• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

Nion looked at Rai. "I guess where going to the stadium before going to hoenn."Nion said before returning his Lapras. Nion sent out his blaziken named Blaze, Nion hopped on Blazes back before Blaze began running for the stadium. When they got to the stadium Blaze climbed the wall of the stadium before landing in the middle of the arena making a little hole and some dust clouds rising. Nion jumped off Blaze when he arrived in the arena. Nion went over to a side of the arenas right wall waiting for Tes and Rai maybe even other famailer faces.

Riley rolled his eyes at at Zack's shower comment. "I would but there probably isn't even a shower working after what just happened." Riley said as he started to look around. It was just destruction everywhere. Building were destroyed and bodies were everywhere. The whole city had been destroyed. "If it wasn't the legendary Pokemon who had done this, it has to be something man made." Riley spoke aloud as he turned to Zack who seemed to be troubled by something. "You said you went to see Drew and then you came back, which means something is going on." Riley assumed before he looked up to the sound of helicopters flying overhead. "Please report to the stadium!" Someone on the helicopter ordered through a loudspeaker. "Well that's where I'll probably find some more answers." Riley stated before he sent out the Pokemon from the pokeball he saved. The mighty dragon roared and flapped it's wings, causing a few gusts of wind as it was sent out. "Calm down Salamence." Riley comforted the Pokemon by rubbing it's side. After getting on Salemence's back, Riley then looked at Layla and Zack. "There's enough space on Salamence for all of us. Um, do you guys want to come?" Riley asked a bit nervously, still not really good at offering help either.

Last edited:
Riley's words went in one ear and out the other. Even the sound of the helicopters above, and the salamence that was just thrown out, didn't break his thoughts. The bad memories getting worse by the second as he stared at the blood stained glass. Zack began hyperventilating.
"I-I didn't... I'm sorry," Zack mumbled, trying to stop the voices booming in his head. Torch, who really wanted to rough house with the new dragon, noticed his master's disturbance. Worried, he snorted a gust of smoke, which still didn't seem to do anything.

Danny rode in on his Feraligatr. He looked towards Peterson Island, which was in ruins. He heard anannouncment through the sounds of helicopters, that told him to go to the stadium.

Danny assumed it was for the trainers entering the tournament. He shifted his Pokemon in the direction of the stadium, or atleast, what looked like a stadium.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai reaches the tournament and sees a bunch of trainers and not long after Aerodactyl returns to Rai undamage.

" I'm glad that you're okay Aerodactyl you did great." rai said,

Rai returns Aerodactyl into her Pokeball.

Tes had returned Lapras when she met a challenge. "You can do this." She said to Melotic. The pokemon reared up and dived to the Stadium. It lept over the walls using waterfall to launch it up and landed with another waterfall. "Nice!" Tes said, still in her bathing suit and soaked.

Nion saw as water spilled on the arena floor revealing Tes and Melotic. "Well that's one way to enter an arena!"Nion said in loud voice to Tes smiling. Nion looked around and not many civilians were in the stadium, could the earthquake have taken out almost all the islands population? Nion couldn't bare to think of it.

Aspen nodded. "Let's go," she said, and they headed towards the stadium. When they got there, Aspen was disappointed at the number of people inside. "Arceus, I hope this isn't everyone that got out," she said quietly, looking around.

Danny landed and returned his Feraligatr. He entered the stadium. Few people that were in the stadium, which made Danny think that the disaster was larger than he expected. He sat down in one of the stadium seat and sighed.

Sighing, Tes accepted the truth of the matter. "Probably the second option." She said in a sad voice. In an even lower tone, she said, "I've seen pokemon's earthquakes, nature's earthquakes, and man-made earthquakes. I know which one it was. How about you guys?"

Nion looked at the ground. "Well things happen very badly in the tournaments I've been in it seems and I have seen some earthquakes, but not one this serious."Nion said before looking at Tes. "I don't think I ever told you my name Tes, well it's Nion"Nion said smiling at Tes.

Tes shrugged at the name. "Wouldn't have used it even if you said it before. And what you mean on what happens in tournaments, thats why I don't participate in them." She looked up to see the helicopters. "Where do you expect them to take us?" (Plot twist, the criminal team is running the helicopters. Who's with me?)

