• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Meant to post this yesterday, but my memory is made of fail. It's a familiar topic that should be revived after all. The title pretty much speaks for itself: what Pokemon is your absolute favourite and why?

As regulars here will know, my favourite is Manectric. Not quite sure why. I just came across one after rediscovering Pokemon and I was instantly drawn to him. He became my Thunderdog and he's been my firm favourite since. He has a weird design, and we can all agree that loads of other Pokemon look much cooler/better, but I just love him and he's a solid member of my competitive battle team. I've never even seen him in the anime, and I'm not sure what he sounds like. But I loves him ♥

Other favourites include: Sceptile, Murkrow and Munchlax ♥

So, what about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Favorites? Umm... I have many. XD Most people will know/can figure out that one of my faves is Eevee (if you can't figure that out, you either don't know how to look at forums, or you're choosing to ignore me). I also love Ralts, Froslass, Growlithe, and Shinx, but my absolute favorite's totally Plusle and Minun simply because they're twins/pairs/belong together (I have a thing with twins, hence why my favorite vocaloids are Rin/Len Kagamine, my favorite characters in Ouran are Hikaru and Kaoru, etc.), they're electric Pokemon, and they're downright adorable. Loved them since I've seen them, and I still do.

Second fave's most like Charizard, then Swellow, then Growlithe, THEN Eevee (yes, Eevee's only number 5 on this list since I could Plusle and Minun as one since they're kinda tied and I can't seperate them in my mind no matter what), then the rest. XD

Metagross. Why? This picture.

In seriousness, I fell in love with Metagross back when I first got R/S. He's a TAAAAAANK, with the arms and the claws and the hyperbeaming--

Prior to Metagross, my favorite was Charizard, because dragons. The image in my sig contains a lot of auxiliary favorites.

What a question! I've got too many too list, but I'll pick. Um, probably Lucario. His design is very cool and his powers are cooler. I like the ability to communicate with humans. Other favoriteds include Luxray, Raichu, Darkrai, Cresselia, Froslass and Gengar.

Well, my current favorites are Chiraamii and all the eevees. Chiraamii is just awesome. A chinchilla of awesome. And Eevee is pretty awesome too... maybe I should change my name to I love Chiraamii...

They may come out with all sorts of new Pokemon, but Blastoise always has been and always will be my favorite. Turtles are totally my thang! The other turtle Pokemon are awesome, but not as cool as Blastoise. Unless they make a Fire/Electric type sea turtle thing that looks incredible, Blastoise will always be ma fave.

Second is tied between Raichu, Luxray, Umbreon, and Arcanine.
I am a firm believer in having a flying type in your party at all times. The two I like the most are Pidgeot and Charizard. I usually pick Pidgeot, but I like them about the same.

Torterra is freaking nifty, but I've never really played with one. Same goes for Torkoal.

My favorite is Spinda :}
There are lots of reasons why so I'll just list some~

-They have Own Tempo and I haaaaaaaaaattttteeee getting confused beceause my Pokemon ALWAYS hurt themselves.

-Their design is awesome (to me).

-They're all different. I guess that's what really made me start liking them, the fact that I could catch a whole box full of them and have different feelings about all of the ones I caught. Each Spinda really does kinda have its own personality :p

-Their shiny colors are cool.

-They can learn a lot of different moves.

-All their stats are equal, so you can really train them however you want.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
My two all time favorite Pokemon are Quilava and Wartortle.

When I first got my very first Pokemon game as a child it was Blue, and I went against what everyone else I knew had been doing and chose Squirtle instead of Charmander. I absolutely adored that little turtle and I loved it even more once it evolved into the total badass of Wartortle. Just everything about it is beyond win in design, to me.

Then, when I got Pokemon Gold I picked Totodile as my starter the first time in honor of Squirtle (and also partly because everyone else I knew opted for the fire starter yet again). I enjoyed using Totodile, but it just wasn't the same love that I had felt for my Squirtle. It wasn't until my third or fourth playthrough of Silver that I finally chose Cyndaquil as my starter and I fell in love with it once it evolved into Quilava.

Admittedly neither one has the greatest stats/movepool, but that's not why I love them. I love them because they look so awesome and are fun to RP/write about. :3

Other faves: Bayleef/Meganium, Glaceon, Charizard, Drifblim, Mamoswine.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gear.

Gear is the best Pokemon ever made.

In seriousness though, we're talking a list of hard to distinguish top favourites that include Chikorita, Bayleef, Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo and Gear. Cannot forget Gear.

My favorites list have definitely changed through the many years I've been into Pokemon. As of now, Lucario and Jumpluff top the list. I can't even remember how I came to like Lucario exactly, however I do remember not liking it at first. As an odd quirk, any Lucario I use competitively has to be female. Jumpluff I fell in love with after Baratron posted a pic of its shiny sprite on the other database and I just about died of cute. Whenever I imagine myself as a Pokemon, I see myself as a shiny 'Pluff ♥

The other members of my competitive team are on my list of favorites now: Froslass, Arcanine, Meganium, Swampert, and Bronzong. I have many other Pokemon that I adore as well, but I'll keep the list at here for now.

DoctorOak said:
Gear.

