• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite something daily!

Hai! Everyday I'll post saying something like 'What's your favourite book?' And then you guys tell everyone! I Marigot not be able to do it every day but I'll try! So yeah that's about it so enjoy!
You can have multiple choices or a list but don't make it too long.

Today's one is...
What's your favourite manga?

Mine is, all the Pokemon manga because it's just awesome. Fullmetal Alchemist, due to its connection to alchemy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, tough one! I must say I have a soft spot for the original Yugioh mangas, I really enjoyed the stories in those and it not being completely about duel monsters.

Mine would be Vampire Knight! And I still haven't been able to finishes it!
I like a lot of the characters cool and interesting. I like the back stories and the unique take on vampires that the manga has. I have also seen the anime but sadly it stopped after season two and didn't finish. So I favor the manga of Vampire Knight much more and right now I would say it is my favorite. :)

Ah, this one is tricky. :? Right off the top of my mind I would have to say The Princess Bride. I used to watch it over and over again all the time when I was a kid.
I love the story line and the characters. The movie is one of my favorite things ever to quote. For me to not have this movie as one of my favorites would be inconceivable! <.>

well, my fav movie is Spiderman and the secret wars,
(I like shows more than movies though)
My fav shows are:
Winx (WOW currently)
Pokémon
Digimon (Universe)
RWBY (Volume 4)
Ben 10 (Omniverse)
WOW is at the top right now, because it is just plain mindblowing, never think winx would go 007, then BAM!!! All whole bunch of action and intesnsity

lol I looked it up but it looks like it's for girls tho
My favourite movie(s) is the Martian, all the Pokemon movies, the fullmetal Alchemist movies, 2012 and against the wild.

My favourite movies are:

Wreck it Ralph - Hands down one of the best animated films ever IMO (along with The Lion King and Zootopia). One of the very few movies that I can re-watch over again in one sitting. I just love everything about this movie.
Kill Bill Vol.1 - Another movie that I find insanely re-watchable. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this film, but it never, ever gets old. I love the plot, the characters, and the badass action scenes. The music is great as well. I also really loved how they animated O-Ren Ishii's backstory in an anime style.
Vol.2 is good as well, but Vol.1 will always be the best IMO.
The Lion King - Has always been one of my favourite Disney films. I love everything about it. I even managed to get my sister to become a fan of it. The second film is also great.
The Neverending Story - For Nostalgic reasons. Even though some parts absolutley terrified me as a kid, they were never enough to make me stop loving the film. Also, Falkor is awesome!
Pacific Rim - Giant robots fighting giant alien Monsters (Kaiju). What's not to love?
Like Wreck it Ralph and Kill Bill Vol.1, I find this movie also insanely re-watchable.
Oh, and how can I forget the badassery that is Otachi♡
Zootopia - This movie gets better and better the more I see it. I love it.

I missed a couple days so I'll do two!
Today is Favourite Songs and Tv Shows!

Favourite Tv Shows: The Vampire Diarys, The Amazing World Of Gumball, The Jeremy Kyle Show, The Chase, All Pokemon Shows, Family Guy, American Dad, Tipping Point, Tenable, I'm A Celebrity, Prank Pad, And many many more!
Favourite Music and Songs: Closer, Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, Sorry, Lightning, Best Day If My Life, All Pokemon Theme Songs, Monody, Unity and many more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorite tv shows...

1. Pokémon: I mean.. what's not to like. I've been aspired by this show to draw a new region of fakemons in real life. I can watch a single espisode over and over again. It's about a ten year old boy named ash Ketchum and his pikachu and their dreams is to be the very best.

2. Yo Kai watch: One of my favorites because it sometimes has funny episodes and it's about a boy named Nate and he try's to solve the worlds problems made by yo Kai. Thanks to Whisper, Jibanyan, and the rest of the befriended yo Kai. Nate successfully solves anything strange.

3. Teen titans Go: Five super Awsome heroes save Jump city and its civilization and still has time to fight over who gets the last pizza slice.:p;)

I don't know any more shows that well beisides this. I know some shows that I like. But not my favorite.

My favourite songs would have to be (in no particular order) Monody, Blue Lips, Hopes & Dreams, Showtime, Sburban Jungle, and Derse Dreamers. (To name a few. I don't want to flood this with even more Homestuck soundtracks.)

My top shows are:

3.) We Bare Bears: This show really knows what it is, and I appreciate that. It takes the most cliché, stupid things and makes them a work of art. Don't ask me to describe exactly why I love this show, it's just great.

2.) Over the Garden Wall: This show was so cleverly written and had a wonderful atmosphere. I grew to love each and every character, and each character grew and developed in wonderful ways. It really is a shame that it only lasted ten episodes, yet the writers managed to make such an impact in such a short amount of time. Bravo to them, and I really hope the show returns in some way.

1.) Homestuck is my favourite anime Steven Universe: Anyone who knows me should've expected this. If the saying "With great risk comes great reward" is true, then the authors here have achieved a very high reward. Each of the characters is unique and well-thought out/developed, and rarely does a character get overshadowed. Everyone is not who they seem on the surface, and the plot leaves you guessing. Unfortunately, a lot of the fanbase is more toxic than the fangs of the Inland Taipan, but the quality of the material in the show's canon itself makes this more than worth it. I mean, seriously. What cartoon pokes fun at their own crappy episode airing scheduling? (Skip to 2:20)

A couple runner-ups were Gravity Falls and Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, but I couldn't really think of a description as of why. I would also list shows I hate, but that's obviously not the point of this thread.

Apologies for the long post with way too many hyperlinks.

EDIT: Just realized how many cartoons I watch. Wow. I need to get a life.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me commenting on this again, but I couldn't help it. I really like topics like this.

Favourite Songs:

Boy, this is a hard one, mostly because my favourites constantly change over time. Here are some songs I like a lot at the moment though:
Samurai - Lookas (anything by Lookas, really) (Trap)
The Buzz - Hermitude (Unsure of the Genre, but it sounds like Future Bass)
Sunshine - TIEKS (Unsure of the genre, but I'm guessing House)
Betrayed - JAEGER (Trap)
King Kong - PVX (Trap)
Aquarium Park Act.1 - Sonic Colours OST (Video Game music)
Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead (Progressive Rock?)

As for Favourite TV shows, this one is definitely a lot easier to anwser than the previous question. Anyways, here they are:
Game of Thrones - Coolest Show Ever! Nuff said.
Summer Heights High - I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of this one (unless you're Australian), but it basically follows three different characters (Jonah, Ja'mie, and Mr.G, all played by Chris Lilley) from a high called Summer Heights High, obviously.
Seriously one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, and it is super rewatchable. It's a shame that it only ran for 8 episodes. Thankfully two spin-off series were created, one focusing on Jonah called Jonah from Tonga, and the other focusing on Ja'mie called Ja'mie: Private School Girl. I love both of them as well.
Attack on Titan - I know it's an anime, but since other people here have listed anime (Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, etc), it should still count, right?
Anyway, this is hands down my favourite anime of all time. The plot is awesome, the characters are awesome, the soundtrack is awesome, everything is awesome about this show! I can't wait for season 2.

I missed a couple days so I'll do two!
Today is Favourite Songs and Tv Shows!
Favorite songs: Uh... Let's see here... "Light 'em Up"(Fall Out Boy), "The Sound of Silence"(Disturbed), "Centuries"(Fall Out Boy), "New Divide"(Linkin Park), Pokemon Johto, "No"(Meghan Trainor), "Burn"(Ellie Goulding), "Straight to the Top"(Some parody of some song that I forget, by TryHardNinja), "Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Song"(The Living Tombstone)
Favorite TV shows: Hm... POKEMON!!! I think that's about it...

I hope you don't mind me commenting on this again, but I couldn't help it. I really like topics like this.

Favourite Songs:

Boy, this is a hard one, mostly because my favourites constantly change over time. Here are some songs I like a lot at the moment though:
Samurai - Lookas (anything by Lookas, really) (Trap)
The Buzz - Hermitude (Unsure of the Genre, but it sounds like Future Bass)
Sunshine - TIEKS (Unsure of the genre, but I'm guessing House)
Betrayed - JAEGER (Trap)
King Kong - PVX (Trap)
Aquarium Park Act.1 - Sonic Colours OST (Video Game music)
Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead (Progressive Rock?)

As for Favourite TV shows, this one is definitely a lot easier to anwser than the previous question. Anyways, here they are:
Game of Thrones - Coolest Show Ever! Nuff said.
Summer Heights High - I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of this one (unless you're Australian), but it basically follows three different characters (Jonah, Ja'mie, and Mr.G, all played by Chris Lilley) from a high called Summer Heights High, obviously.
Seriously one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, and it is super rewatchable. It's a shame that it only ran for 8 episodes. Thankfully two spin-off series were created, one focusing on Jonah called Jonah from Tonga, and the other focusing on Ja'mie called Ja'mie: Private School Girl. I love both of them as well.
Attack on Titan - I know it's an anime, but since other people here have listed anime (Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, etc), it should still count, right?
Anyway, this is hands down my favourite anime of all time. The plot is awesome, the characters are awesome, the soundtrack is awesome, everything is awesome about this show! I can't wait for season 2.
Lol, I don't mind! Thai post is all about sharing your favourite things so it's ok!
Today is what's your favourite colour

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Coffee, coffee, coffee~! Coffee is one of my most favourite things in the world. ♥
Edit: Only just noticed that we were talking colours here. My bad! Mine is hot rod red~

Last edited:
My favourite drinks? Oh boy.

In no particular order:
  1. Cherry Coke
  2. Coffee
  3. Root beer
  4. …Faygo (and I hate myself for it)
  5. Coffee
  6. Minty hot chocolate
  7. Did I say coffee yet?
  8. The blood of my enemies (I know I said in no particular order but this is my favourite)

My favourite drinks? Oh boy.

In no particular order:
  1. Cherry Coke
  2. Coffee
  3. Root beer
  4. …Faygo (and I hate myself for it)
  5. Coffee
  6. Minty hot chocolate
  7. Did I say coffee yet?
  8. The blood of my enemies (I know I said in no particular order but this is my favourite)
What's Faygo?

It's a soda that has relevance to the webcomic Homestuck. My friend made me* drink it and I learned it is actually good. I still hate myself for it.

*She really didn't make me. That was entirely me… I kinda stole her Faygo.
Interesting, I've heard of homestuck but never looked at anything to do with it. Never knew it was popular enough to have a soda made after it :] What is it about tho?

Interesting, I've heard of homestuck but never looked at anything to do with it. Never knew it was popular enough to have a soda made after it :] What is it about tho?
Oh, no. You've got the wrong idea.
The soda was made before the webcomic, it is merely a reference.
As for a description of Homestuck… err…
Homestuck uhh… I can't really explain the premise. In short (spoiler-free), it is a webcomic about four kids who play a reality-warping game with the ability to destroy the world and create a new one. They form closer bonds and learn more about themselves during the journey. It is kind of strange in the beginning… and the middle… and the rest… but it is a good story if you can understand it and not just look on the surface of what it is. The webcomic makes this difficult for you, however, with constant flashbacks, alternate timelines, paradoxes, and the fact that the story doesn't really start to come together until Act 5 (but DON'T SKIP ANY ACTS OR THE INTERMISSION. TRUST ME), but it's still good. Really Homestuck is a hodgepodge of jumbled ideas and, for lack of a better word, stuff, but it is still great and has managed to hold a fanbase for almost a year after its end. While it is a diamond in the rough, it does have a few downsides. If you aren't comfortable with swearing, don't read Homestuck. If you aren't comfortable with darker themes and major character death, don't read it. If you aren't comfortable with blood and depictions of violence, don't read it (people get stabbed a lot). If you have extremely sensitive eyes, don't read it. Some of the panels are brightly-coloured and flash very quickly. That's a lot of don'ts, but there's one more. Don't let this deter you though, because it's great. :)

I said I wouldn't rant, I lied. Sorry. Still interested? Well, you may not be if I tell you that the webcomic has about 10,000 pages (not counting the fact that you may have to backtrack due to lack of understanding on some concepts. I had to do such multiple times) and was made in MS paint over a span of seven years. I'm not saying it's bad. Just do not read it if you value having a social life. It gets addicting after Act 1. Again, don't let this deter you, but if you tend to want to 'skip to the good part,' I hope you're not in it for the story, because nothing will make sense.

Also, please don't just read the wiki and ignore the webcomic. It's just a major pet peeve of mine I guess.

You could also ignore this and just do what you want. It's a free internet. I'm not stopping you. :D

Oh, no. You've got the wrong idea.
The soda was made before the webcomic, it is merely a reference.
As for a description of Homestuck… err…
Homestuck uhh… I can't really explain the premise. In short (spoiler-free), it is a webcomic about four kids who play a reality-warping game with the ability to destroy the world and create a new one. They form closer bonds and learn more about themselves during the journey. It is kind of strange in the beginning… and the middle… and the rest… but it is a good story if you can understand it and not just look on the surface of what it is. The webcomic makes this difficult for you, however, with constant flashbacks, alternate timelines, paradoxes, and the fact that the story doesn't really start to come together until Act 5 (but DON'T SKIP ANY ACTS OR THE INTERMISSION. TRUST ME), but it's still good. Really Homestuck is a hodgepodge of jumbled ideas and, for lack of a better word, stuff, but it is still great and has managed to hold a fanbase for almost a year after its end. While it is a diamond in the rough, it does have a few downsides. If you aren't comfortable with swearing, don't read Homestuck. If you aren't comfortable with darker themes and major character death, don't read it. If you aren't comfortable with blood and depictions of violence, don't read it (people get stabbed a lot). If you have extremely sensitive eyes, don't read it. Some of the panels are brightly-coloured and flash very quickly. That's a lot of don'ts, but there's one more. Don't let this deter you though, because it's great. :)

I said I wouldn't rant, I lied. Sorry. Still interested? Well, you may not be if I tell you that the webcomic has about 10,000 pages (not counting the fact that you may have to backtrack due to lack of understanding on some concepts. I had to do such multiple times) and was made in MS paint over a span of seven years. I'm not saying it's bad. Just do not read it if you value having a social life. It gets addicting after Act 1. Again, don't let this deter you, but if you tend to want to 'skip to the good part,' I hope you're not in it for the story, because nothing will make sense.

Also, please don't just read the wiki and ignore the webcomic. It's just a major pet peeve of mine I guess.

You could also ignore this and just do what you want. It's a free internet. I'm not stopping you. :D
Lol, um I might look into it. It's not really my thing but it sounds interesting tho.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I'm also a fan of whisky and TAB.
If you've not had TAB, you haven't truly lived yet.
They're both very delicious beverages. Try them.

...Unless you're underage, in which case try whisky once you're 18.

Last edited: