• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Solacrest Academy IC

The grand building loomed over the students like some sort of monster, the arching entrance like an open mouth waiting to swallow them all. The building looked much older than the rest of Duskscorn City and the exterior looked like it could use a few renovations, but the inside looked just as modern as the rest of the city, at least according to all of the websites and brochures that Anna had browsed.

She looked at the Academy, shuddering a little. I didn't know it would be this big, she thought, looking at her Pokemon. Arsenica stood on its hind legs, standing over her like a protective sentry. The rest of her Pokemon were in their balls, but Salazzle was different, it had been the first Pokemon Anna had ever recieved. It was a gift from her late father, who was a well-known trainer in Paldea. She had managed to train it well, and it had evolved a few months before her arrival at Solacrest Academy. As she looked at Arsenica, memories of him threatened to make her break down in front of everyone, but she pushed the thoughts away.

Arsenica looked at the other trainers, narrowing its eyes at them and attempting to gauge their threat levels. The female in the hat looked to it like the most imposing one here, so Arsenica stood between her and Anna, shielding her from the perceived threat.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Brianna stumbled forward, her hair falling into her face as she caught herself on Tink’s hammer. “Thanks Tink.” She said and shrugged, grabbing its Pokeball from her black carpenter’s pants and having Tink be put into it. She glanced over the school with awe on her face, from the outside it looked really old but it seemed rather cool to Brianna anyways. She honestly couldn’t believe she was here, she thought she wasn’t going to be able to get in but here she was. Earlier, her mother had expressed a lot of concern but it had not exactly bugged her. She looked around and noticed a Salazzle standing up and Briannas eyes seemed to gleam. “That is SO cool.” She whispered to herself. Though she didn’t see why, she was often called childish. Maybe it was her constant love of Pokemon? She really had no clue but her reaction definitely reminded her of what others have said. She shrugged it off and began to fidget with her hands.

Cody held a Rotom Phone in his hands, it’s blue case shimmering when the sun would hit it just right. He grumbled when the glare of light shone and covered the screen. Texts kept coming through from his siblings, they had kept congratulating him and it really bugged him. All he knew was that all of his little siblings had to follow in his path and he was okay with that, even if his brothers and sisters disagreed. He eventually looked up from his phone and scanned the area of trainers around him. “Ugh what is he wearing?” He sighed to himself and looked around again. This group of new students, he assumed they were new, seemed offbeat to him. It was unsettling to see so many young and bright faces but he guessed he would have to get used to that if he wanted to teach in his future.

Augustus Legend

Augustus Legend looked at the imposing academy, his Pokéballs gave various reactions until one opened, and an Alolan Sandshrew appeared, Augustus looked at the supposed Sandshrew, and found something was off. Augustus then looked at the Pokémon further, realizing that the Alolan Sandshrew was only an Illusion, and the Illusion dropped, revealing a Unovan Zorua, who jumped on his shoulder. As he walked through, he saw so many Pokémon from all over, including a Sneasler? This was strange, he wasn't sure if he was the only one with an ancient Pokémon like this. As he walked with Trickster, his Unovan Zorua, he held a Pokéball in his hand.

"I just Hope no one tries anything harmful," Augustus whispered.

That particular Pokéball held his starter, a Hisuian Zoroark, who really did not like either Augustus or Augustus's Pokémon getting hurt intentionally. As such, he kept Grip on that Pokéball as he walked around, seeing so many people and Pokémon. Trickster saw something out of the corner of his eye, and alert Augustus of a Salazzle. He was surprised by her white color.

"That's not a shiny I've seen before, now she is the first one I've seen in person."

Augustus made a mental note to ask the trainer about their Salazzle. However, the Pokéball in his hand opened, revealing a Galarian Slowking. However, that facade, or rather, that illusion, dropped to reveal a Hisuian Zoroark. The Zoroark looked around, keeping close to Augustus, looking around to see what was going on. However, a Chimchar jumped towards Trickster, as Trickster jumped off of Augustus's shoulder. The Chimchar then tackled into Augustus, knocking him over. As Augustus got up, Trickster opened Crown's Pokéball, having him look over Augustus, when Crown was Done, Trickster and Crown were returned as the Chimchar started shaking like a Snorunt. Chimchar then ran away as Augustus got Iluusio back to his normal, Watchful self.

"That's gonna hurt." Augustus felt his side.

Kiana Smith

Kiana Smith was running as fast as she could, as Mariachi the Fuecoco had run off in search of people and Pokémon to befriend. A couple of her most trusted team members had been searching as well, particularly Spikes the Gimmora, and Cleanse the Scyther. As Cleanse took to the air, Spikes kept closer to the ground.

Mariachi the Fuecoco had been running around, looking around the area, seeing a bunch of people and Pokémon, some scarier looking than the giant, gray monkey with fists that his trainer had with her. As Mariachi ran around, he saw so many Pokémon. The Pokémon he saw ranged from a Sneasler, to an Alakazam, to even a white Salazzle? As Mariachi ran, A Glimmora had been floating nearby. The Glimmora had noticed Mariachi, and started floating towards him. He then stopped in His tracks, as the Glimmora flew up to try and get Kiana's Attention.

Kiana Smith had managed to look up to find her Shiny Glimmora, Spikes, opened like an Onion Blossom, with her head pointed down, as if trying to lead her somewhere. Kiana then saw Cleanse, who saw Spikes, and pointed.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked her Scyther.

Cleanse nodded as the two headed over to where Spikes was floating over and surely enough, there was Mariachi. The Fire type ran back over and gave a sad look.

"I know you want to make friends, but it would be better in a controlled environment, so Fist doesn't start scaring people." Kiana kneeled down to her Fuecoco, speaking.

She then returned her Fuecoco and her Scyther, leaving Spikes the Shiny Glimmora out, as said Rock and Poison Type closed up and floated back down to where her trainer was. The two then walked, gaining looks from Passersby. As she turned around, she heard something from a passerby.

"Ugh, what is he wearing?"

All of a Sudden, a Pokéball from Kiana's belt opened up, revealing Mariachi the Fuecoco, who ran off towards the voice, as Kiana and Spikes ran towards him, and stopped nearby him.

"Coco!"

Kiana looked at her Glimmora, who looked at the Fuecoco. Kiana then saw her Fuecoco trying to introduce himself.

