• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: RP Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OOC - *yawns* More setting-full-ness for the cave-amajig~]

BIC-

The Aerodactyl deposited Shiden unceremoniously upon the rock-strewn cavern floor, landing elegantly several yards away from the sprawled Pikachu. The rodent took a few moments to fumble to his feet, then laid his ears back against his head. Eyes narrowed, he twisted around, clearly trying to see if he was surrounded or whatnot.

"I doubt you're skilled enough to sense anyone that doesn't wish to be found, Shiden." Yakiharau explained, shrugging its winged claws in amusement.

Shiden ignored him, struggling to find the exit that they had come from - yet all around him their appeared to only be solid rock, carving upwards in a dome shape.

"What the hell?" the Pikachu snarled, wheeling around to the Aerodactyl. "Where did we come from?!"

This time Yakiharau looked moderately impressed, jagged teeth bared in a smirk as he eyed the electric-type.

"You are a strange one, Shiden." he commented, dismissing the question. "One moment you're hysterical over awakening in a place you've never seen before. The next, you're panicking over the idea of becoming a part of the Pokémon society. Not long after that you've almost accepted it - only to lose that progress for little-to-no reason the next second."

Shiden paled visibly, pointing a trembling, accusing claw at the ancient Pokémon.

"Y-you've been watching me from the start!" he hissed, feeling his arrogance slip out of his grasp.

"Not physically at all times..." Yakiharau murmured, mystifying the Pikachu that his leader was so interested in.

Shiden fell silent, moodily studying the hidden cave that had no exit from the look of it. The same moss-like material clung to the uneven granite walls, creating a soft, glowing light that bathed him in green. Loose pieces of flat, slate-like stone littered the floor, along with boulders with sizes of varying degrees.

Other than himself and his captor, Shiden saw nobody else in the cave...just like he couldn't see the exit...

"Hey!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavern. "There's a psychic Pokémon around here isn't there? Isn't there?!"

The Aerodactyl twitched slightly at the accusation, then locked the Pikachu's eerie purple eyes with his own grey ones. Without saying another word, Shiden sighed and sat down heavily, wishing whatever that was to come would hurry up. He needed to get to sleep - so that he could wake up from this ridiculous nightmare.

[OOC - Oh yeah, and more grouching by Shiden-kun~]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you don't mind the light auto, Persian! ^^;

They stopped for a moment, Tallen panting. She really was out of shape. . .

"Which direction?" Called Kazan from in front of her. Ayumu was humming contentedly from Tallen's back.

"Mmm, thata way!" The Skitty pointed. The Charmander continued tearing through the undergrowth. After the incident in the clearing, they had established an order, the Charmander in front to tackle the vines and unruley undergrowth. Ayumu rode on Tallen's back, directing. Tallen's job was carrying Ayumu, the small Skitty got easily distracted when asked to skip any great distance.

Tallen felt a bit like the fifth wheel. So far, she hadn't been helpful in the least. She hadn't done any good calming the paniced Pikachu down, and when trouble had showed up, she had done nothing but gotten tangled in vines and distracted Kazan, keeping him from saving the Pikachu. When the Skitty had gotten stuck in the tree, she hadn't done anything, and now, she was barely carrying the Skitty. She felt like a failure.

Suddenly, they burst out into a clear area. 20 feet in front of them rose a rather sheer cliff face.

Tallen gazed up, observing a dark smudge high, high above them. The Skitty slid off of her back. Tallen walked up to the cliff, still looking up. Trotting along, she traced the cliff edge for a while. There was a leafy growth sticking low on the rock, the only such one. It interested her. She trotted closer, briefly pawed at it. The leaves and vines exploded outward, revealing a dark hole. Cold wind gusted out. It looked like there was a network of tunnels through the cliff. She let out a brief flame, and it floated for a moment before being blown out. Stairs. There were stairs carved into the tunnel, leading up.

She backed out of the hole, turning to the others, who were almost out of sight.

"Guys," She called, "I've found something I think you should see. . . "

((OOC: I don't mind at all, Moonstruck-san! ^_^ Ayumu is so clueless, even if you portrayed her completely wrong she'd be in-character...she seems like the kind of cat to get a split personality every now and then, ne?))

BIC: With a light "oomph!" Ayumu landed on the ground next to Tallen...and stared at the clouds floating by as the entrance to the dungeon opened up. It wasn't until a stray pebble smacked into the back of her pink furry head that she turned around and said something along the lines of, "wow, what a mysterious dungeon."

Kazan nodded, as if he understood the faint mumble that came out of her mouth, and jogged up to the mouth of the tunnel. "Yeah...I guess...this is one of those 'dungeons' the rescue teams are always talking about in the town square...and this one looks like a real dungeon, not just some overgrown forest."

His Skitty teammate nodded. "Sometimes they call things that aren't really dungeons 'dungeons' just 'cuz it sounds cooler. Or at least, that's what one of them tried to tell me. I still don't get it much myself. Can't they just call it a forest if it's a forest, a cave if it's a cave..." She trailed off, poking her head inside. "Sure is kinda dark. Good thing my eyes are good for seein' in the dark! I don't have to get all squinty!"

Then she was off on some tangent about how pretty the clouds were, since she had begun with how the sun hurt her eyes in the daytime, then she remembered how pretty the sunlight looked this morning, then how there was a cloud cover two mornings ago, then how the clouds looked that moment before.

Kazan cleared his throat, and turned to Tallen. "Well, should we go inside? I really hope there aren't any water or ground-types in here...Ayumu doesn't seem like an offensive Pokemon, and I don't think she could clear 'em out for us." He looked guiltily at her, though she was oblivious to his comment or strategic thinking. "But we should go in and rescue Shiden. So I'm in. Ayumu? Are you ready?"

"Ready as I was just now!"

Kazan didn't feel heartened by her comment, but he turned to Tallen with determination. "Are you ready? If you are...then let's go rescue Shiden in our first mission!" He pumped a clawed fist into the air.

"Isn't it not a mission? We aren't really an official rescue team or nothin'..." Ayumu piped up as she started to skip up the steps.

The Charmander glared at her. "You're wrecking the mood here, Ayumu."

"Sorry."

((OOC: Can't...think...sorry. Blame writer's block. X_X))

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The sun was slowly setting as the winged shadow approached Slate Mountain. Named that for the vaguely bluish, dark grey stone it seemed to be composed of, the high pinnacle of rock rose from amidst Echo Woods, its snowy peak glistening in the slowly setting sun. The Umbreon landed at the foot of the mountain, by what appeared to be a large cave opening into it. Flowing out of the cave was an underground stream. The mouth of the cave, however, was barely visible as from aboved it washed a lovely waterfall that seemed to originate high above - a waterfall of molten mountain snow mixed with the ebbing pulses of the Sunwell fountain. Rocky outcroppings on the wall extended from the waterfall.

On one such outcropping, high up, a lone figure sat in intense meditation. It was a small, greyish-skinned anthropmomorphic figure, seemingly reptillian in design, though obviously warmblooded, as the waterfall was freezing cold. It seemed so lost in its own mind, that the Umbreon had to grimace.

"Hey, Senshi!" he called out, his voice echoing against the mountainside. Hearing his name, the Machop's eyes drifted vaguely opened, narrowed, and within a single fluid motion, Senshi jumped from outcropping to outcropping, using them only to propel himself using an impressive array of flying kicks, finally landing powerfully on a flat rock straight in the middle of the river, crouched in a fighting stance. It was now apparant that he had deep, crimson eyes and wore a black headband. The young superpower PokéMon straightened up, closing his eyes, bringing his hands together in front of his face and nodding slowly, a head motion mimiced by Endymion. Then a silly grin came to the Machop's face as he tackled the Umbreon by surprise. Endymion took to the air instantly, evading the tackle, giggling.
"Hey, no fair!" Senshi complained, tightening his headband and rolling his eyes "I can't fly!"
"You're getting close though, I see." Endymion grinned "Nice flurry kick combo."
"Ehehe, thanks. I learned the basics from this cute Combusken I met a few days ago. Really awesome chick. You should've seen the way she moved, like the wind... She said she learned it from an old Hitmonchan master that lives on the peak of Mount Slate..."
"You just made that up on the spot, didn't you?"
"...Yeah." the Machop blushed "How did you know?"
"Last time it was an ancient Hitmontop vortex kick master."
"Ancient techniques always sound better than spur of the moment inspiration. That's why I fight and not breakdance."

The Umbreon grinned as out of the forest emerged three female figures. A mildly agitated Charmeleon was glaring at a giggling Bulbasaur, while a silent Vulpix trotted shyly by, obviously troubled by something. All three had berry satchels on their backs (except for the Bulbasaur - hers was hanging on an outstretched vine). The Bulbasaur was the first to wave at the Umbreon and Machop, who waved back. "Hi, Midori, Vritra, Akari." Endymion grinned, saving a special warm grin for the Vulpix. She was always like this, ever since he rescued her from a rogue Jolteon in a thunderstorm. Always felt she was imposing on the rescue team that welcomed her (long before they became a rescue team). Her mind was particularily troubled at that instant. He could feel it.

And then she did it.

"Um, Endymion?" she uttered softly, approaching the Umbreon with slightly nervous steps "I've been thinking about it the last few days and... I've decided."
She took a deep breath, mustering all her confidence and resolution "I want to join the team on a mission."
"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that." Endymion grinned, wrapping a wing around her "Welcome aboard, girl!" "Yah, what TOOK ya so long?" Senshi grinned at the fire type, causing her to giggle nervously before settling down and smiling, nuzzling Endymion's wing a little. Her unconfidence seemed to melt away a little.
"Sorry to pop the enchanting reunion," came Shiryo's ethereal voice as he popped into existence with the sound of a balloon popping, turning his grin to the rest of the team and pointed into the sky "But now that we're fully assembled, I wanted to tell you we have an incoming mission!"

And indeed, the shadow of a large flying-type was in the distance, fast approaching. Endymion grinned, looking at the sky with a grin. This was going to be interesting...

(OOC: I'm leaving the Swellow to Fire Fox. ^^ Also, this post was the first RP post in this board to ever be entirely written entirely on a Nokia 6230i ^^)

[OOC - *fumbles around topic before locating Swellow of her own creation* Wow, that was random at the time... :p *throws pile of rocks on Swellow*]

BIC-

Despite his calm, untouchable exterior, Yakiharau was at his wit's end. The small, scrawny Pikachu in front of him had done nothing but toss out accusations and begrudging remarks ever since he had been freed from the Aerodactyl's clutch. Even now the electrical rodent was complaining about something or another, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. Yakiharau was struggling to resist batting the troublesome Pokémon against the nearest wall. The image brought a ghost of a smile to the prehistoric Pokémon's condescending face.

"...and that means that there is some way outta here unless they're all flying-types!" Shiden was muttering darkly, ears laid back and eyes glaring acidically at the nearest pile of rocks.

For every idea he gets right, twenty of them are just ludicrous thoughts... The Pikachu's captor considered, wondering why the leader of his organization could possibly want such a pitiful Pokémon.

"What're you looking at me like that for?" Shiden grumbled, trying to give the Aerodactyl a challenging glare. "You're the one who kidnapped me, so why do you look so moody?"

Throwing away courtesy, Yakiharau spread his wings in an intimidating gesture. Luckily for Shiden, just as the frosty-eyed flying-type opened its mouth, a voice resounded in the Aerodactyl's head. The same words echoed in Shiden's mind, making him flinch visibly.

