• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Carpet Stained Red (Murder Mystery RP - Discussion/Sign-Ups)

But the real question... is the red wine or blood? ...OR KETCHUP?! *le gasp*
[RP Thread]

THE FACTS.
The date is July 7th, 1972. The closest friends of Clarke Storm were called to Storm Manor to celebrate Storm's fortieth birthday. It was a night filled with laughs, gambling, drinks, debate...
...and vendettas.
The date is July 8th, 1972. The body of Clarke Storm was discovered at 7:12 in the morning by his son James Storm and James' girlfriend Fae Lasten. No one left or entered the manor in between the time of the party beginning and the body's discovery. Police were at the scene in less than an hour, and the guests have all been confined within the manor. One of the men that the late Mr. Storm invited over to his house committed a most terrible act.
Murder of the host.

THE OBJECTIVE.
As one of the party guests, Robin Key, as a new detective and friend of Clarke Storm, is tasked with uncovering the clues of the manor and deducing just who was the killer. But they had better watch their back - the killer may be trapped in the manor with them, but they are also trapped in the manor with a killer...

THE RP.
Each of us will control one or two characters, each party guests and associates of Clarke Storm. Once we get the characters, I'll work with you in private convo to determine your character's history and their role in last night's events. Sound good?

THE RULES.
1) Follow regular RP rules.
2) Remember this takes place in 1972. So no high tech shenanigans. Also no magic - this is meant to take place in our world's history.
3) Make sure to confer with me about the specific details and such of your character. The details need to fit, here!
4) Stay true to your character at all times. Should go without saying, but it's especially important here.
5) Fill out the character sheet. (Yeah no duh.)
6) This RP will be a closed one, and I'll be capping our cast off at ten people.
7) Have fun!

THE CHARACTER SHEET.
Name:
Personality:
Connection to the Victim:
Position/Rank:
Possible Murder Motive:
Extra:
Name: John Harmon
Appearance: Wears a pair of clear glasses, a blue scarf and jean jacket wherever he goes. Currently wearing blue track pants, black boots, a black shirt and black gloves. Has brown hair, green eyes and pale skin. 6'3.
Personality: Kind and empathetic, but quite shy and solemn. Tends to keep to himself, but when he freaks out, he freaks out.
Connection to the Victim: Clarke Storm was a common customer at John's bakery, where he and Clarke talked often and became good friends. John's father was one of Clarke's old confidants.
Position/Rank: Baker, head of Yeast of the East.
Possible Murder Motive: Yeast of the East has been doing poorly, so John could have been attempting to steal funds from Clarke and was caught in the act, forcing himself to do something drastic.
Extra: Runs a bakery called Yeast of the East.

Last edited:
Name: Olivia Walker
Appearance: She has red hair, glasses, and is pretty tall. She usually wears a white robe with a red undershirt, along with Jeans.
Personality: Kind, but Protective and Hot-Headed. Cares for her friends.
Connection to the Victim: Sister
Position/Rank: (Don't quite know yet. I want her to be an important guest at the party, and not a worker. So... just standard guest, if that's okay. If it's not, then Maid.)
Possible Murder Motive: Olivia found Clarke's will and discovered that he was planning to give all of his money, and the manor, to her. But, there were guests at the party who she suspected might try and buy the manor from Clarke. So, she could've killed him to get the money and manor for herself.
Extra: Married into the last name 'Walker'.

Name: Lyle Parson
Appearance: Lyle is a muscled young male, his body is toned and sun-kissed holding a caramel hue. His hair is a dark brown, almost black color, cute shorter in the back but shaggy towards the front (styled in a 'shag'). Lyle's eyes hold an amber hue that transcends to a pleasant green as they reach the outer Iris. He wore dressy, black pants and a simple white button-up shirt that he keeps unbuttoned at his chest.
Personality: Lyle is a witty young man with a knack for taking risks. He can be quick to answer, and hasty at times but is very mature for his age and is extremely determined.
Connection to the Victim: A young neighbor, burrowed money from Clarke- they talked a lot business and the economy
Position/Rank: Enterpenuer
Possible Murder Motive: Lyle and Clarke had recently gotten into an argument about Clarke not being paid back and how Lyle would be sued if he didn't give back the money he burrowed.
Extra: Has never commited a crime before