"Phew! I was worried we weren't going to find this place." Awinita remarked while her Rapidash, Arya, snorted as if to say. And whose fault do you think that is? Awinita rolled her eyes as she patted Arya's neck before dismounting. "Yeah, I know. But to be fair, you didn't know exactly where we were heading either."
The Fire type Pokemon shook her head, unable to disagree with her trainer. "Come on Girl, let's see if we can make some new friends in this place." Placing a gentle hand on Arya's shoulder, Awinita slowly walked towards the building with the equine beside her. Already, she was seeing some interesting Pokemon: a Salazzle, a Tinkaton, and so many more!
"This is going to be one heck of an experience."
As soon the words left her lips, Awinita noticed a familiar figure in the crowd, a Fuecoco running up to him. Making her way over to them, she knew exactly who it was. "Is that you Cody?"
@|Bread| @Cmeriwether

Last edited:
Anna looked at the commotion around her and started blushing. She was the only one who seemed uncomfortable here, and everyone else seemed to be having a better time than her. Nobody else was hiding behind their Pokemon, and some were even introducing themselves to others. Dad was right, she thought. I am a coward. That's why he had to go and catch Arsenica for me. Anna looked at the large Pokemon, which seemed to be watching Augustus now, its cold eyes appraising the younger trainer. "Don't attack anyone, now," she whispered. "I know you don't trust anyone, but I don't think any of them are gonna hurt me."

Anna decided to let one more of her Pokemon out of its ball. She took a Quick Ball out of the inside of her jacket and released Amp. The small Pokemon squeaked in terror and buried its face in her shirt, trying to hide from all of the unfamiliar people and Pokemon. Anna wrapped her arms around it and held it close, trying her best to appear caring for Amp, rather than hugging it like a teddy bear.

Augustus Legend

As Augustus continued walking, Trickster popped back out after Iluusio was returned. Trickster then jumped off of Augustus's shoulder, where he normally would be when he saw the Salazzle again. Trickster turned into the Salazzle and started approaching the Pokémon. Augustus had his hand on Crown's Pokéball in case Trickster did something that would cause an issue. He then released his hand from Crown's Pokéball, approaching calmly.

"Hello, I was curious about your Salazzle, I've never seen a Shiny Salazzle before, and my Zorua spotted her, hence why it looked like I had one too." Augustus responded, "Augustus Legend, I am Studying Regional Variants, but seeing this kind of Pokémon is not a common Occurrence. Ow!"

Trickster then looked at the Salazzle before turning back into himself, revealing the fact that this Salazzle was actually a Unovan Zorua. Trickster looked back after hearing his trainer say "Ow!". Two Pokéballs on his belt each shook once when he said that.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Cody looked up, his eyes seemed angry but a small smile was locked onto his pale face. He turned and then found where his name had been said.
“Awinita?” He exclaimed. He studied her face making sure it was the right person.
“It’s nice to see you.” He nodded his head in acknowledgement.
“Do you go here too?” He asked after he took a sharp breath in. As he was speaking he noticed a smaller Pokemon beneath him, a Fuecoco. His eyes widened in surprise and he leaned forward, patting the tip of its snout gently. He didn’t know exactly if it was one of the trainers Pokemon or if it was wild one but he figured touching it wouldn’t do any harm. He stood back up and looked around, hoping to find someone looking for it.

@Cmeriwether @Draco Nightshade

Kiana Smith

Mariachi gave off a happy squeak as his snout was gently petted. The Fuecoco jumped up and down as best as he could as Kiana caught up with her Fuecoco, with Spikes following shortly behind.

"S-sorry a-about M-Mariachi, h-he l-loves t-to m-make new friends." Kiana walked up to Cody and the group of him, Awinita, and her Fuecoco, Mariachi.

Spikes nudged Kiana a bit, trying to help her trainer.

"K-Kiana S-Smith, T-This i-is M-Mariachi t-the F-Fuecoco, a-and S-Spikes t-the G-Glimmora."

Spikes gave off its happy cry, which sounded something that wasn't sure if it was of this world. The Glimmora then started floating next to Kiana, in sight of everyone, somewhat calmed by the presence of Kiana and Mariachi. The Fire Croc Pokémon jumped excitedly.

@Draco Nightshade @|Bread|

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Max Fallere
Max strolled up to the front of the school. He didn't let the exterior touch the aura of smug overconfidence that radiated from him. The man knew he was going to crush this semester alongside his team... who were all currently stuck in their Pokéballs. It was either because walking alongside them in public was difficult(for a variety of reasons), or the fact that he was a smidge embarrassed to be teaming with what were largely considered weak Pokémon. He wasn't going to let that get in the way of becoming the best trainer in history, though. If anything, training with weaker Pokémon was basically hard mode!

His eyes glazed over as he was trapped in thought. Ego-stroking and self-reaffirming thoughts danced throughout his head until he was abruptly snapped out of his trance by a sudden "Ow!" Somebody was messing around with some shapeshifter Pokémon, which Max assumed to not be very strong if he hadn't heard of it. Impressively, he intertwined high levels of arrogance and hypocrisy in a single train of thought. The trainer decided to walk over and talk to the guy.

He chuckled, "Hey dude, it's only the first day. Don't freak out just yet!"
@Cmeriwether @Anakisuto

"Yeah, Arya and I would have been here a bit sooner but we got lost." The Rapidash snorted as Awinita patted her shoulder. As she was about to ask about the Fuecoco, its trainer came and retrieved him, introducing herself as Kiana Smith. "Those are some interesting Pokemon you have there. I'm Awinita Brooke, and this is Arya."
Seeing how nervous Kiana was, the rather large Rapidash came forward and gently nudged Kiana's cheek in greeting. Awinita then turned to Cody. "Come on Cody, introduce yourself!"
@|Bread| @Cmeriwether

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“That’s okay.” Cody replied to Kiana, looking between her and Mariachi the Fuecoco. A confused look was plastered on his face as he nodded. He turned back to Awinita and Arya the Rapidash with a small smile.
“Glad to see you made it eventually though.” He said finally to Awinita, shrugging as she told him to introduce himself. With that he turned back to Kiana and looked at her, she seemed way too nervous. He squinted and glanced at her up and down.
“Nice to meet you, I’m Cody Butler Russo but please call me Cody.” He held out a hand waiting for her to shake it.

@Draco Nightshade @Cmeriwether

Anna looked at the scene unfolding around her, and she seemed to almost wilt when multiple people came near her. She hugged Amp a little tighter, but she was careful not to accidentally hurt the small Pokemon. Arsenica seemed to pick up on Anna's distress. It quickly approached the other trainers, who were pretty close to them. It reared up on its hind legs and hissed at them, trying to get them to get away from her. Anna looked at Arsenica, looking more nervous than ever. "You don't need to-" she tried to say as the Salazzle made its way to the strangers.

@Cmeriwether @|Bread| @Psymallard

Augustus Legend

"The Zorua is my Pokémon, a random Chimchar jumped at me and headbutt me, one of my other Pokémon scared the Chimchar off, which was good, because the Chimchar would have stood very little chance against that Pokémon." Augustus told the guy that approached.

One of his Pokéballs shook, a particular Pokéball that Augustus was worried would open due to not so much the Pokémon power, but the reaction. The Salazzle approached then hissed at him. He was now extremely worried about what was to happen next.

"Uh oh..."

