• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Aoisuko looked out at the seats, she noticed a couple people chatting, she scanned the crowd of people ready to watch the tournament before she noticed a Ninjask, with a huge bright silver bow on its head, flying around in a circle excitedly.

“So they brought Shuriken here? I wonder where Dust is then...” Aoisuko mumbled to herself.

“...chuuu...kyuuu... Kyuchu!?” Spark suddenly woke up.

“Oh, you’re awake,” Aoisuko sighed, “Where d’you think the other participants are since I haven’t noticed anyone come anywhere near these rooms...” she continued talking, mostly to herself.

Riley almost got ready to leave, because she was so bored. She exited her room, but took a wrong turn and ended up into another side room. She sighed frustrated, but then saw Aoisuko. She was happy to finally see someone that isn't mean to everybody or just hated her, so she decided to go talk to her. "Hey, long time no see. Are you ready to see me in battle?"Riley asked her with a smile."Unfortunately, I'm in the first match, so I'll get beat up pretty quickly. Heh. So,how have you been?"

Last edited:
Finion understood Alice's desire to visit the other regions as he shared a similar desire. He didn't wish to compare them, he only wished to explore them and experience them. Loki's sudden arrival had startled Finion a little, the trainer turning to look to whom his opponent would be in the second round. He gave a small smile in response but said nothing. Loki was from Jhoto? Immediately he began to try remember all the Jhoto pokemon he could think of, ones that could possibly be on Loki's team.
Sparky, Finion's Pachirisu looked up to Loki with a curious expression, sniffing the trainer and then sticking a tongue out at him. "Hey, Sparky cut that out" Finion reached to pull his Pachirisu off his shoulder and onto his lap, holding the electric type there and looking to Loki with an apologetic and worried smile "Sorry"

Back at the hotel, Shiori was leaning over the toilet and throwing up. The stress of the upcoming tournament was starting to get to him. Raza, no longer using her illusion to disguise herself, gave her trainer a disgusted look.
"I'm... I'm okay..." Shiori said, sitting back on the bathroom floor. Oh jeez... the tournament was today. Today! Stress and anxiety ran rampart through Shiori's system, along with a twinge of excitement. Looking at his Karpman costume lying next to him, the trainer let out a shuddering sigh. Today... today was the day he was going to break his losing streak. He could feel it. And if he was wrong, well... He'd be sure to give the crowd a show they'd never forget. But he could feel the victory in his bones.
"I'll make ya proud, pa..." Shiori growled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karpman burst out of the hotel doors, sprinting towards the stadium at full speed.
"Karpman awayyyy!" Karpman yelled, and people stepped aside to make room for the strange man in the Magikarp mask. In no time, Karpman had made it to the tournament building. He slid to a stop while he looked around for a competitor's lounge, like so many stadiums had. Unfortunately, that meant that Karpman would have to deal with plan B. Quick as a flash, the masked trainer jumped into the restroom.

Moments later, Shiori emerged. Still looking quite nervous (but not as bad as when he was back in his hotel room), Shiori made his way into the stands and started to find a place to sit.

"Hey Finion, is that Karpman! Nice guy." "Though, still really big on cosplaying. But nice guy none the less." Alice didn't mind Karpman, although she didn't know his real name. She would find out today though. She knew he was competing, so he shouldn't be too hard to spot in the stadium. She would love to visit Kanto, his home. Alola, Kanto and Johto were close, so she wasn't sure why she hasn't visited either of the other two regions yet. But she would after she proved herself, she would.

Finion was extremely thankful that Alice had pointed something out, the orange haired trainer immediately looking in the direction Alice spoke of. He saw not Karpman but Shiori, a smile coming across Finion's face as he nodded up to Alice. "Yeah that's him" Like Alice he did not know Karpman's real name. He knew his appearance but he felt it was rude to ask him for his name again ... plus if he asked for Karpman's name he'd do the whole performance again which was cool and everything but rather loud.

Despite being able to walk over to Karpman he decided not to. Shiori seemed nervous and he didn't want to startle the other trainer. Sparky on the other was practically hopping on Finion's shoulder, itching to head over towards him. "... Oh go on then" Finion smiled as he watched the Pachirisu hop onto the floor, quickly scurrying along the rows towards Shiori. Sparky slowed down when he was close to Shiori, calmly walking up to the unmasked hero and then hopping up on the seat next to him. "Pachi, pachi!" The electric squirrel sounded excited, a happy grin on his face as he looked to Shiori.

