Mr.RMA)

Mr.RMA

Alright, newest member works too, totally workable there. I can see where that would make the most logical sense. Guess at first I was a bit worried that was kinda overdone considering how the games did it, but, all things considered it's probably the most fitting situation. In that case, let's say he's about as fresh off the boat as possible. Like, at least as new to the whole party as the story will allow.

Hello! This RP is particularly intriguing; I would love to participate!

Name: Harmonia

Species: Mismagius

Ability: Levitation

Identifying Marks: She has a blue-focused color scheme rather than the standard red-focused color scheme. Her colored irises, mouth, and chest are blue as opposed to red, and her purples are darker.

Personality: Harmonia is quiet and conserved, gentle and kind. She tends to be matronly to others around her, and enjoys seeing other Pokemon at peace, especially in the evenings and at night. She is a klutz, however- luckily, being a Ghost type, she can turn incorporeal and, thus, be able to deal with it, but when she is corporeal for whatever reason (usually because she has to carry something), antique pots beware. Harmonia loves music in all forms, and is constantly humming a tune- often unintentionally following the rest of her species example of having an aura of headaches and hallucinations surrounding her. She says that she follows The Song, a tune that rises and swells from within her constantly. When she actually sings along with this Song, it brings bliss to the listeners.

Backstory:
Even from hatching, the Misdreavus that Harmonia once was was different. Primarily, her gemlike organs on her chest and were blue, and she never talked until much later on in her life. Coming from a very large family, her parents were always aware of her destiny to be a Keeper and, fearful that attaching themselves to her would only result in heartbreak, kept their distance from her. They still loved her, that much was for sure, and Harmonia never doubted that - but often she privately questioned the conversations suddenly cut off, the embraces cut short.

Eventually, she came of age, and set off from her parents, who were, at this point, quite surprised that she had not been suddenly teleported away in a bolt of energy on her graduation from school. The farewell was tearful and full of emotion, as most farewells are, and then she was off. It was here, her first time being alone, where she began singing- it wasn't special, but floating alone over the waves with the moon over head with a song in her heart was, perhaps, the most memorable part of her life up to that point.

Upon arriving in the coastal town, she survived as others did- she was quite the troublemaker, and though shunned by most of the community, she made a few hard and fast friends that she was able to rely on for a bite to eat on a rainy day when she couldn't harass her nutrition out of the local townsfolk. Despite the entertained front, she was missing something- but she never knew what. That is, until the day the light appeared.

A flash in the nearby forests, and the shine from the pendant her parents had given her, was all they needed as an excuse. Several of her friends thought it was a meteor and insisted that they come along. Perhaps the meteor contained Evolutionary Stones that could be mined by the town- Moon Stones were exceptionally rare, after all, and could make a small fortune. In any case, Harmonia was in the woods with her friends when she suddenly found herself separated from them. Fearing the packs of Poochyena and Mightyena that lurked in the woods. She did the only thing that she could think of- she flew up, and met with the source of the flash- a large clock tower that had appeared in the middle of the forest. Seeking a place to catch her breath, she quickly dived into the building, just as the bell for noon struck twelve.

It was here, in her exhaustion, that she fell asleep- and, after several hours, awoke to find that everything had changed.

The first thing she noticed was her body- with the now mere rope laying besides her, it seems that her pendant was a Dusk Stone, and she had tapped into its potential as it slept. She was no longer who she once was, but with The Song welling inside of her, she had finally found what she had missed- a tune to play her life by. When she was off-beat, it created discord; when she matched the notes, harmony reigned within her. She was happy at last.

The second thing she noticed, however, was, upon returning outside, she was no longer in the forest, but instead on a rather large island with many different types of terrain around her. It did not take her long to discover what happened, scaling the tower and intending to look over the island, but she did not expect to find five other Pokemon and Dialga himself awaiting her.

Harmonia fully embraced the role of Keeper- she loved the serene sea of time flowing beneath her, the quiet breezes, the mountains, the forests. Even if she found a few of the other Keepers abrasive, she managed to befriend them, and lived happily on the island guarding the Time Gears, leading a quiet existence in the pocket of time. That is, until the Gears were scattered...

Hopefully this is sufficient! I can't wait to potentially get started!

(For age and experience, just to save space in the case that I am accepted, she would be in the middle of the pack- long enough that she knows what she's doing, and does it well, but not long enough to have studied the metaphorical troubleshooting manual. She would probably be either third or fourth on the list.)

(Also, I assume that this is the Temporal Tower from EoD/EoT/EoS. If it is, then chronologically, does this happen before or after the events of that game?)

I would also like to participate, if you would allow room. I'm not going to make a character though, as you said 2-5, and you already have 4 and 1 waiting. If you say there is room, I'll make one. :D

Rex

Resident Furry
@Magos Amphrose As I have made this thread, it is automatically a Watched Thread for me. I am alerted of any posts made in this thread. Therefore, please do not ping me if I take time to respond, I have been very busy lately. As of right now, I'm afraid I have to Decline your character. The elements of "The Song" seem like something it would be better for you to follow within your own RP, rather than something that can fit, without interrupting, the plot of this one. Likewise, the idea of "The Song" having some sort of power over others, even if it is just making them vaguely feel good, is not something that sits well with me as a point within a collaborative environment, like an RP. You may feel free to rework the character, at which time I will reevaluate it!

@dragonspit999, @thoper7 In conjunction with the above, there remains one spot open, if either of you would like to try for it.

To the rest of you, I am working on a first post. I should hopefully have something ready within a day of accepting the final character.

Name: Eclipse

Species: Aegislash

Ability: Stance Change

Identifying Marks: None to be noted.

Personality: Eclipse is quite loyal, and very defensive. He has little to no humor, and would be considered the "buzzkill" at parties. However, whoever should be metaphorically "beside" Eclipse when danger struck was going to be safe. Eclipse normally stays in his Shield form, and only switches in battles or when it is needed.

Background:
Eclipse once had a primitive life, living among other pokemon, until it was caught by a trainer. This trainer's name was Bill, and as they fought together, Eclipse learned of the greatness of humans. Since the moment Eclipse and Bill became so bonded, Eclipse has very little memory of before that time. Eclipse learned many things in his time with Bill, including loyalty. This loyalty became so strong that some could consider it a fault.

However, one day, Bill was captured. When they pried the duskball from Bill's hands, Eclipse was released. Eclipse witnessed as they dragged him away from in the arms of a Tyranitar. That was the last time Eclipse had ever seen Bill. He had no idea what had happened to Bill, but some time later, he awoke, approximately where he assumed Bill was captured. Other than the Tyranitar, and the dark, musty room, Eclipse knew no way of finding out who those people were, why they took Bill, or where Bill was now.

Reeling from his troubles, Eclipse hovered away, in any direction away from people. He had that day learned of people's evil and wanted nothing to do with it. So he went, and he went, and he went some more. He went for so long, he lost track of time. Any time he tired, he simply thought of where he didn't want to be, and thought he was too close to that place and he went. For several days, Eclipse went on like this, avoiding cities and people, snagging food where he could. Eventually, after about a month, Eclipse decided that this was no way to live. This is not what Bill would have wanted.

One night, Eclipse slept in the crevice of a large rock outside of a nearby city. When he awoke, however, he was in a small room. After leaving this room, he was told by the others that he was meant to be a keeper. A keeper of the Temporal Tower. Eclipse had heard stories, obviously, but never seen it in real life. After Eclipse wondered about the Tower, he began to learn the workings of his job like clockwork. (Sorry, I had to) This became boring to him, and he sought more of what Bill provided him. Adventure. Action. Love. However, Eclipse decided none of this was ever going to happen again. As he stayed here, performing his duties, he came to terms with that thought.

That's my best shot. Usually my characters are loners or very dark in pokemon RPs. I decided to go a different path this time and am hoping this goes through. There's a lot more to this character than what I was thinking there would be when I began.

Forgive me on both accounts.

Concerning 'The Song,' that was merely for flavor- a character quirk, if you will, like Brom's hyper-loyalty, Shawn's globetrotting tendencies, or Corey's obsession with Dialga and time. Reading back, it probably could have been worded better, and I think capitalizing it like I did made it appear more special than it really was.

Her song would give her no extraordinary power or clarification, or influence on others unwillingly that is outside of a Pokemon moveset. She views it as a mystic force inside of her, but any manifestations of this force are represented by moves- for example, one that would cause them to be happy would be a use of the Heal Bell move, while hallucinations might be a Confuse Ray. There would be no effect on unwilling Pokemon outside of a combat situation. In addition, her 'song' is a personal matter to be used to flavor only- for example, as an excuse, an explanation, or an attempt to convince someone (I'm not going to steal that pot! Evil means causes the song to grow chaotic!')

If this is still insufficient, I'll completely remake my character assuming that dragonspit/thoper doesn't get in beforehand.

Rex

Resident Furry
Hello again, very sorry for the disappearance.
@ThatDamnEmu Generally speaking, whatever order is created in the first round of posting is the one I try to keep. However, if for some reason you find your character has nothing to post at a given time, then posting later in sequence, or even being skipped in a sequence, is fine.
@dragonspit999 Leaving questions of "What does it mean to be a Ghost Type Pokemon?" aside, I am not sure I'm completely comfortable with a Pokemon being so old that it remembers humanity. When Corey died, and was reborn as a Ralts, he was moved forward through time to the point where his status as a Keeper was required. I have given Dialga a bit of a cruel sense of humor, in that regard. I suppose you could make a case for the same happening with Eclipse, that they were moved forward in time until they were needed, however, having two such characters both acting as Keeper at the same time seems like a bit much, to me. As such, I am going to have to Decline your character.
@Magos Amphrose The problem with that is neither of those moves are vocal based. Heal Bell has, with the exception of GSC, always been described as the sound of a bell chime, not singing. Confuse Ray, as supported by its Japanese Name "Eerie Light," is a visual phenomena, not an audio one. So yes, I'm going to have to ask you to rewrite it. I'm fine with her having a song within her that she feels she must live her life by, but that song cannot have any effects on Pokemon unless it is utilized as a move that uses a Pokemon's vocal chords.