• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
An update to the official site has revealed six new Pokémon. Two of them are the Pokémon revealed in the most recent Corocoro leak, while four are brand new.

Let's start with the ones we already know.

Mimikyu_RGB_300dpi.png
Mimikyu, the Disguise Pokémon, keeps its Japanese name. As previously reported it is a [type]ghost[/type]/[type]fairy[/type] type, and its Disguise ability enables it to take one free hit in battle without taking any damage, before being broken. It is also portrayed using Slash using a shadowy limb extended from beneath its low-budget cosplay (which apparently it makes itself, by making markings appear on a plain cloth).
Bewear_RGB_300dpi.png
Kiteruguma is now known as Bewear - though I am still not sure why is it continuously pushed as a bear when it is obviously a red panda (which, unlike the giant panda, are not actually bears). As previously reported, it is a [type]normal[/type]/[type]fighting[/type] type, it is classified as the Strong Arm Pokémon and its ability is either Klutz or the new ability Fluffy, halves the damage taken from moves that make direct contact - though the trade-off is giving it an additional weakness to Fire moves. I suppose mascot suits are highly flammable after all.

And now for the actually new Pokémon.
Wimpod_RGB_300dpi.png
First off is Wimpod, the Turn Tail Pokémon. It is a [type]bug[/type]/[type]water[/type] Pokémon that I can only assume is meant to be some kind of a crustacean (the name suggests an isopod or perhaps a copepod). It is apparently very cowardly, and its ability, Wimp Out, makes it escape or switch out when its HP is reduced to less than 50%. Whether or not this escape is accompanied by a group of minstrels singing about how Brave Sir Wimpod Ran Away is a whole other question - though I personally hope that it gets over its fears when it evolves and becomes a true terror of an aquatic arthropod. The thing is pretty dang adorable as it is, though! It is shown using Struggle Bug.

Bounsweet_RGB_300dpi.png
Bounsweet, the Fruit Pokémon, is a [type]grass[/type] type Pokémon based on the mangosteen fruit. Its abilities are Leaf Guard or Oblivious, and apparently it spends a great deal of its life looking like it's skipping merrily when it's actually running for its life from things trying to eat it, or getting dizzy by helicoptering its leaves around to drive its foes away. How the species survived in the wild is anyone's guess - but it did, so there you have it.
Comfey_RGB_300dpi.png
Comfey, the Posy Picker Pokémon (say that three times really fast) is a [type]fairy[/type] type that, let's be honest, had to happen. What is a Hawaiian-based region without flower leis? Hardly a Hawaiian based region at all. Its fondness for flowers aside, Comfey is a spirit of healing, often serving as a medic in Pokemon Centers. Its abilities are either Flower Veil or the new Triage ability, which makes its restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle.
Mudsdale_RGB_300dpi.png
Lastly, we have Mudsdale, the Draft Horse Pokémon - a [type]ground[/type] type with the abilities Own Tempo or the new Stamina ability, which raises its defense by one stage when it is hit by an attack. It has a new move called High Horsepower (looking at the thing's eyes I can definitely see why - that certainly appears to be a rather high horse), shown to be Super-Effective against Togedemaru (which means it is very likely a Ground-type or a Fighting-type move, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rapidash could inherit the thing somehow).

Alongside the new creatures, a new mode called 'Hyper Training' has been introduced (probably the next logical step from Super Training), which is apparently capable of changing Pokémon Stats even after they reach level 100. The Hyper Training tutor apparently collects Bottle Caps, which serve as payment for such. The event Magearna distributed with the upcoming movie is supposedly holding one such bottle cap.

Lastly, a new feature has been added to the Global Link - the ability to host your own tournaments, with customizable rulesets (not many options have been revealed so far, but this may change with time).

Overall another fairly snazzy update full of interesting creatures. Here's to the next one?

Wimpod looks cool, all I see though is it being a fossil Pokemon even though its not.

