• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Pokemon RP: The Conversion Crisis

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie looked sick to her stomach. “Oh no, not you too!”
Realizing how suspicious she sounded, she clasped her hands in front of her nervously. “Uh... yeah... I’ve got some explaining to do... you guys might want to sit down...” she mumbled. This did not help her case.
How many more people were going to convert? What was causing this? For some reason, she felt at fault.
And to think that not long ago my life was perfectly normal.

Chris tried to stand up slowly, only to slip back onto the ground with a groan. He felt sore everywhere. Blister, his Pyroar, got up to help him by lifting his bodyweight with her muzzle. Chris released a small groan, feeling himself being hoisted into the air. Then his eyes opened a bit more once he was propped on his 'feet'. They were a creamy color and brown at his forearms. He started to wobble a little as he examined his appearance.

After checking once more, Chris sat to take in his paws then felt a tugging at his neck. He realized his bracelet was the only thing left of his old self..around his neck. Slowly but surely, the fog blocking his thoughts started to dissolve. Then a horrifying thing struck him; he was a grass-type, a Leafeon.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The girl looked nervous. She shifted on her feet.
"O-okay... I guess I need to explain what's happening now... but you may have already figured it out." She took a deep breath.
"I am not a Kirlia. My real identity is Allie Silverstone, a thirteen year old Gym Challenger and Pokemon Performer. I, along with several others, was transformed into a Pokemon. How... we don't know that yet. But it looks like you've met the same fate."
She looked away, slightly selfconscious. "I sound insane, don't I?"

"Actually, no. That would explain a few things..", reasoned Blister.

She turned her attention to the frozen Leafeon. Chris' eyes grew wide and he was silent and unmoving for a few moments. Singe looked away bracing himself for the worst with his eyes narrowed. The trainer realeased an alarmed yell, scrambling to his feet. He pushed himself backward in the process and fell back onto his stomach.

The screaming stopped abruptly.

"Alright, that's enough hysterics."

The TalonFlame landed next to Chris, gazing down at the small pokèmon. Chris was about to start caterwauling again until Scorch muffled him with his with his wing. Chris started to flail but it was no use. Eventually, he grew weary of this and started to settle down.

Scorch removed his wing and straightened back up with his trainer still sprawled on his stomach, spitting feathers from his mouth.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Kirlia closed her eyes. Her head was now pounding, as she was taking in the emotions of everyone in the area. Fear, anger, confusion, shock - all of it.
She clutched her forehead, feeling dizzy. Her horns glowed brightly.
"C-calm down - oh Arceus, I messed this up -"
She stumbled to the ground, barely holding herself up.
"S-Stop... head hurts.." she stammered, her horns glowing even brighter.
CRACK!
Tree branches were beginning to crack, as her psychic power began to spiral out of control. She managed to subconsciously stop herself from attacking anyone, but the effects of her Psychic were visible.

Chris flattened himself closer to the ground at the sound of the creaking branches, placing his paws onto his head. Singe crouched down, bracing himself for the fallen debris to ensure his trainer avoided the shrapnels. The Pyroar began to dodge the branches that were being ripped from the trees. Scorch used Flare Blitz to split a branch, leaving charred remains behind.

"Watch out!", warned Blister.

She bounded toward and split a massive branch that would've collided with the Kirlia, pinning her to the ground. Blister stayed by the Kirlia until she was sure it was safe. She picked the small pokèmon up with her muzzle slowly and sat her down under the shade and protection of an unscathed tree.
It seemed as though the worst was over, although there were still some smashing to the ground.

"Are you alright?", said Blister concerned.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Her head still ringing, the Kirlia got to her feet. She held her hand to her head.
"Y-yeah. I think... I can sense all your emotions. Except I'm not used to it.. so it causes me pain. Add that to the fact that I'm not really in control of my new powers.. you get the idea."
Suddenly, a voice was heard from a nearby bush. "Allie! Are you okay?"
Upon turning, Allie's face turned into a relieved smile. "Eclipse!"
The Disaster Pokemon saw the Pokemon assisting her trainer, and nodded gratefully. "Thank you for helping her. I presume she has told you of her little predicament... I assure you, everything she says is true."

"I've had no doubts thus far.", said Blister nodding back. "So, you think the same thing happened to our trainer as well?"

Singe supported Chris until he could balance on his own. Scorch flew over and landed next to the Pyroar, willing to listen to the strangers. Meanwhile, Singe was skeptical about the Absol's sudden appearance. Chris, however, was highly confused. The change in appearance, the fumbling Kirlia, the snapping branches and the fact that his pokèmon were talking.
He tried to walk forward to a dress the Kirlia but ended up stumbling forward. Singe helped him up once more before joining in the conversation himself.

"Wait a minute..who are you?", said the Blaziken gaze intensely at Allie's pokèmon.

Scorch glared at Singe but he didn't flinch away.

"Don't be so inconsiderate, Singe."

"Well, I'd like to know why her pokèmon is here and how you found our glade."
, spoke Singe in a gruff voice.

Chris could sense an argument coming on and braced himself to intervine; he couldn't stand it when his pokèmon got into a fight. However, Chris didn't know what he could do in this state. He just hoped the situation didn't get out of hand, especially since he was now weak to his own pokèmon.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Absol stood strong, not wavering under the gaze of the Fighting-type Pokemon.
"I am Eclipse, and I belong to this trainer here. She is not as she seems, not a Kirlia, but a human transformed against her own will. I sensed danger to my trainer, therefore I came here. My purpose is to protect her, and that is what I will do. It is, after all, the calling of my species: to sense disaster, and prevent it."
"From what I can tell, there are people behind the transformation of my trainer and several others. Shortly after the event, Allie was attacked by a group of people in black and red. I am concerned that they will come again."

"That may be so, but how do we know that you're not involved with them?", accused the Blaziken.

Everyone started to tense at this; they hadn't considered this at all. Now even Chris was starting to grow suspicious and he didn't even know what was happening. 'That would explain a few things.' considered Chris. He didn't know much about the subject but he was certain that he wouldn't have transformed by himself. He hoped he wouldn't stay this way forever, for the sake of health. Then he began to form an idea in his mind but he had no time to voice his opinion before his TalonFlame swiveled his head around to gaze at Singe through narrowed eyes.

"Do you think we'd still be standing here talking if they were against us?"

"No, bu--"

"Then, shut your beak and listen."
, scolded Scorch, turning back toward the Kirlia and Absol. "Do you think by finding these people, our trainers will be able to regain their old forms again?"

Chris listened, while being mildly annoyed, as his pokèmon expressed his opinion before he had the chance to speak. He started walking on trembling and unstable paws to get to the front of his pokèmon and stood only a few feet from the Kirlia, waiting for his opportunity to speak.
He might be a Leafeon now but no one was allowed to speak on his behalf; trainer or pokèmon.

His TalonFlame and Pyroar regarded him as he maneuvered his way through the others to the front of them all. Chris had to admit to himself that he was pretty nervous because of the height the Disaster Pokèmon had on him.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"That's exactly what we're trying to find out. We have no idea who did this, or why, or how, or anything except we're all of a sudden turned into Pokemon." Allie held her hand to her head. "Don't worry, we're all just as confused as you are."
A high-pitched voice rang from the edge of the clearing. "Hey, what's this, a party that I wasn't told about? How unfair of you, Allie..."
Eve was standing in the clearing, before her gaze landed on the various Fire-type Pokemon. She was particularly startled by the Blaziken, seeing as Singe could very easily take her down with the type advantage.
"....nope, I'm out of here, sorry to bother you, bye now-" Eve turned tail and bolted the way she'd come.
Turning red in embarrassment, Eclipse glared off in the direction that Eve had left in. "Eve, Allie's partner. An absolute ray of sunshine. Full of wonderful quirks," Eclipse said through her teeth.

"I see." , spoke the subtle voice of Chris. "Well, how did you get here? Also, did you have any plan on what we could do about this?"

Singe narrowed his cold blue eyes on the Eevee, but said nothing to avoid another scolding from the TalonFlame. He couldn't stand the fact that everyone was singling him out. Being seemingly the only pokèmon here who was wary of the others was unsettling. 'What are they really up to?'
He noticed that he was also the only one who paid any attention to the intrusive pokèmon that burst through the undergrowth. Then he slowly began to relax his muscles in his crossed arms, but the flares coming from his wrists still didn't go away and were burning brighter now. He was angry, but Singe was trying not to let it show. He was having a difficult time doing it, though.

His sharp gaze returned to the Kirlia and Absol. He wanted them to take notice of it; his trainer was starting to confide in them too much and was gaining too much confidence around them. If the Absol made any sudden movements, he would leap over his trainer and go for its throat; Singe was on fire inside.

The Pyroar began to take notice of the Singe's flickering blue eyes, his smoldering wrists and steady posture. She made sure to position herself so she could stop him from attacking the trainer and her pokèmon but Blister could tell this alone wouldn't be enough; the Blaziken was pissed.
Scorch started to catch on as well and decided immediately that he would ensure Chris' safety and make sure and fight didn't break out. The last time Singe had gotten into a fight, it was with an older trainer who refused to admit that he'd been beaten. The trainer would always come around, jeering at Chris. Until Singe challenged his pokèmon himself, leaving the trainer's pokèmon broken. It took months for his pokèmon to recover.

If something happened here, a fire could break out and only he, Blister and Singe would survive.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eclipse saw the anger in the Blaziken's eyes. She was not wary, but made sure to make no sudden moves. In her current form, she could very easily defend herself, but saw no reason to.
Allie's eyes were flickering as well, ready to defend her Pokemon if needed.
"I - I kn-now y-you don't t-trust us, b-but if you try t-to h-hurt Eclipse, th-then you'll have t-to g-get through m-me..." In reality, the Fairy type Pokemon was terrified. She was next to useless unless she let control of her power go, which she had no intention of doing.
Eclipse finally spoke once again. "Well, if it makes you feel better..."
She turned around, and launched at a tree, cloaked in an orange glow. She then did it again, with another tree. She did this a total of six times.
She turned back around, a faint blue glow surrounding her, signifying the lowering of her stats. "The move I just used was Superpower. It is powerful, but lowers my attack and defense. I used the move six times, reducing my attack to nearly nothing, same with my defense. If I had any intention of attacking you or your trainer, I would not fare well - due to most of my moves relying on physical attack. At the same time, if you struck me here, I would not survive to tell the tale. And if you decide that I must die, I simply ask that you allow Allie to leave unharmed. She's been through enough." The Disaster Pokemon remained motionless, awaiting her fate.

Chris felt something build up inside him, an intense surge of emotion that wouldn't die out. He turned his head slightly to the right and could practically feel the heat waves emanating off of his pokèmon. His green-tipped ear twitched voluntarily and his fur started to stand on end. 'Oh, no. Not again!'
He didn't bother speaking, he knew that the Blaziken wouldn't attack any pokèmon that didn't deserve it. Singe might've had a bad temper, but he isn't like that.

Scorch was waiting on either one of two things; a verbal response or a physical one. Blister was too busy worrying about the others to even consider anything else. All she knew for certain was it couldn't go down like this. She was willing to deflect his blows by using herself as a shield. That's how much she despised violence.

The Blaziken waited and considered his options after witnessing Eclipse's show of humbleness. His eyes then flickered to his friends then his trainer. He could shove the others aside and burn the Absol to a crisp or he could wait, for his trainer's sake, to see what would happen next. His inner fire began to calm slowly and the ones on his wrist began to subside.

"I am not interested in fighting you." , said Singe with a sigh.

'Why can't I just kick its face in?'
The Blaziken sat down, legs and arms crossed, then closed his eyes with another sigh. This was a sign that he would cause any trouble anytime soon. He was aggravated but he was too tired to complain.

'Ah. That's better.' , thought Blister.
This was a huge relief for her. She wasn't afraid to get hurt, but more afraid of what Singe would do to Eclipse. The Pyroar straightened up again and flicked her tail.

He was angry now. Everyone was ignoring what came out of his mouth. They were giving attention to someone who didn't even talk yet!
'Ugh!' Chris was thoroughly annoyed with everyone. Maybe it was unfair of him to be so impatient, but he couldn't help it! He repeated his statement in a louder tone to see if anyone would respond.