• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A 50's Pokemon Journey

Susan's eyes widened with joy. "Maybe we should team up to get through the cave," she suggested. It was a good idea, to her at least. Sh then realised she forgot to introduce herself. "I'm Susan," she quickly said, "this Vulpix is Blaze and this Caterpie is Venessa."

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Elise smiled, a small blush dusting her cheeks. "I-it's nice to meet you two as well... I-I'm Elise." She extended a timid hand to shake Allie's. "This is Randie," She gestured to the Mareep next to her, who meeped politely, "And this little guy is Shimmy." She smiled at the little Sewaddle on her shoulder who chirped and wiggled its leaf in a rhythmic way, ending its little dance with a finishing twirl, striking a pose. Randie rolled her eyes at the tiny show off.

Elise nodded at Susan's suggestion. "Yeah, I think that's the best way to go about it." Just then, another rumble echoed from the inside of a cave.

“My name is Preston, and my partner is Sucy, a Murkrow.”

He was ready to go into the cave. Then he thought of something.

“Hey Susan? And anyone else with an umbrella? Have your umbrella ready in case any Zubat get disturbed... I assume you don’t want your clothes covered in Guano.”

"Yeah that has been happening. We were just about to walk in when you guys walked up. I don't mind teaming up with you guys." Sarah smiled at the girl who would not even give her, her name. "It is nice to finally meet you two. I am sure if we get goind we will eventualy run into whatever is making that noise. A max repal would work as well. But it would also detor any pokemon not just the zubat."

“What, Ember? That won’t do anything to a Geodude!”

He said, completely forgetting the Energy Ball from earlier. He had also heard rumors of Clefairy in Mt Moon, and those were fairy. Terrible for a Dark type like Sucy. Paras would be completely wiped out by Ember or Peck, but Geodude would be a problem.

"Also it seems like Buneary can learn the move water pulse. That would greatly help against rock types. I so hope we see a clefairy. I hear they are really cute." She held the bunny pokemon in her arms.

Preston took the Energy Ball to the face and fell backwards. He thunked to the ground. His face was red, and he had a large bump on the back of his head. He was angry, but he didn’t want to start a fight. He leered at Blaze.

“Don’t do that again.”

The Pokéball on his hip wiggled. Sucy didn’t come out, but she was probably either laughing or raging. The former was more likely...

Krisseon

"Eep!" Elise exclaimed, as the Energy Ball hit Preston. "Oh gosh! Are you okay??" In true mom-like fashion, she knelt down beside him, inspecting the damage for a moment, then pulled out a clean handkerchief and an antiseptic spray, handing it to him. "Here, clean yourself up. The cave is going to be dirty and we don't need you getting any infections!" She then took out a bandaid, gently putting it on his bump and smiled, putting her hands on her hips. "There. All better!"

"Awe you seem like a true friend. I think we should get going. I don't know whats going on but from the sounds of it I don't want to know." She walked up to the entrance walked passed the sleeping absol and into the cave.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Rosie can take care of any Rock-types, Zelda has no trouble with the Zubats, and I think Eve might know Sizzly Slide for the Paras. I don't know about the Clefairy though. I don't carry Repel with me." Allie smiled.
Rosie put her hands on her hips at this comment. "Rose-roselia."
When Preston was hit by the Energy Ball, Allie rushed over. "Oh no! Are you okay?"
She saw Elise taking care of it, and smiled, slightly relieved.

Blaze stuck her nose up, showing that she wasn't sorry. Susan was now very cross, so she took Blaze's Pokeball and returned her faithful companion. "Sorry about Blaze," she apologized as she bowed to Preston, "She really hates it when people forget things about her."

The Absol woke up and watched the new trainers. She knew that they couldn't catch her, she was too powerful!

Krisseon

Elise smiled sweetly at Preston. "I'm happy to help!" She looked at Sarah when she complimented her and blushed. "Oh, uh... y-yeah, I-I guess so.." She then nodded at her suggestion, "Yeah, good idea. No use sitting around here." She stood, helping Preston up if he needed it and looked at Susan. "Don't beat yourself up about it, pokemon can be a handful sometimes." She giggled a bit looking at Randie, who could be quite a handful herself as well. She looked at Allie, feeling relieved someone was able to put up a fight. "Oh, that's a relief!" She smiled at Allie, then looked to see Sarah heading inside the cave. "Oh! We should stick together, it's dangerous!" She said nervously, gesturing to the others as she ran to catch up to Sarah, Randie bounding behind her, sticking close to her just in case.

Sarah looked to Lola in her arms. "Hey do you think you can keep up a thunder punch to light the cave?" Lola noded and jumped to the ground. Her fist seemed to crackle with electricity. It seemed to light up the area around her. "Thank you Lola. That helps quite a bit."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie followed alongside Sarah. Eve climbed up onto her head, doing a strange parkour movement off the cave wall to get up. Allie looked confused for a moment, and smiled.
"You are quite the agile Eevee, aren't you?" Allie asked with a laugh.

Krisseon

Randie's wool sparked up, lighting her tail bulb brighter to help light the area as well. Elise smiled, "Thanks Randie."

There were more sounds emanating from somewhere up ahead, and a familiar voice echoed, "Use tackle! Good, now Karate Chop, you're doing great! Keep going, we can do it!"

“Hey, Susan... isn’t that Glenn’s voice? Sure sounds like it...”

He looked around. There were a few Zubat perched on the ceiling, sleeping, and some Paras scrambling around. He was glad none of them were attacking just now. It could be a long trip through the cave, and he didn’t have many healing items.

Krisseon

Elise gasped, spooked when something struck hard enough to shake some pieces off the stalactites up above them. She didn't like it in here, and she wanted to leave as soon as possible...

Up ahead, it was no other than Glenn and Champ, fighting off a group of Sandslash. It looked like things were pretty heated. Two Sandslash were already down for the count, leaving three surrounding Champ. One of them lunged, getting ready to use Slash.
"Dodge it, then Body Slam him!" Champ jumped high into the air, just barely managing to avoid the attack, then came down hard on top of it, managing to Paralyze it. The other two decided to stay on the defense, one using Dig, clawing its way underground, while the other sent out Swift. This was a bit of a sticky situation.

"Watch out! Use Comet Punch to try to knock them out of your way!" Champ nodded, digging his heal in the ground and raising his fists. He managed to hit his targets 4 out of 5 times, but the last star hit, knocking him to the ground. They both could see the Sandslash underground coming at him now, erupting from the ground and sending Champ flying into the air.
"You got this Champ! Reorient yourself! Then come down with a Karate Chop!" After a moment of scrambling, Champ was able to turn himself around, bringing his arm up as he came down, striking an intense blow to the top of the Sandslash's head. Champ landed, panting and tired, but loving it at the same time. The Sandslash teetered for a moment, then collapsed. Only one more left.
The Sandslash across from them huffed defiantly, a fire burning in its eyes. It cried out and charged, its claws forming Poison Sting.
"This is it, buddy! We've practiced it before, let's put it to use! Get 'em with Sky Uppercut!" He reenacted the move excitedly, encouraging his companion, obviously enjoying himself as much as Champ was.

Champ charged as well, his fist starting to glow as he revved up. They collided intensely, the Sandslash managing to get in a jab before it was sent flying in the air by the hit. Champ grabbed his side, dropping to one knee as the poison set in, and looked up just in time to see the Sandslash land harshly on the ground. It struggled, refusing to give up.

There was a moment of stillness as the fiery Sandslash stared past Champ and right into Glenn's eyes. He stared back. A form of respect towards one another forming, and the ground type nodded. Glenn grinned and nodded back. "I'd be happy to have you on my team, Sandslash." He announced, then threw a pokeball. It hit, absorbing the injured pokemon. It shook once... twice... Caught!

Glenn grinned, satisfied, then put his attention on Champ, who had been poisoned. "Oh no, Champ!" He ran to his companion's side, catching him as he collapsed. He held him close. "You did great, buddy... I'm so proud of you..."

He stood, then noticed a group approaching him. His eyes had adjusted to the dark a while ago, so he recognized them instantly. "Oh, hey guys! Glad to see you finally made it!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie saw Glenn and Champ, and waved slightly.
Zelda, seeing the injured Champ, teleported over and spoke to Glenn telepathically.
"Your Pokemon is injured? I can try to help. Though I can't heal him completely, I may be able to help with Heal Pulse. Would that be okay?"
Eve noticed, and leaped off Allie's head to join them. "Vee, eev-veevee? Vee?"
"She said that she knows the move Wish as well. That may help Champ, too," Zelda translated.

"Hey Champ looks like he could use this." Sarah opened her bag and pulled out a peacha berry. "Here this will help with the poison." She walked up to Glenn and handed him the berry. She rubbed champs head. "It will be ok little guy." Sarah looked to Allie. "Well with the berry it will do quite a bit."

"Hey Glenn! I would offer help as well, but it seems everyone here already is on it." Blaze sniffed one of the fainted Sandslash and shook her head. She then narrowed her eyes at Glenn, as a low growl escaped her throat. Susan saw the Sandslashes and thought they were cute. "Aww! I would like a Sandslash!"

Krisseon

Glenn looked at all the friendly faces so willing to help, surprised. There was a feeling welling inside his chest, but he wasn't sure what it was. It was soft, and warm. He'd never had anyone... care... like this. And these people barely knew him. They had no idea what he was. He smiled warmly at them all. "Thank you all... so much. I really appreciate it, and I know Champ will too." He accepted the items, and nodded gratefully at Zelda and Eve.

He looked at Preston and nodded. "Yeah, we've... kinda had our hands full with this one. It was tough, but Champ didn't get his nickname for no reason!" He smiled down at his companion, feeding him the berry first to rid him of the poisoning. "Take this buddy, it'll help." Champ took it slowly, sighing of relief once the poison dissipated. Glenn knelt down with Champ still in his arms, allowing Zelda and Eve to work their magic.

Elise stayed back, looking on at the aftermath of such a brutal battle. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach about all this, but wasn't sure if it was something worth mentioning or if it was her own paranoia.

Blaze trotted over to Elise and sat next to her. "Vul!" she said in comfort. She also had a bad feeling about Glenn. How could he be at the right place at the right time? This was twice now. The first time she could rush it off, the second... It seemed wrong. Why did he have to faint so many Sandslah as well? They weren't known to be violent. The opposite really.
Susan smiled at how strong Glenn and Champ was. "Your amazing Glenn! How is that big hairy spider doing?" All Susan could think about was Glenn. She didn't even notice that her own Pokemon, Blaze, didn't like him.

Preston didn’t really know what to do. He supposed that they would just have to wait for Champ to recover before moving on. The Pokéball on his hip began to shake as Sucy broke out. She flapped over to Elise. She glared at Blaze for a moment before chuckling. She didn’t appreciate the attack on her trainer, but it was really funny, the way he fell back.

(I go by the manga logic where you can see into the top of the Pokéball and the Pokémon can see out.)

Sarah was glad to to see the pacham to be ok. She was worried that he would not heal before they could get to a pokemon center. Eevee was happy he was ok as well. She climbed up her trainer's shoulder. "I think we should find away out of this cave soon or else we might have to set up camp here."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Pokemon pair nodded, and began to use their respective moves. Zelda extended her palms in front of her, creating a blue wave of energy. Eve closed her eyes, and an illusion of a shooting star floated above her. Within a few seconds, the shooting star shattered, showering Champ with healing sparkles.
Rosie gave the Roselia equivalent of a "hmph!", as she had no healing abilities.

Krisseon

Elise smiled at the two pokemon who decided to join her, patting them both on the head affectionately. She could tell they felt something was up too, or at least Blaze did, and this only fueled her paranoid thoughts. "Me too, guys..."

Glenn smiled as the two gracefully granted Champ the help he needed. Champ's ear twitched, and he opened his eyes. "'Cham?" He sat up slowly, looking at the two other pokemon. He smiled at them when he realized what must've happened. "Pan! Pancham!" He thanked the two happily as he hopped out of Glenn's arms, flexing his arms enthusiastically to show how much better he felt, then gave them two thumbs up. Glenn chuckled. "Glad to see you up and running again Champ. Thank you again, you two." He smiled and patted Zelda and Eve on the heads gratefully.

He stood and looked at Susan, smiling. "Susan, it's great to see you again! That's very nice of you to say, thank you. Oh, Galvantula? He's doing great! He helped me out with a nasty group of Spearow a while back. Want to say hi?" He held the pokeball out to release it, but decided against it considering where they were. "Actually, maybe we should postpone that. We should get out of here, first."

Preston nodded.

“Sounds good to me, I would prefer to get out sooner rather than later.”

Suddenly, Sucy perked up. She cawed and flew at a shaley wall using Peck. The rock tumbled away to reveal some sparkly stones.

“Gemstones!”

Preston rushed over to the wall and pulled out a brush. He began dusting off the wall. Multiple colorful gems were embedded in the wall, as well as some differently colored stone that appeared to be fossils.

“Guys, check this out!”

Susan smiled and nodded at Glenn's suggestion. He was so smart! Venessa cooed as well. Seemed that her Pokemon agreed with her on how amazing Glenn was. He could do nothing wrong! She looked over at Preston and said, "Wow, they are so pretty!"
Blaze scoffed at her trainer's reaction of Glenn and looked up at Elise. Her eyes were filled with worry as her trainer fell deeper into Glenn's deception. At least, that was what Blaze thought. She then turned to see what Susan was going on about now. Blaze also fell in love with the pretty stones and bounded over. She was careful where she treaded, just in case a fire stone was among the gems.

Sarah walked up to where Preston was. She looked to were he was cleaning off a part of the wall. There seemed to be gems and stones. There also seemed to be a few fossils among the gems. "Hey isn't there a section in our handbook about fossils. That rock there looks like it has a sort of different shape then the normal rocks around here would."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Zelda curtsied modestly, while Eve puffed up her chest in pride.
Allie looked over at the wall where Preston had seen the gemstones, and her eyes sparkled in awe. "Wow, that's so cool!"
Eve walked over curiously, before seeing the various evolution stones in the wall. Her eyes on the stones, she lowered her head. Something was obviously bothering her.

Krisseon

Glenn took a look as well. "Wow, what an amazing find, Sucy!" He smiled, patting the Murkrow's head. He looked at Preston. "What do you suppose we should do with them all?"

Elise looked on from where she was, seeing all the different colored stones. "Wow, they are pretty!" She looked down seeing that Eve was upset about something. She approached the small Eevee, feeling extra empathetic at the moment, as she was feeling a little down herself with all the bad thoughts floating around in her head. "Is something bothering you too, little one?"

“Hey, let’s each take one!”

He said in response to Glenn’s question. He told Sucy to use Peck. She delivered a series of quick pecks around a small fossil with a leaflike shape on it. He pulled out the trainers guide he had been given, and his suspicions were confirmed.

“It’s a Plume Fossil! It says that scientists have been able to revive an ancient Pokémon from one of these!”