• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventure in Johto Discussion Thread

Well least I don't since my characters are just Pokémon after all.. (Although that Final Backdrift move might be a bit questionable in terms of power now that I think about it...)

I kinda feel like having levels is a bit odd since most RPs take in the setting of realism, rather than games. (Because I'm pretty sure that someone can remember more than four moves at the very least...)

I have a quick question about my recent post... 1.) Is the battle good? Is it back and forth enough, and does it seem realistic?, and 2.) Should Elliot catch the leader Bellsprout? He can catch like around the 2nd gym, and we could say it visited him?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Don't catch the leader bellsprout since he was only supposed to be seen once. Also can you guys edit your post so you never defeated the bellsprouts? I'd really appreciate that. Elliot can catch a bellsprout, just no the leader. Besides that have fun roleplaying, just don't head to violet city yet

Oh... well I suppose this might call for a change of plans with my characters then...

*??? sits down trying to accelerate his perception of time by concentrating rather hard on it*

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Currently, you can only have 2 pkmn max. After you beat the first gym you can have 3, after second you can have 4 etc. but remember to be as strong as everyone else so it's not too op and maybe you shouldn't get a new Pokemon immediately after you get a badge.

Name: Adam
Personality: nice but often gets mad
Appearance: (I can't explain it good so look at my trainer card called 'Adam-Johto')
Pokemon: Minun

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Accepted, also I'm going to post my final team for the region.
Typhlosion
Alakazam
Honchkrow
Politoed
Tangrowth
Steelix

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
you can do what I suggested before on your profile post. go past cherrygrove and ask for a battle. then you can just head on over to violet city or make you're own thing like a post where you bond or train with your pokemon etc. it's all your choice but you can post whenever you want

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I know caterpie is a weak pokemon and all. and this is for beginners rp. so i'm just going to leave a tip. and that's to make battles or catching pokemon more exciting. you don't have to be detailed or anything. but even a long lines of attacks and short descriptions of them is better than... well. something similar to this.

"Lucario use Aura Sphere!" Jason shouted. Lucario shot the ball which hit the Aggron and making Jason and Lucario win.

That... that's bad. i'm not saying you're latest post is bad. but when you're fighting powerful pokemon don't end the fight in one line.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
1 shiny max- no legendaries or pseudo legendaries- ask staff for mega evolutions- try to be in equal level with everyone- don't dodge every attack- ask me for lab starters that you don't begin with. Those are the rules for this roleplay.

How to introduce your character:
Name:
Personality: (optional but recommended)
Backstory: (optional)
Pokemon: (max 2- don't choose lab starters)
Appearance:

read this and copy the way to introduce your character. then fill out the form and post here so I can accept you

Name: Tristan Letters
Personality: Tristan is very, impulsive. He rarely thinks before doing anything in both his battle techniques and everyday life. He lives for thrill and adventure and expects his pokemon to be able to keep up. He is extremely trusting as well which is part of the reason he is so rash, he always relies on someone to get him out of a tough situation.
Backstory: Tristan comes from a family of scholars, from a young age it became clear that he was reckless and rambunctious. His parents spent less time playing with him than they did helping his brother's study but it never really got to him until his 9th birthday when they told him they didn't want him to peruse a training career. Apparently it's to dangerous, but Tristan plans to prove them wrong.
Pokemon: Male Chimchar which wears same bandanna as Tristan
Appearance: Tristan has red hair which is shaved on the sides and spiked up at the top, he had brilliant green eyes and faint freckles on tanned skin. He usually sports a bruise or scratch of some kind and wears t-shirts with shorts. He also wears a green banana with a simple star in the middle, around his neck.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@9012_dirt this battle is going to go on forever since neither of us like to lose so let's do a showdown battle instead and in the next post I can either win (if you're ok with me saying chimchar fainted) or lose. that way it's fair. btw have your Pokémon be level 11. oh and set your format as gen 7 ou

I don't know what half of that means XD. What's a showdown battle, and I don't mind losing if that's what it comes to. And how do I set my format gen 7?