In seriousness though, we're talking a list of hard to distinguish top favourites that include Chikorita, Bayleef, Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo and Gear. Cannot forget Gear.

GEAR WILL PWNZOR U ALL!!! Hehe I actually do like Gear though, it doesn't make it into my top 5 or anything, but it is cool (sorry for the off topic-ness.) My favorite Pokemon are Armaldo, Primeape, Drifloon (me and about 1,000,000 other people), Mightyena, Barboach, and Scizor.

The most awesome pokemon in your opinion

Mine has to be Khangaskhan, for it's moveset. It learns awesome moves like Outrage and Endure!

Re: The most awesome pokemon in your opinion

Move wise: Lucario. Aurasphere, Bone Rush, Close Combat, Dragon Rush.... Yeah. Stat wise: Metagross. It's high Defense and Attack stats make up for it's lack of high speed.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: The most awesome pokemon in your opinion

Derr... This is basically "Your Favourite Pokemon" all over again, just with different wording. Going to merge the two. Me and Magpie debated stickying it originally, but guess we might as well.

Unless you want to make a deeper topic based on Pokemon that aren't strictly favourites (and asking "which is the most awesome" doesn't quite cut it), keep all posts like that to here please. Thanks.

My all time favorite pokemon is Pikachu. It won me over when it keep shocking Ash in the beginning and in the episode where his Pika met all the others and Ash thought it should stay with them(I cried during this lol), and Pikachu is just plain adorable, especially when in the beginning it was chubby.

Some of my other favorites are Plusle and Minun, Latias and Latios, Charizard, Pachirisu, Squirtle Squad Squirtle :), Empoleon, and all of the Eeveeloutions.

I would like to say Turtwig (Hence my # being 387 which is Turtwig's N-Dex number and my signature) because of it being cute, cuddly, and it being the only Starter in sinnoh able to learn rock climb.

Pokemonfreak387

salamence.png

SALAMENCE ROCKS

[more to: salamence rocks!] Salamence is really cool. I like his body cause it is so cool! And he has all these great moves.
He is just an awesome pokemon! GOOOOOOOOOOO Salamence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salamence.jpg

Gengar, it's been my favorite from the very begining for some reason. Other favorites include: Rhydon, Kingler, Nidoking, and Torterra.

Right now, my favorite is probably Scizor. I don't think I've ever talked about him. But they're just really cool. But Scizor won't be my favorite for long...

Other "favorites" include Espeon, Skarmory, Blaziken, Venesaur, Ursaring, Dragonair, Kingdra and Kyogre.

All for different reasons, really. Heck, I don't even know why I like Espeon. I just do. They're pretty nifty in battle, plus I love the design. Skarmory I like mostly for the design, and for nostalgia. Blaziken is my favorite Hoenn starter, and I don't think that many people know that. Might just be my favorite starter of all, actually....
Venesaur I like 'cause to me, I picture it as a giant, Solar Beaming tank of plant death. And that's a great image.

Kingdra is just cool.

I know I spelled some wrong....

Difficult question, i actually only liked a few pokemon back then, but over the pass 2 years i've come to like so much more making it difficult to find a favorite.
If i had to choose a favorite it would be, Eevee, its designs for eeveelutions is stunning, I was amazed when i first saw it with the eevee brothers episode in kanto, along with seeing it in the anime as Mays pokemon which came as a surpise, even if im not to fond of its movesets.

Other favorites:
Umbreon Espeon Glaceon Flareon Vaporeon Jolteon Leafeon Kirlia~ I'll refrain from making a larger list, just know theres alot more.

Fluffy, electric sheep of awesome. Yes, Mareep. I´ve been into many pokemon over the years, but Mareep is the one that stuck. It complys with everything I love in a pokemon. I have even devoted half of my name to it.
Mareep is god

Well, mine's kind of cliche, but mine is Pikachu. I just like it, always have, always will.

As far as battling Pokemon, I have two. Raichu (Have one in Diamond nicknamed Samantha. I need another DS so I can transfer it to HeartGold), and Mamoswine (I haven't gotten to Ice Cave yet, my game data got erased, so I had to start over.)

DoctorOak said:
Gear.

I'm so getting a Gear. Seriously I am. But in the games that actually are out now I like at the moment Arcanine because he's my friend from first gen, Magnezone because I'm training one at the moment and it really suits my playing style and looks cool, and last but not least who could forget Gliscor, the best lead since sliced bread.....if sliced bread was a lead.

Swalot, for SURE. Just the entire concept of it is freaking awesome, the only thing it can't digest is it's own stomach. I wonder if it became an alcoholic, how would that effect it's liver? xD

Espeon. Just look at my plushie I had Tun make me, that's a personal Espeon chara. I've always loved it since Stadium 2, before I even got my Crystal version.

Other faves include most of the starters, Jolteon, Flygon, Manetric (Magpie + BF liking = Me liking), Dragonite, HM slaves - Bibarrel, Ampharos, Venomoth and Hitmonchan.

+1 postcount.

DoctorOak said:
Gear.

I don't think it's the best, but it very cool. I am so getting one, seriously.
However, my absolute favourite pokémon is definitely Totodile. Why? Awesome crocodile of infinite jollyness'n stuff! Why not? =D