"Fire Punch huh? Not a bad move. I'll see you at the tournament. Good luck!" Toby recalled the rest of his Pokémon and left the stadium, preparing himself mentally for the tournament. He had unrivalled trust in his team, all he had to do was to stay calm and not let confidence get in his way.

---------------------------------------------------------

The tournament had started, and Toby made sure that he was on time. If he had to face them one day, then he wanted to be prepared. By the looks of it the rude kid from the fountain was up against someone he didn't know. "Let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is, 'Your Cockyness'." He sneered, eager to see what Riley could do.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
2 Days Later

Becca had been in a mad dash to the stadium as she was in a bit of a panic; she had set her alarm clock to go off an hour ago but for whatever reason it failed to go off which meant she overslept.

Naturally, she was frustrated with herself as Sabrina moved in toe with her as trainer and Delphox raced to the stadium as fast as their legs had the capacity to carry them.

"Damn it damn it damn it! I am gonna make whoever made that stupid clock pay for this!" Becca cursed to herself as she and Sabrina managed to finally arrive at the stadium though they appeared to be among the last trainers present.

Though they had made it, which was enough for her to let out a sigh of relief.

2 Days Later
"All right, looking sharp everyone. Return!"

Nathan stood by one of the back entrances of the stadium as several red lights flashed as all his previously released Pokemon returned to their Pokeballs as he managed to sneak in a quick little warm up before he entered the stadium where other trainers had began to gather around.

Seems the competition is filling up, this is getting more interesting by the moment.

Shiori looked over at the sound, and saw Sparky smiling up at him. Even in his nervous state, Shiori couldn't stop a small smile at the sight of the Elesquirrel Pokemon.
"Hey there, little man. Looks like someone's excited for the tournament today." Shiori said, gently petting the Pachirisu. Usually Shiori wasn't the biggest fan of electric Pokemon, but he had to admit that Sparky was growing on him. At the very least, it was a lot softer and less clammy then his water Pokemon. That, and it felt soothing to pet. "Where's Finion?"

Shiori looked up and around the audience, and after a few moments saw Finion and Alice sitting together. Another trainer seemed to be talking to them as well. One of the upcoming competitors, perhaps? Shiori gave Finion and Alice a wave, but elected to stay where he was sitting.

~Rinko~

Aoisuko heard someone start talking, “Oh, hey, I’ve been fine; plus I’ll be in the last match meaning I’ll have plenty of time to work out a strategy.” she said.

“Chukyu!” Spark growled lightly, before he readied a Shadow Claw.

“Stop it Spark. I know you know I don’t want anyone to know my Pokémon but you don’t have to be so rude about it...” Aoisuko sighed and glared at the Mimikyu.

"Oh, don't worry about it! I'm used to being hated!" Riley said with a giggle. She patted Spark's head and continued "And I couldn't possibly be mad at this cutie!" She looked back at Aoisuko and said "But you're so lucky that you'll fight in the last match. Of course, with my luck, I get to be in the first match. Ugh. Anyway, are you excited?"

~Rinko~

Spark growled when Riley patted him, Aoisuko sighed, “It doesn’t really matter to me, as long as I can get through to the final round.” she bluntly stated, “Isn’t your match starting soon though?”

“Chuuuuuuuuuuuuu... Kyuuuuu...” Spark yawned before falling asleep.

“Aw c’mon Spark! Stop falling asleep!” Aoisuko stared at the Mimikyu angrily, “Honestly I don’t think you really know what Pokémon Spark is so it doesn’t really matter that you’ve seen him.” she mumbled under her breath.

