• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
Whoops, missed the notification. What do you mean by real Pokémon battle, and those lectures?

New members might eventually run out 'cause one day Pokémon won't be a thing anymore. They can't keep making new mons forever, unless they set the new games in prehistoric times with species that went extinct so they don't take up the modern Pokédex, or in the future or an AU where they only exist in that time.
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
If Pokémon ends, Charms might have to rebrand itself as a general RP site to keep the buzz going which is unthinkable... :(

RP Nation sucks anyway :p
Zixal
Zixal
I mean I'm totally down with reviving New Beginnings, by the way.

Also, the chance of Pokecharms surviving up to the point of Pokemon as a franchise dying is rather low. I wouldn't worry about it. If it comes down to it, we could always just move on to another site, or even Discord, which I mostly use now anyway.
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
Discord is all a bunch of subcommunities where nothing matters, the open forum makes what I write here feel more permanent and meaningful...

Plus I heard that Discord RP is short, rapid-fire posts where you're actually being the character, which I don't enjoy as someone who wants to exercise the writing muscle.

Dissing the 'cord.
Zixal
Zixal
Hey, honestly, Discord roleplays can be any of the above. It depends on the community you're in. I wouldn't be dissing the cord before you try it out. And by the way, the subcommunities often care a lot about what goes on in them. "Nothing matters" is a seriously far cry from the (many) roleplays I've been a part of on it.
Zixal
Zixal
And while I'm on the topic of it, you mentioned Pokecharms allows you to write out things that feel more permanent and meaningful. I've been a part of several Discord roleplays that function under that same concept of making everything feel meaningful and have effort put into every emote. They've lasted over 2 years, some still going. I wouldn't be so doubtful until I've at least tried it, if I were you.
Red Gallade
Red Gallade
@E.K.A.N.S. Got tired so I didn't answer so soon.

I mean Pokemon battles as in battling another RPer, of course there's been a few times where I battled, but there was one that was left unfinished.

And I mean lectures as in "It's not about winning, it's about having fun"
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
Meaningful and permanent has little to do with effort put into posts (I couldn’t care less, I’ll RP with one-liners and eye-killers all the same). It means it’s on an open forum for everyone to see and read instead of just the people on that RP server. I’m not burning energy writing posts that no one will see.
Zixal
Zixal
It all comes down to preference, I suppose.

In any event, I would still be down to reboot New Beginnings at some point, somehow. Send me a message sometime if you feel up to it.
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
Not a reboot, we’re just continuing from where we left off with a couple months timeskip and new people being sent to explore the island, Collax and the original cast still there and Madison still needing saving.

By the way, I know Collax stays away from romance, but if he and Madison were to get married, her new initials would be ME, which fits her selfish personality. ;)
Reactions: Zixal
Zixal
Zixal
I just now thought about that and it's hilarious.

If we'd be skipping a couple of months, a lot would have happened off-screen. There'd be a lot of straightening-out that needs to be done.
Red Gallade
Red Gallade
I've been away from that RP far too long and can now barely think of a way to get Sterling back in and into the good graces of the few people he encountered... or get into some good bonds with any of the others...
StormingCobra
StormingCobra
I am so down for this. Been waiting for something... anything...
Zixal
Zixal
Hey, you'd never know until we try it, and I think it's absolutely something worth trying.
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
In the distant future, like I said. I'm so busy with college that I'm only able to focus on one RP consistently, which is Demon Slayer. The others I'm in are either slow ones where you can post whenever you want, or those where I'm a minor character who won't be relevant for a while.

Storming I hope you're not discouraged and leaving Charms again. I'm on Discord now so I can contact you there if that happens.
Zixal
Zixal
And feel free to contact me, too. I have my own discord account as well.
Red Gallade
Red Gallade
Red Gallade
If it's gonna be a timeskip, what are the chances that Sterling can have an evolved Pokemon or 2 (and a change of clothes :p)
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
Good? I was thinking a 6 month time skip, or we could do 3. Whatever is consistent with Zixal’s Collax bio which says he only stayed there for a year.
Zixal
Zixal
Oh, you saw that.

Well, I was assuming they’d be there for around a year before some sort of rescue would come. Could always say they were there’s just a little bit longer than a year, maybe a month or two longer.

We could always just open up a private conversation to talk more about this, rather than just use Gallade’s profile.