Bounsweet almost looks like Cherubi. It looks like it might turn into a Grass/Flying type or a Grass/Fairy type.

Comfey looks like more of support Pokemon and not a massive attacker.

Mudsdale doesn't look to creative, but I could see this thing turning into a Ground/Fighting type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oooh customizable tournaments sounds awesome :o I might not use it myself but I can see it coming in handy here or on other Pokemon sites.

Priority healing moves sounds pretty badass, even if I'm kinda meh about Comfey's appearance. I hope it gets the stats to actually be usable. Wimpod is adorable and I want one, like, now. With Mimikyu. Probably my favorite of the batch today ♥ (I'm aware Mimikyu was revealed during the Corocoro leaks but you know what I mean). Disguise sounds like a really interesting ability and allows it to potentially do some set-up stuff. Mudsdale is really funny looking but for whatever reason I love it. Tanky horse? Yes please.

Overall been pretty pleased with the new Pokemon of Alola, and I can't wait to see more :'D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I am so on board with a new horse Pokemon. I had never really thought how underutilized horses were in the Pokemon world until this video dropped today. The continual presenting of its anus when attacking could get a bit old, though.

My feelings on em all

Bewear: The pun is killing me, but it's cute and it's a god darn hugging pokemon. I see it being the NU mega loppuny, despite having a defensive ability. fluffy is clearly just a bad fur coat.

Mimikyu: Ahhhhhhh I love it. disguise is amazing and it's sob story of wanting to be loved works. The costume is just adorably bad.

The actual new ones:
Wimpod: Doesn't amaze me, but I bet this thing is like magikarp. very weak, but be patient, and it evolves into a monster. The evo could have an ability the opposite of wimp out - when the opponent drops beneath half health, the opponent switches forcibly. sounds crazy but eh. maybe it would only work once.

Bounsweet: Oh hi there, cherubi! wait, what?

Comfey: WHAT IT'S A DAISY CHAIN
I like this thing. the flabebe of its generation. could evolve into a stalling machine.

I saved the best for last...
Mudsdale: HOLY. SHIT.
IT'S A DRAFT HORSE MULE THING OMG I LOVE IT SBSHSGDGDGDY

uh... I like mudsdale. it's a badass horse that gives no fucks. give it to me NOW.

Alright... My thoughts on these:
Bewear: Buddy, you're name is a pun and it is awesome. I'm gonna catch you and give you to my friend who REALLY loves your design. I like this guy. And DAMN is he big.
Mimikyu: I need one. NOW. So cute.
Bounsweet: AW. So cute!!!
My mom really likes it, but she just calls it Strawberry. I love it, but I already have Rowlet for my grass type.
Mudsdale: Really cool, My brother says that he'll probably use it. Not much else...
Comfey: Aww, so adorable. Might use it since it's just a fairy.
Wimpod: Looks awesome, it's evolution will probably look great, too. New team member.
So with all that....
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

I'm glad Mimikyu basically has the same name! It's such a cute name. ♥

Bewear is an A+ pun and I love it, even if.. It is a red panda and not. Really a bear. :'D

Wimpod is adorable!! And well.. So are Bounsweet and Comfey. I'm really excited that there's a Pokemon based on a flower lei!!

Mudsdale is my FAVOURITE of the new ones though. Most of my life from when I was a child to a young teen was spent riding and adoring horses, and a good few years of those included riding a clydesdale!! I'm so happy to have another horse Pokemon, especially one based on one of my favourite breeds. ♥

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'd like to see a rooster pokemon that annoys everyone with its constant crowing next. :p

Tapu Koko sends its regards. :p At the very least it's as close to a trolling rooster as we'll get most likely.

Of all the new ones this batch Mudsdale is the one I like best. Nothing says badass like a 2.5m tall 1000kg horse with enough running power to tear up an asphalt road. I doubt it'll evolve into anything but we might get a pre-evo.

Wimpod would be amazing if it weren't for its Ability. Hopefully it goes the Magikarp route by evolving into something terrifying and less cowardly. Other than that, its adorable and I love it!

I... still cannot get my mind around Pedobear. I just can't. Knowing the anime, they'll probably use the pun Beware Bewear in its debut episode. I wouldn't be surprised.

The rest I really haven't formed an opinion on yet.

Tapu Koko sends its regards. :p At the very least it's as close to a trolling rooster as we'll get most likely.

Of all the new ones this batch Mudsdale is the one I like best. Nothing says badass like a 2.5m tall 1000kg horse with enough running power to tear up an asphalt road. I doubt it'll evolve into anything but we might get a pre-evo.

Wimpod would be amazing if it weren't for its Ability. Hopefully it goes the Magikarp route by evolving into something terrifying and less cowardly. Other than that, its adorable and I love it!

I... still cannot get my mind around Pedobear. I just can't. Knowing the anime, they'll probably use the pun Beware Bewear in its debut episode. I wouldn't be surprised.

The rest I really haven't formed an opinion on yet.
Yeah, I think Mudsdale is gonna go down the Gogoat line with having an adorable pre-evolution. And maybe you can ride on it?
That would be awesome.
Also #Wimpod.

... I think the Alola region kind of hates its Pokemon. I mean, look at this. Bounsweet is eaten whole on a daily basis, used as an air freshener, helped by no one because apparently people can't seem to tell that it's racing for its life, and gets incredibly dizzy whenever it tries to defend itself. I hope the majority of the population has oblivious, because that is just a sad life. @Curtkid , if anyone has a drinking problem, it shouldn't be Barry but this guy. Bewear might accidentally kill its trainer by hugging it and is widely renowned to be incredibly dangerous because it is in a good mood. I mean, for other reasons to, but they basically state that whenever it is in a good mood that you should get the heck out of dodge. Oh, and it's combustible. Glorious. Comfey... well, I guess Comfey lives an okay life in the region, although I'd personally hate to throw my flower collection at my enemies whenever I have to fight. But I guess it likes doing that. I dunno. Mimikyu is just... kind of sad, but I guess most ghosts are incredibly lonely anyways, Wimpod is targeted by people and Pokemon on the off chance that it might be holding something shiny, and Mudsdale is flat out forbidden to run on some Alola streets. But what can I say? I love these guys.

I practically freaked when I saw Mudsdale because I absolutely loved its design. It looks kind of tribal, incredibly solemn, and just awesome. Plus, it's based off of draft horses and Clydesdales. My heart is screaming to hug it. Don't worry, Mudsdale. I'll run through the street with you, and we can break the law together.

When I saw Wimpod... well, you basically got my reaction down to the letter.
"Bravely born Sir. Wimpod, he swims through the ocean. He is not afraid to die in many nasty ways! To have his gut cut out or his head chopped off or mauled by greedy birds! Brave brave brave brave brave brave Sir. Wimpod!"
I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when someone else thought of that to. Probably because I'm laughing so hard that I can't think straight. This is awesome.

Erm.... nothing interesting to say about the other Pokemon XD For now, no matter how cool and kind of abused these Pokemon are, they shall now just kind of exist.

Oh wait. One more thing.

How is Bounsweet being swallowed whole? It's one foot tall guys. How the heck is he being swallowed whole? And more importantly, what is swallowing him whole? I.. I'm getting really nervous here, guys. That Pokemon is a foot tall. And it's being swallowed whole. And we are keeping it in our houses as are fresheners. And it's being swallowed whole in our houses. We're inviting gigantic beasts into our houses THAT CAN SWALLOW A ONE FOOT TALL POKEMON WHOLE.

.... I'm going to go lie down.

And never let one of those things into my house.
And maybe freak out.

Gamefreak why you no have a Pokemon that looks like a Pegasus as a mega for Rapidash or more pokemon from space,pokemons that have both types like water and fire{ we may have volcanion but we need a few more} but still like the new pokemon that are coming out