Name:
Jamie Links
Appearance: Rather skinny, and the tight, showy clothing she wears goes to make that obvious. The night of the murder, Jamie wore a long red skirt with a small, tight, white crop-top. Her skin is very pale and freckles dot her cheeks though they are covered by a mass of make-up. Her lips are plump while her eyes and nose and petite, Jamie's eyes are a light, baby blue color and her hair is bleach blonde- styled in a mass of feathered locks reaching her waist.
Personality: Jamie is rather bland, she flirts a lot and knows how to manipulate just about anyone but doesn't show much for emotions when she isn't acting.
Connection to the Victim: Flirted with Clarke on the daily, running into him at bars or stores
Position/Rank: Bar-tender
Possible Murder Motive: After nearly being fired for 'flirting' with Clarke more than other characters, she could've blamed the man and gone after him
Extra: Rumors go that her and Clarke did more than just 'flirt at the bar'

Just tell me if anything needs to be changed :D, alos I'm not sure what position Lyle should have

Last edited:
name: Richard Moreland
age 38
appearance: Well built middle aged man with a crew cut. He wears a white button up shirt with black slacks and a trench coat.
personality: Distant, has a tendency to keep his distance, Always looks a man square in the eye when he talks to them.
Connection to the victim: He was a former childhood friend
Position and Rank: Captain in the United states army
Possible motive: His girlfriend cheated on him with Clark years ago. Leaving him while he was off serving in Korea. All these years it can still have an affect on people.
Extra:
Calling it now it was Professor Plum, In the library with a lead pipe

Name: Robin Key

Appearance: Robin is a short red-haired female with violet eyes, she wears a black tee-shirt and long dark jeans with a long pale coat hung over she shoulders with black rimmed glasses. Covering her long hair with a dark brown fedora.

Personality: Robin is a stern and harsh person, she is only kind to kids. Her downfall is her emotions, she hates letting people get to her emotions. Robin never shows much emotion, she never makes any friends and hates seeing when people try to get close to her.

Connection to the Victim: only friend she ever made
Position/Rank: Young Detective [if not then a banker]

Possible Murder Motive: Robin keeps hearing some rumors that he just made friends with her so she wasn't seen as a 'bi***'.

Extra: she wears her hair up in a fedora do be seen as a male. [she will take it off later]

Last edited:
Name: Jason Linger
Appearance: Wears a black shirt, black pants, blond hair, white skin, and 6'1".
Personality: Jason just turned 18, and is taking advantage of his newfound trust. He sometimes gets out of every situation like "Sorry! Just turned 18!".
Connection to the Victim: Clarke's right-hand man.
Position/Rank: Sort of skilled in martial arts...
Possible Murder Motive: Wants to steal the manor for himself.
Extra: Sometimes gets nervous around girls his age.

Name: Luna Zaventte III
Appearance: Luna is a young woman at the height of 5'8 with a very pale skin tone. Her silver hair is tied up in a short high ponytail and her bangs covering her right eye. She wears an open white knee length coat, exposed upper arms and black gloves. Her white pants has red garters incorporated into them. Also have a bat-shaped necklace with a blood red gem in the centre.
Personality: Luna is calm and dignifying, hardly seen agitated or worried.
Connection to the Victim: Met once with her eldest brother.
Position/Rank: Noble
Possible Murder Motive: In the attempts to keep the knowledge of her family secret hidden, Luna may have killed Clarke after overhearing that her brother has accidentally spilled the truth of her family to Clarke.
Extra: A white parasol that she never leaves behind. Has heterochromia, left eye is ice blue, right is red. Skilled violinist.

Last edited:
All approved! Lucas, the position you’d be looking for is Noble most likely. Lyle’s position/rank is likely his job or occupation. Dope doesn’t really get that, I think. Ender, you can be the young detective. And Jagson? …YOU GOT ME, DETECTIVE!

Alright, makes sense. We need three more people before the RP goes live. For clarification, we’ll be RPing the events of the night before the murder, then the day after.

I'm not counting our Young Detective as a major character. The major characters are the possible suspects in this case. Our young detective will have an alibi for the investigation.

Name: William Pembridge
Appearance: William is a tall man, standing at 6’3” with dark tan skin. His jaw is square and is lined with a light fuzz of hairs across his bottom of his face. His eyes are a light caramel. His hair is black with whisps of greying hair throughout his hair. He keeps it long, and tied neatly in a ponytail behind his head. He is well built, and is a giant walking ton of muscles. His shoulders extend out. He wears a black blazer with a white silk shirt, black trousers and black shoes. He keeps a pair of brass knuckles in his pockets and keeps a pistol under his jacket. He is extremely strong.
Personality: Ecentric. When most people think of William they make claims of an eccentric man serving Clarke Storm. He is full of energy and is known to mumble odd things under his breath, leaving people to believe he is also mildly insane. However he has a kind protective soul, and will protect those he is charged with protecting. He has a smoking habit and is known for smoking cigars. He prefers to be the center of attention, whenether through fear or through humor.
Connection to the Victim: William was the bodyguard of the late Clarke Storm. They met years prior in a pub, where Clarke was out on business. Clarke got into an argument with a drunk, and William knocked the brute unconscious as he was about to attack. After hearing that Willaim was looking for a job, Clarke offered him one as a bodyguard.
Position/Rank: Work Bodyguard
Possible Murder Motive: William’s past is a mystery as he was an immigrant leaving things behind him. He doesn’t talk much, leaving people not to be sure of who he really was. Will his eccentric habits people assume he could be a killer. And they may be true, with his mild madness.
Extra: N/A

Approved! Now we just need two more people...
Also, I like how you all have been giving Clarke Storm a personality through your descriptions. He goes to pubs, like to socialize, gets into fights often, and likes to explore the business side of things. I'll make sure to keep all these things in account when I RP as him for the first bit.

Name: Tobias Éclair
Appearance: Tobias is a redhead, and his hair is a bit... poofy. He has light brown eyes, and stands at around 5'4. Usually, he wears his an apron all the time, with an orange shirt and jeans under, but this time, he's wearing a blue t-shirt, with a jacket thrown on. For pants, he's wearing cargo pants.
Personality: Tobias likes to backstab people occasionally, and likes to generally socialize. He often turns to baking or cooking to help him burn off stress. If he can't burn off any stress and has too much, he'll go absolutely insane. But that's for another story. Anyway, Tobias loves most rock music.
Connection to the Victim: Clark and Tobias met while Tobias was on a trip someplace, on a train. Clark couldn't find a seat, so Tobias lended him one, and they talked a LOT to each other, despite Tobias being a little shy.
Position/Rank: Chef
Possible Murder Motive: Clark and Tobias had a fight about a month before this RP begins (June) and Tobias, being the guy he was, held a grudge for it. His stress problem, though, could make it easier for someone to assume he went insane and killed Clark.
Extra: N/A

@Lucas Inazumai the last time I RPed with you, I was new to Pokécharms.
I'll try not to mess up, since I feel I'm better at general RPs. Anyways...
What do you think?

Last edited:
@Shimmering Just something that need to be resolved.
Clarke is currently 40, so he wouldn't have been in high school with someone of just 23 years...
Also, being the Chef means your character works for Clarke. Anyways, if you'll just fix the high school thing, then we're good!

Name: Vladimir Zaphoski
Appearance: A well built, visibly overworked man with a well kept beard and a head of hair as long as his beard.
Personality: While he did flee the Iron Curtain, he still holds some Marxist views on certain topics, and is quick to defend them. However, his time under the hammer and sickle have given him a borderline fanaticism for family and self expression.
Connection to the Victim: Storm's personal political advisor.
Position/Rank: Politician, dedicated charity worker.
Possible Murder Motive: Political disagreement between him and Charles, most likely involving his treatment of workers.
Extra: Originally from the Soviet Union, but fleed when he was 26. He met Charles soon after he made it to freedom, a mere six months, but Vladimir's was already a well known name. Storm hired him to help him improve his business to the ever increasing refugees and the ever growing support for Marxism, and Vladimir was happy to oblige, seeing as he had been eating a job to finish his rejection of modern communism.

Sorry! I wasn't getting the notifications, left the threat on unread all this time. Although I have narrowed my Rps to just a few now due to lack of time. I just went through all the post ans it seems to be shaping up to a great RP, but I'm sorry could I just drop out please as I am unable to keep up.

Name: Jeremy MacFoggen
Appearance: 6"2, black hair, dark brown eyes. Wears a black biker jacket and a brown hat, and dark blue pants.
Personality: Jeremy is rude to most people, but cares for those he is close to.
Connection to the Victim: Jeremy knew Clarke Storm well, as Clarke was related to an old enemy of his, but he liked Clarke, unlike his distant relative.
Position/Rank: Police officer under disguise
Possible Murder Motive: To try to make the relative, his old enemy, grieve over the death of Clarke
Extra: He hated Clarke's relative, who almost got him out of a job.

Last edited by a moderator: