• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Solacrest Academy IC

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Quickly! King’s Shield NOW!” Jack yelled. Sentinelus, with quick reflexes, just barely, managed to do a last-second King’s Shield that blocked most of the attack, some flames still hitting the sword Pokemon. Aegislash could. certainly feel the heat on its body, and it sustained quite the heat, taking serious super-effective damage again alongside poison damage from earlier, which certainly lowered its HP to near the red. However, Aegislash stood firm, showcasing its resilience by moving back to its original spot and preparing itself for the next move.

“Quickly! King’s Shield NOW!” Jack yelled. Sentinelus, with quick reflexes, just barely, managed to do a last-second King’s Shield that blocked most of the attack, some flames still hitting the sword Pokemon. Aegislash could. certainly feel the heat on its body, and it sustained quite the heat, taking serious super-effective damage again alongside poison damage from earlier, which certainly lowered its HP to near the red. However, Aegislash stood firm, showcasing its resilience by moving back to its original spot and preparing itself for the next move.
Anna looked surprised for the first time during this battle. She had fully expected Arsenica's attack to cause Aegislash to faint. She nodded in respect to Jack at the skillful maneuver. "Nice one," she whispered to nobody in particular. "I expected you to attack rather than protect yourself."

Arsenica recoiled from the strength of its own attack, its capacity for non-physical attacks diminished. It dropped back to all fours and got farther away from Sentinelus, giving itself to dodge any attack that could potentially be thrown its way.

After thinking for a while, Anna looked up defiantly. "Flamethrower, one more time!" she commanded. Hopefully, the combined damage of the attack and the poison would cause Aegislash to faint, giving her the upper hand in the battle.

Adelina Garcia
The tall, antique structure loomed over the crowd as the waves of students poured in around her. The whole city of Duskscorn had felt just like her hometown, so to see such an out-of-place building be its centerpiece had almost given her mental whiplash. But I came here to avoid Paldea, she thought. So why do I feel like I've just come back to it?

All around her, the voices of people and Pokémon alike filled her ears. Along with them came the whispers that she alone could hear. Adelina clutched at the fabric of her skirt, crumpling it carelessly beneath her hands. Being vulnerable? Intimidated? Hah, how preposterous! “Right, Rin?” she asked her Meowstic, his dark body an uncomfortably long distance from hers. In response, the Meowstic only stared.

Adelina laughed, though the giggle was hesitant and halting. Well, certainly there’s no need to play a character in this new place. I can start fresh. “Let’s go, Rin.” She saw a quirk in her Meowstic’s stoic expression before he fell over, a loud keen forcing its way out of his mouth as he pawed at his ears.

"Ah-" Adelina quickly drew out a Poké Ball, a red glow enveloping Rin. The Meowstic's pained expression seemed to relax only as he disappeared. What kind of discord could cause him so much pain? The only other time he's reacted so viscerally was to that child.. She shuddered at the memory of that voice, crying out in vain as people passed him by without a thought to his existence. But no, this is one of the most prestigious schools in the world! If someone makes it in, they have to know that they deserve it... right?

Her ears were drawn to the sound of flames and steel clashing. She shifted her body, pulling herself through the crowds to watch the two dueling students.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Dodge that, then aim for a full-on Shadow Claw! Come on, let’s get a critical!” Jack exclaimed, not much caring for hoping that a critical hit would at least take down Arsenica.

Sentinelus managed to dodge the Flamethrower entirely, floating away just in time from the Flamethrower’s path in order to not take any serious damage. Then, quickly, Aegislash switched back into its Attack Forme, once again using a powerful Shadow Claw with the Swords Dance boost still intact, aimed right at Arsenica, hoping to potentially even faint the Salazzle.

“Get ready to protect yourself!” Jack exclaimed as he didn’t want another Overheat to land.

((Flamethrower is a 100% accurate move in the games, but then I remembered this isn't a video game and instead a text RP))

Anna gritted her teeth as the attack landed, severely weakening Arsenica. "Dammit," she whispered. "I've got to finish this." She was pretty sure that after Arsenica attacked, the combined damage of both the attack and the poison would cause Aegislash to faint. If she was incorrect, it might cause her to lose the battle.

(I always told you you wouldn't make it)

Her father's voice returned as she saw someone new walk over. "Looks like we've got spectators!" Anna said, gesturing to Adelina. The newcomer looked familiar, but she couldn't figure out why.

She shook her head, banishing the distraction from her mind. "Let's finish this with some style!" Anna cried, pumping her fist in the air. "Use Overheat one last time!"

Arsenica nodded and turned to blast the Aegislash with one more burst of flame.

Mentions: @~Aura~Slashz~ (In battle) @EvasiveEevee (Nearby)

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
(Sorry for any confusion, I wasn’t entirely sure if we were going full game mechanic mode at the moment.)

However, Aegislash was more than ready, as Jack had reminded him to keep his guard. Instead of moving back all the way back after its attack, it stayed at a close, yet far enough distance where it could react to an attack.

And the attack came.

“King’s Shield, now!!” Jack yelled, but Aegislash was already on it. Aegislash blocked the attack entirely, allowing it to survive for a little longer. It still had some time to survive, but two more rounds of poison would certainly faint him.

Aegislash backed off for now, ready for another attack.

(Sorry for any confusion, I wasn’t entirely sure if we were going full game mechanic mode at the moment.)

However, Aegislash was more than ready, as Jack had reminded him to keep his guard. Instead of moving back all the way back after its attack, it stayed at a close, yet far enough distance where it could react to an attack.

And the attack came.

“King’s Shield, now!!” Jack yelled, but Aegislash was already on it. Aegislash blocked the attack entirely, allowing it to survive for a little longer. It still had some time to survive, but two more rounds of poison would certainly faint him.

Aegislash backed off for now, ready for another attack.
Anna looked on at the battle, her expression growing more serious. For some reason, she looked much more driven during this battle, as if her future hinged on whether or not she could win this battle. She nonverbally signaled something to Arsenica, and it nodded in return.

To anyone watching the battle, it looked like Anna and her Salazzle were thinking of what to do next, but they had already decided.

"Flamethrower," Anna mumbled. It didn't appear that Arsenica heard her though, as it didn't do anything except for continuing to stare at the Aegislash in front of it.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Anna looked on at the battle, her expression growing more serious. For some reason, she looked much more driven during this battle, as if her future hinged on whether or not she could win this battle. She nonverbally signaled something to Arsenica, and it nodded in return.

To anyone watching the battle, it looked like Anna and her Salazzle were thinking of what to do next, but they had already decided.

"Flamethrower," Anna mumbled. It didn't appear that Arsenica heard her though, as it didn't do anything except for continuing to stare at the Aegislash in front of it.
“What the hell is she doing?” Jack asked. He did realize that Aegislash was certainly on its last legs, but he understood that he had to take down Arsenica. Now.

He didn’t have the same determination that Anna apparently felt - in fact, he was absolutely frustrated with Anna’s tactics, so he just wanted the damn battle to end.

“Just use another damn Shadow Claw. Finish that damn lizard off,” Jack sighed. Aegislash nodded, not really caring for the annoyance on his trainer, aiming for a direct Shadow Claw on Arsenica.

Last edited:
“What the hell is she doing?” Jack asked. He did realize that Aegislash was certainly on its last legs, but he understood that he had to take down Arsenica. Now.

He didn’t have the same determination that Anna apparently felt - in fact, he was absolutely frustrated with Anna’s tactics, so he just wanted the damn battle to end.

“Just use another damn Shadow Claw. Finish that damn lizard off,” Jack sighed. Aegislash nodded, not really caring for the annoyance on his trainer, aiming for a direct Shadow Claw on Arsenica.

Suddenly, Anna's look of concentration broke when she smirked slightly. "Gotcha," she said.

As Aegislash charged at Arsenica, the Salazzle let out one last Flamethrower aimed directly at the middle of the other Pokemon.

"Don't rush," Anna said to Jack, trying to inform him where he had gone wrong. "Sometimes, you have to wait for your opponent to make the first move, and strike when they provide an opening, like you just did."

She stepped back and sighed. The hardest part of the battle was over, at least to her. "You really could benefit from an actual strategy, rather than just attacking constantly."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Hey, you wanna know something?” Jack asked as he returned a fainted Sentinelus to his ball, refusing to give his opponent the satisfaction of seeing their opponent fainted.

“I didn’t ask for your damn advice,” his face seemed like he didn’t give a damn about anything Anna said.

“And I surely don’t take advice from people who somehow use the most b.s. strategies I’ve ever seen,” he added, adjusting his pockets and his cap.

“So, before I ask again, please shut up.”

Jack was considering leaving. This, was, well, a warmup battle to him, and apparently Anna was “taking this way too seriously”.

Last edited:
“Hey, you wanna know something?” Jack asked as he returned a fainted Sentinelus to his ball, refusing to give his opponent the satisfaction of seeing their opponent fainted.

“I didn’t ask for your damn advice,” his face seemed like he didn’t give a damn about anything Anna said.

“And I surely don’t take advice from people who somehow use the most b.s. strategies I’ve ever seen,” he added, adjusting his pockets and his cap.

“So, before I ask again, please shut up.”

Jack was considering leaving. This, was, well, a warmup battle to him, and apparently Anna was “taking this way too seriously”.
When Anna saw that the battle was coming to an end, her expression softened, becoming how it was before Jack had asked her to battle. "Hey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," she replied softly, stepping across the former battlefield over to Jack. "I was just trying to help you get better."

This style of teaching had belonged to her father, and that was the only method of learning that Anna knew, instructions in the midst of a fight, meant to be applied the moment they were taught.

"Your Pokemon look tired," Anna added. "I have some healing items with me, and I'd be happy to assist you in getting them healthy again."

She smiled and removed her bag from her back and began to rummage through it.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
What in the world does this girl want with me?

Jack still didn’t seem to care about anything Anna was saying. He put his Poke Balls back in his bag.

“You two really disappointed there,” he muttered under his breath, “don’t fall for those stupid strategies ever again, got it?!” His voice only grew with frustration and even got a bit louder. This was probably the first time he had ever scolded his Pokemon before.

Jack then took out his wallet, taking out a 20 Pokedollar bill.

“Congratulations on winning your championship. Here’s your bloody reward! Now, buzz off.” Jack sarcasm said as threw the bill mockingly at Anna as he put his wallet back.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
WELLLL, wasn't this quite the interesting development! To think that this individual who'd been so scared and paranoid now seemed to just switch their attitude on the spot and immediately seemed to calm down and grow more confidence was quite astounding! It kind of reminded Neil of himself when he entered his 'super-duper-mega-sciency-man' mode (patent pending), but then again, Alan ended up just turning into more of a statue than anything so really it wasn't all that similiar, now was it?

With one quick movement, Neil let go of Pixel and - before the vicious Porygon could try to assault Max's poor phone - Marshton took out its Pokeball and pushed the button on the very center, causing the small device to grow to full size and emit that familiar beam of red particles, entrapping the Virtual Pokémon back in its spherical cage - metaphorically speaking, of course. Neil didn't exactly enjoy trapping those he held dear but in Pixel's case, well.. the few kinks and faults it had still needed bugfixing, so to speak.

Responding to the salute with a nod of his own, Alan was about to open his mouth, holding up a finger, likely to proclaim another one of his mad ramblings or eccstatic speeches.. before, as if by some kind of remote signal, his mouth shut again, his eyes shrunk and his head suddenly hung low.. before his eager, emotion-driven voice grew quiet and oddly colder than an Avalugg on Mt. Silver.

"Ah, how well to be informed of. I suppose it is a bit disappointing to be unable to witness your team in action, Mr. Max, but I will just have to wait for another time. If that's all, I have a lot more things to go gather information on. I bid you a good day."

And in complete polar opposite to his previous attitude, all Alan had done was just adjust his glasses with his index and middle finger before heading off, carrying Nox in his left arm like this Lunastone was some kind of fossil he held near and dear to himself. And with just a glare at Pluto, the little Orbeetle immediately seemed to somehow get the message and landed on his right shoulder, completely silent from his previous little cackling laughter. With Jupiter and Sol trailing around- and above him respectively, this wannabe-researcher had wandered off and disappeared into the crowd, off to, as he so kindly (or rather coldly) put it: 'find more things to gather information on'.

@Psymallard

“Aye, I haven’t heard anything about it either. If I were to guess, I’d say twenty minutes from now. Seems like we’re in it for the long haul.” Evander responded to Riley and Matthias, sharing their curiosity. He wasn’t given a schedule either, so who knows when orientation could be?

In fact, who knows what teachers, students, or other norms there were? This academy is uncharted territory, who knows what could be possible? Too many questions, too little time.

Dogu was thankful that Alice was so understanding, as they floated off to tell their trainer of this minor predicament. As they rose slightly above the crimson fur that was their trainer’s hair, the Baltoy gave their trainer a pat on the head, catching their attention.

“Hey bud, what’s the deal?” The redhead asked his Pokémon, who relayed to him Matthias’ worries through telepathy. Evan looked away from the others, his face contorting into a worried expression. He was certainly getting along with these two, and he had tried his hardest to placate the muted boy’s doubts. But it seems like he’d have to do more than stand idle.

Nothing a little persuasion can’t fix. I hope so anyway…

“If we do have to go, we could walk there together, strength in numbers y’know.” Evan joked, trying to convince the trio to stick together in the most charismatic tone he had. Dogu nodded approvingly, glad to see their trainer was thinking on his feet, as per usual.

However, he didn’t seem to notice Riley’s robotic arm, and that prompted them to investigate. They floated over and lightly prodded the green limb, which caused it to reverberate with a clang.

@Your-Friday-Filet
@Draco Nightshade

Last edited:
Riley Grant

"Sounds good to me." Riley agreed with Evander's suggestion for the three of them to stick together before adding. "And I hope they have a lab with a machine to restore fossils."
"Hey, I need that!" Riley playfully teased the Baltoy that decided to tap his mechanical arm. Having been more focused on comforting Brass and talking to the others, he did not see Dogu come over until after the clang. "Careful there little guy, I only have one set of spare parts."
Having given up the idea of meeting Matthias's Houndoom, Alice walked back to her trainer and seeing him interact with Dogu and Brass. Deciding she wanted some attention as well, Alice came up behind Riley and maneuvered her head under his right arm. "Oh geez, you are one needy Dark type, aren't you girl?"
Alice playfully growled as Riley rubbed between her horns. Brass on the other hand, decided that she was out long enough and voluntarily tapped her pokeball, returning herself and giving Riley some more elbow room. "Heck of a first day, don't you think?"
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Your-Friday-Filet

“Yeah, fossils have always been my forte.” Evander responded in a glad tone, happy to know that someone else was interested in fossils like him.

Pokemon from long, long, ago, brought to the modern day through science… The last living remnants of a time forgotten… Who wouldn’t be interested in that?

Dogu happily spun once, going along with the teasing. They wanted to catch their trainer’s attention, so that their curiosity about Riley’s bionic nature could be sated. Luckily for the Psychic type, it worked.

“I’ve just noticed this, and I don’t mean to be rude, but whatever did happen to your left arm? It looks kinda metallic, and Dogu is definitely taking an interest.” Evan asked, having heard the clang that Dogu had done, most likely because they wanted him to take a look. The green arm seemed mechanical, definitely a prosthetic of some kind.

But how did it get that way? Now that’s the million Pokedollar question.

@Draco Nightshade

Last edited:
What in the world does this girl want with me?

Jack still didn’t seem to care about anything Anna was saying. He put his Poke Balls back in his bag.

“You two really disappointed there,” he muttered under his breath, “don’t fall for those stupid strategies ever again, got it?!” His voice only grew with frustration and even got a bit louder. This was probably the first time he had ever scolded his Pokemon before.

Jack then took out his wallet, taking out a 20 Pokedollar bill.

“Congratulations on winning your championship. Here’s your bloody reward! Now, buzz off.” Jack sarcasm said as threw the bill mockingly at Anna as he put his wallet back.
Anna looked at the bill in seeming disbelief. "I..." she said, nearly inaudible, starting to hug herself in nervousness. "I didn't want to make you feel bad, and I don't want your money."

She pulled Mic Check and Arsenica's pokeballs from her belt, and grabbed a few potions from her bag, along with a few other items, like Ethers, and released the Pokemon inside.

As she healed her Pokemon, she occasionally glanced at Jack. "Your Pokemon look hurt," she said, her voice becoming firm. "I can heal them for you, and it'll only take a moment."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Woman, I literally said buzz off.

“There’s this cool thing called a Pokemon Center. I’m pretty sure you know what that is, and wasting all of those potions and ethers instead of going there isn’t a great idea,” Jack said, his voice however seeming to have absolutely no concern for Anna whatsoever.

Why the hell am I this heated about a warmup battle?! I mean, come on, sure it was my first battle here, but it means nothing!

Jack readjusted his bag, and soon slowly started to walk off, away from the battlefield. If she wasn’t going to ‘buzz off’ like he asked, then he’d have to do it himself.

Woman, I literally said buzz off.

“There’s this cool thing called a Pokemon Center. I’m pretty sure you know what that is, and wasting all of those potions and ethers instead of going there isn’t a great idea,” Jack said, his voice however seeming to have absolutely no concern for Anna whatsoever.

Why the hell am I this heated about a warmup battle?! I mean, come on, sure it was my first battle here, but it means nothing!

Jack readjusted his bag, and soon slowly started to walk off, away from the battlefield. If she wasn’t going to ‘buzz off’ like he asked, then he’d have to do it himself.
Anna sighed, seeming to deflate a little. "You asked me to battle with you, and now you're angry because you lost," she replied, sounding mildly annoyed. "Stop acting like a child."

Arsenica reassumed her place beside Anna, eyeing Jack curiously. It seemed to have lost the aggressive attitude it had during their battle. It looked interested in him, but what specifically it was interested in about him was a mystery.

When she was finished healing Mic Check, Anna returned it to its pokeball, but she kept Arsenica out. She stood up and walked away, occasionally glancing over her shoulder at Jack.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Jack stared down Anna, giving her what he called an “intimidating look”, which was, in reality, just a look that showed how completely annoyed Jack was.

Jack walked away a lot faster than earlier, ignoring anything else Anna had to say. He was certainly pissed, and he didn’t want to admit it. He just hoped he’d never have to see or battle Anna ever again.

Alright, Jack, let’s calm the frick down here. Remember, Jack, that this was a bloody fricking warmup battle and you have no right to get pissed about this. You can beat this stupid Paldean later, just get over it man.

Jack was fighting off his anger, but was certainly having a hard time managing and controlling it.

She caught you off guard with those strategies, but next time you see her, you’ll bloody beat her! Just move on already.

Jack stared down Anna, giving her what he called an “intimidating look”, which was, in reality, just a look that showed how completely annoyed Jack was.

Jack walked away a lot faster than earlier, ignoring anything else Anna had to say. He was certainly pissed, and he didn’t want to admit it. He just hoped he’d never have to see or battle Anna ever again.

Alright, Jack, let’s calm the frick down here. Remember, Jack, that this was a bloody fricking warmup battle and you have no right to get pissed about this. You can beat this stupid Paldean later, just get over it man.

Jack was fighting off his anger, but was certainly having a hard time managing and controlling it.

She caught you off guard with those strategies, but next time you see her, you’ll bloody beat her! Just move on already.
Anna looked at Jack's expression with a look of mild interest. She didn't seem intimidated by Jack, and she even seemed... amused. "You know, if you ever need any tips, I can help you," she said earnestly. "You have a lot of potential, amigo."

She extended her hand to Jack. "My name's Annabelle, but my friends call me Anna," she continued, not caring if Jack was listening. "I came here to get better at battling, as well as learn about curry-making and a little bit of music."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“I’m not your bloody amigo, mate,” Jack growled as he took out some earbuds, promptly putting them on so he didn’t have to hear anything. He didn’t even put any music on - but he made sure to let Anna know that he didn’t care about anything she had to say. He did take note at Anna’s name, however.

Jack completely walked away from the former battlefield, looking for the nearest Pokemon Center to heal his Pokemon at. After all, he wasn’t keen on taking anything from his so-called “enemy”.

“I’m not your bloody amigo, mate,” Jack growled as he took out some earbuds, promptly putting them on so he didn’t have to hear anything. He didn’t even put any music on - but he made sure to let Anna know that he didn’t care about anything she had to say. He did take note at Anna’s name, however.

Jack completely walked away from the former battlefield, looking for the nearest Pokemon Center to heal his Pokemon at. After all, he wasn’t keen on taking anything from his so-called “enemy”.
Anna's smile faltered as Jack walked away. "Why are you so mad at me?" she asked, knowing Jack probably couldn't hear her. "I'm just trying to help." She let her arm fall back to her side, as he hadn't taken it. She didn't understand why Jack was so mad at her.

Anna knew he was competitive, but hating somebody over a friendly battle, one that he had asked her to participate in? It just didn't make any sense. She turned away, looking at the other trainers.

Adelina Garcia
The tall, antique structure loomed over the crowd as the waves of students poured in around her. The whole city of Duskscorn had felt just like her hometown, so to see such an out-of-place building be its centerpiece had almost given her mental whiplash. But I came here to avoid Paldea, she thought. So why do I feel like I've just come back to it?

All around her, the voices of people and Pokémon alike filled her ears. Along with them came the whispers that she alone could hear. Adelina clutched at the fabric of her skirt, crumpling it carelessly beneath her hands. Being vulnerable? Intimidated? Hah, how preposterous! “Right, Rin?” she asked her Meowstic, his dark body an uncomfortably long distance from hers. In response, the Meowstic only stared.

Adelina laughed, though the giggle was hesitant and halting. Well, certainly there’s no need to play a character in this new place. I can start fresh. “Let’s go, Rin.” She saw a quirk in her Meowstic’s stoic expression before he fell over, a loud keen forcing its way out of his mouth as he pawed at his ears.

"Ah-" Adelina quickly drew out a Poké Ball, a red glow enveloping Rin. The Meowstic's pained expression seemed to relax only as he disappeared. What kind of discord could cause him so much pain? The only other time he's reacted so viscerally was to that child.. She shuddered at the memory of that voice, crying out in vain as people passed him by without a thought to his existence. But no, this is one of the most prestigious schools in the world! If someone makes it in, they have to know that they deserve it... right?

Her ears were drawn to the sound of flames and steel clashing. She shifted her body, pulling herself through the crowds to watch the two dueling students.
Then, she realized that someone had been spectating their battle. She looked over to the young woman with the Meowstic and waved. "Hey there! Did you like what you saw?" Anna asked cheerfully, still sort of focused on Jack.

Riley Grant

Riley gripped his left arm, remembering how it happened. "Cave in. I was in a cave somewhere in the Kalos region. A fairly well known dig site actually."
As he spoke, Riley undid the clamps holding the prosthetic onto what remained of his left arm. "I'm honestly not sure what caused it, but the rocks crushed my arm from just above the elbow to the rest of my forearm and hand. I'm pretty sure Tucker was the one that went and got help while Vera stood guard. I could be wrong, but by the time I had woken up again, I was in the hospital one limb short of a full set."
Removing the prosthetic, Riley sighed with some relief as the prosthetic not only had weight to it, but poor air circulation as well. Every now and then, it had to come off to allow what was left to breathe as well as cleaning. The mechanical arm went limp the second it was removed. Setting it down on his lap, Riley then removed the sock that provided a layer between the arm and his skin before pulling out a towel and lightly drying off the stump before doing the same with the cup of his arm. "Sorry, it was about time to change the sock."
That said, Riley placed a new sock containing talcum powder back over the stump before guiding it back into the arm and clamping it back in place. He then put the old sock into bag before swapping it with an item wrapped in cloth. "Luckily I managed to save what I was looking for in there."
Riley unwrapped the cloth to reveal the Big Jaw Fossil that he had found that day. "Haven't had a chance to revive it since then."
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Your-Friday-Filet

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Jack Wilson

It’s a goddamn warmup match! An exhibition match! Get over your goddamn feelings and get ready for the next battle! Come on, man.

Jack angrily threw his bag before promptly picking it up, sighing. He was still very much frustrated, but being away from the battlefield seemed to calm him a bit, but only just a bit. He looked at Anna one more time, and decided to fully leave this time, deciding instead to walk around the campus for the time being to clear his mind.

He also looked around for a Pokémon Center, but didn’t know where one was. He finally decided to give in and used his own medicine, using Revives and Hyper Potions, and putting them inside his Poke Balls to fully heal his Pokemon.

Exhibition match. Exhibition match. Exhibition match.

It was just an exhibition match. Don’t worry, you can win a real match when it matters! I mean, that’s light, come on.

As Jack walked, he certainly seemed to calm down. Heck, he even seemed like he was nearing his normal state the more he walked.

Jack, man, don’t worry. Your dad was literally known for losing exhibition matches. I mean, he literally forgot to try in those matches. You didn’t even fully try either, you could’ve sent Richter to deal with that damn Salazzle.

Jack smirked. He didn’t try. Again, he was just coming off an 8 hour delayed flight.

He’d certainly try next time.

Last edited:
Quentin Windstrom

Interactions: Augustus @Cmeriwether

Current Team: Excalibur the Doublade, Queenie the Seadra, Steelhead the Lairon, Psyche the Abra

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quentin looked at the Zoroark with a sense of familiarity, then up at Illuuso's Trainer with the same look. Augustus addressed him by his full name, which wasn't something he paid much attention to.

"That's.. me." He replied absently, the memories of Sootopolis flooding back. "You're name's August or something- no, Augustus, that's right.." This boy was somewhat of an old friend, his family had been one of the first to join the search for his father when he had been swallowed up by the sea, never to resurface.

"So, what brings you here, huh?" Quentin asked, deciding to stick with formalities.
As Augustus got a response from Quentin, Iluusio kept on lookout, making sure no one tried to interrupt his trainer, unlike the random Creature that flew into his trainer earlier.

"Yes, it's been a while, for sure," The young man responded, "What brings me here? Well, I'm going into research on Regional Variants, with the Help of Iluusio and my other Pokémon. I'm hoping to acquire either a pair of Vulpixes or another pair of Slowpokes to help me with my research."

Augustus had Iluusio's Pokéball in his hand in case of another stand off with a dangerous Pokémon. Otherwise, he had another question.

"What Pokémon are in your possession? Just to get an idea of what's been happening since I left for Alola."

Kiana Smith
Interactions: @Draco Nightshade (Awinita)

Mariachi the Fuecoco had been following the Buneary as fast as his two little legs would let him, Kiana was surprised, and a bit worried that the Rapidash would possibly trample him, but it seemed that the Rapidash did not mind. Spikes watched the whole interaction go down.

10 minutes later

Spikes had been keeping an eye on Mariachi as he came back and suddenly fell asleep in front of Kiana. She then returned her Fuecoco, making sure Spikes stayed with her.

"So, Awinita, what brings you to Solacrest Academy? I'm Here to sharpen my battling skills and understand one of my Pokémon better."

Spikes looked at Kiana as She pulled out a particular Pokéball. This one held Cleanse, her Scyther, left to her by her Deceased father. As such, Spikes was surprised as the Pokéball opened to reveal a Scyther. The Scyther was confused at the sight of Awinita and stayed close to Kiana.

"This is Cleanse, a Pokémon of mine, she was my father's before she joined me. Due to my father's place of birth and his time rescuing Pokémon like Cleanse, she has a move that she wouldn't normally be able to learn. I'm trying to figure out exactly how she got this move."

The Bug and Flying type watched intently, albeit, a bit shyly. Spikes kept close to Cleanse in case of her running off.

Awinita Brooke

"To be honest, things were getting kinda stale in Sinnoh and I figured the four of us could use a change of scenery. I'm actually looking into general Pokemon care. Food prep, grooming, medication, etc." Awinita picked up Bonnie, the Buneary a little tuckered out from her game of tag with the now sleeping Feucoco. "I also figured I'd brush up on my knowledge of wild plants and remedies."
Leo walked over to the shy Scyther, stopping short of a few feet away from the Bug type. Having eaten her fill, Arya joined the group shortly after. She was mildly surprised that the usually hyperactive Buneary was worn out for a change. That was a rare occurrence in itself. Spying Cleanse, Arya gently pulled Leo a bit further away to give her more space. The Luxio protested of course, but he relented to the bigger and stronger Rapidash.
"An unusual move huh?" Awinita returned Bonnie to her pokeball before continuing. "What move is it?"
@Cmeriwether (Kiana)

Last edited:
Matt looked sheepishly to the ground as the two went about the two trainers' conversation about fossils. He felt out of his wits, coping with this by zoning out and tending to his disaffected Xatu, who had begun to snap out of its daze. The Mystic Pokémon now harbored no resentment for its peers, but for its trainer, giving him a fierce glare as he tried to pet it. He backed off, scoffing to himself and reaching into his bag. Matt pulled out a map of the Brale Region to familiarize himself with the location, now in a world entirely of his own. He squinted as he began to scan the map for any noteworthy locations. "A town where spirits are said to walk alongside people and Pokémon?" he muttered to no one in particular, perhaps a bit too loudly. It reminded him of Ecruteak City back at home, or even Lavender Town in Kanto, and his mind began trailing deep into thought about the similarities between the three towns... @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Draco Nightshade

Then, she realized that someone had been spectating their battle. She looked over to the young woman with the Meowstic and waved. "Hey there! Did you like what you saw?" Anna asked cheerfully, still sort of focused on Jack.
Adelina nodded enthusiastically at the vaguely familiar girl (Annabelle, she reminded herself), putting on a smile that she thought felt almost too wide for her face. “So, how’s the loser doing? Who put a Beedrill in his bonnet?” she asked. Internally, she winced. Was that too insensitive?

Adelina couldn’t help but feel a spark of pity for the boy who had left. He’s competitive, and he lost his first match here, she thought. Still, it’s not like he was bad at battling; why was his ego so bruised?

Her Whimsicott floated in behind her, drifting lazily down from the sky. “Ah, Windbloom!” Adelina called, turning away from Annabelle to face her own Pokémon. “How’re you feeling about this new place?” Upon seeing Windbloom’s cheerful cartwheels, she smiled, ruffling at the Whimsicott’s cottony fluff.

As Evander and Dogu listened intently to Riley’s story, both felt sympathy for his situation. Excavation was tough and risky business, something he learned through websites on paleontology. He was happy that somebody had managed to help him out, even if he didn’t know who Tucker or Vera were. Still, he recoiled slightly at Riley casually removing his prosthetic arm from its socket.

I mean it’s kinda freaky, wouldn’t the stump be unsanitary? I might be being rude though…

However, what caught Evander’s eye the most was the fossil that Riley showed him. That was the fossil that becomes Tyrunt upon revival, and that reminded him of a certain someone…

[Few Years Ago, Crown Tundra]

“He’s quite the feisty one, right Ev?” The boisterous pink and blonde girl joked as she sat on the steps of the massive metallic temple, its supports resembling steel beams. The crimson-haired lad in question was leaning against one of them, as her Tyrunt prodded its large head against his leg. Both were dressed in casual winter clothing, not the eye-catching orange expedition uniforms. Perfect for the light snowing in the area.

“Aye, especially considering his bite’s much bigger than his bark.” Evan mumbled, still grumpy over the theropod munching on his leg several times during training. It was a habit, which Evan found out after he had to save Ronin from getting crunched. The poor Kabuto needed a rest to calm his nerves, and that wasn't a laughing matter to him.

“Don’t be such a downer. A Tyrunt’s bite is one of the most important parts about it. Besides, he’s just showing you that he cares.” Peonia assured him, winking to emphasize the point. He couldn’t find a reason to stay mad at her. He was too busy brainstorming how he could control Tyrunt’s bite to be used effectively and tactically.

“Hey Peonia, you got something hard?” As a cold breeze set in, Evan responded while patting the theropod on the head. He had a plan.

[Present Day, Solacrest Academy]

“That becomes Tyrunt, right? If you do revive that, you might want to use a metal rod or something similar when training it. Trust me, you do not want to get bitten by a Tyrunt.” Evander said as he felt a familiar wind breeze through his hair. While he didn’t have the scars anymore, he could still remember the pain of being bitten by Peonia’s Tyrunt. He hoped that this advice could help Riley if he ever were to revive it.

Dogu was still as intrigued as ever, buzzing around Riley like one of those Rotom drones. They tried to get Lilium to come over, but the Cradily was too busy basking in the sun. He was just content with all the birds leaving him alone, and he didn’t want to be bothered. However, Dogu overheard something about spirits, and it was coming from Matthias. So they promptly floated within earshot of him, keeping their distance from then Xatu.

@Your-Friday-Filet
@Draco Nightshade

Last edited:
Kiana Smith
Awinita Brooke

"To be honest, things were getting stale in Sinnoh and I figured the four of us could use a change of scenery. I'm actually looking into general Pokemon care. Food prep, grooming, medication, etc." Awinita picked up Bonnie, the Buneary a little tuckered out from her game of tag with the now sleeping Feucoco. "I also figured I'd brush up on my knowledge of wild plants and remedies."
Leo walked over to the shy Scyther, stopping short of a few feet away from the Bug type. Having eaten her fill, Arya joined the group shortly after. She was mildly surprised that the usually hyperactive Buneary was worn out for a change. That was a rare occurrence in itself. Spying Cleanse, Arya gently pulled Leo a bit further away to give her more space. The Luxio protested of course, but he relented to the bigger and stronger Rapidash.
"An unusual move huh?" Awinita returned Bonnie to her pokeball be for continuing. "What move is it?"
@Cmeriwether (Kiana)

"Well, Cleanse here knows Morning Sun." Kiana explained, "I received her in a will from my father, who died a few years ago. The only thing I got about her and this move was that he lived in Phenac City when he died. I'm trying to figure out the finer details about how Cleanse got this move."

Cleanse looked back at Leo the Luxio, with Spikes sticking around so the Scyther didn't try to hide behind Kiana. However, a Rapidash pulled the Luxio to get him to back off. Kiana made sure that Mariachi was tucked away in his Pokéball as a different Pokéball shook. Kiana looked down at her Pokéballs and found the ball that shook was none other than Fist's Pokéball. She then put her hand on Fist's Pokéball, calming the Pokémon inside.

Awinita Brooke

"I'm sorry about your dad." Awinita glanced down for a minute before picking back up. "But, Morning Sun huh? The only Bug type I know of that can learn that move is Volcarona."
Once she was satisfied with the distance between Leo and Cleanse, Arya let go of the Luxio and essentially told him to cool his jets and be cautious.
@Cmeriwether (Kiana)

Riley Grant

"Noted. Though I do believe Vera will be able to keep it in check. She's practically the team mom." Riley joked, feeling Vera's pokeball shake, a momentary look of panic on his face as he looked at the pokeball in question. "Not now girl. There isn't enough space here."
Hearing this, the pokeball stopped shaking, the Meganium within a little bit annoyed at being unable to come out. That was one of the problems she had with her size, fewer places to walk without collateral. Riley sighed. "I wish I could let her out, but like I said before, she rivals some big fossil Pokemon in size. I have to wonder if she didn't get into some experimental plant food without my knowledge some time in the past."
Riley continued petting Alice, the canine now lying down next to him, as he looked at Matthias. "You okay there Matt?"
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Evander)
@Your-Friday-Filet (Matthias)

Dafydd Morgan
This place was massive. The amount of people here was honestly kind of underwhelming. Dafydd thought there would be so many more people there. He hoped nobody mistook Luke for a shiny Riolu just by looking at his left arm. Besides, anything could happen. But that was besides the point. There were battles going on already. And there were so many different people he could potentially meet. He and Luke just decided to relax under a tree. Besides, what better to do than relax?

Adelaide

Adelaide spaced out a bit, watching the world go by with clouded eyes. She kept a single hand on Chomper's leash, keeping the yellow and red Pokemon contained. The people walking past were so interesting.

Plenty of Pokemon as well. Some she recognized as Galarian, but other species were completely alien to her. The only region Adelaide had ever visited besides Galar was Kalos, so she had not seen many other species besides the ones from those two very frequently.

And the people themselves were quite interesting. talking and battling and walking inside. The amount of people milling about was startling. She took particular interest in a young man that walked past, apparently in quite the tizzy.

He seemed to be looking for something. And boy, was he ever irritated. His stomping and general facial expression betrayed the fact that something was clearly bothering him. Perhaps he had gotten off to the wrong start. But his anger was evident enough that people parted when he stomped past them. This aroused curiosity. His expression vaguely reminded her of the belly-face that adorned a Mr Rime's stomach. Ah, homesickness, here to claim her again!

Chompers wondered what their trainer was staring at. all he could see were knees and fingers all around. What was more interesting than that?

Chompers jumped a bit to see past everything below. It turned out that Adelaide had been staring at a male human. Oh boy. Wasn't breeding season in the summer? That just ended! Or at least Chompers thought it did. Although from the look on Adelaide's face, Chompers changed their guess. Her expression was more sad than...whatever emotion humans called the cuddling emotion. Love, was it? Chompers heard a human use that word once, maybe that's what it was. All moot, however, as Adelaide was sad and not 'love'.

Nevermind, though. Didn't matter- Chompers had just noticed how tasty looking the man's fingers were. Now THAT made Chompers growly-stomach feeling. All the fingers around him were small fries compared to THOSE ones- chompers felt that maybe even the entire hand was edible!

And as Adelaide was distracted by homesickness, chompers casually slipped away unnoticed, and quietly stomped away, stalking their prey. A stepped-on foot here, a crushed toe there, but all in all virtually silent in the bustle of the crowd. If only he wasn't so colorful.

Adelaide sighed. "Really makes a lass homesick, doesn't it, Chompers?"

"...Chompers?"

...oops.

@~Aura~Slashz~ (mentioned.)

Matt glanced up, startled by Riley's question, as if pulled abruptly from his reverie. He managed a faint smile, though it felt strained on his lips. "Yeah, just lost in thought for a moment," he replied with a characteristically hesitant chuckle. He folded the map back into his bag, his mind still lingering on the mention of the town where spirits walked alongside people and Pokémon. It sounded intriguing, almost mystical, and he couldn't shake the feeling of curiosity that tugged at him. But now wasn't the time for wandering thoughts. He needed to focus on the task at hand – trying to figure out what the hell they were actually going to be doing for their first day at this quaint school. With a nod to Riley, Matt attempted to shake off his daze and refocus on the conversation at hand, though his mind continued to drift back to the thoughts of the intently vast and interesting region that surrounded them. "So, uh, guys," he looked down to the ground as he addressed the group. "Do you want to maybe walk around the premises to get familiar with the academy? That is, if you can manage to wrangle your 'Mon back together," he slightly gestured to the Pokémon in question. His own Xatu thankfully still seemed pacified, but a bit miffed after their previous interaction. @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Draco Nightshade

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Jack Douglas Wilson
@Inkage

Though Jack was certainly more calm than he was earlier, still claiming he hadn't 'tried', he still looked mad. Even though he continually claimed that the battle was an exhibition match, he could never find himself getting over it whatsoever. He occasionally growled about how frustrated he was, but in the end he found himself looping back to the whole "exhibition" match argument before once again becoming frustrated. The cycle continued to repeat, and it would certainly bug him for a while.

Bloody hell, Jack! Stop thinking about that rigged loss! She tried some stupid, completely untraditional strategy that somehow worked! Just move on man, come on! She tried way too hard for a bloody exhibition match!

Jack sighed and threw his bag on the ground once again in frustration. Once he picked it up, however, he saw some unfamiliar yet colorful Pokemon who was looking right at him.

"What the 'ell is that Pokemon?"

Jack looked at the Pokemon, backing up a little. However, he didn't seem frightened. In fact, he was thinking that this was about to be his first catch! His looping thoughts halted for the moment.

Oh shit, this is perfect! A brand new Bralean Pokemon! And it wants to be mine, it seems!

Jack backed off a bit, using his bag as a shield incase the Pokemon wanted to attack. He quickly scavenged through his front pocket, getting his Poke Balls set. Quickly, he found one of the Quick Balls his father had bought for him - and instinctively, he promptly threw the ball straight at the unfamiliar Pokemon.

Last edited:
Adelina nodded enthusiastically at the vaguely familiar girl (Annabelle, she reminded herself), putting on a smile that she thought felt almost too wide for her face. “So, how’s the loser doing? Who put a Beedrill in his bonnet?” she asked. Internally, she winced. Was that too insensitive?

Adelina couldn’t help but feel a spark of pity for the boy who had left. He’s competitive, and he lost his first match here, she thought. Still, it’s not like he was bad at battling; why was his ego so bruised?

Her Whimsicott floated in behind her, drifting lazily down from the sky. “Ah, Windbloom!” Adelina called, turning away from Annabelle to face her own Pokémon. “How’re you feeling about this new place?” Upon seeing Windbloom’s cheerful cartwheels, she smiled, ruffling at the Whimsicott’s cottony fluff.
Anna admired Adelina's Whimsicott. It was well cared for, and it appeared to have a bond with its trainer, just like Arsenica and Anna did. She smiled shyly and shrugged.

"I tried to teach him how to get better at battling, but he brushed me off," she replied quietly, examining her blue and white trainers. Anna's attitude was completely different from what she portrayed during her and Jack's battle.

Arsenica seemed less protective of Anna now, but it still stuck close by just in case.

Thus, Chompers learned once again that biting people leads to pain.

Chompers prepared to lunge for the juvenile's hand, only to find that his subject had discovered him.

Lunging from the crowd, he lashed his tail enough to clear a spot. Chompers began his approach, only to be pelted with a shiny, bright ball.

As Chompers had never been a wild Pokemon before, he had never felt the sensation of being captured in a pokeball for the first time. Or had one thrown at him.

The ball sailed through the air and landed right between his eyes, bouncing off his yellow skin and landing on the ground.

And Chompers was mad. Extremely mad. He sniffed the ball on the ground, and then roared at it, turning his face towards the trainer that threw it. His red tail thumped the ground hard enough to get the pokeball rolling, and then Chompers stepped on it, crushing the piece of useless machinery under his foot. He began advancing upon the trainer who threw it, all thoughts on eating him stifled as Chompers focused himself to attack. Just as he began charging electrical energy in his jaw, rushing towards his target, a beam came from behind it and encapsulated him in his proper ball.

Adelaide sighed. "I knew it was a bad idea to keep him out...even if he reminds me of home." Sighing again, she fitted the pokeball into it's holster, and looked up.

"Oh, hello. Pardon my Pokemon, Dracozolt. He seems to have gotten as curious as I am. I saw you pulling faces from over there, and wondered what in the world could make someone so mad. You seem like you need some tea and a sit down, yeah?" Her distinct accent and the fact that she was pulling out a bottle full of the brim with chamomile tea made it apparent where she was from: Galar. "You're interested in Pokemon, yes? Perhaps I could tell you about Dracozolt, since it's likely the only time you'll meet one, in exchange for...you satisfying my curiosity? Or, if you're in a rush...I cooooould aallwaays tell youuuuu about them later, perhaps above a cup of teaaa~? I would enjoy the company." she smiled lazily, eager to satisfy her curiosity about the rather angry lad and maybe being unintentionally flirtatious, if only to encourage him to answer.

@~Aura~Slashz~

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Jack Wilson
@Inkage

Jack's eyes widened as the Quick Ball just... didn't work?? He had to regain himself, however, as the Dracozolt began to approach him. Jack wasn't fully frightened, but he did back off whilst he reached for Tempo's Poke Ball, ensuring the aggressive Pokemon wouldn't get the jump on him immediately

Shit! How the hell did he just do that?!

"Oi, back off! You clearly don't know who you're bloody dealing with-" Jack yelled, confident he could defeat the Pokemon in battle, until he was cut off by the looks of what was a Poke Ball containing the aggressive Pokemon.

"What the- Oh." Jack seemed disappointed that this Pokemon wasn't wild, so he couldn't catch it.

"Ah, pardon me, I thought he was wild." Jack stared at the woman, still seeming rather annoyed that this strong-looking Pokemon wasn't available for capture.

Damnit! That thing looked strong! I wanted 'im! He'd certainly win an exhibition mat- SHUT UP JACK! WE'RE NOT GOING BACK TO THIS!

Jack realized something, however. The girl was clearly holding a bottle of tea, and by her accent he could immediately notice she was Galarian. He was relieved that there was at least someone from Galar. In fact, Jack was all for the tea. He hadn't had proper tea ever since he was in Galar, and the bloody airport tea certainly sucked. He certainly didn't really pay attention to everything Adelaide had to say, but he did make note of "tea" and "Dracozolt".

"Tea, you said? I'm game. You asked the right guy," Jack smirked. He wasn't really annoyed with Adeliade's tone whatsoever, just knowing a Galarian was here brought him some form of relief.

"Glad to see someone who isn't a bloody Paldean or Yank here. I thought I was going to be the only Galarian," Jack kept up his smile, a huge contrast from his angry mood from earlier.

Last edited:
Anna admired Adelina's Whimsicott. It was well cared for, and it appeared to have a bond with its trainer, just like Arsenica and Anna did. She smiled shyly and shrugged.

"I tried to teach him how to get better at battling, but he brushed me off," she replied quietly, examining her blue and white trainers. Anna's attitude was completely different from what she portrayed during her and Jack's battle.

Arsenica seemed less protective of Anna now, but it still stuck close by just in case.
Windbloom floated in a full circle, all the while staring curiously at Annabelle’s Salazzle. Balls of cotton drifted down to land at the lizard-like Pokémon’s feet.

“He seems like a proud guy,” Adelina remarked, her hand unconsciously tracing over the comforting ridges of Clara’s Great Ball. I know a Pokémon just like him. “He’s probably not so good with constructive criticism from people he hasn’t grown to respect.”

“Ah, but where are my manners? I’ve forgotten to introduce myself.” Adelina curtsied lightly, hating how unnatural the formal words sounded coming out of her mouth now. “I’m Adelina Garcia.”