" Yakiharau, we've got company coming, just as I'd imagined. I'm sending a few minor-ranking units to stop one of the groups...but Endymion is quite possibly on his way as well. Jiin and Reid will go to head his team off if they do come, but I need you to be ready to protect the subject if need be."

Shiden massaged his head with both front claws, one eye squinting around while the other was squeezed shut in pain. "Ow...what the....? Who was that!?"

Lowering his clawed wings, Yakiharau cursed silently. Of course Soriin would be able to read his intentions of giving the Pikachu a scare. And he had been told ahead of time not to do anything rash. The Aerodactyl cursed his hot-blooded genes and turned fully to Shiden. The Pikachu hadn't been meant to hear the telepathic conversations, but now that he had - well, Soriin likely knew as soon as he had connected with Yakiharau. So if the psychic-type had still sent the information, then the Pikachu wasn't going to cause problems.

"No one important...or rather, too important to concern you." the ancient Pokémon commented in his usual disdainfully-polite tone.

Shiden scowled and padded over to one of the cavern walls, administering a swift kick to the rocky surface. Naturally, he fell over with a pained grimace.

"I thought this was...an illusion!" he snapped, feeling hatred gather for the soft-spoken Aerodactyl that was so lazily watching him.

His captor smiled softly and explained with a shrug of his wings. "Just because it's an illusion doesn't mean it's so easily broken. Endymion could have told you that in a heartbeat, Shiden. If you have amnesia, I'd think that you'd be striving harder to learn all that you could."

Shiden flushed but said nothing, resigning himself to a mere hate-filled stare.

Taking a break from her endless watching of Endymion's team , Jiin turned impatiently to her temporary partner. The Sneasel's crimson eyes had grown tired of studying Endymion - imagining how she could best the legendary leader in a battle. And Reid was always so...so...damn calm!

"By Mew, what are you doing!?" she groaned, large white-tipped claws crossed behind her head.

Reid ignored his teammate's frustration-induced outcry, proceeding to meditate. Unlike his exceedingly-rash partner, the Espion knew full-well how unlikely he was to match up to Endymion. A coat of black fur wasn't going to change how psychic-types matched up to those with the dark elements, nor was a pretty emerald gemstone. He might look marginally like the winged Umbrion, but similarities ended there.

"I'm resting. I see no reason to work myself up unless his team makes a move to aid the rescuing of...Shiden, was it?" he replied in a near-inaudible murmur.

No matter his tone, Jiin saw the midnight-black Espion's eyes open fractionally. And the telekinetic-type's blood-red eyes bore into her own with a clarity that cut off any new comments; the bloodlust contained in those eyes made her own visions seem like images of prancing Ponyta. She didn't need to be reminded of why Reid refused to allow himself to be riled.

"Yeah..." she whispered. "But nothing entertaining is happening..."

Reid made no sign of listening, and the Pokémon fell silent.

[OOC- Erm, sorry for not including Kazan's group's enemies..but...the post would've been ridiculously long with that as well. :-\]

Not sure if i'm refering to the actual attack or just being overly vivid as far as imagery goes with the reference to the 'Wil O' Wisp'. ^^'

They had been travelling for a little more than twenty minutes. Kazan lead the way again, the Skitty second in line, Tallen bringing up the rear. A Wil O' Wisp floated lightly in front of her, lighting her way. In the low light the fire flashed in her eyes. Kazan's tail lent illumination enough for him, and the Skitty's eyes were more then enough. She hummed contentedly, every now and then letting out an 'oh!' and a giggle if she stumbled across a rock.

"So," Tallen voiced, then cleared her throat, "Are we a rescue team? I mean, we are rescuing Shiden. . . And, i guess we are almost a team. . ."

Up ahead, a low light shone. The trio turned the corner and found themselves in full light. Electric lights lined the wall, humming in a lower and more ominous tone then the Skitty. (it was also quite tuneless. Tallen doubted Kazan picked up the low hum of electricty, but she supposed Ayumu's hearing was as delicate as hers.)

They stopped. Kazan frowned.

"Who. . . Who would. . .Why would. . ." The Charmander hadn't actually asked anything, but his questions were clear. Why were the tunnels lighted? Who had done it?

They had hardly had time to grasp their new situation, when shadows around the next corner flickered and came to life.

". . .Sent on a chore like this. . ."
"Do you want a promotion or no?"
"I think it's about time we. . ."
"You think too much. Shut it."
"Ow ow ow! Get. . .offf!"
"Shut it, both of you," A lower voice growled. "We're down here for a reason."

The three exchanged a glance. Kazan swallowed. They had all heard what rescue teams were about, and in that glance, they knew they were up against their first challenge as a real rescue team. They nodded and stood together, ready to face the challenge.

((OOC: Not much to say here, I guess...not until the foes come out from behind the corner. ^_^;; ))

BIC: Ayumu had been happily swaying her tail and bobbing her head in step with her walking, thinking about melon bread (she loved the stuff). Tallen's comment, though, about their maybe being a rescue team suddenly shifted her train of thought.

A real rescue team, huh? She began to furrow her brow as she grew deeper and deeper in thought. Sounds fun, I guess I would say. Or think, 'cause I'm thinkin' right now. Ah! Nah, I'm gettin' all off-on-tangents here, gotta focus...stay focused...now, what was I thinkin' 'bout again?

Glancing around at the tunnel, she suddenly remembered. Oh yeah! Melon bread! No, wait, after that...lessee, lessee...ah! Rescue team with Tallen and Kazan! Yeah! Rescue teams are always sayin' how they get rewards and find money layin' 'round those dungeons...I could get some of that money, and buy some melon bread! Yeah! She smiled broadly at this new revelation. I guess I could eat some of the White Gummis that we find, too...always good to get smarter, so you get stay focused on what ya should be thinkin'-

But then she had to narrowly avoid slamming into Kazan's tail - and torching herself in the flame - because the Charmander stopped.

Ayumu realized some Pokemon were coming around the corner, and sat down happily. Maybe they were clients, who could offer them a chance to go on an adventure, and maybe then reward her team with melon bread!

So, leaving the enemies up to me, eh? ^^

The flickering shadows danced around the walls as the three pokemon came round the corner. A Slakoth and a Zubat came around the corner, wearing dark purple bandanas with a curious white design, somewhat like a teardrop with something curiously wrong about it, impossible to place what though, in the low dull buzzing light. They were closely followed by a Houndoom, who stopped when it saw the trio, eyes flashing.

"Well boys," He said, "We found our reason."

Damnit...that voice-thing said that Endymion might be coming here, didn't it? Well, I don't need him to help me!

Yakiharau noticed a distinct change of gears in his ward, although he couldn't place what fueled the Pikachu's determined scouring of the cave. No matter; the difference was to the better. Shiden wouldn't be able to get out of Soriin's telekinesis-induced illusion, and the yellow rodent wasn't complaining anymore.

Despite that, Yakiharau felt nervous, and almost wished that the electric-type would stop its studies. Maybe it had something to do with the mouse's ability to pick up Soriin's telepathy, but something about him set the prehistoric Pokémon off.

"You know, even weak points in this barrier aren't going to let you slip through, Shiden." Yakiharau commented, a devilish smile alighting his mouth. It vanished a few seconds later.

"So there are weaker points..." Shiden had murmured, then proceeded to edge along the supposedly solid rock wall,testing it with taps of his claws.

Shiden was determined to get out of this ridiculous cage before Endymion could show up and make him feel foolish again. The black Umbreon had been merely hoping to set the Pikachu straight, but Shiden wasn't in the state of mind to be chided. Just the image of the be-winged dark-type brought a grimace to Shiden's face. His ears were no longer laid back but instead flicked acutely upwards, trying to catch any give or hollowness in the invisible shield preventing him from escaping.

Watch me! I don't need Kazan or Endymion watching out for me...I'll save myself and start my own rescue tea-- Shiden froze in mid-thought, as well as physically halting. What he had started to consider was a good idea, but one that suggested that he accepted he was a Pokémon. Which. He. Wasn't!

"Gah! Just let me out of here! I don't know anything about...anything, and I can't even use normal stuff that a Pikachu can so...so...why the hell should you be kidnapping me!?" He suddenly snarled, violet eyes flaring as he pivoted to confront the Aerodactyl.

Back to normal. Yakiharau couldn't help but be relieved that Shiden had stopped his search, even if it was to provoke him. At first Yakiharau didn't answer - he couldn't. Soriin's range of trust didn't stray far enough to tell an Aerodactyl, no matter how intelligent, what his objectives were. The same questions had, in fact, been circulating uselessly in his own mind, waiting for an answer that would only come when Soriin was ready.

"Because our leader needs you. That's all the reason I need." the loyal ancient Pokémon finally responded, although this time Shiden's gaze didn't falter.

The Pikachu was in a different state of mind now, thinking only to escape from this dull, aggravating prison, and as such he caught onto concepts a good deal more acutely.

"That's all the reason you need because that's all the reason you have, you mean. Your mighty leader won't tell you what's going on, so you just follow what he says like a obliging servant!" Shiden accused, claws balling into fists.

The Aerodactyl's rage was returning in full strength, dousing his vision a dull red. How DARE this pathetic, weak, unthoughtful Pikachu make such statements?! Soriin had always led them in the right direction, even if he did choose to keep secrets!

"Take that back, rodent." Yakiharau managed, clawed wings shaking in suppressed anger. "I demand that you retract those words, mouse."

Shiden liked what he saw. More than that, the venting was putting him in a better mood as well.

"No! It's true! And he acts all impressive, but he can't even keep his captives from listening in on everything that he -"

The Pikachu dove waywardly to one side in a frantic attempt to dodge the blast of energy that the Aerodactyl had shot from its mouth. Yakiharau might try to act calm, but his genes demanded anything but such behavior.

"I said take it back, you unfit Pokémon!" the flying-type roared as he leaped towards the Pikachu, who was standing in front of a...crack in the wall?

"Yakiharau, No!" Soriin's normally-calm mind-voice cried in his head, and the massive dinosaur-like Pokémon felt a pressure resisting his weight.

Yakiharau would later feel horrible about the stress he had thrown Soriin into. The psychic-type had way more than his load of troubles to deal with without trying to halt a gigantic Pokémon in a full-out dive. Needless to be said, the Aerodactyl's leader didn't have sufficient time to block him entirely, and Yakiharau rammed into the already-damaged barrier.

With a shattering noise that shook the entire cavern, a small hole appeared in the faux wall, and Shiden was out of it before his captor had recovered from his headbutt.

Now that he was out, Shiden felt the full volume of his situation press in on him. He was in enemy territory with absolutely no idea how to get out. From the sounds of it, the psychic-type had an abundance of subordinates, whom he had probably already dispatched to recollect him.

Oh, and he was in the middle of a maze-like labyrinth.

But I'm out, and without Endymion of Kazan's stupid help... The shaggy-haired Pikachu thought weakly, throwing himself into a headlong run down one of the endlessly long corridors.

[OOC - A bit of wise thinking, and Shiden's out! Kinda screwed now, though, I suspect.]

"Well boys," the Houndoom began, sneering at the new rescue team. "We found our reason."

Ayumu glanced blankly at the dog. "Reason? Reason for what? Ah! Hey, do yanno the reason why ya always get those bubbles in your eyes? I think they're pretty strange, mahself. Like..." She began to tilt her head, and move her eyes slowly. "I'm trackin' em right now. There they go...bubbles..."