Nion looked at the helicopters. "Well all the tournament's I've been to have always gone wrong in some way and ends on a bad note."Nion said before looking back at Tes. "Well I hope they take us somewhere where we can sleep and have our own rooms."Nion said smiling at Tes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew walked into the stadium and saw the survivors of the earth quake. He shook his hand. " All my fault." He mumbled. He saw the helicopters land. In the first Helicopter stepped out an aging man with Drew's eye color.
The older man looked around. " Food and aid will be given to everyone." He said. " We are terrible sorry for what happened and we promise we'll get everything up and running. Now I need as many able body trainers are anyone who can battle with a pokemon competently to fallow me." He said. " Everyone else will be given a hot meal and a bed to lay on." He said.

Aspen looked to Drew. "Well, I would hope I can battle competently, otherwise the Hoenn League had better tell its Gym Leaders to step up their games," she joked, trying to lighten the mood. She could see that Drew was shaken by this, and she was as well, but she wanted to help morally too. "What about you? Are you going to come, too?"

Drew nodded his head. " Yeah I'm going to help." He said as he smiled at her. It's the least I can do." He said as he looked at her. " Are you okay?" He asked.

The IDF helicopter landed. As it did a middle aged man with salt and pepper hair walked out. He turned his attention to the survivors and grimaced. ' We'll take these fuckers out.' He thought. He then turned his attention to a boy and girl that was in the crowed. He frowned a little bit as he looked at the boy. ' He looks just like him.' He thought.

Aspen shrugged. "I was out on the water with my Lapras when the earthquake struck, so I really wouldn't have known had I not heard it." She didn't know how someone couldn't have heard that, unless they were deaf or something.

Layla was still taking in the destruction that happened in seconds with the sound of helicopters over head. She couldn't believe any of it was happening, especially that she survived it. She turned back to the two trainers, happy that she didn't have to deal with this alone. She heard the announcement just like anyone else but still wasn't sure if the tournament was still on. Honestly she wasn't sure if she wanted to after this. She was surprised by the force Riley's Salamence produced with it's wings alone. After he calmed it down Layla nodded and slid onto it's back. She turned to Zack who seemed to be mumbling to himself. She wasn't sure what was happening. "Zack, you coming? We should probably start going to the stadium."

Zack finally snapped out of his day dream, or really, day nightmare. He shook his head getting his bearings and turned to his friends, who were on board the salamence already. SKRREEEEECH. Zack heard nearby him. He avoided whatever it was, and began walking over to the two dragons. Suddenly, dink dink dink, SNAP. Zack looked up, to see a large piece of construction metal had snapped under the pressure of rock and building pieces, and was falling on top of him. His eyes widened quickly.
"Oh for the love of-" Zack began to say, before the tons of wreckage toppled on him. Torch roared in fear, rushing over to the piles of debris. It tried it's best to lift all the concrete and sheets of metal, but there was too much. All that was left was his sunglasses sitting on the ground.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Zack yelled as he continued to fall down a ravine that the earthquake had caused. The pillars of weight had broken a hole through the ground, causing Zack to fall through. Falling down the cavern it was hard to breath, going at the fast speeds. Suddenly, he smashed into a giant pool of water, saving his life. Gurgle-burb-cough. He rose to the surface, wiping the water from his eyes and crawling out of the water.
"I just wanted one, just one normal day," Zack muffled, before coughing up some water. He swiped aside his wet orange hair, looking around the cave. Zack stood up, and noticed a bunch of technology and construction vehicles.
"HELLO-LO-o-o," Zack yelled to an empty cave, with no response but his echo. He let out a sigh and began walking around, wondering what the hell the place was. It was more than just an underground cave, but like a base... And Zack wanted to know what it was all about.

Drew nodded at Aspens comment as he continued to walk towards the designated area.

An older man with Gaia's uniform was doing what he could to delete the information. " This is Hans Holo." He said. " I'm almost finished with deleting the information. The red lights came on. " Shit." He said as he looked at the screen.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai was wondering why they needed available Trainers for.

"...... why would they need us for, there's not much we can do about this circumstance." lao said

Salemence let out a mighty roar at started flapping its wings wildly after what had just happened to Zack. "Shit!" Riley cursed as he instantly returned Salemence. "What the fuck just happened?" Riley asked no one in particular. He looked forward to see Torch looking at Zack's sunglasses in sorrow. "It's alright." Riley said, patting the dragon as he walking by it. He picked up the glasses and turned around to face Torch. "There is no way Zack would die this easily. I swear I'll find him!" Riley swore, clenching the sunglasses.