"He's a Mimikyu, a Pokemon that wanted to be loved so it put over itself a cloth that looks like Pikachu, so it could be loved more." Riley said, a little proud of herself that she got to show her knowledge about a Pokemon she had never saw before in person. "But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. You see, I couldn't care less who saw my Pokemon and who didn't. I just want to get them out of their PokeBalls so they'll be happy. And people who see your Pokemon won't go berserk trying to figure out the best strategies against it, chances are they won't even get to fight you. So yeah, I could show you my Pokemon and nothing would happen. But anyway, I'll see you later!" She waved at Aoisuko and walked back to her side room.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki gasped in awe at Karpman. "Wow!", he exclaimed with sheer awe," Superheroes are real!?" Loki was the only one in the whole stadium who thought Karpman had Magikarp-like superpowers. Loki acted a lot different, usually, he would just smile, but no... Loki was pumped! "Wait! Karpman! If I wanted superpowers, how would I get them!?", he yelled, acting like a child in front of an entire stadium. Before long, Karpman disappeared. He felt completely idiotic when he thought about it, next, another person came to talk, it seemed. "H-hi...", he ushered out all of his self confidence and compassion when he said it, feeling like everyone thought he was a dunce. They'll probably forfeit out of pity.

Shiori looked up from petting Sparky, noticing Loki. The kid looked a little embarrassed for some reason... wait, was this the kid that was yelling about Karpman before he had jumped into the restroom? He kinda sounded like it. Shiori wasn't quite sure how to feel about that. Had the kid just been making fun of him or something? It was the same kid that had been talking to Finion and Alice just a few moments ago.
"Uh... Hello." Shiori said, giving the kid a small smile. "You here to watch the tournament, or are you competing?"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis finally got out of her seat, and she started to walk around the lounge. Suddenly, she felt a little bit overwhelmed by all the Pokémon in the room. Otis quickly shook her to shake off the feeling. I have to stay confident, as I can’t just enter battle shaking crazily... She laughed a bit, she could imagine at least one competitor shaking from head to toe. Otis soon ended back up at the chair she rested on, and she realized that she had just walked in a circle. A heavy sigh escaped her mouth and she sat back down on the chair.

As Nathan scanned the room, he noticed certain people began to pair up as the waited for the festives to begin. And as he saw one girl come in late with a Delphox he decided that it had been better energy to converse with someone than sit around doing nothing as he shuffled over to the open seat next to her.

"So, see you two had an busy day already." Nathan said to the girl as he tried to engage in some small talk.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki sighed, looking down. "Yes... against someone named Finion...", he mumbled," I'm Loki... Loki Primus..." Loki tried to act unashamed of himself. Permafrost chuckled at Loki, sitting on his shoulders. Shiori looked familiar.. Wait... was he Karpman? Should he ask? No, that would be making an even bigger fool out of himself.

"I guess it's almost time to start..." Riley sighed and began shaking. "No, I can do this! I'm not scared!" She thought and began taking deep breaths. After a minute, she knew she was ready and said "Time to show everybody what I'm made of!" She got up from her seat and went into the main part of the stadium. She went to the entrance of the arena, not showing herself until her opponent showed himself. "This is it, the first match. I'm ready for whatever."

It was when Shiori noticed that the kid had an Alolan Sandslash on his shoulder that it came to him. Wait a second.... Shiori knew this kid! Back on the first day he was in Solaurea, this was the kid who's Sandslash had pulled off his mask! Shiori tried not to let his face show that he recognized the kid. But luckily, from the looks of it Loki hadn't recognized him. Shiori guessed that covering his face with his hand back then had been the right move. Shiori extended a hand to the kid.
"I'm Shiori. That's a pretty interesting Sandslash you got there. It's, uh... Alolan, right? You from Alola?" Shiori asked.

Alice perked up at the word Alola. Someone else came from that region? She thought that she was the only Alolan participant! "If that boy really is from Alola, then I might know him. Although, I don't have many friends in Alola. The ones I did make are pokemon. Ok, I don't have any non-pokemon friends in Alola. But, if he did come from Alola, then we would have something in common. Although the match is about to start. I better pay attention, who knows, I might have to battle one of them later." Alice thought.
Alice looked at the field. She couldn't wait to battle with her pokemon.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael was at main entrance to arena for last 20 minutes. He was clearing his head a bit and was trying to think of possible strategies for match. He had in mind that he never seen his opponent and he didn't knew what to expect. All he knew was name-Riley Hex, but he was pretty sure he never heard that name.
'So this is it, let's do this' Michael said for himself and entered the arena. It was full of people. It looked like Battle Frontier and that's what gave Michael confidence.

Riley saw her opponent enter the arena and said with a sigh "Finally..." She entered the arena with a straight face, trying to contain her excitement and nervousness. She stopped right in front of the arena's layout and got a PokeBall in her hand. "So this is Michael Port, huh? Can't say I'm disappointed, but I expected a sailer..."She thought with a chuckle. She got ready to throw her PokeBall and give out commands.

"Amonguss, huh? That PokeBall wannabe ain't scaring me!... Even though it is really cute." Riley thought determined. She threw her PokeBall 5 feet away from the foe, which revealed her Blaziken, who roared in determination. "Let's not beat around the bush. Blaziken, jump and use Blaze Kick!"Her Blaziken nodded and jumped 20 feet into the air and dive straight down with her leg flaming, ready to hit the enemy.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael saw Riley's Blaziken jumping and using Blaze Kick.
'Well, I could try to survive this one and than do counter attack.' Michael thought.
Amoonguss took that hit and even tho he was very low, he was still able to damage his opponent.
"Amoonguss, use Feint Attack" Michael yelled and Amonguss tried to attack foe's Blaziken.

Since Feint Attack never misses, Blaziken was hit. She didn't take much damage though, since she resisted Dark. She jumped back with fire in her eyes. "Hm... Amoonguss have really low Defense, but they resist Fighting. So I'll have to settle for using Fire!" Riley thought, analyzing the situation. "Blaziken, use Flamethrower!" She called to her Pokemon. Blaziken took in a deep breath and released a fire bean that went straight for the foe.

Wolf slid to the edge of his seat, closely watching the first battle of the tournament. He was impressed with Riley sending out a Blaziken, a Pokémon he was all too familiar with after journeying through the Hoenn region. It didn't take long for the battle to kick off, with both trainers starting off with some vicious attacks.

When Amoonguss was struck with a Blaze Kick, Wolf gasped louder than he had anticipated, the suspense of the past few days having risen to his head. That must be it for Amoonguss. There's no way it-

Wolf was lost in thought before the smoke vanished, revealing Amoonguss was still standing, and even capable of countering with a Feint Attack. Wolf continued observing this first battle with wide eyes.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Even tho Feint Attack hit Blaziken, Amoonguss wasn't even close a strong as Blaziken. Michael saw Flamethrower coming from Blaziken and he knew that is end for Amoonguss. Amoonguss fell on ground fainted.
"Amoonguss, good job." Michael said and Amoonguss got back in his Pokeball.
"Let's see what are you made of Scizor!" Michael yelled and Scizor went out of his Pokeball. He looked pretty pissed off.

"A Scizor, huh? I can handle that!" Riley thought determined. "Blaziken, time to use the ol' burn! Use Willow Wisp!" She called out to her. Blaziken nodded and looked straight at the enemy Scizor. Blue fire orbs began floating around her and then dashed for the Pincer Pokemon. "If it burns, then its attack would weakened!" Riley thought excited. "Of course, it can miss, but I still can hope!"

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis heard the first round beginning and she ran up to observe the battle. It already got intense, and the girl’s Blaziken has already knocked out the boy’s Amoonguss. Then the boy sent out a Scizor. Otis took in a breath of relief, as she thought the battle would be over already. But this boy had some interesting choices for his Pokémon team. Maybe he has a super cool Pokémon that he doesn’t want to send out yet...

"YES!" Riley thought happy as the Will'O'Wisp worked. She saw how he sent the Scizor with a Metal Claw and called out to her Pokémon "Blaziken, use Sky Uppercut!" Blaziken nodded and ran towards her opponent. She used the move and it clashed with the Metal Claw. Blaziken jumped back and heard "Blaziken, use Sunny Day, then Flamethrower!" Blaziken nodded and made intensefied the sun, which was now very harsh. She took in a deep breath and let out a powered up Flamethrower.

As the Scizor got hit, Riley thought to herself "Why is this trainer letting his Pokemon get hit?! What is wrong with him??!!" When the smoke disappeared, she saw the Pokemon dashing towards hers. "Really, not even a long range attack?! Blaziken, you know what to do!" Her Blaziken nodded and used Bulk Up. Then, it caught the Scizor's head, which was still glowing and threw it to the ground. She jumped back and waited for the smoke to disappear and see in what condition the Pokemon is.

When Riley saw the Scizor lying on the ground unconscious, her smile became even bigger."A Houndoom, eh? Blaziken can handle this."She thought to herself as Michael revealed his third Pokemon. "Blaziken, use Agility, then Double Kick!" Her Pokemon nodded and relaxed herself, then ran for the opponent, ready to kick it with her strong legs.