Kazan shook his head, and glared at the opposing team. "We're a rescue team, and we're here to rescue our friend, Shiden!" He pulled his arms back and lowered his head in a battle stance. "I got fire attacks, and I'm not afraid to use 'em...so back off, or prepare to fight!"

The Houndoom sneered. "Fire doesn't faze me at all, lizard. Plus, my firepower is more than that little mini-ember you call your 'fire attacks'." This caused the Charmander in question to growl, his pride a little hurt. Sure, his attacks weren't much...but he had...he had STRATEGY!

"Well...then I guess a fight's on! We, Team...uh...Team..." He paused, and glanced back at Tallen and Ayumu (who was still "trackin' the bubbles"). "What did we name our team again? Did we even name it at all?"

Kazan paused, then before he could use the breath he just took, Ayumu raised her right paw and shouted, "Namako Chiimu! Team Sea Slug! O-ha!"

This caused the Charmander leader to stare at his Skitty teammate. "Team Sea Slug? And what's "o-ha"?"

"Isn't it how ya normal folks say 'good morning'?"

"Um, no. But about the sea slug thing..."

Ayumu paused, the same blank smile on her face and her same paw still raised. Without taking her squinty eyes off of her teammates, she happily and forcefully repeated, "go Team Sea Slug!"

Kazan just looked weakly at Tallen. "Uh..."

((OOC: Should I start the battle? I dunno...))

Haha Don't Bother. ^^ Pulling more flavour text here. You've been doing a wonderful job with Kazan so far, Persian.

Also, I claim the third page in the name of Flashfire and Thursday!

Seeing that her friends- her rescue team. . . Sea Slug? They would HAVE to change that- were faltering, Tallen decided to take matters into her own paws.

Letting out a short growlbark, she charged at the two pokemon in front of the Houndoom, and they rolled out of her way with a squeak. Her headbut caught the Houndoom squarely in the chest and he was thrown off to the side, taken off guard.

"Well big boy," she purred, a dark fire raging in her eyes "I know a little something about fire attacks as well." She laughed, filled with the thrill of the battle, the adreleline rush.

"You cocky. . . " He struggled to his feet, the suddenly barked out an ember attack, laughing, thinking to catch Tallen off-guard. She danced through the sparks, to his astonishment, and grinned.

"Flash Fire," She said. "Think Fast." Then she let lose an explosion of flame that blew her to the far side of the hall. Taking a moment to recover, she saw Ayumu and Kazan had joined the fray as well.

She stood, and whipped her tails out of reach of the Houndoom, who had lunged to grab them. He was burned, but not out of the fight.

"Haven't you heard?" she cried, outraged. "That's a thousand years bad luck! Spite!"

The Houndoom felt very strange for a moment or two. He shook it off and prepared to charge with another tackle. To his suprise, he couldn't. It was then the Houndoom began to realize he was in for more then he had bargained for. When he looked up, there stood Tallen, watching him. Taunting him! With a ferocious roar he stood and charged, as she spun and whipped him with her tails. He went to dodge, then grinned. If she thought her crack about the thousand years of bad luck would slow him down, she was sorely mistaken! Then the tails buffetted him, iron hard and razor sharp, and he knew he had miscalculated.

Tallen stood over her beaten foe, panting. She was really out of shape. She'd have to do better then this if she was supposed to be on a rescue team. She turned to see how her partners fared, the Houndoom beaten.

Whooo sorry. It's almost dinner, i just made up a poor post fast.

((OOC: I just realized that the post I wrote out never showed up! T_T I did it on my old computer...maybe that messed it up somehow? Eh...I'll try to remember it...and retype...it...-_- ))

BIC: Kazan, after shaking off the Houndoom's insults and seeing that Tallen had successfully brought him down, glared at the two opponents left. The Zubat flitted towards him, screeching and starting the battle before he realized, while the Slakoth just sorta yawned. The Charmander whipped his sharp claws as the Zubat dove...then he realized he hadn't hit anything.

Frowning, he tried to focus on the Zubat, but the stupid thing wouldn't stop moving. Narrowing his eyes to get a better image, he suddenly realized that there were more Zubat. To be specific, there were three. No, four. No wait, now there were definitely more than that and - did one just disappear?

Rubbing his eyes, Kazan ran towards one, and made to scratch it. However, his claws hit the rock, and his wrist bent a little. Howling in pain, he shook his head, since a sort of buzzing had been blocking his ability to hear.

Unfortunately, in his head-shakin, he slammed his little orange noggin against the cold rock wall.

Whimpering, he suddenly realized the buzzing was gone, and he only saw one Zubat hanging from the ceiling. Wow, that was weird, Kazan thought, not really understanding what happened. "Hey! You're going down!" He shouted before taking a deep breath, and releasing a steady stream of embers at the Zubat.

His opposition shrieked in pain, and lost their hold on the rock above. They tumbled down, and hit the ground rather hard on the stomach before their wings had a chance to open. Kazan tiptoed over to make sure he really won, before exclaiming with glee, "all right! I won!"

Meanwhile, Ayumu had begun poking the Slakoth. The Slakoth just rolled over, and tried to go to ignore her. She then wondered if maybe the Slakoth was a music fan.

"Lu la lu la piano wa sekai no yumesaku no hara ni merodii" she began in a strange, melodic tone that sounded nothing like how she spoke. "Kowareta tokei wo shinjite, jikan wa dare no mikata?" Looking at the Slakoth, she realized it had fallen asleep. Becoming curious by this, she began to slap him over and over...until she saw he had passed out from hit-point loss, not from a lullaby.

Kazan, on the other hand, suddenly felt super drowzy, and he had a feeling it was because he was the closest one to the Skitty, save for the already-unconscious Zubat and the Slakoth.

((OOC: She was singing "Soramimi Cake." Yaaaaa...don't own that. ^_^ ))

[OOC - Waiii~ I have that song on one of my many playlists, Persian-chan! *dies of funny*]

BIC-
Shiden tumbled around a corner, sliding haphazardly in the friction-lacking rubble that littered the cavern's floor. Rolling several times before fumbling to his clawed feet, the Pikachu launched himself one more into a headlong run. Not for the first time, he felt a weak psychic barrier impede his path, but they never stood up to his charging rams.

"Where the heck is the exit?" the yellow Pokémon grumbled loudly, enjoying the accompanying echo that resounded with his voice.

More than a little cocky with his unhalted escape, the rodent relaxed a bit, keeping only enough momentum to break through his psychic captor's feeble barricades. Shiden's purple eyes roamed the corridors as he rushed down them, not even registering the faded granite's beauty. Stupid...rock walls... he thought stormily, clambering on top of a stack of naturally stacked slate-shaped stones. The pile teetered dangerously with his weight, but the scrawny electric-type was off of the possible-disaster in a hurry.

"Stupid Endymion...dumb old Aerodactyl...gah!" Shiden complained to the sightless ceiling; in return, an unclimbable incline up in front of him, bringing an abrupt stop to his retreat.

No way... Shiden groaned, ears laid back in positively unmeasurable annoyance. His eyes flitted about the cave until he scooped up a jagged, palm-sized stone, and chucked it laboriously at the slick hill.

"Izzat 'im?"

A rather country-accented voice caught in Shiden's ears, followed by one that contrasted it with its city-slur.

"O' course it is! A lost Pikachu, real short n' scrawny, with purple eyes."

Shiden wheeled around on two legs, clawed hands balled into fists. He had anticipated this, but hadn't hoped for an encounter. Two Pokémon had barred his singular means of escaping, which was a narrow opening to begin with. A haggard-faced Larvitar stood in front, carrying a self-assured scowl that got on Shiden's nerves (any of the Pokémon that knew Shiden would've recognized it), followed by a Machop. The latter held a dead weed in his mouth, jutting out goofily to one side.

Great...now what!? I'm not going back. Then Kazan'll come and pretend to be nice to me, or Endymion'll come and won't even try to pretend. I don't need anyone to get out of here! The young Pikachu thought with a silent curse. Out loud, a small, threatening growl rumbled in the electrical-mouse's throat.

"Oh, he looks frustrated 'bout somethin'! What's da matter, little Pikachu? We ain't here to hurt ya, da boss said to be careful about that!" The Larvitar commented with a cheesy smirk, taking several steps closer to Shiden.

The Pikachu's fists tightened. Despite his loathing for his condition, in this crazy, no doubt coma-induced nightmare, he was a Pikachu. And they had no effect on ground- or rock-types such as the pint-sized green obstacle in front of him. Maybe if he could just get rid of that stupid weight-lifting Machop, he could skit past.

Now the duo was nearly halfway to him, the Larvitar leading the rather dim-witted Machop towards the trapped Pikachu.

"Trapped like a little rat, righto? Only yous ARE a rat!" With that the green dinosaur-like Pokémon erupted in laughter, eyes squeezed shut in mirth.

Anger materialized as sparks dancing across Shiden's cheeks, more uncontrolled than before. The small Pikachu launched himself at the dull-eyed lackey standing behind Larvitar, and transfered all of the stored rage and frustration into the fighting-type. Surprisingly, the muscled Pokémon buckled with almost no effort, leaving Shiden wondering dimly how to stop the flow of electricity. The power surging out of him kept increasing instead, lancing chaotically over to the prone ground-type as the tendrils of white-hot power grew out of control.

"Hey, knock it off or you're gonna make a cave-in!" The Larvitar shouted, words lost in the crackling and snarling lightning.

The Pokémon hesitated for a second more, then stumbled off, running away from the helpless Machop and stuck Pikachu.

Why can't I get away! This happened at the river too, damnit all....and I'm so tired...

Shiden wrenched himself away by sheer force, collapsing wearily on the rubble-strewn ground. Naturally, it was afterwards that he noticed that the previously-impeding wall had a ominous crack running down through it.

"Oh no..." he groaned, in no condition to run away.

Without warning, several pieces of the wall face fell away from the main body, tumbling down the granite cliff before landing in front of the unconscious Machop and drained Pikachu. Automatically, the rest of the cracked and destroyed rock wall followed, and it wasn't long until the clattering rocks were rumbling past Shiden's prone figure. A thick piece of luminous-material-ridden granite thudded soundly on his forehead, and the electric-type was lost in eddying pools of fog.

[OOC - Um, there could be a hole in the cave/dungeon wall if it allows for advancing plot~ 'ray for unconcious Shiden! *pets limp Pikachu* ;D]

[OOC- I'ma baaack! Didya miss me? Didya? :p Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ye all! And good job autoing!!!]

BIC-

Kazan felt the weight of tiredness settle down around him as he struggled to keep on his feet. Distantly he heard some sort of rumbling; it sounded like falling rocks. Accompanied by it came a slight stir in the ground, making it even harder to stay up. Kazan tried desperately to resist the temptation of lying down, and he tried his hardest to concentrate on the rumbling in stead of his tiredness, hoping that it would keep him awake. The rumbling however, soon seized and sleep got the better of him.

Oh no... Ayumu's... ...attack... ...must... thought Kazan distantly, his mind drifting off, leaving the thoughts behind. Maybe he'd just lean against the wall a bit... No. I can't... ...give in... He stumbled around a bit, feeling as his eyelids got heavier and heavier. Finally, the Charmander wobbled a bit before eventually falling to it's knees, exhausted.

Kazan looked up at Tallen and Ayumu, seeking help as his vision blurred.
"Guys...." he started drowsily, "I nee... he....." He didn't manage more and collapsed on the ground. Desperately, he put his paws back flat against the ground, trying to push himself back to his feet, but it was pointless. The more he tried, the more tired he got.