After he put the sunglasses in his 'key items' pocket, Riley sent out his Swampert. The blue and orange water Pokemon looked a bit confused as to what was going on but Riley reassured by feed ing it a berry. As Swampert munched on the berry, Riley pulled out a TM. "Good thing we can use these more than once. I just need to remember to give you earthquake before the tournament starts." Riley told Swampert as he started to boot up the TM. A few moments later, Swampert now knew how to use dig. "Well now we're ready to go." Riley said before he turned to Torch and Layla. "Torch, I know you want to come, but there is no way you'll be able to come with us, let alone fit inside. So I want you to go with Layla and she will let the authorities or whoever is in charge know that the champion is on a rescue mission at the moment and won't be able to help. The last I need is the media to start calling me selfish for not showing up to the stadium. Riley told the both of them. "Also Layla, I'm sorry for not fully thanking to you earlier. I'm not really good at recieving help so yeah. Thanks for saving me or else I could've been the one down there." Riley seriously thanked Layla before turning away. After getting onto Swampert, Riley looked one more time at Layla with a smirk on his face. "Well I got to go save your future husband, so wish me luck." Riley teased Layla before Swampert dug down.

After a few moments of digging, Riley started to here some rumbling around them. It seemed to be the aftershocks of the earthquake. "Shit! Brace yourself Swampert!" Riley shouted as held on as hard as he could to Swampert. The hole they had dug started to cave in and Riley could see debris starting to fall towards them. "Dig faster!" Riley ordered Swampert, a bit worried now. Riley could barely see anything at the speed they were going, especially since he was covering his eyes from the dirt around them. After digging for a more moments, all of a sudden it felt like they were in freefall. "Hey Swampert, you're not still digging, are you?" Riley asked, confused as to what was going on. Swampert looked around but it was dark to see anything and it shook it's head. "So that means..." Riley didn't get to finish his thoughts as they plunged into the depths of the underwater lake.

Zack was officially lost. There were so many tunnels, so many rooms, such much stuff everywhere. He noticed a couple cameras following him as he did, which unsettled him.
"Lost in an underground base, no way out, and I'm hungry. It doesn't get much worse than that," he muttered to himself, walking down a tunnel. It was pretty cool though, seeing water drip from the ceiling and the shimmer reflecting into the cave walls. Though, he still wanted to know what the hell was going on down here that required so much tech and supplies.
Then Zack came upon a door, full iron and steel, locked tightly with a handprint passcode. Zack was tempted to do the stupid option and try his hand, but for once, decided not too. He studied the massive door, and noticed a symbol engraved on the top. It was a fancy G. He wondered what it stood for.
"Another mystery for Mr. Hunter and his partner in crime... The... Cave," Zack sighed, continuing down a tunnel.

Last edited:
Tes shrugged. "You know, why not. It's not like they're gonna take us to a random island and murder us." She said with a joke. She then started to head over to the helicopters.
Drew nodded at Aspens comment as he continued to walk towards the designated area.

An older man with Gaia's uniform was doing what he could to delete the information. " This is Hans Holo." He said. " I'm almost finished with deleting the information. The red lights came on. " Shit." He said as he looked at the screen.
(hans holo had me cracking up.)

Riley breathed hard and fast once he finally got up to the surface. They had gone pretty deep into the water but thankfully Swampert was a great swimmer and brought Riley up for air as fast as it good. "I'm alright." Riley reassure the worried Pokemon as he laid on its back for a moment. However, his clothes were bacically soaked and Riley shivered as he felt the coldness go through him. As Riley laid down, he looked up to see the way they came from. However it was too dark to see anything and Riley assumed they were deep underground.

"Well I guess we'll have to find another way out once we find Zack." Riley thought to himself as he tried to think of where Zack could've gone. Riley knew Zack wouldn't allow himself to drown underwater so he had to be somewhere in the underground cave. Riley sat up and looked around. It was so dark, Riley figured that there had to be different lakes and he just swam up the wrong one. Another question Riley had was where all the water had come from. They were on a island so it made sense that there would be underground reservoirs. "We just need to find where all the water is going." Riley concluded, looking down at Swampert. "I'm going to need to come up for air so try to come up as fast as you can when tap your head." Riley told Swampert. His plan was to keep going underwater until he found where the water was going. Riley took a deep breath before Swampert dove underwater.

Nion looked at Breon. "Its quite clear there going to need help cleaning up the rubble or rescuing other people." Nion said before walking towards the helicopters also when he noticed Blaze wasn't moving towards the helicopters also. "Come on Blaze we need to go!" Nion yelled for blaze. Blaze grunted, Blaze felt suspicious about the whole situation. "Come on Blaze!" Nion said clearly getting upset. Blaze didn't want to go but he wasn't about to disobey his trainer so he began walking towards the helicopter. When Nion reached the airplane he looked at some older looking fella. "Me and a couple of other people have pokemon and are here to help." Nion said smiling to man.

After a while of walking, he came upon a huge open room, with one gigantic whirlpool of raging water in the center of it. It reminded him of the one he'd landed in, only like, tripled in size, and spinning in loops towards the center.
"Pfft. And I thought I'd seen it all," Zack said as he entered the room. He scanned his surroundings. The ceiling had one huge hole leading up to, what Zack thought, was the surface. The room was a giant dome shape, constructed from deep black wet rock. The ceiling was wet too... Wait...
"It's wet? Even up there? So that means... Could the water level seriously been that high at one point?" Zack questioned himself, looking at the whirlpool, and back at the walls.
"This is just one huge drain! And... Without the water supporting the island, this entire place is going to cave in on itself," Zack realized as his eyes widened. He was partly proud of his detective skills, but that wasn't important. He bolted over to the nearest computer screen, showing a 3D model of the tunnels and cave he was in. As suspected, he was in the center of it all. There had been a bunch of other rooting water tunnels, all connected to the big one in the center. The top of the giant hole, near the surface, was labeled Starting Point for Drainage. Towards the center dome, where Zack was, it was labeled, Collapse/Earthquake Point. Finally, Zack looked at the bottom, where the water would stop draining, which was labeled... Destruction.
"Oh god... First time I've hated being right. This entire island is going under the ocean if I don't stop it!" Zack realised, quickly turning to the pool of water. He took a pokeball from his pocket and launched it into the water. A burst of white energy appeared under the waves, and a Sharpedo quickly leaped out of the water.
"Hey bud, could you uh, swim in the opposite direction of that whirlpool for me? I need you to slow this water down as much as possible," Zack asked his pokemon, who happily obliged. As thanks, Zack through him a treat, and turned to another computer screen. After a lot of studying the screen, he figured out that a bunch of extremely powerful fans had been hooked up at an angle in different parts of the tunnel, which was forcing the water down and out of the island. If he could shut it down somehow, the water would probably jet upwards, back to the surface. Which was also his only ticket out. Now the only question was, where could he shut off the fa-. Zack knew.
"Alright, buddy I'm going to be right back, keep up the good work!" Zack called to his sharpedo, starting to run down the tunnel he came.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai sigh as he has towards the helicopter

" you two are right I'm probably worrying about nothing they must need trainers to get rid of the rubble and save some people that are still trapped inside it." rai said with relief.

McNiel looked at the trainers who fallowed him. " Good." He thought. " This wasn't a Natural earthquake." He said as he tapped on a button as the water fortress appeared. "A group by the name of team Gaia is behind the attacks." He said." Peterson wasn't the first place to be devastated." He pressed another button as the screen changed showing a picture of a ruined Lilycove, rustboro, Mauville. " In order to protect what's left of Hoenn I ask you all to join me in taking team Gaia down." He said.

Nion heard what the man had said and reconized the voice and realized who the man was, maybe McNiel didn't know it was Nion had changed his look. Nion went to the conclusion maybe McNiel would kidnap them. Nion looked back at Tes and Rai. Nion wanted to tell them what this guy was all about, but Nion had known they woulden't believe him because they were smart people. "Ok so you want us to get in the helicopter?"Nion asked McNiel.
(@Jagson @Breon @Cloudswift @Mr.Glaceon @Hotshot14380 @skycaptain @Flashpoint37 Just making sure everyones still getting alerts :) )

McNiel simply looked at the insane homicidal boy and shook his head. " No." He said. " There will be no point going into a helicopter to fight against a underwater," He said. " We'll divide our forces into two groups. " Group A will be lead by the IDF officer Talonflame." He said as he looked at the man. " He and the forces will take on any and all opposition in the water as Group B lead by me will go in these." He said before pressing a button and three small submarines appeared. " We will infiltrate the base and defeat them." He said.

Nion looked at the McNiel although he had just made a bad joke. "I ment we take the helicopters to the beach." Nion said calmly. Nion looked back at Tes and Rai thinking why this needed to happen on the day when theres not even any battles.

" You have feet don't you Nion." He said giving the boy a look as if to say 'don't test me.' He looked at the others. " Anyone who doesn't want to participate in the attack can stay here and help look for survivors and do what you can to fix this place." He said.

Drew walked towards the IDF officer. He looked the man up and down. " I'd like to help with defending the ships." He said. Talonflame looked at him. There was something in the man's eyes that Drew thought was sorrow.

"Sure." Talonflame said.

After coming up for water for what seemed like the hundredth time, Riley was really frustrated. "Damnit Zack! Now I'm stuck here because I decided to go rescue this idiot!" Riley exclaimed, visibly frustrated. "Swampert, this time I want you to go all the way down!" Riley ordered, really wanting to get out of the cave now. Swampert gave Riley a few seconds to take in a large amount of air before diving down as fast as if could.

The first that let Riley know that they hadn't explored this area yet was the fact that they were now starting to be pulled into an underwater tunnel way. 'This was a bad idea.' Riley thought to himself. The tunnel way seemed to be getting smaller the further they went until suddenly they came out into a more open area. They were still underwater but it was more like an underwater cave... except for the fact that was what looked like to be a steel structure in front of them. There was only a tiny pipe sticking out with what seemed like air bubbles coming out of it. However, Riley was more worried about the fact that he needed the air. He motioned Swampert to move to the steel structure between the rocks and Riley started to bang on it. 'Well if it won't open, Swampert use...' Riley suddenly realized he was thinking to himself. He quickly motioned to dig through the structure. Once Riley was on its back, Swampert rammed into the structure at full force, breaking through it.

"What the hell?! Why is there an underwater bathroom over here?" Was the first Riley did when they broke in. However, that was the least of Riley's problems as he suddenly remembered that the bathroom was starting to overflow with water with the hole they made. "Swampert, use rock slide to block off the water!" Riley shouted as he tried to back away. Swampert created a group of large rocks and sent them towards the wall, creating a barrier sorts, stopping the water from coming in. "Good, now let's search this place and see if we can find Zack." Riley said before they both left the bathroom.

Once they got into what seemed like a hallway, they started to hear alarms go off! 'Water Breach! Water Breach!' Then Riley looked down the hall to see a a steel barrier start to come down in front of them. That's when Riley realized that the security system noticed the hole that Riley had made and believed that water was starting to come in. "Shit!" Riley exclaimed, quickly returning Swampert. If anything, Riley did not want to leave the slow Pokemon behind. He bolted past the first barrier before it closed to notice that there were two more up the hallway closing to block off what seemed like a bigger area. Riley ran as fast as he could and had to slide under the last one to make it through.

"What is this place?" Riley asked himself as he looked around the big area Zack had previously been in. He also noticed that there were other tunnels leading to different areas. "Damnit, Zack you better be in here!" Riley shouted as started to look around.

Meanwhile, back at the bathroom, one of the rocks blocking the hole Swampert made had cracked...

Zack was in complete silence, staring at the giant door, trying to think up a way to get in. Suddenly, an alarm went off, like a fire drill in school.
'bahHHHH!!!!!!!" Zack yelped, startled by the sudden loud noise. He wasn't expecting it since the entire time in the cave had been silent. He heard the slamming of metal doors in the distance, probably where the unexpected breach was.
"Dammit, what now? I'll be back for you door, and you will open!" Zack said to his metal door friend. He ran down towards the big room, where he heard all the commotion coming from, and was surprised at who he found.
"R-Riley? How the hell are you down here? And why have you already begun destroying shit?!" Zack asked as he saw the final door close behind Riley. Of all the things I thought made that breach, Riley was not one of them.. Zack thought to himself.