All of a sudden, a Pokéball opened, and Trickster popped back on Augustus's shoulder, if he wasn't already there. A large, bipedal, mostly red and white fox-like Pokémon was now staring down the Salazzle. The hair on the head of this creature had what seemed to wisps poking out of it. A noise came from the Pokémon, and it did not sound happy. A sound not unlike the wail of a Banshee or the roar of a Wendigo rang out Towards the Salazzle.

"Iluusio, Don't attack!"

Iluusio then awaited orders, but still stared Down the Salazzle. He was still unhappy with the Salazzle and her hissing, however.

"All I wanted to do was learn a bit about the Salazzle." Augustus facepalmed, "Not possibly get in a fight with her."

@Anakisuto @Psymallard @|Bread| (Bri should hear the sounds Iluusio is making)

Kiana Smith

Kiana was surprised at the rather large Rapidash that nudged her in an attempt to help calm her down. Kiana then looked down at Mariachi, then looked back up to find Cody with a Hand to shake. Kiana took up the offer. She then shook his hand.

"Thanks," Kiana responded to the Rapidash and the Rapidash's trainer, "It's a bit nerve wracking when you're in a region you're not used to, especially when one of your Pokémon is rather excitable. I came from Medali, in the Paldea region."

Spikes looked at the group in front of her and then at Kiana, as Mariachi started looking around with wide eyes, seeing all of the group.

@|Bread| (Cody) @Draco Nightshade

Matt looked down to the ground, putting his hands in his pockets as he shuffled around by all the other students, his Xatu to his side. He was wearing a sporty, bright blue t-shirt and light gray shorts, along with black sandals and white socks to take advantage of the rather balmy weather. This 'Duskscorn City' was bigger than any city he'd ever stepped foot in, he thought it a miracle that he even managed to find the academy... Now all he was wondering was when they would be given an orientation speech, or if the people around him were just as confused as he was as to what was going to happen.

He had been pacing around for quite some time, and his Xatu took notice. It pecked at Matt's left hand, causing him to yelp and grab his hand in pain, about to scowl the bird Pokemon before realizing what it was doing. "Right," he sighed, rubbing the injury. "I shouldn't pace so much, it makes me look insane..." Matt patted the Xatu for the reminder, but it didn't seem to react to him. Ignoring this, he took a few big breaths before eying up his peers around him. They seemed to all be chatting away at this point, some even already knew each other, which made him feel a bit disheartened as he dawdled around on his own without even saying a word to them...

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Max Fallere
A large albino lizard put up an intimidation display, and Max was properly intimidated. He virtually jumped back, and almost hid behind Augustus, who accidentally released an even more threatening cream-colored Pokémon. Yet as the trainer made it clear that the ghastly fox wasn't meant to be outside its Pokéball, Max swallowed his fear within a snicker.

"Man, am I the only student that can control his Pokémon here? This year's gonna be easy!"

The man chortled and slowly began sashaying away, yet stayed within earshot. His smugness would continue to be difficult to ignore even from Over There.

Last edited:

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Maeve Anne Miller
Solacrest Academy, Duskscorn City, Brale Region

Maeve's mind was filled with a mixture of nervousness and excitement. This academy would be absolutely nothing like what she had done before, after all of her years of homeschooling had only prepared her for the academic side of the academy - not the social aspect whatsoever. Maeve was very unfamiliar with social contact, and had only really interacted with her family, Pokemon, and a select assortment of friends, though she was more so acquaintances with the few friends she had.

But she knew she had made up her mind, and there was nothing she could do to stop herself now. She continued walking forward, glancing at a few conversations people were having on the way. She took a few sips of water, and while she did get some glances, she mainly remained alone, going on her own business. The academy hadn't given her any information about the first day, other than just coming there, so she was uncertain if she had to go somewhere. Of course, she could just, well ask someone... but she really didn't feel like doing that now. Especially since the nerves on her face were pretty present.

However, she heard the sound of a roar. It was likely coming from a Pokemon, and Maeve realized this immediately. She wasn't actually too frightened by the Pokemon's noise, and instead went to investigate, but she had two Poke Balls in her hand incase anything were to happen.

She saw a group of students nearby, and it looked like a battle was brewing on the horizon. Mae didn't walk up close to the group, but she observed what was going on from a certain distance.

If somewhere were to really go wrong, she'd have to intervene - though she'd rather not get to that point.

Anna watched what was happening in front of her and decided that she needed to do something about it, rather than cowering from her own Pokemon. She put Amp back in its Quick Ball and steeled herself for what she was about to do.

You shouldn't even have to be doing this, she thought. Everyone else here can control their Pokemon, and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to as well.

Anna sighed and stepped forward, trying to look as confident as she could. She looked upset, but not quite angry. "ARSENICA!" she yelled, seeming much more intimidating than she actually was. "Stop that, I'm fine! You don't need to do this..." Her voice lost its gravity as she spoke, eventually fading to her usual, easily unheard and ignored tone.

However, despite Anna's tone, Arsenica responded to her command, backing off, but still eyeing the other trainers and the Zoruark, narrowing its eyes at the other Pokemon, and preparing to attack should it become a threat to its trainer.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Brianna Courts

Brianna could feel herself almost overwhelmed as she looked at the Pokemon around her. She had not seen that many in years, when she was at Naranja Academy and when she would sneak over to nearby gym tests and watch them, it was one of her favorite secrets. She loved watching them but she was too scared to participate herself. She spun around and tried to take everything in, her pants ending up tripping her in the process and she fell to the ground. She groaned and pushed herself up. Nearby she began to hear some odd noises, she turned trying to find out where it was coming from and but ultimately couldn’t pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. Brianna turned around again and then noticed a tall white and red Pokemon in the not so far distance. Her eyes widened with excitement yet what seemed like fear seemed to drizzle in her eyes. She would continue to stand there.

@Cmeriwether

Cody Butler

Cody nodded as Kiana shook his hand. He took a step back and stood and listened to Kiana continue to speak. He looked back at Awinita and Arya with a smile and then back. It seemed to be forever since he had seen the two and was glad to know someone there, though he knew he could succeed easily without anybody else. What he meant was that he could see no one else getting in his way, and it had been like that for years it seemed. He nodded again.

“I agree.” He said quickly and then blinked. Cody shook his hands before running a hand through his ginger hair. His thoughts went racing, he shouldn’t have answered since it wasn’t directed towards him in general but he managed to shake it.

@Draco Nightshade @Cmeriwether

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Maeve Miller

@Cmeriwether, @|Bread|, @Anakisuto

Does everyone at this school…. not know how to control their Pokemon? Interesting....

Maeve’s Pokemon were quite obedient as she raised them from when they were eggs, and they grew up together. Although the Pokémon she had, which were two Ninetales and an Eevee, sometimes clashed with one another, they usually obeyed Mae’s commands. Again - at least for the most part. Her two Ninetales, one Alolan and one Kantonian, had a sort of sibling-like relationship, where both would protect each other and Mae, but at the same time, attempt to compete and even fight one another.

But this was in sharp contrast to the scene playing out in front of her. Maeve observed the supposed trainer of the Salazzle, yelling straight at her Pokemon. She was going to ask what was going on, as she had no context of the situation whatsoever, only some clues that hinted that apparently a fight was about to break out.

However, a flash of light come from one of the poke balls Maeve was holding. It would soon reveal a quadruped fox pokemon with pale blue fur, and long tails, nine of them to be exact. It was Maeve's female Alolan Ninetales, which she nicknamed as Frise. While Mae was initially a bit shocked, she knew Frise wouldn't really do anything rash, so she let her watch the current situation with her. The Ninetales looked at the Salazzle and the Hisuian Zoroark, not looking intimidating or anything, but still making sure they didn't try anything rash or aggressive.

Mae knew this was a bit awkward and she probably didn't really need to be here, and a part of her kind of wanted to leave, but her curiosity got the better of her. She noticed a brown-haired, shorter woman nearby also watching the scene, and while Maeve didn't walk up to her, she gave a look of confusion, wondering what in the world was exactly going on here.

Matt remained on the outskirts of the groups of people forming in front of the academy. He seemed to be just fine with this however, smiling cheerfully as he gave his Xatu a poffin he had in his backpack, virtually living in another world compared to the unfolding drama around him. The still very-anxious looking young man took a bite out of a spare sandwich he packed just in case, sitting down near an adjacent wall next to his contented Pokemon. From where he sat, he took in the sights of the large city, squinting his eyes as he looked at the bright sunlight up in the horizon, which was itself obscured by some of the Duskscorn's larger buildings. He thought it strange that such a magnitude of people lived in these large cities, all in the same community, with the same routines, the same norms, and the same aspirations. Matt shuddered at the thought. He hated how life in the city sounded in his own head... it reeked of complacency.

But, thinking back to his hometown of Violet, was it any different? All of Johto has a desire to preserve the past, preserving its own culture, while being a fair bit hesitant to try anything new. That's the whole reason Matt was here, to try something new. He sat on that thought for a while, just sitting there in solace for a bit. As he stared off in the distance, looking at the crowds of people that surrounded him, he began losing his train of thought, spacing out until his Xatu once again snapped him out of it with a succinct peck, this time right on the head. "AGH-" he exclaimed, putting his hand on his head, then sighed. They were both already finished with their snacks, so Matt slowly but surely staggered up from his sitting position, stretching his arms into the air once he did. If he was going to this academy to try something new, then why not actually try to strike up a conversation with people?

Just as Awinita was about to say something else, her remaining pokeballs burst open to reveal a bigger than average Luxio and a shiny Buneary. "What the - Bonnie, Leo?!"
The two Pokemon shook themselves before looking around at everyone and their surroundings, Bonnie immediately introduced herself to Mariachi while Leo rubbed against Awinita's legs begging for attention. Awinita sighed. "Sorry about them, they have a tendency to pop out whenever they want."
Awinita then knelt down to pet Leo while Arya shook her head at the two Pokemon. The Fire type had stopped counting how often this happened after about the thirtieth time. Still, she was always impressed with her trainer's patience. "Oh right. Cody, you haven't met these two before. This one is Leo and the Buneary is Bonnie. I caught them after we split up." Glancing up at Kiana, Awinita added. "Bonnie is very friendly and loves attention." @|Bread| @Cmeriwether

Augustus Legend
Interactions: @|Bread| (Bri) @Anakisuto (Annabelle) @Psymallard (Max) @~Aura~Slashz~ (Mae)

Augustus looked at the young woman, the young man that jumped behind him, another young woman who saw the situation, then at Iluusio as the Zoroark stated down the Salazzle for a moment, before Augustus returned his Pokémon. He was mostly worried because of what he read about Hisuian Zoroark.

"Sorry about Iluusio, he tends to do that, but waits for the other mon to make an attack." Augustus responded, "I wanted to make sure I didn't have to see a Pokémon Center before the day was over."

However, Trickster saw someone in range, and jumped off, turning into a Magikarp. The Illusory Magikarp then started flopping around as Augustus noticed his Zorua missing from his Shoulder.

"Sorry, but I have to go, My Zorua is deciding to play a prank on someone."

He then found his Magikarp? The Magikarp then turned back into a Zorua. He then noticed the Alolan Ninetales, and the black haired woman with the Ninetales. She seemed to looked confused at what unfolded.

"Thank you for getting me out of there." Augustus told his Pokémon, "I would have probably had to have Crown and I stop him from trying to annihilate the Salazzle."

"Sorry about that, Miss, Iluusio is protective of me and my Pokémon. Summary is that The Salazzle got a bit agitated at literally most of our presence, and hissed at us, My Zoroark did not take that Kindly, hence the roars from him, I was worried he was going to go all out," Augustus told the confused young woman with the Ninetales, "Augustus Legend, Researcher in training for Regional Variants. I've noticed your Alolan Ninetales."

Kiana Smith
Interactions: @Draco Nightshade (Awinita) @|Bread| (Cody)

Kiana was noting the Rapidash's trainer as well as Cody, when Cody said something about agreeing with her. It seemed like he was embarrased. Kiana was quite surprised when the two Pokéballs opened to reveal a Large Luxio and a shiny Buneary. Kiana was surprised, as the Buneary was another Shiny Pokémon.

"I-I w-was l-lucky w-when I f-found Spikes," Kiana responded, "This is t-the first t-time other than Spikes that I've seen a S-Shiny Pokémon."

Mariachi jumped up and down in excitement, seeing new Pokémon and people. The Fuecoco then Gave the best wave to the two with his little arms. Spikes looked at the group, giving slight movement As if to say hello. Mariachi then approached Bonnie, giving off a happy squeak as he stopped.

Last edited:

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Mae Miller
@Cmeriwether (most direct),
@|Bread|, @Anakisuto, @Psymallard (in same scene/area)

Mae was a bit overwhelmed, and Frise seemed to be increasingly on alert as the situation escalated. They were both confused as they saw a random Magikarp flopping around, but then she realized it was just a tricky Zorua. Frise seemed a bit pissed at the Zorua's antics and actually considered sending a full on Moonblast, but decided to back off as she felt Mae's hand on her head. Mae pet the Ninetales' head, hoping to calm it down, and succeeding pretty well.

She then noticed the trainer of the Hisuian Zoroark who opposed the shiny Salazzle, who introduced themselves as Augustus. Apparently, he was particularly interested in Regional Variants, and her Alolan Ninetales was a prime example of one.

Mae froze for a second, hesitating on what to say. She practiced multiple times in her head what she was going to say, and Frise entered a protective stance, ensuring Augustus wasn't about to attack her. However, Frise sensed that Augustus had no ill intention, and backed off immediately. Frise even seemed to enjoy the fact that Augustus was interested in Pokemon like her.

"H-hey, I'm Maeve Miller. I-it's a pleasure to meet you...." she took a bit of a pause, "and don't worry about t-that, I guess Pokemon act like that a lot."