It's ok here.... maybe.... rest a bit...... he told himself, his thoughts fragmented. He didn't want to, but he had to close his eyes ...just a bit. Maybe if he just closed them, he'd be ok. He promised himself he wouldn't fall asleep, but like everything else that was happening; his body wasn't cooperating with his mind.

As soon as Kazan's eyes were closed, he couldn't manage to open them again. He was vaguely aware of what was going on around him. He heard Tallen and Ayumu moving around. Then he heard muffled voices, his hearing fading away just like his sight.

After that there wasno hope left. Kazan drifted away the last remaining bit into a deep sleep, completely unconscious and no longer in control. He just fell deeper and deeper...

[OOC- Not a whole lot of text, but then again what is there for Kazan to do? :p]

Good to see you back, Daxx0r! ^^ Did you have a nice vacay? *giggles*

Tallen, elated by her victory, turned to see what was going on with Ayumu and Kazan. Ayumu was singing loudly while looking curiously at the Slakoth, who was unconcious. She wondered how the little pokemon had managed that when she seemed clueless most of the time. The Charmander was wobbling around the path aimlessly.

"Ayumu, what's wrong with. . . " Suddenly, the cavern shook. She felt the ground above her rattle, and some small bits of stone, alone with sizable amounts of dust fell.

It worried Tallen, but she was more worried about Kazan. If he was poisoned, they were in trouble, and If he was confused, she couldn't approach him without running the risk of him attacking her or hurting himself. She frowned, and realized Kazan was fighting to keep his eyes open. She dashed over as he fell and nudged him, but he was out cold. She sighed.

"Well, nothing to do now but wait until he wakes up." She curled around him, not worried that the enimies would awake any time soon. They were out cold, and when they did wake up, hours later, they would be weak and wouldn't be able to battle. So for now, she waited. She saw the curious young Ayumu looking at her, and she smiled faintly.

"We should rest up a bit, at least until Kazan is up. Untie one of those bandanas and bring it over. What's that sparkling over by the Houndoom? Is it a gummi?" Tallen's spirits were brightened a bit. "Excellent! Are you feeling hungry? Drag it over with the bandana. Then, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I'm curious, and we've got some time to spare, at least until old Kazan here wakes up." See looked at the faintly snoring Charmander. He could use the rest after the battle, it would do all three of them good. She couldn't help but think there were going to be fiercer enimies and harder battles ahead.

She looked at the ceiling, wondering if Shiden had anything to do with the blast that shook the cave. The little pokemon was powerful. She knew how much Kazan cared for him already, and hoped he was alright.

"Hang in there, Shiden." She whispered to herself.

"Gummi?" Ayumu asked, kinda confused. She'd heard of 'em all the time, Kasuga loved the red ones. She'd tried one once, but thought it tasted too spicy and felt too...gooey. She was really more of the bread type. Especially melon bread. "Well, I dunno...I like melon bread more, I guess I would say." But nevertheless, she trotted on over in the direction the Ninetales had gestured in.

I wonder why Tallen got all excited 'bout that gummi, the Skitty wondered as she picked her way through some of the pebbles that fell from the ceiling. The cave-in, she supposed, hadn't been near them, since not much fell from the ceiling. Which was good, since otherwise, she probably would have been crushed...and unable to eat melon bread for the rest of her life. Maybe she saw a red one. I dunno...maybe she thinks they fill her belly up when she's all hungry.

Jumping only-kinda-sorta-nimbly over the body of the unconscious Slakoth, she glanced at the wall, walked through the hole that wasn't there when she "battled" the Slakoth earlier, and started towards the direction of something glittering on the floor.

She was actin' kinda funny. Like she thought I was stupid, or little, or somethin'. Ayumu pushed a rather large boulder out of the way, and continued towards what she supposed was the gummi. I'm not stupid. I'm just not a pro...prodi...smart cat! I just need to get it together more, I think. Get it together, get it together, shikkari, shikkari...

She glanced down at where she was walking, and suddenly realized she had lost sight of the gummi. "Oh no!" Her squinty eyes looked distraught. "There's no gummi here! I musta got lost while I was thinkin', like in the forest. Ah, Tallen's not gettin' that gummi now...prob'ly, some sorta cave monster Pokemon's gonna come and eat it now. Ah!" The little white paws started to move again, and before she realized it, she was traveling even farther away from Tallen and Kazan.

As she babbled on about whatever, she suddenly realized she saw something in the rubble a few lengths in front of her. It was kind of yellow (or was it black?), and it looked like it could have been the gummi! Maybe she made a big circle through the caved-in tunnel! Scampering towards it, she realized it grew bigger and bigger as she neared it...until it became the size of -

"A Pikanya!" The Skitty cried happily as she pounced on the unconscious Pikachu in front of her. It was a good thing it was already out of it, since not only would it be called the wrong name, but there would be a Skitty on top of it. And, ya know, they're kinda the same weight...

As she batted its tail absentmindedly, she took another look at the "Pikanya's" face. After a few minutes of blankly staring at it, she realized something. "Hey! You're no Pikanya! You're a SHIDEN!" Jumping off Shiden, she pushed his body into a sitting position. "Hiyas, there, Shiden! Shiden! Shiden, Shiden, Shiden! Shi~! De~! N~! Shinde! Shinde? That's like..." Growing quiet, she contemplated whatever as she waited for him to regain consciousness.

((OOC: I feel as if Ayumu should get lost as often as possible if it can advance the plot. Plus, I thought Shiden was feelin' a bit lonely! HAVE AN OSAKAN SKITTY, SHIDEN!))

[OOC - Ahhh, Squeeee! *cuddles benevolent Skitty* So sweet~~ Waiiii!]

BIC-

"...iden, Shid..."

Shiden was very distantly aware of a terrible ache in his head, right behind one his left ear. The warm blackness that had blanketed him was dissolving into all-to-real, cruel reality.

"De~! N~! Shinde! Shinde?" A cheery, girl voice sang out.

The yellow-furred Pokémon flinched away from the sound; it only provoked the agonizing throbbing that drowned out all other thought. The Pikachu's body twitched slightly, one eye squeezing more tightly shut. Then, all at once, Shiden threw himself off of Ayumu.

"Leave me alone!" he slurred, instantly losing his balance and toppling over face-first into the unmoving rubble.

Several rocks and stones dug into the electric-type's short fur, threatening to puncture if he didn't re-situate himself - he forced himself to move, limbs shaking with the effort. How much he wanted to go back to sleep...where it was warm. And painless.

"You're that Ayu...Skitty..you're with Kazan. Go....away.." he managed to grumble in Ayumu's general direction, making a faint shooing gesture with one claw.

A small cut adorned the paw's pad, although minor wounds were minimized my the consuming ache behind one of his long, black-tipped ears. Shiden clawed his way out of the landslide's range of destruction, coming to a rest on a stretch of dusty granite floor. His eyes flickered shut, dark violet irises hidden behind yellow eyelids before -

What about the Machop!?

"Oh no! Ayu...ayum..there's a Pokémon stuck under there...somewhere..." he exclaimed, not shifting his body for fear of provoking further aches in his injured skull.

But what ...do I care?..Nothing, just let me sleep... Several feet away from where he had started, Shiden drifted off into a semi-comatose state.

Yakiharau glared down at the pathetic Larvitar, blubbering away with some excuse or another for why he left his partner to Shiden's uncontrolled electricity. The Aerodactyl sported a bruise on above his right eye, but the looks warned the green-coated peon not to so much as suggest how it had gotten there.

"And then this crack appeared, an' I know 'bout cave-ins so I ran off. Bet he's still there, want me to check?" the city Larvitar finished up, smiling blindly up into the Aerodactyl's face - then the grin faltered.

"You left the single Pokémon Soriin told us to get no matter what, to face a cave in? With no protection?" he asked coolly, listening in his mind for Soriin's next orders.

The moderately pudgy Swellow landed haphazardly in front of Endymion's bemused group. Her previous problem of needing help collecting berries for a banquet had disappeared - she had seen real mission-material on her way over here, after all! Maybe she'd be a hero, or earn Endymion's favor!

"Sorry for the unorthodox intrusion, Mr.Endymion, sir, but I just saw a massive Aerodactyl - it looked mean and dangerous, too - carrying a small Pikachu towards Luscent Ridge! I think it was a baby, it was all small and scrawny! You have to save it, Endymion!" She cawed elaborately, using every impressive word she was able to insert.

[OOC - Edited to help Stel actually have something to go on...sorry StellarWind! :-X]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Shiden." Endymion growled, regal authority filling his presence again "I knew there was SOME kind of flying type hiding in the area. Luscent Ridge, huh? Thanks for the information. Shiryo, I need some Mind's Eye view, Pronto."

"I'm all over it, Endy." the Gengar's grin didn't phase for a second, even as his eyes turned slightly more serious. The ghost-type's feet touched the ground - he normally hovered slightly over it - and as they did, something began to glow.

Only a few PokéMon would have been able to sense what has happened then, and even a smaller few could actually SEE it: A circle pattern - a complex array of lines of light illuminated on the ground surrounding the Gengar - a map of ley-lines that seemed to project over the entire area. The faint purple coloration of the Gengar seemed to drain into these glowing lines, pouring into one line in particular, lighting it in radiant purple light. And the ley-line extended forward, the Gengar's essence, his awareness flowing across it, spreading over an extremely large area, mapping it and all the criss-crossing energy patterns upon it. The Gengar's body was still by the Waterfall, but his mind was far gone, spreading all over Luscent Ridge like a black cloud. And then, he flowed back, as fast as he flowed to the ridge, back into his own body and his eyes snapped open.

"Bad stuff, guys. BAD stuff. The entire mountain seems to be under some kind of psychic influence, and it seems to be using the land itself as an energy source to power up a major illusion. There's a huge network of tunnels down there. A LOT of PokéMon, multiple types. A few of them seem to be directly under control of this force, and many of them seem at least loyal to it. I got bounced by this Psychic signature - I think it was an Espeon of some sort, but there was something different about it. Seemed to be guarding something along with a Sneasel. Also, Shiden's DEFINITELY there. Kazan too, and also, a Ninetales and a Skitty... which I couldn't read anything about, it was just THAT disoriented. There are some minds even I fear to tread in!"

"Tallen and Ayumu." Endymion nodded, turning to the rest of the team. "We're obviously going to need a full team for this. Senshi, Akari, you're with me. If there are multiple opponent types we need diversity." he nodded in their respective directions, the two PokéMon nodding and stepping forward, taking their place by his side. "Vritra, Midori, I'm counting on you as backups - if any of us get knocked down, Shiryo'll send you over. It'll have to be Ley-Teleportation, we have to be there STAT. Shiryo, I'm counting on you as a scout and as informant. Try to figure out WHAT'S causing the psychic disturbance, but use caution. I don't want your half-poisonous-brain fried, mate. ALRIGHT! Rescue Team..."

"ELYSIUM!" came an enthusiastic chorus of cries

"Let's give'em hell!"

~*~

They materialized at the edge of the Psychic Influence Grid, zapping into existence in three clouds of dark purple smoke that have just finished travelling along a great glowing line of light. Ley-Teleportation could have theoretically taken one anywhere, provided they found the right line to connect to. Transferring anything across a leyline was a strenous process, but the Gengar was exceptionally adept at it. Endymion, Akari and Senshi found themselves standing in front of a (poorly) concealed entrance into the depths of the cave. The least guarded entrance, apparantly, although it was close - dangerously close - to the origin of the Espeon-like signature.

