• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who is your favorite gym leader?

My favorite gym leader is Norman. Even though people say he is hard I believe I beat him on my first try. In the Hoenn games, he is the protagonist's father as well. And since he is a gym leader, he of course can be battled in the Hoenn and World Leaders tournaments in Black 2 and White 2.
His Pokemon are: Ruby/Sapphire Emerald Hoenn Leaders Tournament
Slaking Lv28 Spinda Lv27 Slaking Lv50
Vigoroth Lv30 Vigoroth Lv27 Spinda Lv50
Slaking Lv31 Linoone Lv29 Kecleon Lv50
Slaking Lv31 Castform Lv50
Exploud Lv50
Zangoose Lv50
Type Expert/World Leaders Tournament ORAS
Slaking Lv50 Exploud Lv50 Vigoroth Lv28
Ambipom Lv50 Sawsbuck Lv50 Slaking Lv28
Bouffalant Lv50 Staraptor Lv50 Slaking Lv30
If Norman were a Champion, this would be his team:
Ambipom Lv52 Bouffalant Lv54 Exploud Lv57 Stoutland Lv56 Linoone Lv58
Slaking Lv60

My favorite Gym Leader has to be Brycen from Black and White because of how much of a cool guy (No pun intended) he is!
For starters he is not only just an Actor but dresses like an awesome ninja! Also his Pokemon were interesting the first time I fought him. Many people had Emboar and breezed through him but I chose Snivy and I didn't have any Pokemon that had an advantage against Ice types (My Krookodile had Fire Fang but he is weak against Ice) I beat him after a long battle mostly because of his Cryogonal using Acid Armor and I gave him my respect as a trainer after that

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
My favourite Gym Leader is Jasmine from the Olivine City gym. She not only deals with my favourite PKMN [steel-type] but I can also relate a lot to her personality-wise in things. Jasmine is a strong, caring, compassionate woman with an air of awkwardness around her that makes her, in my blunt opinion, rather adorable. She's a genuine, open-hearted person who tries her best in everything she does. I really admire her character and hope to better myself in future with the same steely determination.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My favorites are Flannery, Roxie, Valerie, Giovanni, and Blue. Flannery is a new Gym Leader trying to figure out what works best for her and it is so fun to watch her act how she thinks a Gym Leader should act versus her natural personality, especially in ORAS. I like Roxie and Valerie because they aren't afraid to be who they are. Roxie found the perfect balance between her passion as a musician and her job as a Gym Leader while Valerie is a cosplayer and proud of it. I find it hilarious how the leader of the greatest criminal empire in the world also doubles as a Gym Leader. Either Giovanni is really good at keeping his escapades a secret or the Kanto Pokemon League is shit at doing background checks on their employees. Or both! Blue goes to show that being (former) Pokemon League Champion isn't the end all be all and there are still roads for a young Trainer to aspire. Plus all five are badasses in their own rights! >:D

My favorite gym leaders - and these are just the ones I've encountered while playing the game - are Grant, Koga, Olympia, Roxie, Giovanni and Clair.