• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/above-the-clouds-discussion.21563/

The town of Hicktik was a very dangerous place. There were many people who hurt others to get food, money, and sometimes revenge. It was never sunny in Hicktik, it never rained or snowed either. It was just cloudy all the time. There was also a big wall all around the town, they put it up after the worriers left town to go to war with the other town, which was on the other side of Mt. Curser. No one went near that mountain, no one went near the woods, no one went even outside of the town! Until these kids met each other…

A lime green haired girl was walking home when she found her brother getting mugged! “This will do nicely.” The mugger said pulling out coins from her brother’s pocket. “Hey!” She yelled. As the mugger turned his head she made a vein come up from the ground and knock him out. (Yeah idk…) “Venus, why are you the one always saving me?” He asked his little sister. “You are way too protective of me Zane.” She replied. He rolled his eyes as he bent down and grabbed the coins out of the mugger’s hand. “Lets go home before anything else “exciting” happens.” So they walked home to their little cottage.

Eryn Hathaway was a little lost and bumped into a lime green haired girl.

"Have you seen a golden haired man with silver eyes..." Eryn asked as suddenly, any source of light or power was shut off.

Across town Logan Masterson was looking around for a girl with brown hair and red eyes.

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Venus felt a sudden bump, she turned and saw a girl a little older then her. "No, I don't think so." Venus replied to the brown haired girl's question. Then the lights suddenly turned off. "Whats going on?" Zane asked. Venus moved closer to her older brother for protection.

Last edited:
Logan noticed a blackout in a part of town.

"Eryn." Logan whispered.

He ran across town, unintentionally attracting all metal within about fifty feet of him as he sped along the way. He shrugged it off, and all the metal fell where it was detached from him.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Zane looked at the brown haired girl. Did she do this? He asked himself. Venus was very scared, it was night time and she couldn't see anything. Zane rubbed Venus' arm to comfort her. Then they heard a loud... CLANG!!! It sounded like metal hitting the ground.

Last edited:
"I saw the black out from the other side of town!" Logan called out, "By the way, Logan Masterson, my power is Electromagnetism, where I can attract and repel metal when I charge myself!"

The lights and any other source of power turned back on after thirty seconds of blackout.

"Logan, help, I can't see much of anything!!" Eryn screamed slightly.

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Nice to meet you Logan, I'm Zane Caproot and this is my sister, Venus." Zane replied. Venus waved, then a boy with light brown hair walked over. Venus shrugged at his question. "Well, I do have a theory...That she did it!" He said pointing at Eryn, her red eyes gave him a strange vibe.

"You're right, her power is called Lights Out, it suddenly shuts down all light and other power sources within a certain radius, and currently causes strain on her eyes." Logan explained as he guided Eryn to a nearby place to sit so her vision could recover a bit, "My power is called Electromagnetism, and was the cause of the humongous clang earlier."

Logan attracted a small piece of metal towards him. He then sent it about twenty yards and it landed on the ground.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Thats cool." Venus said as she watched him drag the metal. "I have Chlorokinesis, I can manipulate plants! And Zane has Cryokinesis he can manipulate water." She said looking up at her older brother. He rolled his brown eyes as she gave him a "come-on-talk-to-the-strangers" look. "Uh, yeah. Do you guys wanna come to our place?" Zane said with a small mumble.

"Sure, since neither of us have had a home in three years." Logan explained, "Eryn, keep close."

"Of course, Logan." Eryn responded.

Logan and Eryn were about to walk when a young boy appeared.

"Hi Sam, I'm Eryn," Eryn responded, barely able to tell who he was.

Logan gave Sam a small glare, and responded with, "Sam, you are lucky you found us, I spotted it from across town and ran all the way here."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Venus giggled. "Thanks Sam! I'm Venus and this is Zane." She said to Sam. She had made three friends today, new record! (XD) Zane on the other hand, was usually quiet and hadn't really made any friends. They started off towards their house as they talked more.

Berni was quietly from under her tree (she usually sits under and paints or practices ukulele & sings) and heard a crowd talking a bit of distance from where she was. As much as she doesn't like socializing, she thought this'd give her a chance to trust a few people for once. But, she was hesitant to go over, and she stood there for a few minutes, waiting for someone to notice her.

Logan had spotted a person under a nearby tree, and called out to the group to stop moving, and he walked over to talk to the person, Eryn followed, still almost blind.

"Hi, Logan Masterson," Logan explained, "the girl next to me is Eryn Hathaway, she used her power recently and it causes strain on her eyes."

Eryn waved at the person, even though she could barely tell they were there.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Zane and Venus watched as Logan and Eryn ran over to a girl who was sitting under a near by tree. Zane examined the girl. He always had to make sure people weren't the kind of type to turn on people or something, he didn't want Venus getting hurt.

Zane and Venus watched as Logan and Eryn ran over to a girl who was sitting under a near by tree. Zane examined the girl. He always had to make sure people weren't the kind of type to turn on people or something, he didn't want Venus getting hurt.
Logan had spotted a person under a nearby tree, and called out to the group to stop moving, and he walked over to talk to the person, Eryn followed, still almost blind.

"Hi, Logan Masterson," Logan explained, "the girl next to me is Eryn Hathaway, she used her power recently and it causes strain on her eyes."

Eryn waved at the person, even though she could barely tell they were there.

Berni got up and felt anxious. "Hi,...I'm Bernadetta Octavia...but you can just call me Berni...or Octavia, i don't really care which one. Hi...Logan..and Eryn." "You are?" she said, looking in Zane's direction. As she looked at him, she could tell that Zane didn't trust her much. As she sent a message* to Zane's mind, she started wincing

*"You and Venus can trust me, i promise. I have no reason to hurt anyone if i know what pain feels like.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"What?" Zane said quietly. Venus skipped over to Octavia and waved. "Thats my brother Zane and I'm Venus." She told her. Zane was speechless, Did she just... Venus laughed at Zane's speechlessness. "Come and say "hi" Zane!" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him over.

"What?" Zane said quietly. Venus skipped over to Octavia and waved. "Thats my brother Zane and I'm Venus." She told her. Zane was speechless, Did she just... Venus laughed at Zane's speechlessness. "Come and say "hi" Zane!" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him over.
Octavia glanced at Venus. "So...he's older than you?" She said with a tone of sass in her voice. "And you're Venus, right?" her head still slightly hurt from transmitting the sentence to the latter's brother.

Logan looked around, also making sure there were no more blackouts.

"Eryn, how much of your vision has returned?" Logan asked worriedly.

"About twenty percent." Eryn answered.

The two then heard Venus and decided to prepare for movement to Venus and Zane's house.

Alex sighed as she placed a book gingerly back onto it's shelf. No surprise that there was no record of her father, or any of the fathers that marched to war that day. They were so young, so new and fresh that nobody even though they'd have to write them down yet. They all planned to wait, and honor them with the troop came back. What a bunch of idiots. Alexandra sighed as she noticed her thoughts wondering. The public library was small and rather useless, yet the girl seemed to spend an absurd amount of time there. Alex pressed a hand against a dirty window and looked outside for a moment- maybe it was time to move on.

Marcus giggled out loud as a heavy, clearly drunk man lunged at him, "Gotta move faster than that!" the boy smirked as he released the gravity of his body and jumped onto the wall behind him. While standing upright, horizontal to the ground with his feet on the wall- Marcus lightly tapped the head of his pursuer before using his power again to flip off of the wall and land smoothly on the other side of his opponent. The man was not thinking straight, and perhaps he was really a good man when he wasn't drunk- but that didn't stop Marcus, who saw and excellent opportunity when the man tried to mug him.

The town of Hicktik was really nothing special, it had the normal facilities of an average town: shops, inns, and of course houses. Still, something deemed this town a special place in Artis' heart. Maybe it was because the town was all he'd ever known, or maybe the seamlessly never ending cloudy days. Although, there was also the fact that he witnessed a lot of people come and go when the war came around, it reminded him of his dad- or even the old bakery owner who'd give him free bread on the weekends. Something which he'd undoubtedly missed, since that man's generosity was the only way he had gotten by after his father vanished. Especially now, thanks to the new owner's stingy personality. Artis dug his hand into his pocket and unveiled a couple of coins that lied within his grasp, as if coming to an unfavorable conclusion, his lips slightly angled downwards, crafting a face full of disappointment.

He had three silvers and one copper coin, when he needed 4 silvers in order to buy half a loaf of bread. Without dwelling on his recent failures, his face returned to that which expressed no emotion. Though one could tell that he was exponentially more determined to get the last silver coin he needed, as his steps were faster and his long hair was caught in the accompanying breeze. He had no idea where he was headed, but he knew that he needed to get that last coin no matter the cost.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Zane didn't trust Octavia even more now. And now Venus was inviting her over to their house? "I don't know Venus. I don't really trust her." He told her. "Oh come on, please!" She said squeezing his hand. "Fine...but Its not my fault if she steals your books."

Eryn started looking around with her hands, since her vision was in bad shape. Logan had a worried look on his face, due to said vision problems that occurred when she used her powers. Logan started playing around with a small piece of metal as he waited for Octavia to answer Zane and Venus.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Venus started jumping up and down with excitement. "Yay! Ok, lets go everyone!" She said as they started walking to their house. Zane was quiet for the rest of the walk. He was usually like this. But Venus always tries to get him to laugh or do something in public.

Logan walked with Zane, Venus, Octavia, and Eryn, the latter of the four kept close due to her vision problems at the current moment.

"How will we tell if we're at your house?" Eryn asked Venus.

Logan was attracting and repelling a little piece of metal as he walked, it was being difficult, due to its density. Eryn was trying to keep herself calm so she doesn't use her powers again today.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Don't worry. I'll tell you when we're there." Venus replied. Zane had a sudden pain in his head. He gripped his forehead. What the... He tried to stay at the back of the group so his sister wouldn't notice. "What do you guys wanna talk about?" Venus asked the group. Zane didn't know where this pain was coming from.

"Sorry about that, if you are wondering, she still can't see properly." Logan explained, "Otherwise, I was thinking about how we discovered our powers?"

Logan had continued with his metal attracting and repelling.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Well, I personally like to dancing. So one time I was dancing and I threw my arms up into the air and veins came out of the ground!" Venus told Logan. Zane was gonna stay quiet for as long as he could. He noticed Octavia also trying to stay at the back. What is she doing?

"I discovered my powers three years ago, when my family, barring my identical twin, were killed by a small band of muggers, Logan was charged with protecting me, I was on one side of town, and suddenly, that section of town blacked out, much like earlier, about thirty seconds later the lights turned back on, and by the time that happened, I couldn't really see anything, even with the light, but what I do know is that within those thirty seconds, Logan and Riley had shown up, and Logan boxed the Muggers in a box of metal." Eryn explained how she discovered her Powers as she walked down the path.

"Mine was when I was 6," Logan explained, "April (Eryn's oldest sister), and I were playing in what was like a large metal structure when a fragment broke off the structure, it started falling down on April, something clicked in me and all of a sudden, I am surging in Electricity as the metal piece was sent away."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Whoa! Thats really cool!" Venus exclaimed. "Zane tell them how you found out about yours!" Zane looked up at his green haired little sister. "I don't know...Its not really that interesting."He lied, Venus was present when it happened. "It was very interesting! Come on! Please!" She said, Zane covered the right side of his face.
"Fine... When I was 12, I was taking a walk with Venus when I saw some kid attacking someone with his lava powers. I yelled at him to stop but when I did he shot some lava at my face. I got a burn on my cheek." Zane took his hand of his face to show everyone. "I saw a bucket of water not to far away from where I had fell. I reached for it, and I realized I was controlling the water, so I used the water to defeat him." Zane explained.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
"Woah! That's cool! So you have used your powers in a fight before? I haven't! " the young boy said "who else is left to talk about how they found their powers? "

Octavia walked forward a bit so they could hear her better. "well...i guess i'll share mine. I was taken to the streets to try to get food with the money we had at the time with her. i was about 8 at the time, i think. No younger than that, at least. As we walked by, I could hear words- well, no...-more like sentences, not mine though, in my head. Forming. The more people we walked by, the more sentences i could hear from people. The more my head hurt. I tugged on my mother's arm." she said to them, with hesitation. "Then I asked her..."Mother.....w-why is everyone so...angry...and sad all time the time?" She told me to be quiet, but i replied to her "It's true! The guy over there is wishing he hadn't tried to take the food from the store we walked by yesterday, and-" she then pushed me to the side of the street and asked me how I knew, since the man looked fine. “I heard him say it in his mind”, I told her.” She replied to herself, trying to not show the pain in her expression. “My power is telepathy. I can hear people’s thoughts, I can transmit information to them. If it’s too long or something, I might collapse or lose energy. Stuff like that.” Octavia looked at the rest of them to make sure they didn’t appear concerned.

While staring longingly into the distance, Alex's eyebrows narrowed at the sound of voices. It seemed like a whole group of people by the sound of it, the girl tipped her head slightly to one side and shifted so she could get a better angle. Sure enough, there was a group of people passing by the old library. They were just kids, not suspicious at all- but any normal person would eaves drop just a little bit. And when the girl heard the word "power" more than once, it peaked her curiosity. Powers? Like hers? The girl stared down at her hands for a moment, blinking as she thought about her ability- which ostracized her from others at a young age. Looking back up, Alexandra began to note the people's faces 5 in total, 2 male and 3 female. She sort of recognized some of them, but had never seen them all hanging out before. What was going on?

Marcus quickly grew tired of his clumsy pursuer- who hadn't managed to so much as graze him after a few minutes. While floating just out of reach, arms crossed over his chest, Marcus let out a low sigh and shrugged. "Out of breath already?" Marcus inquired to the large man, who was surely slowing down over time, "What's with the face? It's not like you don't need the exercise- I'm helping you achieve that summer dream bod." The boy mocked as the man just grumbled a curse and walked away. Marcus slowly dropped back to the floor and sighed- this town was boring.

Without noticing it himself, the boy came to an abrupt stop. His mouth quivered, and his stomach demanded food with a beastly growl. Placing his hand over it, in an attempt to quell the feeling that was stirring up from within. He at least knew right from wrong, otherwise he would've continued his scavenge for that last coin... even if he had to take it by force. Without saying a word, he scanned the area for any place to sit down and rest, what he found was a lonely bench cast off to the side of the road. His food moved towards the structure unconsciously until he was close enough to finally sit down.

His gaze met the dirt below his feet, accompanied with a slight frown of disappointment. This was as far as he could go, there was no point in even trying to fight fate. The least he could do for himself was providing himself some entertainment before his hunger consumed him, thus the boy rose his arm and pointed his outward. Soon after a few chipmunks, birds, and other small creatures began to surround him, even climbing onto his outward pointed arm. A bittersweet smile sprouted from the boy, he was contempt with this- but if by some miracle he received food... he wouldn't complain.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
(Sorry I never replied...XP)
"Thats cool Octavia!" Venus replied. Venus was very happy to get to know everyone better. "Theres our house!" Venus pointed to the small cottage. She grabbed her brother's hand as she ran to the house. Zane opened the door and let everyone in. He gave a short glare at Octavia when he felt the pain in his head again.