"Okay, team, here's the deal." Endymion said, the air turbulent around them - Shiryo was masking their conversation with negative sound waves, so no one outside the area of the three of them could hear them talk "We've apparantly got an Espeon and a Sneasel on our hands. It's dangerous to make assumptions, but if I know Sneasels, and I can't say I don't, they're fickle Slash-First-Ask-Questions-Later creatures, while Espeons tend to be more academic, observational types. In other words, the Espeon's more likely to study us and look for prospective weaknesses while the Sneasel attacks. Senshi, Akari, you both have a type advantage. Akari, go for fire moves. Sneasels are part ice. Senshi, I'm counting on your fighting-type skills. x4 weakness. Keep the Sneasel Occupied while I hunt down the Espeon."

"Right." Senshi and Akari nodded.

"And here they come!" Endymion growled, as he heard clawed feet tapping rapidly in their direction, and saw a gleam of metal claws in the distance "TEAM ELYSIUM, SPREAD OUT!"

[OOC - I only make reason for my early-turned post by saying that Stell hasn't been in the RP much, and I'm not going to Shiden - just RPing Jiin and Reid~~]

BIC-

Eyes slitted only fractionally open, Reid watched Jiin, rushing foolishly into battle. His most threatening denials to her pleads to fight hadn't held up in the end, when the Endymion-lead team actually entered the danger-zone. The spiky-haired female had cast him an I-win look and been out of their secret nook in a flash, streaking with weasel-like speed to meet the team head on. Jiin's fighting prowess, thankfully, was her only admirable trait - Soriin had been very pointed about that. With quicksilver reflexes and adrenaline that allowed her to ignore most injuries, she was a born fighter.

As for Reid, he preferred to be in the back of the battle. His abilities were more focused to never letting a victory-threatening attack meet, while striking unaware enemies down. But, as the Espion could tell right away, they were severely out-matched as per types...If I told Jiin that, she'd never let it rest.. he thought darkly, recalling how she'd once taken out a violence-prone Charizard.

"Team Elysium, don't think you're coming through here without one hell of a fight!" the Sneasel roared, eyes afire with the thrill of battle.

Indeed...especially not with the subject missing, and possibly out of our grasp already. That damn Yakiharau had better not let a collage of novice Pokémon make off with Shiden after this setup! Reid thought, disdain for the arrogant Aerodactyl creeping into his mind. Yakiharau was positively boastful about how he had come from a land with humans, but from what the shadow-furred Espion could tell, it hadn't done the ancient Pokémon any good - other than being revived with the help of scientists and their machines.

But my thoughts stray, he thought coolly, casting a Protect barrier around the Espeon, nearly-invisible. Reid had marvelous skills with doing such things. He could be counted on to use almost six Protects in a row before the bubble-like shield refused to formulate for him. And he could alter the shield's color as well. Reid had a few secrets of his own, after all.

"Think you're cool, stupid little Vulpix? Take this!" hissed the completely-safe dark-type, unsheathing her scythe-like claws and launching Fury Swipes rapidly at the fire-type.

If not for me, no matter her bloodline, she'd get taken down. How many Pokémon did she leave to get her...although I would bet my soul that one is going to be hunting for me during battle. Reid thought coolly, watching the Sneasel advance, claws flashing, on her reddish-colored opponent.

In the background, several awe-struck Pokémon watched, as a steady breeze kicked up, ruffling Reid's fur. He shut his blood-red eyes for a second, then opened them minutely once more. They would have to retreat. That was certain. But how long did they have to hold Endymion's group off in order for Shiden to be recaptured? It all depended.

[OOC - Gotta let All-vry-one respond, o' course]

[OOC - I had a great time, Moonstruck; thanks for asking. How bout yourself?]

BIC -

Kazan found himself in a dark tunnel. He looked around him, trying to get oriented, but he couldn't see anything beyond the light flickering from his tail. Am I... dreaming? he thought to himself.
"Yes you are" came a voice. It was soft, yet powerful and seemed to be coming from somewhere far ahead in the depths of the tunnel's darkness.

Although the voice wasn't particularly scary, it did give Kazan a chilling sense of foreboding. He knew the voice, and he knew this dream. He had had it before, many times. The first time was shortly after his parents had disappeared from the Pokémon village, several years before. Even if nobody really knew what happened, Kazan always felt in his heart that something terrible had taken place and that they had perished - in a most horrific way.

The voice was always the same in the dream; it was his father's. There was no mistaking the Charizard's familiar voice. Kazan felt compelled to follow it, just like he always did in his dreams, but he also knew what waited at the other end of the tunnel. He didn't have a choice but to follow it though, so he did; his feet almost moving by themselves.

"Kazan... come." continued the voice, slightly further away than before. Kazan cautiously followed it, inching ever so slowly across the dark and slightly wet floor. He could hear something up ahead; a slight slither and then silence. Kazan grew cold and very, very lonely.
No... he thought to himself as he unwillingly crept closer.

"Come..." continued the voice, now almost indistinguishably low. As Kazan kept going, he felt as if something was watching him. He looked towards the walls of the tunnel. There were deep claw marks in them, as if something had been dragged into the darkness towards whatever evil resided there. As he kept going the claw marks spread out covering more and more of the walls. They were also deeper now than before.

The feeling of a dark presence lingered ever closer as he kept going.
Kazan felt very small, and now he started turning back. Anything was better than this. However, as he tried running, it felt as if his legs wouldn't move, and every slow step he took made him feel more frightened. Now he wasn't even facing whatever danger lay ahead - it could just sneak up on him...
"Kazan..." came the voice again, this time from right behind his head.

Kazan shot up, jumping back from Tallen's comforting embrace and looked around in a confused state, eyes wide open. He panted madly for a while, his heart racing until he finally settled down a bit and returned to his calm collected self.
"Sorry for that," he said, still slightly too worked up to be embarrassed, "Bad dream you might say..."
He looked around, for a while and then turned back to Tallen,
"Heh, sorry I went to sleep on the job back there..." he exclaimed jokingly. "Speaking of which, what happened to Ayumu?"

[OOC - Sorry if this post was a bit... err... dark, but I felt like it was needed. I would've added some blood, but I thought that might be pushing it a bit :p]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The Vulpix eeped, rolling out of the way of the Sneasel's shining claws. If there was something that the shy fire-type was good at, it was dodging attacks. A few of the swipes caught her sides, but not powerfully enough to pose a threat or a significant hurt. Using a few quick bursts of fire (which fizzled harmlessly off the Sneasel as they hit, but the Vulpix did not even see that), Akari Quick-dashed her way out of the attack's range, the Sneasel giving chase.

Endymion narrowed his eyes, orienting his mind. Sure, there was a lot of psychic background noise, but there was a distinctive signature which seemed to be projecting... Onto the Sneasel? So, the Espeon was shielding her. Clever. Not clever enough, though. All he had to do is track down the shield frequency, then...

It happened in one quick moment - the shield was shattered fiercely as Senshi moved in, fire dancing in his eyes and around his fist, a linked Brick Break-Fire Punch attack which cleaved through the slightly-weakened barrier (which took much of its strength) and connected with the Sneasel's face, the flames grazing it much more than the punch's power. Whoever it was that was holding this barrier, he obviously wasn't really trying.

"Akari, Now!" Endymion exclaimed, and the Vulpix nodded, turning to face the Sneasel and unleashing a stream of embers, which gradually intensified into a full blown flamethrower, speeding rapidly towards the Dark/Ice type.

Endymion narrowed his eyes, searching for the psychic signature again. It had to be there somewhere...

Jiin, flipped backwards into the air, propelled by the forceful sucker-punch. She landed heavily, not interested in elegance - only in killing the pathetic soul that had hit her. A second later, greedy flames devoured her, although she merely dodge-rolled away from the threat and stood once more. Her eyes were lightening - becoming a near-pink color. This was what she lived for - and she could feel her heart pounding joyously in her chest.

"Is that really your best, or was that fox screwing with me?" Jiin spat scornfully at the Machop, not remotely noticing her cheek, dripping blood.

"I'm screwing with you. Don't get so damn cocky, or you'll wind up laid out." the pesky Espeon said coldly in her mind, at the same time she felt her energy rise. Helping Hand, no doubt.

"That arrogant..." she whispered, shaking with fury.

Without warning, she jammed her pearly-white claws into the ground - within a second, a roar filled the congregation's ears. Summoned from the nearest river, a toorent of powerful water flooded over the battlefield, plunging the braced Sneasel underwater until she released the boosted attack's power.

"I thought this place looked dirty." she said in a pitiful excuse for a sincere voice, sharp tooth glittering.

The clearing was left dripping with water, with only the treetops safe from the Surf attack's range. Reid pondered over the nature of the attack - summoning water? - but such things were of no concern to Jiin. Nothing to a fighter.

She launched herself at the nearest figure, the Machop from before, that bastard, intent on knocking into him with a full-force Double-Edge attack. She wouldn't feel such unimportant pains, after all.

Reid sighed, moderately satisfied with Jiin's choice of powered-up attack. Surf would throw the team off its feet, after all...well, maybe not Endymion. What to do when he located my signature? he wondered dismissively, double-ended tail flicking gaily in the air.

[OOC - Waits for Persian n' MSDL to post in order to RP with Shiden mores~]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Endymion could sense the Surf attack before it came. Quickly, he took to the skies, swooping down on Akari and taking hold of her (gently), hoisting her out of harm's way. The water hit seconds later.

Senshi leapt off the ground the moment the water came, catching the sudden wave and riding it briefly before leaping off onto a treetop and hanging on for dear life as the wave slowly receded, jumping from branch to branch to the ground as it did.

He grimaced at the Dark-type's comment "Well, ya know." he replied "It could help if you cleaned behind your claws every once in a while. Since you're so intent in getting them in everything."

He grinned at his own snappy comeback, when he noticed the Sneasel dashing towards him. Senshi saw the attack coming, but to the Sneasel's (probable) surprise, made no step to move out of the way. Rather, he braced himself, crossing his arms in front of his body, taking a battle stance. His mind was calm and clear - and the red glow that surrounded his form has left no doubt that the Sneasel's attack would hurt it much more than it was going to hurt him.

The attack impacted - the Machop's feet were firmly planted in the ground, but the sheer power of the tackle managed to push the glowing superpower PokéMon backwards, leaving 'skid marks' in the ground. The air was knocked out of his lungs, making a sound as if he was hit by a truck (which in a way, he was) and the painful deep scratches on his arms would probably take a while to heal. But he would hold on. The Sneasel was knocked backwards by the recoil, obviously marginally hurt by it.

The Machop smirked, the red light bathing his form powerfully. He was a glowing white sillhouette against the burning red light, a fully charged counter attack.

He glared at the Sneasel. And then, there was a mighty flash of red energy, bright enough to be seen from across the entire area, as the Counter attack was released, its full brunt hitting the Sneasel, and quite possibly leaving a small crater in its wake. When the light subsided, the Machop, bruised, beaten, but nontheless adamantly standing, grinned.

"I'm sorry... Was it something I said?"

Plip...plip[/i]

"Hell no! That was fucking marvelous!"

Wounds and blood dripped meaninglessly off of the injured Sneasel, clashing ominously with her chaotic grin. Such power...and strategy. She wanted to learn more about this Pokémon...or just beat him into the ground. Her large red ear was revealed to have a violent gash in it, and its awkward angle suggested she had lost feeling in it. Her claws her a dirty brown, mixed with tinges of crimson, but Jiin's smile was the same. Just more elaborate. The yellow gem centered in her forhead was cracked, and that was probably where her headache was coming from.

"But I'm going down, wouldn't you say, my friend? So I'm gonna at least give Reid's arrogant self a chance to warn him..."

Jiin's dancing grin died like a brief flicker of sunlight on a stormy day, and her eyes hardened. The canine tooth was still visible, but only by nature.

"'Cause Shiden's what's important right now, so says he. And if he says it, I think it's right."

With that, a brief flare of yellow-tinted light emanated from the Sneasel, clearly on her last legs. The speed granted to her by the Agility maneuver seemed doubly as effective - Reid's detached satisfaction in her speech.

In a blue of movement, body starting to alternate between a golden and a shining red glow, Jiin flew at the foe. The Machop. She pulled her claw back, sheathing her claws and balling the remaining paw into a tight fist. In front of the Pokemon that had defeated her, she let the Focus Punch fly, for the sake of Soriin. All for Soriin - the Pokemon that had shown caring and trust where nobody else had dared.

"FOR SORIIN!" she snarled.

Reid watched, and waited. A bit more stalling, perhaps. Just a while longer, and maybe Yakiharau could cut off the meddling Charmander.

[OOC - Be amusing if Machop side-stepped...but that'd also be a letter-downer. Tank it, Machop, hoo-hah!]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Oh man, you have got to be KIDDING ME!" the Machop roared out as the unexpected focus punch met its mark, knocking the small PokéMon flying and straight into a tree. What sort of devil WAS this Sneasel? Did it have utterly no sense of pain? How could have it survived recoil damage AND the damge of its own attack doubled? But all thought perished as the creature smacked into the tree, the back of his head impacting loudly against the bark, cracking it, as the machop slid painfully down to the ground.

Everything was blurring. He could just vaguely see Endymion setting Akari on the ground, his eyes widening. He could just barely see the victorious grin on the nearly-fainted Sneasel. He could just vaguely see... the image slowly faded. Mist came in. Everything was foggy.

Sleep... It beckoned. Close your eyes and let go of the pain. Simple as that. But there was also something else. Something that forced him to fight on. Clear his mind. Open his mind. Think back to your training. I did not give you this headband so you could give up like that!

"Wha... Sensei!" The Machop jumped to attention and his eyes widened as the image cleared. Endless white planes. And standing before him - as clear as daylight - was his old master, the Blaziken who took him under his wing (so to speak) after he was separated from his clan, and first trained him in the ancient martial art that he slowly personified into his own unique battle style. He was an old Blaziken, short and frail looking, his once brilliant red plumage faded to dark crimson-brown, the light tan feathers that framed his face faded into darker tan, long headwings trailing uselessly like crests behind him while the extentions at the base of its beak were much longer than usual, trailing backwards. He had the stern look of someone who was both wise and patient, and that, were he a human he would have probably been bespectacled. How did he get here? How did Sensei get here? Where WAS here?

"Do you have any idea what you are doing?" the Blaziken suddenly leapt, landing straight in front of the Machop, glaring into his eyes and jabbing the small fighting-type's chest with a sharp claw-tipped bony bird-finger "While you are here wallowing in self-pity, your teammates need your help!"
The Machop winced - he could barely even move, let alone make a comeback "Sensei, I have no strength left in my body. I have failed them. I have failed..."
"You have failed no one but yourself!" the Blaziken jabbed the Machop again "You still have the power to fight. I did not give you that headband because you were a quitter, Senshi! Think back to your training! The pain of the body can be surpassed by the focus of the mind. Focus, young Senshi, Focus, and ye shall prevail. I did NOT train a loser! CONCENTRATE!"

The headband. Of course, the headband. There had to be something about the headband. Focus. Focus. Concentrate. Clear your mind. Think. Focus. Black Band, like a black belt, it boosts the power of fighting moves, by clearing the mind it enhances the body. Clearing the mind. Focus. Focus... Band?

That was right. He wasn't completely drained. There was still a sliver of life left in him. A sliver of energy. Just a sliver of power, but enough to launch one final attack, and go down in a blaze of...

"No! Wrong!" He felt a slap "Think again!" the Blaziken's words cut him. Bastard. He was supposed to be dead. No, he DID die. Was he dead too? Or just close enough to die to be able to...

"NO! WRONG! THINK AGAIN!" another slap, much more powerful, knocking him down. "Where's your lack of strength now, eh, Senshi? 'Oh, I'm so tired! I have no strength left!' Well, obviously you do! Think back to your training. You can do better than that!"

Senshi's eyes ignited in crimson flame.

"You're right. I can. Damn straight I can. You high-and-mighty Chicken."

"Fowl, Actually." he heard the voice echo in his mind. Typical Sensei. Always HAD to say the last word.

~*~

The Machop opened his eyes, struggling to get on his feet again. He was a crumpled heap at the base of a tree. What a waste. He could do better than that! He had a sliver of energy left in him - and he was focused and determined enough to use it.

The Machop pulled himself together, pushing himself up, leaning on his arms and knees, and slowly, shakily stood up, his body almost giving way, shifting into battle stance, his eyes almost virtually glowing. His headband certainly was.

His arms were. His body was.

The Machop burst into white light, like a Magnesium flame. His form grew significantly taller, muscles thickened. his headcrests became longer and more intricate. The headband loosened slowly, expanding with the Machop's head. He could feel his strength return. No, not return, enhance. He was better, stronger, faster...

Then the light faded, reveealing the form of a slender, athletic Machoke - a perfect opposite of the bulky, steroided monstrosities that usually bore the name. The creature's scaly skin glistened, intricate red markings flowing across its arms, its face matured from small and cute to more lean and a touch more menacing, though the eyes were still the rebellious, free-spirited eyes that they were before the transformation. The newly-evolved Machoke grinned, stretching, glaring at the Sneasel that punched him before.

"Now, that." Senshi said in a deeper voice than he had before, but unmistakably his "Is MUCH more like it."

Jiin's eyes glittered. She could hardly see anymore, such was the haze clouding her vision and striving to take her away, but she understood what had happened. That bastard had went and evolved.

"Fucking....cheap..." she snarled; she went to her knees without noticing it, without feeling anything through the pain and need to sleep.

She started to fall over, but her un-clawed paws shot out to catch her, cut, bruised, and bloody. She lost! That Machop had almost had a tie with her - but then he went and evolved!

"Reid!" Jiin screamed loudly, incapable of the Espeon's convenient telepathy. "I'm..."

What she was never escaped her lips. The frontline fighter raised her head to stare the now-Machoke in the eyes, head inclined stubbornly, and unbalanced herself by pointing one paw at him.

"I'll get better, you. I swear to it..."

The Sneasel pitched over sideways, eyes closed in defeat. If she could've seen herself, she'd have been throwing a fit. Reid closed his eyes briefly, and waited for Endymion's team to regroup itself. The more time he was able to waste before withdrawing - with Jiin's unconscious figure, of course - the better.

"You are far too cold Reid. Jiin did a great job - she shouldn't have matched up well against Senshi. I'll have a few medical Pokémon head to the Nighte Base. It's the closest, naturally. Don't fight here; Yakiharau has located Shiden once more, and is moving in. Just stall them until he is off to the meeting place."

Reid took a deep, earth-tinted breath, acknowledging the caressing summer breeze. Far off, the river Jiin had manipulated for her Surf attack ran cold and clear, filled no doubt with Magikarp and Goldeen. Once upon a time, Reid had cared about that - now, he felt no particular inclination to either the beautiful day or the cheery sunlight shining down on him.

The Espeon stood without hesitation, and leaped silently tothe crest of a boulder. When Endymion and his team walked around the grouping of rocks to enter one of the multiple entrances, he'd be in plain view. This, he thought, is going to be troublesome.

Yakiharau's piercing steely gaze never left Shiden. The Pikachu was in an unhealthy state, told from the various cuts in his fur. He twitched occasionally on the ground, murmuring inarticulately all the while. In Yakiharau's way of effortlessly collecting the Pokémon, a Skitty sat. In particular, one with a very powerful Singing ability.

To either side of the commanding Aerodactyl, a sleep-immune Pokémon waited for his words. To his right, a sleepy-eyes Noctowl, and an eager-looking Ariados shifted its thick legs. The leather-skinned Pokémon suppressed a shudder - he hated spider-like Pokémon.

"Nivarde, try to incapacitate that Skitty." he said finally, ready to cover his ears with his wings if need be.

The Noctowl cooed, and lifted into the air, before diving straight for Ayumu's pink-colored back.

((OOC: AAAAH! I missed a lot. *kills chem lab*))

BIC: Ayumu suddenly decided to get up and inspect something that might have been shiny at the right time. If she had sat back there a moment longer, wondering what sort of bread Shiden liked (and if it was melon bread, would he share some with her), she would have been speared by the Noctowl.

Turning around to face her foe (the shiny thing had been only a light trick), she stared at the bird. "Are you...you...you..." Once again, she failed to remember what the heck they were called. Tipping her head, she decided to take a guess. "A Noct...tango? Noctango?"

Before she could think again (and before the "Noctango" could move), she bolted back over to Shiden. "Ah! I'm so sorry, Noctango, but if you wanted to sit there, you should have told me." Grabbing the Pikachu lightly by the teeth, she dragged him over to the opposite wall of the cavern. "There! Now ya can have room to sit down!" Smiling, she stood up again.

"Now then..."

A pause.

A twitch.

A big breath...

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE DO YOU COME FROM AND WHO IS TELLING YOU TO DO WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING?" She shrieked (rather loudly) without taking a breath in between. Groaning, she began to slip into a rant. "Ugh! I've had to deal with soooo much today! It's sooooo annoying! So first, I gotta say, can a Skitty get ANY melon bread around here? Then, THEN, I get lost in a FOREST, and some strange Umbre-kitty goes on and on about not BARGING IN and YELLING about where ya are! I mean, why in the HECK? NOW I go after some gummi, and I find SHIDEN, who got CAPTURED by some stupid Aero-whatsit, and NOW I have some rude NOCTANGO trying to steal the perfectly UNCOMFORTABLE rock I was SITTING ON, waking for Shiden to WAKE UP!"

Then she proceeded to shriek obscenities, most of which were not only rude, but yelled without much diction.

She also seemed to master the art of speaking in all caps, a secret ability passed down through her family for generations. But she wouldn't say that out loud.

She did say pretty much everything else under the sun, though, and even touched upon the delicate political situation in Great Canyon between the Heracross and the Murkrow, as well as offer a verbal proof of the Side-Angle-Side Theorem.

After she calmed down, she took a deep breath, sat down, and smiled sweetly at the Noctowl. "So...do you like melon bread?" Her voice suddenly turned back to normal, and her gaze returned to blank...like the outburst never happened...

And she was still oblivious.

((OOC: Am I supposed to let the Noctowl/Ariados/Yakiharau take Shiden? Cuz Ayumu can do all sorts of strange stalling activities aaaaaall day.))

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Mine? Eh, It was nothing special. Sorry I haven't been around! Stel can atest as to why XD.

The Charmander suddenly awoke, in a state of panic. She pulled back, sensing his desperation.

"Sorry for that, Bad dream you might say..." He tried to look embarassed or apolegetic, but mostly he just looked disturbed. He looked around as Tallen got up and pulled the bandana she had asked the Skitty to get for her.

"Heh, sorry I went to sleep on the job back there..." He got up, unsteady on his feet "Speaking of which, what happened to Ayumu. . . ?"

At the same time, Tallen heard a distinctly Skitty pitched yowl coming from the end of the hall. It sounded decidedly distressed. Kazan looked a bit alarmed. She turned to him, dropping the bandana.

"What. . ." he still looked lost.

"Just tie it around my neck, quickly!" He did so, and they dashed down the hall together, a continuous thunderous roar coming from what sounded like a not-so-tiny Skitty.

Skidding to a stop, Tallen saw three pokemon from behind, and in front of them, a purring splotch of pink and creme, along with a shock of yellow.

Shiden! She thought.

"Ayumu!" she called, "Sing!"

It's safe to assume Tallen doesn't know sing doesn't work on these guys? She's not exactly brillaint. Does she have a plan for that bandana? who knows.

Kazan dashed after Tallen while trying to knock the last bit of sleep out of himself. As he closed in on the Ninetails, he turned to look at what the commotion was all about.

The three Pokémon, having been alerted by Tallen's cry to Ayumu, now went straight for the pink cat, causing Kazan to yelp in surprise and slight panic. He had to act fast. He ran past Tallen and head-butted the comparatively huge Ariados, knocking it out of the way.
"Hey! You little brat!" it hissed, before jumping back to it's feet. "Somebody needs to put a restraining order on you!"

Suddenly, a string-shot sprung out towards Kazan, who ducked, and rolled out of the way. He bounced back up and charged for the over-sized spider, sending it a fiery ember attack as it approached. The Ariados jumped, making a 180 degree flip in the air, and landing on the ceiling; where it remained.

"Is it getting hot here, or is it just me?" teased Kazan. The Ariados sneered at him, before pouncing on the small red lizard. It pinned the Charmander down on the ground, holding down Kazan's arms and legs.
"I didn't quite catch that, you little punk. Would you mind repeating it?" it growled, trying to intimidate the charmander.
"Sure thing... and here's a tip. Next time, don't pin me down without forcing my mouth shut" he replied, before blasting it with another ember attack. This time the whole attack hit straight on, and threw the Ariados back several feet, before it eventually collapsed on the ground.

It moaned in pain; clearly having been burned.
"Two words more: 'Type advantage'!" Kazan shouted after the bug-type. Then it turned towards the other two, who were practically on top of Ayumu. He turned towards Tallen.
"Come on! Let's help 'em out!" he cried, rushing to Shiden's and Ayumu's aid...

[OOC- Sorry for quitting so abruptly (and shortly)... Have an appointment with Prison Break I just can't miss ;P]

[OOC- I get to RP a totally-out-of-it Shiden and crazy-Yakiharau...yay!]

BIC-

Yakiharau let out a ear-splitting Screech attack, as he swooped down from his hideaway, eyes locked pointedly on Shiden. He had to get that troublesome Pikachu, and a bunch of midget-Pokémon weren't going to stop that!Oblivious to any attempts that might have been made to stop him, the Aerodactyl wrapped one powerful talon around the comatose Pikachu and landed several feet away from the rampaging battle that was taking place. Shiden's limp figure wasn't objecting to the collection, ears flopping over to one side as Yakiharau tried to find out what had knocked the electric-type out.

"Tch..." he hissed, finding the gashing wound behind the tiny Pikachu's left ear, clotted so that it no longer bled.

Cornered by a Skitty, Ninetales, and Charmander, the large prehistoric Pokémon narrowed his eyes and drew in a breath.

On the exhale, a blinding flash of powerful energy poured from his jaws, carving grooves into rock and threatening to annihilate any Pokémon in the way. As the last of the Hyper Beam issued forth, Yakiharau grew airborne with two buffeting beats of his wings. If he could get to the nearest exit, then this meddling team wouldn't be able to do anything to stop him. But...

At the last moment, his head whipped around to look at the Skitty, Ayumu - if that normal-type started singing...

"Nivarde, stop that cat!" he roared to the still-fighting Noctowl.

[OOC - Showa Time! *goes to find her rubber duckie*~]

Ayumu, who had magically not been in anybody's way during the abrupt little battle-start, suddenly heard AND registered the word "sing." Of course, she didn't really register anything else that had been said, or anything that really happened at all, but suddenly heard that word.

Lucky Yakiharau.

"Singing?" She piped up, looking quite a bit happier. "I really like singin'! Hey, Mister Noctango," Turning to the about-to-kill-her Noctowl, she asked, "wad's want me to sing?"

The Noctowl glared at her prey, shaking off the instinct to fall asleep (since it was still afternon). "I'm a female Noctowl, you idiot!" She then took to the air, readying herself to dive towards the Skitty.

"Ayu it is! It's cool we're both 'Ayu,' so I'm gonna do some Ayu now!" Ayumu took a deep breath, and began to sing very loudly in her oh-so-beautiful "singing voice." "Kokoro ga kogetsuite yakeru nioi ga shita...Sore wa yume no owari subete no hajimari datta...Akogareteta mono wa utsukushiku omoete...Te ga todokanai kara kagayaki o mashita no darou..."

The Noctowl immediately shook off the effects of Ayumu's rendition on Hamasaki Ayumi's "Moments," and dive at the Skitty...

Who immediately jumped away, while beginning the second verse of the ballad. "Kimi no kudake chitta yume no hahen ga boku no mune o sashite...Wasurete wa ikenai itami toshite kizamareteku...

Ayumu's adversary was now a little annoyed. That thing, while having pretty much nothing in the stats department, somehow was FAST. Screeching (but failing to drown out Ayumu's oh-so-lovely singing), she attempted a Wing Attack, one passed down through her family line and perfected shortly after she could fly...

And still, Ayumu jumped away before she could take much damage! Granted, the damage she took from the brushing glance she received was extremely high, but she hadn't fainted or anything. Stupid Skitty.

Most likely happily oblivious, Ayumu began the chorus. "Hana no youni hakanai no nara...Kimi no moto de saki hokoru deshou...Soshite egao mitodoketa ato...Sotto hitori chitte yuku deshou..."

The Noctowl groaned, realizing how long her singing had gone on. Most likely, it had begun to affect the people in the room, if they were still awake. Praying Yakiharau was strong enough to keep it from making him even drowsy (or she'd never hear the end of it, and her wish for night shifts would still be shrugged off), she decided to go for a Hypnosis, one of the standard Noctowl attacks. "Let's see how happy you are when you are too sleepy to sing!" She cried, focusing on pouring out her thoughts of going to sleep into her stare.

However, either by actual intelligence or dumb luck, Ayumu wasn't looking in her direction! That thing had her back to her foe, singing away ("Kimi ga zetsubou to iu nano fuchi ni tatasare...Soko de mita keshiki wa donna mono datta no darou..."). And Hypnosis needed eye contact to work...unlike Sing, which basically needed somebody in earshot.

"Iki basho o nakushite samayotteru muki dashi no kokoro ga...Fureru no o osorete surudoi toge hari meguraseru..."

Cursing inwardly, the Noctowl decided on distracting Ayumu by going for one of her teammates. Turning her back to Ayumu, she glared at Tallen, before taking to the air for an diving Tackle.

"Tori no youni habatakeru nara...Kimi no moto e tonde yuku deshou...Soshite kizu o otta sono se ni...Boku no hane o sashi dasu deshou..."

And while praying Yakiharau had gotten away in time.

((OOC: Thank you, Animelyrics.com for letting me rip off your lyrics for Hamasaki Ayumi's "Moments"! By the way, "Moments" is a very pretty ballad, and it was what I was listening to as I was deciding what song to pick. -_- It's pretty...and kind of sad, I think. I guess it depends on how the lyrics are interpreted though...oh well. I don't think it's a good fit for Ayumu, though. ^_^;; ))

Flavour Text is my Friend.

Tallen had been carefully watching the Aerodactyl, waiting for the opportune moment to dash in and carry Shiden to safety. After Ayumu, she estimated herself the fastest. The Skitty was perhaps not as clueless as she seemed, and her sing attact was the most powerful Tallen had seen. It was even making her a bit drowsy, and she wasn't very fond of the song.

A screech alerted her, and she turned to see a Noctowl bearing down upon her, eyes flashing deep purple with angry thoughts of sleep, in what seemed to be a "Fly" attack. For a moment, she was uncertain of what to do, and that moment cost her.

The Noctowl hit her and Tallen was thrown backwards. She stood shakily, wincing, a large chunk taken out of her shoulder. Flash Fire wouldn't help her here, she had been cocky before with the Houndoom, but there was no time for that now. She turned, running through her list of moves, to find the Noctowl gazing intently at her. Its eyes mesmerized her. They were deep and fathomless, and she found herself falling into them, they were deep weklls of hidden and alien thoughts,and if only she could see a little more, go a little deeper, she could perhaps understand. . .

Tallen found herself staggering forward, and realized she was in the grip of a hypnosis attack. She tried to think of a move. . . tried to think of. . . The Noctowls eyes gleamed with a malevolent light. . . Eyes. . .Eye contact. . . she had an idea, but it had to work, it would be her only chance. . .

Tallen's own eyes gleamed, with a dull red cast. She still gazed at the Noctowl, but she looked inward now. It was a battle of wills, as the Noctowl glared more strongly still.

Suddenly, the Noctowl's eyes grew glassy and unseeing. Then the light in them returned with a ferver. The Noctowl slowly turned, seemingly struggling with itself, and gave a trilling call. It suddenly dove striaght towards the Areodactyl.

According to flavour text, Tallen can posess things when her eyes glow red. :p

The Noctowl swooped past Kazan's head, speeding up as it got closer to the Aerodactyl. It hit the flying lizard straight in the gut, sending it flying slightly off course. In response, Yakiharau smacked the Noctowl with a wing, sending it flying away towards a wall. Kazan saw this as an excellent opportunity. Yes! Now that they're occupied with each other, I have a shot at getting to Shiden! he thought as he started running towards the Pikachu.

He didn't get far though, before he was spotted out of the corner of Yakiharau's eye. The giant grey beast turned away from the Noctowl and headed straight for Shiden, trying to get to it before Kazan got any closer.
"Hah, at least you've got some spirit, but you don't have a chance against me..." muttered the Aerodactyl under his breath.

Kazan was now in a full sprint, but there wasn't a chance he'd beat the Aerodactyl in speed. He just hoped that the few seconds of extra time he had gotten before Yakiharau noticed him was enough. He threw himself over the pile of rubble and slid down the other side, landing just beside Shiden's unconscious body. Kazan realized he wouldn't have time to get Shiden out of there, so he simply rolled over on his back and let out a flamethrower blindly, hoping it would hit the approaching Aerodactyl.

Thankfully, it did hit because of Yakiharau's proximity, and the Aerodactyl, although only mildly burned, veered off to the right. Yakiharau didn't say a word, but simply recircled once more and started another dive at the Pikachu. This time Kazan jumped over Shiden, grabbed his arms and dragged the Pikachu out of harms way.

As the Aerodactyl circled again, Kazan tried dragging Shiden back the same way he and the others had come. Kazan realized it was way too far of a distance to make a run for it, what with an Aerodactyl diving at both him and Shiden every few seconds. Thus, he veered off to the left heading closer to Tallen, and, purely by accident missed another attack by Yakiharau.

[OOC- Looks like Kazan might need some help ;)]

[OOC - Hoozah, Shiden-powahs! Might as well give him some sort of ability as a Pikachu. Otherwise he'd have been turned into a Pokemon merely to...gripe and get in trouble? Erm...an auto-ing slightly of Kazan? I'll chang it if need-be, daxx0r! :-\ ]

Without much more warning than a flickering of his eyelids, Shiden's eyes sprang open, and stared at Yakiharau's fast-approaching boy. The blank stare reflected in those eyes, however, was entirely different from the Pikachu's brooding expression. The electric-type's ears were flicked upwards at a right-degree angle, and refused to shift in the slightest, and his body suddenly opposed Kazan's half-frenzied tugs.

"Flamethrower, Kazan!" he said in a surprisingly-mature voice, pointing a claw at the Aerodactyl as it swooped low for another dive.

Perhaps out of reflex, the Charmander complied, unable to move the stiffened-Pikachu anyways.

As he shot the fire-based attack at the Aerodactyl, Shiden flickered with a pale silver aura, and the scorching flames roared to life as they grew bigger. Yakiharau's cunning, predatory eyes grew round with momentary confusion a split-second before he was enveloped in near-invisible flames, white-hot with stimulated strength. An head-splitting screech of pain resounded off the granite cavern walls when the flames refused to diminish - instead they merely flickered down to the average red color, and from there receded slowly.

Yakiharau crashed to the ground, fighting to reorientate his scattered mind. Not even Charizard's had such a powerful effect on him, and here was this Charmander shooting out flames of such ridiculous strength! Was it - perhaps - the glowing Pikachu, standing almost like a puppet with glazed-over eyes, that had powered the fire-type's attack? Yakiharau's eyes narrowed as he struggled to his feet, talons scraping on the rubble-littered stone floor.

"You...you have no reason to protect him - he doesn't even like you, so why not leave him in our care?" the battered ancient Pokemon snarled, grasping at straws that were as weak and burnt as his now-useless wings.

Shiden stood proudly upright for a few more seconds, unseeing eyes studying the place where Yakiharau had been before landing on the cave floor, then collapsed dumbly in Kazan's claws, as if nothing had happened, devoid of any and all of his previous authority.

[OOC - :-\ The least god-mody special ability I could think of? *is brick'd several times* Feel free to birck me and I'll change it! *has to run off to lunch like NOW*]

perhaps it's some super mega version of "Helping Hand". Maybe his special attack is super high or something *is pulling stuff out of the air*

If Tallen can momentarily posess Noctowls, Shiiden can have godmoding pikapowers.

Tallen flinched as the Noctowl was thrown against the wall, and she felt her own mind fade from under its. She came back to herself, just as the Areodactyl whirled past her. She realized she had left herself vulnerable in the heat of battle, but it couldn't be helped, It was her last shot, a technique learned from her father, who learned it from his father, years down the line. She was zoning out, tiredness still had a hold on her, and the Skitty's singing wasn't helping.

She turned and saw Kazan and Shiden standing next to each other, the charmander holding up the pikachu. she couldn't help but feel something for the pair, and she stumbled towards them. The pikachu said something but Tallen couldn't catch it, she was fading fast.

Through the haze, she could have sworn the Pikachu was glowing. He said something, and the charmander let out a fireblast, a flamethrower, something. . . Suddenly it increased a thousandfold, a flowing river of flame, whitehot and burning bright, hanging above her, like the sun. . .It reminded Tallen of once, long ago. . . when she still lived far away, where. . .

The strain was too much, the heat was so very comforting. The light was familiar. Tallen was tired, so very tired. She gave herself up to whatever was coming, and the darkness rapidly consumed her.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: WAP post. Coulda been better. GASP! I didn't even notice. I CLAIM PAGE 4 IN THE NAME OF SWEDEN! >>

The Machoke gazed at his defeated opponent, almost feeling sorry for the feisty little Sneasel. he bowed his head appreciatively, almost meditatively, when Endymion's voice snapped him back to reality.
"Congratulations, Senshi, on both an awesome victory and evolution." the moonlight PokéMon grinned at him. The Machoke grinned back "Thanks, Endy. Though I'm going to need a bigger hammock now." he chuckled "Say, does the name 'Soriin' mean anything to you? This Sneasel dedicated her Focus Punch to him..."
"No clue, though whoever this 'Soriin' is, he's probably the brains behind this operation. If he's capable of tapping into earthpower and using it as a psychic amplifier, that must make him a formidable foe. We must be cautious. What's more, I found the Espeon. And he's on the move. He has been on the move ever since you got the Sneasel."
The winged Umbreon closed his eyes "Shiryo, any luck?"
"Nothing." came the ghost's disembodied voice in his mind "I can't map the area too well, too much psychic background noise. Whoever it is doing that, he or she is scrambling the mountain with illusory lines, moving a few of the weaker ones... We're not dealing with some run of the mill psychic here. What's more, the Espeon's dangerous. He's powerful and intelligent, and he is too psychic for his own good."
"Transcended?" the Umbreon narrowed his eyes
"Seems so. Too analytical and detached from the real world to care. And fiercely loyal to whatever's twisting the mountain. I can't get in deeper. You'll have to take out the Espeon at least to clear a path for me."
"Very well." the Umbreon opened his eyes. "Senshi, Akari, watch the Sneasel. I'm going to have a chat with the Espeon..."

He was sincerely hoping he wouldn't have to use that attack again. Transcended Psychics were strange to battle, but if he had no choice... He will do it again.

After all, desperate times called for desperate measures.

The Umbreon slowly approached the path, gazing at his opponent, standing at a rocky pinnacle. Finally he stopped, at the rock's foot.

"I am Endymion of Rescue Team Elysium, here on a mission to rescue a Pikachu named Shiden, reportedly taken here by an Aerodactyl. You are standing in our way. Honor decrees I ask you to stand down peacefully before challenging you. What say you?"

[OOC - Rawr, I have no idea what WAP post stands for, but this is another at-school post, so I have a 15 minute limit to my writing. ;D]

BIC-

Reid frowned down at the Elysium team's leader, the expression carrying more resignation than distaste or hate. The Espion's fur ruffled slightly in the unimpeded winds, magnified by the lack of trees where he sat. After a moment of unresponsive gathering-of-thoughts, Reid stood. He leaped lightly down to a rock offering a better view and reach of him, then bowed his head in mandatory respect - the dip was directed at Senshi's impressive new form.

"I congratulate you, firstly, on your hard-won victory against Jiin. She has always been known as our main fighter, after all."

The Espeon altered his gaze to observe Endymion now, eyes open fully in respectful attention. Unlike the eyes Jiin had caught sight of, these eyes were a polite cherry-shade of red, hiding his darker side.

"It is - or would be - a pleasure, Endymion of Rescue Team Elysium. Unfortunately, fate pits us on opposite sides of a battle, and I would not change anything other than to the will of the one I serve. Jiin revealed his name, I couldn't help but notice, but that's expected."

The Espeon paused in his soft-voiced greeting, unmeaningfully checking to make sure Jiin was, indeed, at least breathing.

"Of course I can't stand down here, as that would be traitorous to Soriin's desires at this time. Quite a ruckus amongst Pokemon is happening within these walls...seems Kazan has even managed to incapacitate the Aerodactyl to mentioned. We call him Yakiharau. All I can say in our defense is that we have no ill-intentions with Shiden, although if such meager attempts at swayed you, I must admit I'd be disappointed. I am well-aware that you'll pass through here - I'm merely stalling, you could say."

With that he fell silent, twin tails lashing fiercely behind him even as he sat back on his haunches.

[OOC - Nya, lunch time, she calls!]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: WAP stands for Wireless Access Protocol, meaning the post from earlier was written using my phone and Opera Mini.

The Umbreon nodded at his opposite number, spreading his wings.

"It is unfortunate indeed." he said "You - and Jiin - show great loyalty to your master, if you would risk a battle in which the odds are severely against you, and being aware of the risk. However... I am also aware that a wise foe would never expose his true strengths before a potential opponent - and therefore, I will not make the mistake of underestimating you."

He closed his eyes, orienting his othervision on the Espeon. Either he was shielded, or he wasn't exactly there, but something seemed strange about the sillhouette. He could not risk the vortex yet. Not until he fully pulled his opponent into this plane. He would, however, begin drawing its energies into him. If this Espeon was stalling for time, he would have to make it quick.

The leylines shifted. subtly.

The Umbreon stood vigilant, narrowing his eyes at the Espeon. Feline claws extended from his paws.

"Let us begin." he said simply... And vanished into seeming nonexistence.

[OOC - Omigeez, ninja-effing Endymion! *spazzes*]

The cherry-eyes Espeon blinked, outwardly showing no difference in expression - of course he didn't really feel anything anymore...but. The Umbreon had shown signs of sensing the psychic-type's wavering persona, distorted by his Protect-shield, brought up silently as soon as he had finished his introduction.

The lightning-quick Faint Attack, making ideal use of Endymion's skills and type, reflected off of the potent shield, and Reid let the barrier fall without a struggle. Easily regained when he needed it, why waste energy?

Even while the shield flickered away, Reid countered, firing a powerful concentration of psychic energy - not at Endymion, but at Senshi. The power-sucking wave was stronger than Reid had intended, but he was never good at controlling such things.

"I really do wish..." he grew glaze-eyes as Soriin sent him a lightning-quick message. "...Shiden did? That explains...why he might actually be worth keeping."

The psychic-type calmly brought up a powerful barrier, considering Soriin's newly-obtained information. Likely straight from Yakiharau's pathetic mind. Soriin couldn't grow eyes in the cavern walls, after all. Kazan had help...?

"Never mind." he said calmly, sharing this new piece or knowledge with his adversaries - if Soriin didn't warn him against it, it was fine. "I guess you might have reasons for keeping Shiden as well. I wonder if you'll get him...Yakiharau's down, but the cavern is filled with ignorant peons."

He waited, wondering if Endymion was going to find a way to deal with him quickly. Reid dismissed it. He could deal with pain, and quite a bit of it. He wasn't a masochist despite Jiin's beliefs, but whatever injuries he gained didn't matter in the long run, anyways. Who was he? Nobody, so far as he considered it. Maybe an extension for Soriin. He waited for another attack, watching the shimmering blue skies with vague eyes.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"I've obviously misjudged you." Enydmion glared at the Espeon, fire burning in his eyes. "This battle is between you and me. Involving Senshi was uncalled for! But I should have not expected a psychic-type to fight honorably, after all, A transcended moreso than a regular psychic!"

From a distance, he could see the psychic attack fade to nothingness as it impacted a green bubble - a Protect from Senshi. Good call there. Moments later, Akari and Senshi were no more, Ley-teleported away for the duration of the duel to avoid any more bright ideas.

And saying so he took to the air, circling around his opponent at an immesurable speed. Soon enough, there wasn't one Umbreon but seven, all flying in circles around the Espeon, slowly, screeching ominously, getting dangerously close but never making a single move agianst him. It was a linked Double Team/Taunt attack - using Double Team's doubling effect to power up a nonoffensive move. He was hoping for one specific effect - preventing the Espeon from using his shielding abilities. And after that, all it would take...

Tendrils of darkness rose from the earth, though no one could have seen them except for Endymion. Slowly, a spiral of shadow began forming around the Espeon. Little black sparkles began dancing around all Endymion's forms, slowly forming shadow balls. Three at first, then five, then seven, glowing balls of shadow orbiting him like little moons. Only three were fully formed now, out of the seven floating around every mirror image, but it was only a matter of time...

He really wished he didn't have to do this. But there was only one way he knew to incapacitate a transcended.

Status
Not open for further replies.