• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

ZA Past or future?

Hello,

I'm here just to share my hope/Understanding of what's to come from the Legends ZA game, and the state of the story/Timeline.

+Let's get into it.
Personally, I feel there's a need for a reset..
For example, having the bad guys win.. Everything dies (mostly) and then the story starts anew.
Lots of ghost versions of pokemon lost in the big bad, and so on.

Starting from scratch.
No confusing lores or multiverse..
Or at least, somthing like that anyways.

That being said, could ZA be exactly that, just less barbaric than what I'm thinking?
I mean, it's happened before according to Az's lore..
--------------

+Lets start with the past:
As we know, War took place and a machine was used to end the war.
Also creating the two timelines in the process. (One with mega and one without).

Now.. in the upcoming game we could be exploring just before this event or during the war itself.
With the ending being the firing of the machine, ending things so on and so forth.

A good insight of the past, just as in the game Arceus.
And we can't rule the past out because of the technology look of the teaser, since they had the technology for the machine for Az to use after all.

But anyway..
--------------------

+Moving on, The future..

The other possibility for the game is the future and this could be anything really, of course with the center always drawing to Az once more.

This leads me to think, is history repeating itself?
Is Az trying to correct his mistake?
Could it be a refire of the machine?
Thus ending or mixing the two timelines together?

For me this would be a cool take.
A reset on the storyline with the events of ZA being the Beginning and the end. (Given the name, could be likely)
All while explaining and "fixing" the seemingly messy timeline of pokemon.

An end point for the current world(s).
And a starting point for the pokemon world to have a single lore behind it.

At least, that's my take/hope on it all anyways.
Thanks for reading

From what was shown in the trailer I doubt we'll get anything too far in the past or with any real association to the war that happened. They suggest that the plot of the game is going to revolve around the construction of Lumiose city. Whether that means the entire game will take place within Lumiose or whether there's a deeper, more lore-filled plot beyond that is hard to say.