Maeve took a bow, which she always had to do at home when she was introduced to someone. She seemed a bit embarrassed that she hesitated and stuttered a lot, as shown by the small hint of red on her face.

I really just messed up my first introduction, didn't I...? Come on, Mae.... do better.

It was quite a pleasant day in Duskorne City, though it was warmer than his hometown in Freezington. The sky was bright blue, with puffy clouds scattered across it like Wooloo prancing in the snow. Evander smiled as he looked up at the tall archway, as crowds of students, all with different paths and ambitions, walked past him. He had thought the academy looked imposing and ancient when he saw it on the websites, but that fact was made even clearer when seeing it in person.

It reminds me of those Regi temples back home. Or that castle in Hammerlocke, for that matter. This building must go way, way, way back. I might want to look into its history later.

Suddenly, Evander felt something rub up against his right leg. He looked down to see his Baltoy shyly floating behind him, grabbing it with their clay arms. They seemed to be overwhelmed by all the people and Pokemon around him, and he couldn’t blame them. With the amount of students here, and their Pokemon too, who knows what could happen?

“Don’t worry Dogu, I doubt anything bad will happen now. I’ll just be here if you need me.” Evan said as he crouched down and patted Dogu on the head, reassuring them that it would be okay. Dogu’s telepathic abilities may be overwhelmed in the crowds. And with all the people around him, he didn’t want to send out Aurelia or Lilium right now.

Aurelia is way too big and draws way too much attention, and Lilium would definitely pick a fight. Peonia did say that most people don’t know that the Crown Tundra holds living fossils. I don’t want to cause a panic, especially on the first day.

Evander stood back up and stretched, waking his tired muscles. He looked down to see Dogu had released their grip and floated beside him, looking much happier. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his Rotom Phone, its pale brownish beige case emblazoned with a dinosaur bone.

“Aye… I’m gonna go text someone real quick. You can look around for a bit but don’t take too long. I don’t want to be late to class.” He told Dogu as he opened his phone inquisitively, hoping to see a notification. The curious Baltoy floated up to his head level, also curious what message was sent. Turns out Peonia did text him something while he was traveling.

"How you been doing Ev? Just checking in, hopefully, you don't brush me off. Dad and I hope you're having a jolly old time there in Brale. Catch some cool Pokemon for me, would'ya?" Evan read the text in a barely audible tone, as he gave a small grin. He wasn't expecting her to send him one so soon, but maybe she missed him. Though that was unlikely.

I'm doing fine, though the weather is a bit warm. You should see the amount of people and Pokemon here. You'd be completely smothered. He quickly typed back as Dogu floated off. He had some time before orientation, so he was willing to just relax for a tad and enjoy the ambiance around him.

--------

Dogu had been feeling a psychic presence nearby, which was clearer to him than all the other ones they had felt that day. The Baltoy had been feeling a lot of them, since they’ve seen so many people and Pokémon on their journey. By focusing on one signal, they wouldn't be overwhelmed by all the minds around them, and they were curious as to the source. Dogu floated and weaved under, over, and around students and their Pokemon, trying to not draw attention to themselves. There seemed to be a confrontation between a weird-looking Salazzle and an equally odd-looking Zoroark, but they weren't interested. After staying on the outskirts of the crowds, he came across what seemed to be the origin of this psychic disturbance.

A boy wearing muted clothes with jet-black hair and brownish eyes, and next to him was a green condor-like Pokemon with long, red-and-black tipped white wings. It had almond eyes, a long, slightly hooked beak, and two long, red feather crests. Its feet have only two toes, one in front and one in back. Both seemed to be watching the others from afar, and the boy seemed to have just been pecked. That Pokemon seemed to be the source of the psychic presence they were feeling, and maybe he could introduce his trainer to this one. They kept their distance though, just in case.

@Your-Friday-Filet (Matt Coltrane and his Xatu)

Last edited:
Matt looked nervously around the large crowd of people, still unsure of how to make any leeway to talk to any of the students around him... he hadn't even really wanted to in the first place, but he knew it was going to be an eventuality. That is, until he looked down at his Xatu, which seemed to be glaring at something in the distance, but not a person, a Pokémon. Being from the Johto region, he was unable to identify it by name, but it resembled some sort of tan figurine with two elongated arms and a spike on both ends of its body it looked like it could spin on. Matt just stared at this new Pokémon as well, unable to tell if it was even conscious, despite its ability to levitate slightly off the ground. But after seeing the Xatu's glare become more ferocious, he could tell that they were engaging in some sort of psychic battle, something indetectable by Matt himself, but something he had seen his Xatu engage in with nearly any other Psychic Pokémon they ran into.

The best course of action was always to break up these battles, as in his prior experience it had only led to Pokémon on both sides being left worse for ware. He tried to pat his Xatu to try and calm it down, but his partner Pokémon straight up hit him with its wing before he could do anything about it. Grumbling, he finally spoke up. "Why are you wasting your energy on this small Pokémon anyways? We're trying to land a good impression here, and beating up other peoples' Pokémon certainly isn't the way we want to go about doing that!" The Xatu yielded its attack, looking up with its eyes closed in defeat. This was the sign it gave when it knew Matt was right, but failed to admit to its own mistake.

Still, Matt was unsure how the other Pokémon was feeling after the encounter, and quickly ran up to the unknown Pokémon, crouching to get on a face-to-face level. "Are you, uh, feeling alright?" he asked the clay doll Pokémon with an obvious frantic quality in his voice.

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! Evander's Baltoy

"Wait, that Pokemon is a shiny?" Having never seen a Glimmora before, Awinita wasn't sure of their usual color palette. She's never been to Paldea before after all. Bonnie cheerfully returned Mariachi's greeting before initiating a game of tag with the Fire type.
"Oh brother. There she goes again." For some reason, Bonnie always liked to play tag with Pokemon she had just met, especially those around the same height as herself. Meanwhile, Leo decided to investigate Cody, curious about this human that Awinita seemed to already know. Arya on the other hand walked off towards a patch of grass and began to graze.
@Cmeriwether @|Bread|

Last edited:
Well it was a good thing that Dogu kept his distance, because the mysterious bird Pokémon seemed not to like their presence. The last time they had this kind of mental battle was with a Beldum that his trainer found in Snowslide Slope, and it was quite the struggle. While they had improved considerably since then, they felt that the other Pokémon was very strong in that field.

So they and the avian Pokemon both glared at each other, trying to maintain concentration and deep focus. However, Dogu’s focus started waning and his body started lightly shaking, for it seemed the other Pokemon was fully evolved, putting them at a disadvantage. This was evident when his opponent swatted the boy away while maintaining eye contact, an impressive feat. To any outsider they both looked like Dogu and the other Pokémon were having a staring contest, in reality it was quite the fierce psychic duel.

Thankfully before Dogu would have fainted due to mental exhaustion, the boy yelled at the other Pokemon to calm down, which made the avian relent. If they had a mouth, they would breathe a sigh of relief right now. As they glanced up the boy, who asked if they were okay in a worried tone, the Baltoy gave a light nod before spinning around once like a top. They had a realization earlier that their trainer needed to try socializing with his fellow students, and decided that this trainer could help in that regard.

So Dogu floated away, beckoning the pair to follow them, while trying their best not to look at the condor-like Pokemon, which appeared defeated. If this went well, their trainer could make a new friend, something that would help in a foreign place like this.

Matt breathed a sigh of relief as the strange Pokémon seemed to be more-or-less in tact after their encounter. The clay doll Pokémon slowly began floating away from them however, into the crowds, as if luring Matt somewhere else. He looked around at the large groups of people that it was weaving between, taking a deep breath in to prepare himself for walking close to them. Matt clicked his tongue at his Xatu, and the two carefully followed the Pokémon to wherever it was going. Matt was still wary of the people around him, anxiously bobbing around the various groups with his Xatu following shortly behind. He couldn't help but wonder what everyone was thinking about him right now... but he tried to keep himself distracted with other questions, like where on Earth he was being led to..?

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Meanwhile, Evander wasn’t doing much. He had found a grassy spot that was out of the way of all the students coming in, with a neat ornate metal bench to sit on. He was just flipping through his phone, checking if anything interesting had happened.

Been a while since Dogu left… Since I ain’t doing anything for the time being and I’m not in anyone’s way, I should probably let one of my Pokémon out, since they need some good old fresh air.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a Pokeball, which he fidgeted in his hand before releasing the Pokémon inside next to him.

“Sorry about the wait lad, just lookin for a golden opportunity.” He greeted Lilium, as he stretched his long neck out. The plant Pokémon looked like it had just awoke from a nap as he poked Evan in the face with a pink tendril. “Quit it, no need to get feisty.” He joked as he rubbed the Cradily’s head. “I’m just bored. Man I wish somebody was here to pass the time.”

Suddenly Lilium’s head darted upward, throwing Evan’s arm into the air. His gaze was turned onto Dogu, who thankfully seemed to know where to find him. What was odd was the boy with the muted clothes and his Xatu following along, which Lilium rumbled apprehensively upon seeing.

How convenient…

“Easy there, I’m sure they mean no trouble. Uhh, Dogu, who are those two?” Evan questioned the Baltoy, stroking the plant Pokémon on the head to calm it down. He might have to socialize today after all…

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Mr. Tin Foil Hat himself
Wowzers, would you just look at all the different people here, and don't even get started on all the types of Pokémon! 'What a wonderful sight to behold!', the former Team Galactic Grunt-turned-Trainer-turned-Researcher Wannabe would have thought to himself, if his mind hadn't already been so pre-occupied by his sheer, unending desire to find out absolutely all the information this place held. All these colorful souls and so many unknown variables, it was like paradise all over! And all Alan wanted to do was just get to know every little detail and secret there was to know about all of these people! They'd all inevitably interact with him anyway in some way, shape or form, so he'd at least have the right to know! Or so he'd often told himself in these situations..

Moving in with his full team flying and darting about around him, he'd intented to let all of them take in the experiences for themselves. Of course, he had to restrain the curiousity of some of his more eccentric and eager teammates, aka his Pokémon team, but that doesn't mean he was completely against letting them satisfy their intrigue, either! After all, he himself had quite the thirst for knowledge and information, like a never-ending book that always desired to be written with more and more content!

Having to carry the lazy Nox in one hand and wrangling Pixel in the other in order to prevent the polygonal porygon from causing mischief by just invading all of these poor, unknowing people's phones, Neil had let Lux fly above him while Pluto and Jupiter each flew about and around him, taking on the sights and making mental notes of all the new people here! Jupiter marking them all down, alongside their Pokémon, in his vast cranial library that was his memory, while Pluto.. well, Pluto just mischievously rubbed his black claws together while scoping out the potential victims of future pranks, alongside any competition and rivals he might attain along the way. Just regular Orbeetle stuff, nothing to see here!

Of course, if this psychic enthusiast didn't already stick out like a sore thumb with his extraterrestial-themed team of quite unusual and even one exotic-looking Pokemon, perhaps what stuck out more was that despite these years having come and gone, he still wore those familiar colours from that one team that just casually almost ruined the entire world, strutting his teal-coloured (I know the Picrew made it look green but shush) hair and monochromatic outfit around and owning it with stride! Of course, most people just gave it a quick glance for his odd fashion sense, but for the few Sinnohians that were among the crowd.. well, let's just say their reaction was quite the mixed bag, to say the least!

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Brianna Courts

Brianna stood with a still confused face, it was almost overwhelming with this many Pokemon and trainers surrounding each other. She spun around and took everything one more time before standing in place, she noticed a few people who seemed to glance at her and she shrugged. She didn’t exactly care about being the center of the attention, though she enjoyed it when it was a nice bit of attention. Near her she noticed an seeming odd looking Zoroark. Her eyes gleamed with excitement as she noticed what she thought was its trainer interact with someone else.

Though she was incredibly extroverted she could feel her face growing hot with a bit of embarrassment, she did not want to go up to them. So instead Bri continued to stand and admire from afar as the trainer and the woman talked. She seemed to almost appear to be leaning as she tried to listen to what the two were saying, she shook her head as a sudden noise startled her. She sighed of relief as she noticed it was just her pink Tinkaton, Tink, who decided it was its time to shine as it stood next to her.

@Cmeriwether (Augustus’ Zoroark) @~Aura~Slashz~ (Mae)

Cody Butler

Cody felt a grin growing on his face as he looked at the Pokemon eyeing him and nodded. He was glad that Awinita had got more partners and was joyful that it showed some interest in him. He looked directly at it before looking down at the other two Pokemon chasing each other and Arya going off to some grass.

He looked back to Kiana and Awinita and nodded once again, it was something he did often.

“The shinies are very cool indeed.” Cody agreed as he lifted his hands up to his white shirt collar and fixing it nervously.

He was anxious of being there even though he was trying not to show it. He decided to think back to his mother, who was one of those people who memorized so-called “inspirational” quotes and hung signs of them everywhere. He rolled his eyes and shook his head with a small laugh, or rather a huff of breath. He began to unbutton and button the top of his shirt and the cuffs of the sleeves before realizing that he would end up wearing them out, or worse, breaking them off.

With that thought Cody looked back to the Luxio. “Where did you find this?” He asked Awinita and pointed to the Luxio with a nervous white-toothed smile.

@Cmeriwether (Kiana) @Draco Nightshade (Awinita)

Matt nervously met the gaze of a red-haired trainer in a wooly jacket who appeared to be the Pokémon's trainer. He had another strange Pokémon he hadn't seen before, who was almost the same shade of green and same height as Xatu, but looked like something out of this world. His Xatu moved in front of him, trying to stand in between Matt and this stranger as if he was shielding him from something. Matt shooed the pesky bird away and cleared his throat, his face already red out of embarrassment.

"Well," he croaked. "My name's, uh, Mathias..."

Mathias? Well yes, it was his full legal name, but nobody ever called him that... Whatever, his time couldn't be wasted on social intricacies.

"And here's my Pokémon, um... it's a Xatu..." he looked over to the green bird, which seemed to be eying the Cradily with much suspicion. He waited for the stranger to say something, unsure of how to continue his already botched introduction. So much for 'first impressions'.

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

It was refreshing to have to meet a new face, and Evander has to admit that Dogu was clever for bringing him here. Still, it seemed that the other boy, whose name was Matthias apparently, was struggling to keep that bird Pokemon of his in check, which he was told was a Xatu. He heard that they lived north of the Crown Tundra, in the main parts of Galar.

“Uh, you all right pal? You look like a Cramorant that swallowed a Tamato Berry. I mean seriously, your face looks redder than my hair.” He joked around as he brushed his finger through his crimson hair, trying to lighten the mood. Matthias seemed to be anxiously unsure of his introduction, and Evan felt like he needed to assure him that he wouldn’t judge.

“Sorry about that lad, just breakin the ice. The name’s Evander, but you can just call me Ev. This dashing feller next to me is Lilium, and I’m pretty sure you’ve already met Dogu.” He responded politely, trying to coax a conversation out of Matthias. At the mention of their names, the Lilium glanced towards the Xatu, having seen its gaze falling upon him, while Dogu did a happy spin. “Anyways, where ya from? There’s so many people from a multitude of different regions, and I’m curious what corner of the globe you’re from.”

Mae Miller
@Cmeriwether (most direct),
@|Bread|, @Anakisuto, @Psymallard (in same scene/area)

Mae was a bit overwhelmed, and Frise seemed to be increasingly on alert as the situation escalated. They were both confused as they saw a random Magikarp flopping around, but then she realized it was just a tricky Zorua. Frise seemed a bit pissed at the Zorua's antics and actually considered sending a full on Moonblast, but decided to back off as she felt Mae's hand on her head. Mae pet the Ninetales' head, hoping to calm it down, and succeeding pretty well.

She then noticed the trainer of the Hisuian Zoroark who opposed the shiny Salazzle, who introduced themselves as Augustus. Apparently, he was particularly interested in Regional Variants, and her Alolan Ninetales was a prime example of one.

Mae froze for a second, hesitating on what to say. She practiced multiple times in her head what she was going to say, and Frise entered a protective stance, ensuring Augustus wasn't about to attack her. However, Frise sensed that Augustus had no ill intention, and backed off immediately. Frise even seemed to enjoy the fact that Augustus was interested in Pokemon like her.

"H-hey, I'm Maeve Miller. I-it's a pleasure to meet you...." she took a bit of a pause, "and don't worry about t-that, I guess Pokemon act like that a lot."

Maeve took a bow, which she always had to do at home when she was introduced to someone. She seemed a bit embarrassed that she hesitated and stuttered a lot, as shown by the small hint of red on her face.

I really just messed up my first introduction, didn't I...? Come on, Mae.... do better.
Augustus Legend

"Iluusio has been on edge after... Ow!"

Trickster looked at Augustus, then at the Pokéball that held Iluusio. He then saw the Ninetales looking a bit happy. This was interesting to him, along

"Sorry, as I was saying, Iluusio, My Zoroark, was on edge after some random Chimchar accidentally headbutt me, and the Salazzle almost set him off. I managed to keep him from actually fighting the Salazzle." Augustus responded, "How did you get your Alolan Ninetales? It might help me when I compare trainer's Pokémon with Wild Pokémon. Other than that, Do you have any other Pokémon?"

Augustus made sure that Iluusio was in his Pokéball. He noticed someone else out of the corner of his eye, as a Pokéball opened to reveal a Kantonian Sandshrew. The Sandshrew stayed to Augustus's left side as the little one looked around.

Brianna Courts

Brianna stood with a still confused face, it was almost overwhelming with this many Pokemon and trainers surrounding each other. She spun around and took everything one more time before standing in place, she noticed a few people who seemed to glance at her and she shrugged. She didn’t exactly care about being the center of the attention, though she enjoyed it when it was a nice bit of attention. Near her she noticed an seeming odd looking Zoroark. Her eyes gleamed with excitement as she noticed what she thought was its trainer interact with someone else.

Though she was incredibly extroverted she could feel her face growing hot with a bit of embarrassment, she did not want to go up to them. So instead Bri continued to stand and admire from afar as the trainer and the woman talked. She seemed to almost appear to be leaning as she tried to listen to what the two were saying, she shook her head as a sudden noise startled her. She sighed of relief as she noticed it was just her pink Tinkaton, Tink, who decided it was its time to shine as it stood next to her.

@Cmeriwether (Augustus’ Zoroark) @~Aura~Slashz~ (Mae)

Cody Butler

Cody felt a grin growing on his face as he looked at the Pokemon eyeing him and nodded. He was glad that Awinita had got more partners and was joyful that it showed some interest in him. He looked directly at it before looking down at the other two Pokemon chasing each other and Arya going off to some grass.

He looked back to Kiana and Awinita and nodded once again, it was something he did often.

“The shinies are very cool indeed.” Cody agreed as he lifted his hands up to his white shirt collar and fixing it nervously.

He was anxious of being there even though he was trying not to show it. He decided to think back to his mother, who was one of those people who memorized so-called “inspirational” quotes and hung signs of them everywhere. He rolled his eyes and shook his head with a small laugh, or rather a huff of breath. He began to unbutton and button the top of his shirt and the cuffs of the sleeves before realizing that he would end up wearing them out, or worse, breaking them off.

With that thought Cody looked back to the Luxio. “Where did you find this?” He asked Awinita and pointed to the Luxio with a nervous white-toothed smile.

@Cmeriwether (Kiana) @Draco Nightshade (Awinita)
"Wait, that Pokemon is a shiny?" Having never seen a Glimora before, Awinita wasn't sure of their usual color palette. She's never been to Paldea before after all. Bonnie cheerfully returned Mariachi's greeting before initiating a game of tag with the Fire type.
"Oh brother. There she goes again." For some reason, Bonnie always liked to play tag with Pokemon she had just met, especially those around the same height as herself. Meanwhile, Leo decided to investigate Cody, curious about this human that Awinita seemed to already know. Arya on the other hand walked off towards a patch of grass and began to graze.
@Cmeriwether @|Bread|
Kiana Smith

Kiana looked at Awinita, who had asked about the fact that Spikes was in fact a Shiny Pokémon, and pulled out a Pokédex, showing the entry for Glimmora, and the comparison between regular and Shiny Glimmora.

"Glimmora, The Ore Pokémon, When this Pokémon detects Danger, it will open up its crystal Petals and fire beams from its conical body."

There was also two pictures on the screen, one of a normal Individual for a Glimmora, which have blue petals, one of an individual like Spikes, which had teal Petals.

Mariachi then saw the Buneary greet him and started running, as Mariachi saw that, he followed, chasing the Buneary, joining in on the game of tag. Out of the corner of her eye, Kiana spotted a Large Luxio walking up to Cody. She decided not to bother the Luxio, as Spikes floated, looking around.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Max Failure
The man peered over his shoulder to look back at the two he had just walked away from, but they seemed to forget about him pretty quick. Darn. He felt like he'd been cool, but maybe he hadn't stuck around enough to let it sink in. Max turned his head to face forward... just as a large Beheeyem whizzed past him. Utterly shocked, the trainer instantly fell backwards. His head hit the hard ground, and an unintentional kick into the air saw his shoe come off that foot and fly though the air.

Max quickly forgot about the alien, and clutched his head in pain. He sat there and groaned for a moment, until he mustered up the will to make his way back to his feet. Still rubbing the back of his head, he searched the crowd, and it was not difficult to spot the large brown head floating through the crowd. Now, Max recognized the creature... but that was the problem.

As a child, he'd watched the old movie Beheeyem Attacks, a film produced by Pokéstar Studios that was based upon the legend that Beheeyem was an extraterrestrial. In that movie, scores of Cerebral Pokémon invaded Unova, and there were a decent amount of frightening scenes sprinkled throughout the film. At least, frightening to 10-year-old Max, who since told himself that Beheeyem weren't real, like the aliens from the more modern film Invaders, which was an unfortunate side effect of spending more time watching movies than interacting with Pokémon.

It appeared as though the alien was looping around to come at him again, and so he slid behind a teal-haired man for protection. He was wondering why no one else was freaked out by the giant alien, and didn't quite grasp the fact that he was the crazy one in this situation. The Beheeyem seemed to not be focused on him, and moved elsewhere into the crowd. Max breathed a sigh of relief, and in that extra time he was given, he thought back to how Unova had repelled the threat: by unleashing hordes of Bug types upon the invaders. While the trainer didn't have hordes of them, he did have one bug type, and he began feeling his bag for his Pokeballs while his eyes tried following Beheeyem through the crowd.

@DevVoid

Awinita Brooke

Seeing the two pictures side by side Awinita definitely saw the difference. "Okay, I got it." She then turned to answer Cody's question. "I caught him as a Shinx on Route 204."
Bonnie lead Mariachi to chase her around Arya while she was still grazing, the fire horse already used to the Normal type's antics by now. The two of them used to play together like that as well. At least, before she evolved. Now she is afraid of accidentally trampling her comrade in arms.
Leo, on the other hand, decided to see if Cody would give him some attention, stretching his paw forward and touching his leg. "Lux?"
@Cmeriwether @|Bread|

Riley Grant

"Well this is a colorful crowd. What do you think Alice?" As Riley Grant walked along, the female Houndoom beside him merely nodded her head in agreement. "Good thing I didn't bring Vera out." Letting that thought sink in they continued looking around, observing Pokemon that were both familiar and unknown. Alice occasionally sniffed the air, discerning different scents before detecting one belonging to one of her own kind. Somewhat excited, the Houndoom quickly made her way to where she smelled it, finding instead two trainers with a Xatu, a Baltoy and a Cradily. Not seeing the other Houndoom anywhere, Alice whined while Riley caught up to her.
"It's okay Girl, it's okay." While calming the Dark/Fire type, Riley looked at the duo in front of him. "Sorry about Alice. She likes to wander off and explore."
@Your-Friday-Filet @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

"Uh, well, I'm from..." he stared at Evander for a while, stuttering. He did appear to be an amicable person, but a combination of his own social ineptitude and being caught off guard with the situation caused him to falter severely. "Violet City... Johto?" Matt was unsure if he ever heard of the city, but before he could ask where Evander himself was from, he was interrupted by yet another trainer with a Houndoom of his own. He appreciated that everyone seemed very kind, but it was hard for him to handle one conversation with a stranger, let alone two. Matt quickly adjusted his slouched posture and tried to put on more of a bold expression as he turned to this new student. "That's alright," he swallowed, still somewhat apprehensive. "I have a Houndoom myself, this one probably just picked up a waft of him from me..." he nervously chuckled.

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Draco Nightshade

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Mae Miller
@Cmeriwether

He… didn’t seem to care that I messed that up…?

Mae seemed a bit confused, as she genuinely thought she made the worst first impression in the world. Her parents would have likely punished her for this, and probably would have scolded her multiple times for the amount of hesitation she did. Sighing internally, Mae prepared to make her response.

“S-she was given to me by my parents, as an egg. And, well, yes..... I have another Ninetales, a-a Kantonian Ninetales, and an Eevee,” Mae responded, feigning a small smile to hide her nervousness. Though, the aforementioned nervousness disappeared a bit more over their conversation, as Augustus didn't seem so critical of her stutters.

Frise seemed to revel in the attention Augustus gave her and leaned her heads towards him, signaling him to pet her. However, this drew the ire of Blaise, Mae’s Kantonian Ninetales, who decided to escape his Poke Ball. He immediately slapped Frise, which resulted in a small dogfight, which Mae sighed and had to break up herself.

"Stop that, you two. Now." Mae's nervous tone shifted quickly to a more strict and authoritative voice, which resulted into the two quarreling Ninetales to stop their fighting.

"I'm sorry about that... please forgive their behavior," Mae bowed once more, staring right out her two Pokemon. They whimpered, but ultimately stood still. Mae's face turned even more red in embarrassment.

“Aye, the more the merrier. I know a thing or two about wandering Pokémon, believe me.” He chuckled, winking at Dogu. The Psychic slowly spun out of embarrassment. Apparently Matthias also shared the same horned canine Pokémon with lad who had just showed up. He personally had no experience with dog Pokémon, since Yamper and Boltund where found north of the tundra.

Huh, two trainers both with the same dog. What a small world this is…

Before the other trainer showed up, Matthias mentioned he was from Violet City in Johto. This reminded him of something he found while browsing the internet at home. “Wait, Johto’s the place with the Ruins of Alph right? Have you ever been there? Apparently the Unown inside date back millennia.” He asked curiously, finding a topic of his expertise. Lilium wrapped himself around his trainers wait, in case the green bird or fiery hound tried anything.

@Your-Friday-Filet
@Draco Nightshade

Riley Grant

"Wait. You're from Violet City? I'm from New Bark Town!" Having calmed Alice, Riley stood up excitedly. "I'm Riley Grant. You've already met Alice. I actually have three other Pokemon with me, but their a touch more troublesome to handle."
Alice sighed before introducing herself to the other Pokemon, starting with the Baltoy. "In any event, sorry for interrupting you guys."
Riley reached back with his prosthetic arm to scratch the back of his head while giving a nervous laugh. @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Your-Friday-Filet