• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which E3 games caught your eye?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now that E3 has come and gone once again, I'm curious which games interested you guys the most? This can include any games featured at E3, whether they be brand new or previously shown off.

Myself, I was very impressed with what I saw of Mario + Rabbids and have since put a preorder down for it. I'm a sucker for tactical RPGs and the game itself looked really fun, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it later this year.

I was also very excited by the new Yoshi and Kirby game reveals, and seeing more of Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2, the Zelda: BotW DLC, and Xenoblade 2 was great. Mario Odyssey in particular hugely excited me, so while I was always interested in the game (because it's Mario) I'm now completely psyched for it. The concept of Mario controlling virtually any enemy with his hat is fantastic!

Nintendo's Treehouse stream pretty much sold me on one game that I'd previously been on the fence for: Ever Oasis. I'd always been intrigued by it because it felt like a spiritual successor to Fantasy Life, but after watching them play more of it on Treehouse I finally 100% decided that I want the game. Put a preorder down for it, too. X'D

FInally, moving away from Nintendo... It was very nice seeing the first glimpse of Ori and the Will of the Wisps (as, despite not finishing it, I really enjoyed the original Ori game), and I'm fairly certain now that I'm going to pick up Sea of Thieves. Ni No Kuni 2, Sonic Mania, and Sonic Forces are all looking great, and the Life is Strange prequel perked my interests. I won't be touching the prequel until I finally play the original LiS game but it's on my radar.

Shout-outs go to both the Metroid Prime 4 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveals. I'm not sure if I'll be buying either of them when they finally release but it was great hearing that they're in production. I know how many people are excited for 'em so hopefully they can both live up to their hype~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Just Dance 2018!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who was in chat saw me get super excited over this game. It's just another freaking rhythm dance game. From the same franchise. There's like. nothing really new outside of the songs. But you can pry this game away from my cold, dead hands. It's mine. Nobody will take it away from me.

Mario Odyssey looks really cute, and might be a game I'd try myself if I actually had a Switch. I'm also interested in Dad of War God of War and maybe Detroit: Become Human? Not necessarily in their gameplay but for their story, I guess. I likely won't ever be able to play those games, but I wouldn't say no to watching playthroughs of them. Wolfenstein also looks kinda cool, though it's 100% only because I want to see more of Liesel (speaking of, Peggy and Liesel game when, Bethesda?).

I would be a potato if I didn't say that the BOTW DLC was obviously my favourite announcement, followed closely by Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Sonic Forces. E3 seemed like a heaven this year for Switch users like me, but I would've liked a bit more Pokemon news, and I'm worried about Inti Creates not announcing Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, but the Striker Pack for the Switch seems just as good.

Destiny two, with a love for the first game I was for sure gonna pre-order the digital deluxe edition, I love how it's themed and it makes sense how the cabal are that powerful, they had never done something big enough to give them a raid. Of course another game hit my eyes, one by Bioware's game, Anthem looks like a really awesome, flying, exploring and Loot gathering game which being a Destiny fan I love gathering loot! ~ Yours truly, Jacob Rush

I'm most likely going to get only 3ds games for now (seeing how I don't have a Switch, PS4, or Xbox One), but I might as well get some of my thoughts.

Mario Odyssey looks pretty cool. I haven't been really excited about the recent Mario games, but I have high hopes for this one. And it's nice to see Nintendo going back to Metroid. I am thinking of getting Ever Oasis as well. Seeing how I'm a fan of RPGs.

Mario Odyssey, hands down. Before E4, I felt pretty ambivalent about the game. It seemed neat, but the little I saw of it before E4 did not hype me up for the game or make me want to purchase a Switch for it.

Then I saw the E4 trailer. A bunch of wacky worlds to explore, getting powers from hats, a sentient Mario hat that "cap-tures" enemies, as well as many other things, some great new character outfits (that Piranha Plant wedding bouquet Peach was holding make me chuckle), and strange, surreal things like realistic-looking dinosaurs and people? Sign me up!

Other than that, I have to say the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer definitely caught my eye, for a number of reasons. I love Xenoblade Chronicles with a passion, so a sequel of any kind is definitely welcome. That being said, I am feeling some trepidation about this game. For one thing, I do not like the new art style in general, although it's not a dealbreaker. I am far less tolerant of the character designs of the two main characters- they look like the most generic light-novel protagonists you could think of, down to the hair color. As for the voice acting, while I do not dislike it as much as some seem to, I do think it could use some more work ( TAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!).

However, with all that said, I still think the game looks gorgous and vast, and it seems like it will be a lot of fun to play, with a more convenient layout and interface and exciting worlds and combat. Besides the main two, I adore the character designs, and the music is just as phenomenal as it was in the first game, if not more. I am cautiously hyped for the game. :)